Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? 12:31 - Oct 22 with 437 viewsReslovenSwan1

I must admit I miss Wayne Routledge playing for Swansea. He was a joy to watch and I was always hopeful he could do something special. The winner at Leeds from nowhere, springs to mind.

Swansea do not have a lot of money and the club has gone for young 22 year olds some who are thriving and others struggling to nake an impact.

Wayne despite his prodigious talent could not make an impression either in struggling teams and his talent was released when he joined Swansea at 26 as a lost soul.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Routledge

He was cheap to buy and his wages were not huge. He was behind Sinclair and Dyer in the pecking order. The Laudrup arrived. Boom.

One player in this ilk might be Ben Woodburn. I know of him because he is Welsh but there might be many others who have been grinded into the ground by the EFL who w could be the next Routledge. Eom perhaps?

Wise sage since Toshack era

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 12:48 - Oct 22 with 406 viewsKeithHaynes

‘Nobody will ever know’ the way we are going.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 13:14 - Oct 22 with 385 viewspete

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 12:48 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

‘Nobody will ever know’ the way we are going.

can any one give some info if we are signing either or both of thr free guys?
The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 15:21 - Oct 22 with 300 viewsswancity

Wayne was an outstanding winger at Swansea where had the best time of his career. Unorthodox in some ways especially with his preferred delivery style of the outside of his right foot and he scored at Villa in our first away win in the Premier league. It was on New Year’s Day I was at the game. Brendan Rodgers was our manager then. Brendan liked him and rightly so as both him and Dyer were integral to our success then. Of course later Laudrup also recognised Wayne’s quality and unpredictable style. He was quick and direct I recall Him giving our left back I think it was Bessone a hard game at the Liberty when he played for Cardiff.

We aren’t producing the talent locally sadly. I’m not sure why but forwards particularly are in short supply.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 15:22 - Oct 22 with 299 viewsjack247

Drastically underrated by a lot of people
The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 15:36 - Oct 22 with 280 viewsswancity

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 15:22 - Oct 22 by jack247

Drastically underrated by a lot of people

Only be those who don’t understand football

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 15:48 - Oct 22 with 247 viewsWhiterockin

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 15:36 - Oct 22 by swancity

Only be those who don’t understand football

If only Ronald had a football brain like Routledge and Naughton.
The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 16:07 - Oct 22 with 205 viewsReslovenSwan1

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 15:48 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

If only Ronald had a football brain like Routledge and Naughton.

I feel there is an unloved maverick type player out there for Swansea to pick up cheaply and add a bit of flair in Eoms absence. Palace picked up Eze struggling at QPR and Olise from Reading. Their club was such a basket cad they did not realize what they had.
[Post edited 22 Oct 18:48]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 17:06 - Oct 22 with 130 viewsKeithHaynes

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 13:14 - Oct 22 by pete

can any one give some info if we are signing either or both of thr free guys?

Nope. Not really.

The press interview hasn’t happened again this week.

I’ve been told they are both the lowest salary wise available but still (as of Sunday afternoon) hadn’t had an agreement or approach.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 18:00 - Oct 22 with 85 viewspete

The next Wayne Routledge. Is there anyone like this? on 17:06 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

Nope. Not really.

The press interview hasn’t happened again this week.

I’ve been told they are both the lowest salary wise available but still (as of Sunday afternoon) hadn’t had an agreement or approach.

thank you Keith
tells you a lot really does it not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024