Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaching the iron curtain 21:21 - Sep 7 with 18644 viewsjacko_dale

I've not signed up to the Bury message board and seem to remember people saying there was a strict selection process for becoming a member...so wondering if anyone who managed to slip through the net could give us an idea of what the mongs thought about today's game? Are they all as deluded as their David Brent wannabe manager?

Spellcheck edit!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 21:22]
Breaching the iron curtain on 17:32 - Sep 9 with 3073 viewsColDale

I thought Bury's biggest problem was that as soon as we went down to ten men, they felt they had to equalise straight away. Everything was rushed, whether it was Carson getting the ball or throw ins being taken. They should have enough experience in the likes of Tommy Miller to show a bit of patience and just concentrate on spending long periods in possession in our half, knowing that chances would come soon enough.
Breaching the iron curtain on 17:42 - Sep 9 with 3051 viewsAtThePeake

Breaching the iron curtain on 16:18 - Sep 9 by shaker90

I am openly admitting that you were better on Saturday but if I was a dale fan I wouldn't be too impressed with your own performance, as I have said either on here or on our board we wont perform like that very often perhaps once every 5/6 years, you did fully deserve your win though.

A little bit of wee came out.

5/6 years, fantastic.

Tangled up in blue.

Breaching the iron curtain on 17:48 - Sep 9 with 3039 viewsHotTamale

Breaching the iron curtain on 16:18 - Sep 9 by shaker90

I am openly admitting that you were better on Saturday but if I was a dale fan I wouldn't be too impressed with your own performance, as I have said either on here or on our board we wont perform like that very often perhaps once every 5/6 years, you did fully deserve your win though.

Sweet Jesus Shaker90. I thought you were trolling on the Bury board, but you really are like this!

Heya, I'm Hot Tamale. A Bury fan who got banned from my board for calling someone a small bean regarder. I was in the cemmy after the Rochdale game and a few Dale fans put on all the songs in the juke that had the word REVOLUTION or DAY in the title. Cheered me up after a dismal day, so thanks guys.
Breaching the iron curtain on 17:51 - Sep 9 with 3028 viewsAtThePeake

Breaching the iron curtain on 17:48 - Sep 9 by HotTamale

Sweet Jesus Shaker90. I thought you were trolling on the Bury board, but you really are like this!

Heya, I'm Hot Tamale. A Bury fan who got banned from my board for calling someone a small bean regarder. I was in the cemmy after the Rochdale game and a few Dale fans put on all the songs in the juke that had the word REVOLUTION or DAY in the title. Cheered me up after a dismal day, so thanks guys.

Do you like tamale, tepid tamale?

Tangled up in blue.

Breaching the iron curtain on 17:53 - Sep 9 with 3020 views442Dale

Breaching the iron curtain on 17:32 - Sep 9 by ColDale

I thought Bury's biggest problem was that as soon as we went down to ten men, they felt they had to equalise straight away. Everything was rushed, whether it was Carson getting the ball or throw ins being taken. They should have enough experience in the likes of Tommy Miller to show a bit of patience and just concentrate on spending long periods in possession in our half, knowing that chances would come soon enough.

I thought Bury's biggest problem was that as soon as we went down to ten men, Kevin Blackwell was their manager.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Breaching the iron curtain on 18:07 - Sep 9 with 2992 viewsHotTamale

Breaching the iron curtain on 17:53 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

I thought Bury's biggest problem was that as soon as we went down to ten men, Kevin Blackwell was their manager.

Haha! Agreed.
Breaching the iron curtain on 18:43 - Sep 9 with 2949 viewsDale_Pea

Breaching the iron curtain on 17:48 - Sep 9 by HotTamale

Classic TTNYear on the jukebox...

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Breaching the iron curtain on 19:01 - Sep 9 with 2923 viewsTTNYear

Sorry cant claim total rights to that. Mr P Admin started the ball rolling... I just gave it a playful push

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Login to get fewer ads

Breaching the iron curtain on 19:15 - Sep 9 with 2885 viewsDale_Pea

Breaching the iron curtain on 19:01 - Sep 9 by TTNYear

Sorry cant claim total rights to that. Mr P Admin started the ball rolling... I just gave it a playful push

Sorry Col!

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Breaching the iron curtain on 19:21 - Sep 9 with 2870 viewssweetcorn

Breaching the iron curtain on 17:53 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Breaching the iron curtain on 21:57 - Sep 9 with 2801 viewsTVOS1907

Breaching the iron curtain on 16:46 - Sep 9 by fermin

I thought Bury started off quite well and we weren't really in the game that much for the first half hour. Hence, when we went down to 10 men I expected a difficult second half. However, looking back on it now it was all rather comfortable for us in the end.

While we have played well in bursts this season, I cannot see us being good enough to be consistently near the top unless the league turns out to be of a not very high standard (and so far only Chesterfield have impressed me so it is possible).

I'd tend to agree with you, fermin, but we all know Hill generally sees what we see and will have some aces up his sleeve.

I also recall that his teams have never really hit the ground running at the start of seasons.

We were bottom after two games in 07/08, won only one of the first six in 08/09 and won two of the first six in our promotion season.

I know those teams and squads were stronger than what we currently possess, especially in attack, but the parallels are there.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Breaching the iron curtain on 13:27 - Sep 11 with 2573 viewsShakersforever

A horrendous game of football threatened to ruin a fantastic day drinking.

We were outfought by an average but determined team, we were out-thought by a brilliant lower league manager.

It was very good meeting up with some of the posters on here, especially good talking about the old Y3K days.

As for our message board, well I got warned on there for calling Blackwell a Troglodyte. Apparently it was abuse.

We were crap, you were average, beer was good, that's League 2 football. One manager came out of this game with credit and one looks like an even bigger mingebag than previously!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2013 13:38]
Breaching the iron curtain on 00:03 - Sep 15 with 2376 viewsColDale

The Grimes debate has started

(as predicted by everybody)
Breaching the iron curtain on 00:06 - Sep 15 with 2361 viewsSalwaDale

Breaching the iron curtain on 00:03 - Sep 15 by ColDale

The Grimes debate has started

(as predicted by everybody)

A bury fan at work came up to me a while ago so excited that they'd signed Grimes and they actually thought I'd be gutted. He came up to me last week and said "you we're right, he's rubbish".

TBBT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024