Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Britton 17:04 - Oct 19 with 5427 viewsDarran

Deserves his own thread.
Swashbucklingly spectacular.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leon Britton on 20:21 - Oct 19 with 1462 viewsjandyt

Leon Britton on 20:15 - Oct 19 by waynekerr55

As he's too short mun. And he doesn't run around like Scott Parker.

England couldn't see an international holding midfielder if it bit them on the ass. The continued non use of Carrick being the case in point

Isn't that a fact- someone mentioned to me earlier this week about Hodgson in his post match interview when, as Fulham manager he admitted he hadn't done his homework on us after we stuffed them. As an international manager with more time on his hands he still hasn't done his homework on us- and presumably other Premier league teams who aren't one of the big 6 or 7. England as a team deserve Hodgson, and they'll win nothing!

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Leon Britton on 20:29 - Oct 19 with 1439 viewsblaine_scfc

Leon Britton on 20:21 - Oct 19 by jandyt

Isn't that a fact- someone mentioned to me earlier this week about Hodgson in his post match interview when, as Fulham manager he admitted he hadn't done his homework on us after we stuffed them. As an international manager with more time on his hands he still hasn't done his homework on us- and presumably other Premier league teams who aren't one of the big 6 or 7. England as a team deserve Hodgson, and they'll win nothing!

Wasn't at the game today, but well played Leon! Jack legend no doubt about that. Also glad to be proved wrong on JDG, seems as if he played well today.
Leon Britton on 20:30 - Oct 19 with 1435 viewsno1jack8

the first half chase back and dispossession after our corner was brilliant with the whole east stand rising to applaud and salute him,

michu is amazing but theres something about leon coming out of a 50-50 60-40 70-30 not in his favour with the ball and simply passing it to a team mate that is just amazing to watch at every level hes played at. never gets bulleyed rarely outmuscled for his size!
Leon Britton on 20:31 - Oct 19 with 1428 viewsmax936

Leon Britton on 17:16 - Oct 19 by WarwickHunt

MOTM today.

40% Busquets, 30% Xavi, 30% Duracell Bunny.

100% Jack. Take a bow Leon.

I love Leon, he's the jelly in my jelly roll

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Leon Britton on 20:36 - Oct 19 with 1412 viewsepaul

Leon Britton on 20:31 - Oct 19 by max936

I love Leon, he's the jelly in my jelly roll

I can imagine the size of the roll Maxie,

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Leon Britton on 20:39 - Oct 19 with 1397 viewsDarran

That's not nice Paul, are you saying Max eats a lot?

Leon Britton on 20:41 - Oct 19 with 1386 viewsmax936

Leon Britton on 20:36 - Oct 19 by epaul

I can imagine the size of the roll Maxie,

l like you

Leon Britton on 20:44 - Oct 19 with 1372 viewsNeathJack

Head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch. Again.

If he was 6 foot 2 he would have 30 caps by now.
Login to get fewer ads

Leon Britton on 20:48 - Oct 19 with 1359 viewsmax936

Leon Britton for England he's head and shoulders above any other English defensive midfielder.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 20:49]

Leon Britton on 20:53 - Oct 19 with 1343 viewsymaohyd

I must be honest, I don't go to many games and at half time I was wondering what I was watching and couldn't get over the irony that often exists in football.

By that I mean we move out of a public gym of a training facility into a fantastic new complex, spend the likes of £6 mill on the likes of Shelvey and of course the huge outlay on Bony, yet we haven't had a great start to the season and in the first, half our famous triangles were no where to be season.

The irony strikes again though, our best player on the pitch was Leon, hardly wasted anything. Amid all the good and the supposed great, one of the reasons we are where we are came shining through and should give ML food for thought

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Leon Britton on 22:26 - Oct 19 with 1275 viewsSwanseajill

And to think we were passing the bucket all along the Vetch field stands, week after week, reading...Britton needs you!!! to help to pay his wages.
He's certainly worth every penny, and always has been.
Leon Britton on 22:31 - Oct 19 with 1264 viewsDarran

Leon Britton on 22:26 - Oct 19 by Swanseajill

And to think we were passing the bucket all along the Vetch field stands, week after week, reading...Britton needs you!!! to help to pay his wages.

The Battle For Britton Gorgeous.

I've seen a lot of players play for Swansea and I think he's the greatest player I've ever seen and I'm deadly serious.

Leon Britton on 22:31 - Oct 19 with 1262 viewsPureRockFury

Leon Britton on 22:26 - Oct 19 by Swanseajill

The 'battle for Britton' days will never be forgotten and just make it all the sweeter to see him offering masterclasses like today at Premiership level, and nice to read in the post about his role in awards for young local kids.

Even the bad times were good.

Leon Britton on 22:34 - Oct 19 with 1255 viewsmarchamjack

Head and shoulders MoM.

Our current best XI includes Leon in it. Canas will replace him, but not yet.

Legend Legend Legend.

Tom Cleverly played nearly every game for England in their WC qualifying campaign...would you swap him for Leon?

Is Leon the best current English Prem League player not to play for his country?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Leon Britton on 22:35 - Oct 19 with 1250 viewsSwanseajill

Leon Britton on 22:31 - Oct 19 by Darran

The Battle For Britton Gorgeous.

I've seen a lot of players play for Swansea and I think he's the greatest player I've ever seen and I'm deadly serious.

Not on my bucket it did'nt. It also said...NOTES ONLY TYVM.
Leon Britton on 22:36 - Oct 19 with 1206 viewswr72

He's good enough for an England game.Come on Roy,pick him for one of the many friendlies coming up and top off an incredible career for the lad.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 22:36]
Leon Britton on 22:37 - Oct 19 with 1203 viewsDarran

Leon Britton on 22:36 - Oct 19 by wr72

He's good enough for an England game.Come on Roy,pick him for one of the many friendlies coming up and top off an incredible career for the lad.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 22:36]

Spot on.

Leon Britton on 22:38 - Oct 19 with 1198 viewsDarran

Leon Britton on 22:35 - Oct 19 by Swanseajill

Not on my bucket it did'nt. It also said...NOTES ONLY TYVM.

Hard sell,loves ew.

Leon Britton on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 1195 viewsSwanseajill

Leon Britton on 22:34 - Oct 19 by marchamjack

Head and shoulders MoM.

Our current best XI includes Leon in it. Canas will replace him, but not yet.

Legend Legend Legend.

Tom Cleverly played nearly every game for England in their WC qualifying campaign...would you swap him for Leon?

Is Leon the best current English Prem League player not to play for his country?

Agree with Legend 100%. Not worried about him playing for England, lets keep him cwtched and fit for as long as his engine and legs allow.
Leon Britton on 22:52 - Oct 19 with 1170 viewsDavillin

Leon Britton on 20:30 - Oct 19 by no1jack8

the first half chase back and dispossession after our corner was brilliant with the whole east stand rising to applaud and salute him,

michu is amazing but theres something about leon coming out of a 50-50 60-40 70-30 not in his favour with the ball and simply passing it to a team mate that is just amazing to watch at every level hes played at. never gets bulleyed rarely outmuscled for his size!

I can't remember ever seeing him flying flat-out top speed as he did today. Brilliant!

And he can still take the ball away from someone like picking a pickpocket's pocket.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Leon Britton on 23:27 - Oct 19 with 1142 viewsSwanseajill

Leon Britton on 22:52 - Oct 19 by Davillin

I can't remember ever seeing him flying flat-out top speed as he did today. Brilliant!

And he can still take the ball away from someone like picking a pickpocket's pocket.

'picking a pickpockets pocket' is very apt, and describes his football beautifully Dav.

Do you yearn for the days when you only had news of the game....after the event? No? I thought not.
Watching it live must be great in your neck of the woods.
Leon Britton on 23:48 - Oct 19 with 1116 viewsDavillin

Leon Britton on 23:27 - Oct 19 by Swanseajill

'picking a pickpockets pocket' is very apt, and describes his football beautifully Dav.

Do you yearn for the days when you only had news of the game....after the event? No? I thought not.
Watching it live must be great in your neck of the woods.

No, I do not! But, like you, those days make me grateful every game day.

Remember BBC's "Live Text Commentary"? When I found it, I thought I was in a preview of heaven.

I'm blessed to say that I rarely miss a game live, and then I usually get a re-run. Sadly, the new NBC system can't hold a candle to the previous set-up, Fox Soccer Plus, when I usually got live and re-run, and then more re-runs.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 23:54]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Leon Britton on 00:15 - Oct 20 with 1096 viewsDarran

Leon Britton on 23:48 - Oct 19 by Davillin

No, I do not! But, like you, those days make me grateful every game day.

Remember BBC's "Live Text Commentary"? When I found it, I thought I was in a preview of heaven.

I'm blessed to say that I rarely miss a game live, and then I usually get a re-run. Sadly, the new NBC system can't hold a candle to the previous set-up, Fox Soccer Plus, when I usually got live and re-run, and then more re-runs.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 23:54]

Friendships forever.
F*cking love you Dude and so do lots of others.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024