Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes and Fulton 23:20 - Oct 2 with 1665 viewsThrasher6

Is the Captain influencing the selection process? Why so many times together? I'm simply at a loss to see why this pairing still gets the first call...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Grimes and Fulton on 19:07 - Oct 3 with 366 viewsvetchonian

muchnis.spoken on here about Lukes tactics and playing to players strengths so come on armchair coaches i d love to hear what it is we should be doing

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Grimes and Fulton on 19:12 - Oct 3 with 364 viewsTreforys_Jack

Grimes and Fulton on 16:43 - Oct 3 by SullutaCreturned

It really is a case of total ignorance on my part because I just do not understand our apparent desire to not get into the box, not to shoot often, not even when it's a decent opportunity nor the managers apparent desire to keep using players out of position. All that on top of the modern obsession with possession that has made football so slow and boring.

There's more entertainment watching my sons U16's team.

Agreed, it's truly baffling. It's simple more shots = more goals.
Grimes and Fulton on 19:38 - Oct 3 with 333 viewsKeithHaynes

Grimes and Fulton on 18:57 - Oct 3 by max936

Williams did that job as they were coming off at H/T.

He did but I question why this continues to happen late in the first half. Look at the goal. Grimes was nowhere. He’s the captain on the field as much as off it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Grimes and Fulton on 19:58 - Oct 3 with 318 viewsKeithHaynes

Grimes and Fulton on 16:43 - Oct 3 by SullutaCreturned

It really is a case of total ignorance on my part because I just do not understand our apparent desire to not get into the box, not to shoot often, not even when it's a decent opportunity nor the managers apparent desire to keep using players out of position. All that on top of the modern obsession with possession that has made football so slow and boring.

There's more entertainment watching my sons U16's team.

This is Russball with a few tweaks, if Bianchini can show the desire he did last night we may see progression.

Coaching now has no comparison these days to Clough, Shankley et al.

As Tommy Smith stated in his book. ‘I didn’t need to be told what to do or how to do it, I just showed total aggression in my play, attitude and put my body on the line’

He also stated his uncle was on more money than him in Liverpool docks for his first four years at Liverpool. Working class game then.

Apparently Tommy was a decent footballer, ask Osvaldo Ardiles.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Grimes and Fulton on 20:08 - Oct 3 with 310 viewsDr_Winston

Grimes and Fulton on 17:57 - Oct 3 by KeithHaynes

Most have never witnessed the vetch at full tilt, proper pitches with the usual irregularities. When we moved into the Liberty that was eighteen years ago, give or take. Even people born then or in the new century would not know anything other than this stadium. And most not until nine or ten years after its inception.

Social media has come about, the want it now mentality and of course conversing in a limited amount of words. I know a few coaches who don’t use heat maps or other than basic stats on individual performances.

Most have never seen Trundle in the flesh. And many follow the Swans, especially in east Wales since the EPL. They know success and want to support the team and manager, all we’ve had since relegation have been generally supported.

I don't really subscribe to the "Things were better at the Vetch!" nostalgia. The Lord only knows I witnessed some horrors there over the years. The move to White Rock has been a massive boost to the club overall. For nearly twenty years we haven't been out of the top two divisions. When I started supporting the club, that was a pipe dream.

I do agree that the expectation of instant success is an issue. I've seen many, many grumbles about how we should have done this, or that in the Summer, as if a team can be built in just one transfer window. The last time we got to the PL we had players that we'd signed nearly a decade before as part of the starting lineup. These things take time.

The coaches you know who have a healthy disregard for the endless, tedious stats analysis are a rare breed. I wish them well.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Grimes and Fulton on 20:10 - Oct 3 with 308 viewsvetchonian

Grimes and Fulton on 19:58 - Oct 3 by KeithHaynes

This is Russball with a few tweaks, if Bianchini can show the desire he did last night we may see progression.

Coaching now has no comparison these days to Clough, Shankley et al.

As Tommy Smith stated in his book. ‘I didn’t need to be told what to do or how to do it, I just showed total aggression in my play, attitude and put my body on the line’

He also stated his uncle was on more money than him in Liverpool docks for his first four years at Liverpool. Working class game then.

Apparently Tommy was a decent footballer, ask Osvaldo Ardiles.

this is mothing like Martinball Keith

We no longer have long spells of sideways and backwards passing in our own half,we send ling diagonal balls from the centre backs ...we attack with width...we attempt more long range shots.
Its not Russball with tweaks at all

Grimes and Fulton on 20:17 - Oct 3 with 302 viewsDr_Winston

Grimes and Fulton on 20:10 - Oct 3 by vetchonian

We no longer have long spells of sideways and backwards passing in our own half,we send ling diagonal balls from the centre backs ...we attack with width...we attempt more long range shots.

It is a bit.

We're better defensively. That's the major difference. Otherwise we obsess over possession for the sake of it, we do frequently end up moving from attacking positions to our own half and regularly put players in positions that don't suit them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Grimes and Fulton on 20:28 - Oct 3 with 300 viewsvetchonian

Grimes and Fulton on 20:08 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

I don't really subscribe to the "Things were better at the Vetch!" nostalgia. The Lord only knows I witnessed some horrors there over the years. The move to White Rock has been a massive boost to the club overall. For nearly twenty years we haven't been out of the top two divisions. When I started supporting the club, that was a pipe dream.

I do agree that the expectation of instant success is an issue. I've seen many, many grumbles about how we should have done this, or that in the Summer, as if a team can be built in just one transfer window. The last time we got to the PL we had players that we'd signed nearly a decade before as part of the starting lineup. These things take time.

The coaches you know who have a healthy disregard for the endless, tedious stats analysis are a rare breed. I wish them well.

agree with the last paragraph but its now the way of the world....managers and coaches need a qualification to manage...so they attend courses r
that give a formualic approach....which takes away some of the instinctive approaches they may have ....think Tosh when he arrived at the Vetch.
Its the same in the businees world sso many xomapnies want managers with MBA s .....these.folsk pass exams and then manage on the theoris they have bben taught.

Login to get fewer ads

Grimes and Fulton on 20:36 - Oct 3 with 277 viewsDr_Winston

Grimes and Fulton on 20:28 - Oct 3 by vetchonian

agree with the last paragraph but its now the way of the world....managers and coaches need a qualification to manage...so they attend courses r
that give a formualic approach....which takes away some of the instinctive approaches they may have ....think Tosh when he arrived at the Vetch.
Its the same in the businees world sso many xomapnies want managers with MBA s .....these.folsk pass exams and then manage on the theoris they have bben taught.

Tosh was before my time, but I do occasionally indulge myself in wondering what the Hell Frankie Burrows would have thought about xG, or any of the other myriad examples of what passes for football thought these days.

Football should be a simple, entertaining game, and these Moneyball obsessed prats are stealing it from us.

Grimes and Fulton on 20:36 - Oct 3 with 277 viewsswancity

Grimes had a good game at Sheffield. He’s usually one of our best and most consistent players.

Fulton was decent too.

Look no further than Tymon as the reason we lost last night. That was shocking from him and then he almost conceded a second. It was fortunately out of character for him as overall he’s done well for us.

We do seem to be lacking a cutting edge. Quality forwards are hard to come by especially when your club don’t want to spend the money …

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Grimes and Fulton on 20:43 - Oct 3 with 269 viewsvetchonian

Grimes and Fulton on 20:36 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

Tosh was before my time, but I do occasionally indulge myself in wondering what the Hell Frankie Burrows would have thought about xG, or any of the other myriad examples of what passes for football thought these days.

Football should be a simple, entertaining game, and these Moneyball obsessed prats are stealing it from us.

for Frankie read Shankly and Clough could you imagine them obsessing over xg and possesion stats.....or Fergie
That thing called money has ruined the once beautiful game

Grimes and Fulton on 20:51 - Oct 3 with 248 viewsWhiterockin

Grimes and Fulton on 20:36 - Oct 3 by swancity

Grimes had a good game at Sheffield. He’s usually one of our best and most consistent players.

Fulton was decent too.

Look no further than Tymon as the reason we lost last night. That was shocking from him and then he almost conceded a second. It was fortunately out of character for him as overall he’s done well for us.

We do seem to be lacking a cutting edge. Quality forwards are hard to come by especially when your club don’t want to spend the money …

We should have been 1-0 up before the OG, who knows how the game would have panned out then.
Grimes and Fulton on 21:09 - Oct 3 with 217 viewsswancity

Grimes and Fulton on 20:51 - Oct 3 by Whiterockin

We should have been 1-0 up before the OG, who knows how the game would have panned out then.

Yes of course he should have scored. He didn’t.

That’s football for you.

The own goal was horrific. At this level of football. Tymon is good enough to put that behind him.

You can see where our real weakness is. Elsewhere we look solid. I’m expecting a 13-16th place finish which is par for us presently.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Grimes and Fulton on 21:13 - Oct 3 with 204 viewsWhiterockin

Grimes and Fulton on 21:09 - Oct 3 by swancity

Yes of course he should have scored. He didn’t.

That’s football for you.

The own goal was horrific. At this level of football. Tymon is good enough to put that behind him.

You can see where our real weakness is. Elsewhere we look solid. I’m expecting a 13-16th place finish which is par for us presently.

If we can sort out the contract situation and retain our players, plus get at least one striker in during January, I think there is no reason we can't be top 8.
Grimes and Fulton on 05:51 - Oct 4 with 88 viewsjack247

Grimes and Fulton on 20:08 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

The atmosphere was better at the Vetch. The football certainly wasn’t.

Although the quality was lower, there was something appealing about virtually every team playing 442 and less substitutions.
Grimes and Fulton on 06:00 - Oct 4 with 85 viewsjack247

Grimes and Fulton on 20:10 - Oct 3 by vetchonian

Take Piroe out of that squad and replace him with Vipotnik in his current condition and we’d have been relegated IMO.

Martin had an unbalanced squad to an extent, but nowhere near this level and he had a get out of jail card.

Williams is streets ahead of him.
Grimes and Fulton on 06:57 - Oct 4 with 81 viewsDr_Winston

Grimes and Fulton on 05:51 - Oct 4 by jack247

The atmosphere was better at the Vetch. The football certainly wasn’t.

Although the quality was lower, there was something appealing about virtually every team playing 442 and less substitutions.

People keep saying that the atmosphere was better. Not that I ever witnessed. Understandable nostalgia for the most part, but inaccurate. Certainly no match I ever saw at the Vetch came close to the Forest playoff game for example. Not even Hull.

Grimes and Fulton on 07:10 - Oct 4 with 76 viewsjack247

Grimes and Fulton on 06:57 - Oct 4 by Dr_Winston

People keep saying that the atmosphere was better. Not that I ever witnessed. Understandable nostalgia for the most part, but inaccurate. Certainly no match I ever saw at the Vetch came close to the Forest playoff game for example. Not even Hull.

I’m assuming you didn’t watch the Hull game from the North bank?
Grimes and Fulton on 07:17 - Oct 4 with 69 viewsDr_Winston

Grimes and Fulton on 07:10 - Oct 4 by jack247

I’m assuming you didn’t watch the Hull game from the North bank?

Right in the middle of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024