Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer! Wow! 20:07 - Sep 18 with 831 viewsWingstandwood

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-starmer-declares-gifts-and-freebies-totallin

Argus!

Starmer! Wow! on 20:14 - Sep 18 with 801 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea city gave him £2000???

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Starmer! Wow! on 20:15 - Sep 18 with 795 viewsWhiterockin

https://metro.co.uk/2024/09/18/keir-starmer-got-freebies-mp-since-became-labour-

Read it thoroughly.
Starmer! Wow! on 20:32 - Sep 18 with 753 viewsFlashberryjack

Those robbing Tory bar stewards.

Change !! my arse

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Starmer! Wow! on 20:35 - Sep 18 with 733 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 20:32 - Sep 18 by Flashberryjack

Those robbing Tory bar stewards.

Change !! my arse

There really is no difference between politicians, they all take everything they can.
Starmer! Wow! on 21:17 - Sep 18 with 659 viewsFlashberryjack

Starmer! Wow! on 20:35 - Sep 18 by Whiterockin

There really is no difference between politicians, they all take everything they can.

Yes, they are all the same, but when you've spent so much time pre election, criticising sleaze and cronyism in the conservative party, you'd have thought they'd have let the dust settle, before sticking their snouts into the trough of plenty, hypocrisy at it's very best.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Starmer! Wow! on 21:24 - Sep 18 with 632 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 21:17 - Sep 18 by Flashberryjack

Yes, they are all the same, but when you've spent so much time pre election, criticising sleaze and cronyism in the conservative party, you'd have thought they'd have let the dust settle, before sticking their snouts into the trough of plenty, hypocrisy at it's very best.

It’s hypocrisy if those donations are used for benefits - cash for questions, peerages, fast lanes etc.

As for general donations, I think we can’t criticise any politician (especially senior ones) when the basic pay is scandalously low for the roles.

Pay them properly then ban personal donations over a predetermined amount.
Starmer! Wow! on 21:35 - Sep 18 with 610 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 21:24 - Sep 18 by Gwyn737

It’s hypocrisy if those donations are used for benefits - cash for questions, peerages, fast lanes etc.

As for general donations, I think we can’t criticise any politician (especially senior ones) when the basic pay is scandalously low for the roles.

Many have so much wealth they shouldn't be paid at all. How about means testing politicians before they receive public funds as a salary. Its not personal donations they receive, it's freebies, just something for nothing except its not for nothing.
Starmer! Wow! on 21:47 - Sep 18 with 576 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 21:35 - Sep 18 by Whiterockin

Many have so much wealth they shouldn't be paid at all. How about means testing politicians before they receive public funds as a salary. Its not personal donations they receive, it's freebies, just something for nothing except its not for nothing.

I’m not comfortable with the donations and freebies.

We want the best people to the job and if we want the non-wealthy to be in with a shout, we have to pay them.

The Prime minister earns around a £170k. The bloke who was in charge of HS2 earned £650k. A CEO of a medium size academy chain will be on £200k ish.

Doesn’t add up for me.

I’m curious to what posters think what the prime minister should earn, as the single most important job in the uk.
Login to get fewer ads

Starmer! Wow! on 21:53 - Sep 18 with 555 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 21:47 - Sep 18 by Gwyn737

I’m not comfortable with the donations and freebies.

We want the best people to the job and if we want the non-wealthy to be in with a shout, we have to pay them.

The Prime minister earns around a £170k. The bloke who was in charge of HS2 earned £650k. A CEO of a medium size academy chain will be on £200k ish.

Doesn’t add up for me.

I’m curious to what posters think what the prime minister should earn, as the single most important job in the uk.

Personally I think the salary of the prime minister is immaterial as to the likes of Kier, Rishi and Boris it matters not a jot. It is small change to their actual wealth. But they still take much more in freebies.
Starmer! Wow! on 22:08 - Sep 18 with 496 viewsBoundy

Starmer! Wow! on 21:35 - Sep 18 by Whiterockin

Like they're about to do to OAPS you mean.Never going to happen .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Starmer! Wow! on 22:13 - Sep 18 with 476 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 22:08 - Sep 18 by Boundy

Like they're about to do to OAPS you mean.Never going to happen .

Exactly, do as I say not do as I do.
Starmer! Wow! on 22:16 - Sep 18 with 460 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Well I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after all he said about standards in politics this stinks of hypocrisy. The WFA is a botched decision and he has agreed pay deals in the public sector without any conditions in a rapidly changing world where every industry is evolving quickly. I fear that we are in for a rough ride.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Starmer! Wow! on 22:30 - Sep 18 with 439 viewsmajorraglan

Starmer! Wow! on 22:16 - Sep 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Well I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after all he said about standards in politics this stinks of hypocrisy. The WFA is a botched decision and he has agreed pay deals in the public sector without any conditions in a rapidly changing world where every industry is evolving quickly. I fear that we are in for a rough ride.

I agree with you about the WFA, it needs to be means tested but the threshold they are lowering it to is to low, someone earning £1 above the pension credit limit will lose out.

In terms of the pay settlements, he’s only honouring the figures recommended by the pay review groups, it’s not his fault the last government didn’t give any terms of reference to the pay review bodies. If the had set base lines for the pay settlements or insisted on changes to working practice they could have been included, but Starmer can’t change the terms after the process has been completed.
Starmer! Wow! on 09:31 - Sep 19 with 300 viewsWingstandwood

Now being called "free Gear Kier", add that to "Two Tier Kier". The downside of having a surname that rhymes well? Sort of stands the test of time like "Magaret Thatcher Milk Snatcher"?

Argus!

Starmer! Wow! on 09:57 - Sep 19 with 287 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 22:16 - Sep 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

The guy is an absolute snake.

It is remarkable though he’s been given all this money to buy all the best clothes money can buy but still looks the most bland and joyless human being in human history.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Starmer! Wow! on 10:04 - Sep 19 with 274 viewsScotia

Starmer! Wow! on 22:30 - Sep 18 by majorraglan

I agree with you about the WFA, it needs to be means tested but the threshold they are lowering it to is to low, someone earning £1 above the pension credit limit will lose out.

In terms of the pay settlements, he’s only honouring the figures recommended by the pay review groups, it’s not his fault the last government didn’t give any terms of reference to the pay review bodies. If the had set base lines for the pay settlements or insisted on changes to working practice they could have been included, but Starmer can’t change the terms after the process has been completed.

The WFA should have had a full impact assessment. I can see a U turn coming up on that.

I don't see there is a comparison between WFA and public sector increases. As you say in most cases it's following an independent review and years of no or very small increases.

All the while state pensions have increased in line with the triple lock - over 10% pa in some years.
Starmer! Wow! on 10:05 - Sep 19 with 274 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 09:57 - Sep 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The guy is an absolute snake.

It is remarkable though he’s been given all this money to buy all the best clothes money can buy but still looks the most bland and joyless human being in human history.

And the gutless Tories are to blame for this former head CPS assuming the premiership
He was voted in as they was not really much choice
However, his majority ensures he can do what he wants and he is
Train Drivers happy anyway
They can strike
Pensioners
Croutons who are sponging off the state when we can be giving real benefits to the really deprived
Innit
Yeah baby

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Starmer! Wow! on 10:15 - Sep 19 with 267 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 10:04 - Sep 19 by Scotia

The WFA should have had a full impact assessment. I can see a U turn coming up on that.

I don't see there is a comparison between WFA and public sector increases. As you say in most cases it's following an independent review and years of no or very small increases.

All the while state pensions have increased in line with the triple lock - over 10% pa in some years.

Looks like there might be another vote coming, after all the unions pull the Labour strings.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/sep/18/unite-aims-to-force-vote-on-win
Starmer! Wow! on 12:26 - Sep 19 with 227 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see Starmer has received over £100,000 in freebies since he became labour leader. More than any other MP.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Starmer! Wow! on 13:04 - Sep 19 with 192 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Some of the prisons released early last week have not been fitted with tags despite this being a condition of their release!
[Post edited 19 Sep 13:04]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Starmer! Wow! on 13:26 - Sep 19 with 135 viewsBoundy

Starmer! Wow! on 21:24 - Sep 18 by Gwyn737

Once you start paying "donations" then all impartiality disappears , big or small no one gives money/gifts without wanting something in return and in return that puts pressure of the recipient to provide a "favour" They earn enough as it is along with their allowances and gold plated pensions .

Starmer! Wow! on 13:39 - Sep 19 with 106 viewsmajorraglan

Starmer! Wow! on 13:04 - Sep 19 by JACKMANANDBOY

Some of the prisons released early last week have not been fitted with tags despite this being a condition of their release!
[Post edited 19 Sep 13:04]

It’s a contracted service having been outsourced by previous governments, Capita are the current contract holders. Serco and G4S formerly held the contracts, but there was a large SFO investigation and things changed.
Starmer! Wow! on 15:38 - Sep 19 with 45 viewsBoundy

Starmer! Wow! on 10:04 - Sep 19 by Scotia

The treasury are refusing a FOI request asking to see the mystical black hole because they wont to reassess the figures, but despite this they were quick enough to make a policy decision on the WFA , quick enough to award big pay rises ( regardless of what went on before with the previous administration ) .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024