Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Williams ? 18:19 - Oct 19 with 5032 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke Williams ? on 20:36 - Oct 19 with 1004 viewsFireboy2

Luke Williams ? on 20:28 - Oct 19 by KeithHaynes

Franco missing that chance tho

He had his head in his hands.
Luke Williams ? on 20:38 - Oct 19 with 998 viewsQJumpingJack

When Luke needs help - who can he currently turn to at the club to chat to / get advice from?
Luke Williams ? on 20:39 - Oct 19 with 991 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams ? on 20:38 - Oct 19 by QJumpingJack

When Luke needs help - who can he currently turn to at the club to chat to / get advice from?

His assistant, Sheehan. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke Williams ? on 20:46 - Oct 19 with 966 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams ? on 20:38 - Oct 19 by QJumpingJack

Coleman.
Luke Williams ? on 20:51 - Oct 19 with 944 viewsQJumpingJack

Luke Williams ? on 20:39 - Oct 19 by KeithHaynes

His assistant, Sheehan. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

not experienced.

I expect most managers at The Vetch / Liberty would speak to the likes of Alan Curtis (when he was employed by the club).

Someone like Cooper could turn to Trevor Birch who has a wealth of experience.

The Trust claim that Gude is here to create a "winning culture" across the club. Maybe it is Ken but what can he offer on Championship football?
Luke Williams ? on 20:56 - Oct 19 with 870 viewsFireboy2

Luke Williams ? on 20:46 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

Coleman.

He couldn't today as the coward was in the crowd.
Luke Williams ? on 20:58 - Oct 19 with 849 viewsFireboy2

Luke Williams ? on 20:51 - Oct 19 by QJumpingJack

not experienced.

I expect most managers at The Vetch / Liberty would speak to the likes of Alan Curtis (when he was employed by the club).

Someone like Cooper could turn to Trevor Birch who has a wealth of experience.

The Trust claim that Gude is here to create a "winning culture" across the club. Maybe it is Ken but what can he offer on Championship football?

He wasn't with his mate today, perhaps he was on the golf course.
Luke Williams ? on 08:16 - Oct 20 with 656 viewsEagleEye

Some posters said it was ā€˜laughableā€™ when I pointed out that we had lost a significant number of goals by losing Paterson, Lowe & Yates and scoring goals would be a problem. So here we are (joint) lowest scorers in the league.

People said we shouldnā€™t judge the coach until we had played 10 games, so here we are 10 games in, time to get off the fence.

Luke has been let down not just by the quality of the recruits but also by the lack of depth & quantity that the club is willing to spend on. The defence has benefited by fewer injuries and not having to shoehorn poor loan players into the team. That said, he persists in playing players out of position, makes baffling substitution decisions & it seems to be taking forever to get some of the new players up to the demands of Championship football. The general play is too slow & too negative, these are failings of the coach.

I am not in the ā€˜outā€™ camp yet but the chairman needs to be thinking about where we go as we could well be in the relegation mix very soon. If we are in the relegation mix come mid December then a decision to stick or twist needs making. Really must do better Luke, the clock is ticking
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Williams ? on 09:25 - Oct 20 with 604 viewsDr_Winston

I'm not sure how Willams can be absolved from blame for our forward situation when he was the one who decided that he didn't like most of the ones we had apart from Cullen.

I'm not sure how Williams can be absolved from blame when he continually, game after game after game puts players into roles that don't suit them. Or picks a main creative midfielder who isn't creative. Runs around a lot though.

I'm not sure how Williams can be absolved from blame when he's overseen a complete regression in Matt Grimes from what we saw of him briefly last season. He's gone right back to being a millstone.

Bottom line is that we're worse off after ten games this season than we were last. Of course others bear some responsibility, but the argument from some to say that he's completely blameless holds less water than the Titanic.

We've been here before with another manager who shall remain nameless. Nothing was ever his fault according to some, even when it quite obviously was.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Williams ? on 09:34 - Oct 20 with 596 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams ? on 09:25 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

I'm not sure how Willams can be absolved from blame for our forward situation when he was the one who decided that he didn't like most of the ones we had apart from Cullen.

I'm not sure how Williams can be absolved from blame when he continually, game after game after game puts players into roles that don't suit them. Or picks a main creative midfielder who isn't creative. Runs around a lot though.

I'm not sure how Williams can be absolved from blame when he's overseen a complete regression in Matt Grimes from what we saw of him briefly last season. He's gone right back to being a millstone.

Bottom line is that we're worse off after ten games this season than we were last. Of course others bear some responsibility, but the argument from some to say that he's completely blameless holds less water than the Titanic.

We've been here before with another manager who shall remain nameless. Nothing was ever his fault according to some, even when it quite obviously was.

Great post and exactly as it is
We are walking with the ball.
Walking
Others notice this
Itā€™s shameful
Thereā€™s no need.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luke Williams ? on 09:43 - Oct 20 with 586 viewsandrew

Luke Williams ? on 19:04 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

Not really.
He is responsible for the performances
The development of players
The tactics
The game management
It baffles me too Champ why people swallow the crap we get fed

Managers canā€™t always make players better than they are.

Poll: Canā€™t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, whoā€™s off?

Luke Williams ? on 09:46 - Oct 20 with 583 viewsheatwave

The football continues to be tedious and just more of the same. I gave up my season ticket 3 seasons ago because I was basically bored with the football. I could then hang that on a previous incumbent. However 3 seasons later watching from home I feel exactly the same Biggest difference is I can now either turn to another game or take the dog for a walk. The excitement and looking forward to the next game has been taken from me.
Luke Williams ? on 09:50 - Oct 20 with 578 viewsLandore_Jack

There should be a poll for the American owners. They are the problem, not the manager.

#backtojack

Luke Williams ? on 09:53 - Oct 20 with 573 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams ? on 09:46 - Oct 20 by heatwave

The football continues to be tedious and just more of the same. I gave up my season ticket 3 seasons ago because I was basically bored with the football. I could then hang that on a previous incumbent. However 3 seasons later watching from home I feel exactly the same Biggest difference is I can now either turn to another game or take the dog for a walk. The excitement and looking forward to the next game has been taken from me.

Some would you yiu arenā€™t entitled to comment as yiu donā€™t go to game to see it all ,in its glorious spectacle .
Of course you do and have been driven away by tedium.
Many go to games out of habit,some commitment to the sentiment of a home town club, some for excitement .
This shower has driven all types of fan away. Our tail off has been dramatic .
And no,we are not a tiny ,tinpot club .We had swank,style,substance and kicked arse. We were spunky and proud . That has been killed off .
No excuses

What would bring you back heatwave?

Luke Williams ? on 09:58 - Oct 20 with 571 viewsLandore_Jack

Luke Williams ? on 09:25 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

The recruitment team must share some of the responsibility. Certain signings such as Bianchini, Peart Harris Myles, and Vipotnik have not worked out so far. Why the club didn't sign two strikers in the summer will remain a mystery. Also, why have the club allowed three first team players to enter their contract with less than 12 months remaining?

#backtojack

Luke Williams ? on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 566 viewsRichardO

Williams has complained in a number of games that we have lacked energy in our game but with the tactics employed we are letting teams get organised and by playing constantly out from the back we are making we same number of mistakes as we would further up the pitch but inviting the pressure whenever the opposition feel to need to exert while not creating our own.

We have seen us trying get Key and Tymon into the midfield with their movement but where are the midfielders when Tymon receives the ball from Vigouroux out wide where is the support from the midfield, where are the gaps being opened up, we are using the tactics are pulling our defence all out of shape and yet our front line is rigidly set, our a centre forward stuck in the middle and the two wingers out wide, the thing missing are players being prepared to give us good movement up front and in the middle of the park, we lament the loss of Eom and it is easy to see why he wasn't a player prepared to stick in one position, being prepared to give good movement it wasn't Ronald's crosses that had us on the edge of our seats when he got here it was his movement, that movement has been stifled by regimented play being dictated by the coach, very similar to other coaches have asked in certain ways, there is very little creativity being produced which maybe we could expect away from home but that lack of creativity is down to how the players are being setup and asked to play.
Nice movement, good passing sometimes risky but in spaces being created further up the pitch not in our defensive third for the sake of it.
Luke Williams ? on 10:07 - Oct 20 with 560 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams ? on 10:04 - Oct 20 by RichardO

Williams has complained in a number of games that we have lacked energy in our game but with the tactics employed we are letting teams get organised and by playing constantly out from the back we are making we same number of mistakes as we would further up the pitch but inviting the pressure whenever the opposition feel to need to exert while not creating our own.

We have seen us trying get Key and Tymon into the midfield with their movement but where are the midfielders when Tymon receives the ball from Vigouroux out wide where is the support from the midfield, where are the gaps being opened up, we are using the tactics are pulling our defence all out of shape and yet our front line is rigidly set, our a centre forward stuck in the middle and the two wingers out wide, the thing missing are players being prepared to give us good movement up front and in the middle of the park, we lament the loss of Eom and it is easy to see why he wasn't a player prepared to stick in one position, being prepared to give good movement it wasn't Ronald's crosses that had us on the edge of our seats when he got here it was his movement, that movement has been stifled by regimented play being dictated by the coach, very similar to other coaches have asked in certain ways, there is very little creativity being produced which maybe we could expect away from home but that lack of creativity is down to how the players are being setup and asked to play.
Nice movement, good passing sometimes risky but in spaces being created further up the pitch not in our defensive third for the sake of it.

Energy.
Walking doesnā€™t use much
Iā€™m baffled by that
We cruelly put our foot on the ball and stop,when 1-0 down in the last minute of play in an attacking position.
Now,sorry,that is unforgivable
No player should be doing that
If he is thenā€¦

Luke Williams ? on 11:00 - Oct 20 with 519 viewsunion_jack

Luke Williams ? on 09:46 - Oct 20 by heatwave

I had a Premier Club seat for years with probably the best seat in the ground, Iā€™m serious. I used to love going and couldnā€™t wait for the next home game.

I sold that some time ago and was lucky enough to have a friend take me along for a few games a season which I also enjoyed.

If he asks if I want to go now I take it as an insult!! Really couldnā€™t think of anything worse.

The last game I went to was Stoke a few seasons ago and I was begging to leave at half timešŸ˜‚.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Luke Williams ? on 11:14 - Oct 20 with 507 viewsmax936

Luke Williams ? on 20:58 - Oct 19 by Fireboy2

He wasn't with his mate today, perhaps he was on the golf course.

It was a lovely afternoon with a bit of a breeze to add to the excitement of a round of Golf.
I hope enjoyed his game if he did go.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luke Williams ? on 11:22 - Oct 20 with 493 viewsheatwave

Luke Williams ? on 09:53 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

Some would you yiu arenā€™t entitled to comment as yiu donā€™t go to game to see it all ,in its glorious spectacle .
Of course you do and have been driven away by tedium.
Many go to games out of habit,some commitment to the sentiment of a home town club, some for excitement .
This shower has driven all types of fan away. Our tail off has been dramatic .
And no,we are not a tiny ,tinpot club .We had swank,style,substance and kicked arse. We were spunky and proud . That has been killed off .
No excuses

What would bring you back heatwave?

People are always entitled to their opinion whether they attend or not. I've lapsed going down over the years on at least another 2 occasions since the 70s. That would have been more for financial reasons. I'm not in that position anymore so this a choice.
What would I bring back? I'm not really sure as the game in general appears to be going that way. The stats thing drives me up the wall. Listening to swans tv when the commentator seemed to claim a victory with us having twice as much possession as Blackburn. I thought now's the time to exercise the dog.
I watched Potters season when we lost 3-2 at home to Ipswich and thinking although we lost. I enjoyed that game.
Ok one thing to bring back would be entertainment.
Luke Williams ? on 11:32 - Oct 20 with 471 viewsDr_Winston

Luke Williams ? on 11:22 - Oct 20 by heatwave

People are always entitled to their opinion whether they attend or not. I've lapsed going down over the years on at least another 2 occasions since the 70s. That would have been more for financial reasons. I'm not in that position anymore so this a choice.
What would I bring back? I'm not really sure as the game in general appears to be going that way. The stats thing drives me up the wall. Listening to swans tv when the commentator seemed to claim a victory with us having twice as much possession as Blackburn. I thought now's the time to exercise the dog.
I watched Potters season when we lost 3-2 at home to Ipswich and thinking although we lost. I enjoyed that game.

The Potter season was basically the last time I enjoyed going to games. We were inconsistent, but given the upheaval we'd gone through after relegation and the sheer turnover in the squad I thought he was clearly building something for the future. We played some lovely stuff at times.

Cooper's tenure was dull, based largely on grinding out results in a similar style to the English setup under Southgate. Tournament football over a 46 game season and just as much fun to watch (when we were allowed to).

Martin's era was just frustrating and annoying at watching what was a pretty good squad be mismanaged to the point of almost becoming relegation candidates, and the person almost wholly responsible for it being constantly defended, excused and absolved for his idiocy/arrogance.

Duff wasn't here long enough to have any kind of serious impact, let alone the negative one that some would have you believe. Did himself no favours by being honest.

So far Williams is mostly just Martin minus Piroe but with a better defence. The same kind of playing favourites, unwillingness to change what needs to be changed and maybe give others a chance, the same kind of dull, possession for the sake of it football, the same insistence on smashing square pegs into round holes.

You can maybe see some sense in what he's trying to do, but if he doesn't have the players to do it then he should be working to the best of what he has, not what he'd like to have.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Williams ? on 12:06 - Oct 20 with 432 viewsbuilthjack

A big thing for me is the manager has no say in what players come in.
You have directors of football etc , a lot who have never played the game at any decent level, suddenly spending millions on players that they think are brilliant.
A lot of ours over the last few years have turned out to be flops.
A manager canā€™t get a tune out of players that are simply not good enough.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Luke Williams ? on 12:18 - Oct 20 with 426 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams ? on 11:32 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

The Potter season was basically the last time I enjoyed going to games. We were inconsistent, but given the upheaval we'd gone through after relegation and the sheer turnover in the squad I thought he was clearly building something for the future. We played some lovely stuff at times.

Cooper's tenure was dull, based largely on grinding out results in a similar style to the English setup under Southgate. Tournament football over a 46 game season and just as much fun to watch (when we were allowed to).

Martin's era was just frustrating and annoying at watching what was a pretty good squad be mismanaged to the point of almost becoming relegation candidates, and the person almost wholly responsible for it being constantly defended, excused and absolved for his idiocy/arrogance.

Duff wasn't here long enough to have any kind of serious impact, let alone the negative one that some would have you believe. Did himself no favours by being honest.

So far Williams is mostly just Martin minus Piroe but with a better defence. The same kind of playing favourites, unwillingness to change what needs to be changed and maybe give others a chance, the same kind of dull, possession for the sake of it football, the same insistence on smashing square pegs into round holes.

You can maybe see some sense in what he's trying to do, but if he doesn't have the players to do it then he should be working to the best of what he has, not what he'd like to have.

Good post
Itā€™s about deploying what stock he has

Luke Williams ? on 12:22 - Oct 20 with 424 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams ? on 11:22 - Oct 20 by heatwave

Stats are both misleading and meaningless
Grimes completion rate is staggering but itā€™s easy to pass a ball two yards then collect it and do it three times more .
It only ends being passed back to Larry anyway.. Larryā€™s distribution is outstanding ,Mikeā€™s better than what we have had. Ergo,we donā€™t need a midfielder dropping back .
Both Cabango and darling have to make way for him. It is astounding and risible in equal,measure
Blackburn were woeful and got a fortunate goal
They only needed to then do basics

Luke Williams ? on 15:27 - Oct 20 with 339 viewsmax936

Don't see the point of getting rid, who they gonna bring in if they did?

Unless they give it to Sheehan who did a decent interim job, I don't think he'd want it though.
[Post edited 20 Oct 15:40]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024