Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 14:22 - Oct 26 with 13863 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Dale XI v Dagenham: Lillis, Rafferty, Lancashire, O'Connell, Rose, Dicker, Vincenti, Allen, Lund, Henderson, Donnelly
Match Thread on 18:41 - Oct 26 with 2617 viewsrobbowood

according to BBC

Possession
Dag 48% Dale 52%
Shots
Dag 8 Dale 23
On target
Dag 5 Dale 6
Corners
Dag 3 Dale 8

so it seems we more than held our own but I await the reports from those who were there to confirm this

23 shots is an amazing number. More times than not we'll win games if we have that many

but hey we are still at the top of the table (albeit on goal difference) and that's a fantastic place to be!!

but we are still joint top of table on points
Match Thread on 18:54 - Oct 26 with 2574 viewsBobbyjoe

Match Thread on 17:14 - Oct 26 by SalwaDale

But Macro is clearly correct in his assault on Lillis.

Who else has let in all our goals this season?

Is it that bloke in the Main Stand?
Match Thread on 18:59 - Oct 26 with 2546 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread on 16:39 - Oct 26 by pedrodale

Any more chances?

T For me, Lillis was at fault for the first, shouldn't have been beaten so easilyat his near post. The second was a result of defensive dithering and their striker nipped in with a neat lob. Unsure about their third as it was at the far end of the pitch but it just looked like a good strike. We were unlucky to come away with nothing, the only other game I've seen recentlywwas Pompey and despite similar scorelines the performances were night and day. Not sure what Cummins brings to the team, he occasionally holds the ball up but doesn't really provide an aerial threat. I'm surprised Vincenti was taken off, we got over some decent crosses and he is the only one who managed to get on the end of anything. For me, I would've subbed Allen, not that he had a bad game but when we're throwing in crosses he's obviously not a threat. Bad scoreline, ok performance.....keep the faith!
Match Thread on 20:22 - Oct 26 with 2348 viewssandylaner1

but did we deserve it?
Match Thread on 00:58 - Oct 27 with 2103 viewsblakeyj

After seeing keith hills comments for their second goal on the FLS he seemed very annoyed
Match Thread on 01:00 - Oct 27 with 2101 viewslove_the_dale

Match Thread on 16:55 - Oct 26 by macro

Three one and it goes through Lillis again

Just watched the goals. Where exactly did Josh go wrong with any of the goals? Were you at the game? Perhaps it looked different from the way it came across on the box.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2013 1:01]
Match Thread on 08:06 - Oct 27 with 2012 viewsfitzochris

Wasn't there (as is the case with pretty much every away game nowadays) but I don't feel too disheartened. We can't keep giving teams a head start and expect to win, so it was inevitable we'd lose a game where that happened sooner or later. I'm a little disheartened to hear Daggers won by less than chivalrous tactics, but hey ho.

Anyway, we've the FA Cup draw to look forward to today and a Saturday home game next weekend.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread on 08:26 - Oct 27 with 1981 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread on 01:00 - Oct 27 by love_the_dale

Just watched the goals. Where exactly did Josh go wrong with any of the goals? Were you at the game? Perhaps it looked different from the way it came across on the box.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2013 1:01]

3 balls went past him into the net so lets just forget how good he's been so far

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 12:03 - Oct 27 with 1839 viewsjonesy

Match Thread on 18:59 - Oct 26 by richfoad32

T For me, Lillis was at fault for the first, shouldn't have been beaten so easilyat his near post. The second was a result of defensive dithering and their striker nipped in with a neat lob. Unsure about their third as it was at the far end of the pitch but it just looked like a good strike. We were unlucky to come away with nothing, the only other game I've seen recentlywwas Pompey and despite similar scorelines the performances were night and day. Not sure what Cummins brings to the team, he occasionally holds the ball up but doesn't really provide an aerial threat. I'm surprised Vincenti was taken off, we got over some decent crosses and he is the only one who managed to get on the end of anything. For me, I would've subbed Allen, not that he had a bad game but when we're throwing in crosses he's obviously not a threat. Bad scoreline, ok performance.....keep the faith!

Pretty much agree with all except the Lillis criticism. Funnily enough the Portsmouth game was my only Dale game this season. I think we both ought to be bribed to stay away from games!!
Also agree about the hand ball, sending off, penalty when we scored.
Ref pretty clueless. Goalkeeper taking ages to tie his laces and cause us to lose momentum as we were getting on top and attcking well.
May go to Southend but if so I suggest everyone else gives it a miss with my luck. Hope the Southend "steward" who was looking for trouble last season has been given the push (literally?).
Match Thread on 12:25 - Oct 27 with 1814 viewsmacro

Yes I was at the game first one he should have done better with, second he should have been more alert maybe I was Harsh with the third but I stand by the fact he is too error prone
Match Thread on 12:43 - Oct 27 with 1786 views100notout

Just watched the FLS. Thought Dicker was to blame for the first and 3rd goals.

Also great quote from hilly about their second goal and the centre forward walking back with his hands in the air - "the police should have come on and arrested him"

Quality.

Not too down about this result. A bad day at the office, a few individual errors - no doubt they will sort it out.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread on 12:50 - Oct 27 with 1771 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread on 12:25 - Oct 27 by macro

Yes I was at the game first one he should have done better with, second he should have been more alert maybe I was Harsh with the third but I stand by the fact he is too error prone

Not sure at all what he could have done with the second. The defenders are culpable for that one.

Fine margins though. Jamie Allen's first minute dinked shot goes over the bar, Dagenham's goes in.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread on 13:01 - Oct 27 with 1753 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread on 12:03 - Oct 27 by jonesy

Pretty much agree with all except the Lillis criticism. Funnily enough the Portsmouth game was my only Dale game this season. I think we both ought to be bribed to stay away from games!!
Also agree about the hand ball, sending off, penalty when we scored.
Ref pretty clueless. Goalkeeper taking ages to tie his laces and cause us to lose momentum as we were getting on top and attcking well.
May go to Southend but if so I suggest everyone else gives it a miss with my luck. Hope the Southend "steward" who was looking for trouble last season has been given the push (literally?).

Fook. I was considering Southend for my next game as well, you think they might want to bribe us to go on a xmas piss-up instead?

I wasn't trying to be overly critical of Lillis. My gut reaction at the time was the shot for their first seemed pretty tame and he could've done better, I haven't seen the goals since and if this wasn't the case then I'm happy to apologise.

To be fair to the ref, he did book their keeper for the blatant time wasting. There was one incident though when their left-winger dived three or four times during the same run and the ref took no action. Shame really, he didn't need to do it as he looked a decent player. When Rafferty got booked early doors against him I feared the worst.
Match Thread on 13:09 - Oct 27 with 1735 viewsmacro

Just feel he could have been more alert to the danger, but I agree the defence shouldn't have been caught out by a hoof up field
Match Thread on 13:19 - Oct 27 with 1719 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread on 13:01 - Oct 27 by richfoad32

Fook. I was considering Southend for my next game as well, you think they might want to bribe us to go on a xmas piss-up instead?

I wasn't trying to be overly critical of Lillis. My gut reaction at the time was the shot for their first seemed pretty tame and he could've done better, I haven't seen the goals since and if this wasn't the case then I'm happy to apologise.

To be fair to the ref, he did book their keeper for the blatant time wasting. There was one incident though when their left-winger dived three or four times during the same run and the ref took no action. Shame really, he didn't need to do it as he looked a decent player. When Rafferty got booked early doors against him I feared the worst.

It was Hoyte who got booked for initially delaying throwing the ball back to the keeper.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024