Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik 14:35 - Sep 12 with 2037 viewsSwansIndependent

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik 12th Sep 2024 14:32
Swansea City, with three players out on loan from forward positions, two strikers included could be facing their next Championship game with just one striker available. The Swans have lost two of their opening four games, whilst the Canaries have lost one. 0

Cullen latest, pre match Norwich City, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 21:56 - Sep 12 with 465 viewsFireboy2

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:58 - Sep 12 by jack247

Franco is a different conversation. Too early to judge there as well, but so far I’ve been very impressed with him.

This might be the season Grimes gets benched. Franco looks as certain starter. I’d assume Peart-Harris is going to get a lot of minutes. If Allen gets fit enough to consistently play an hour or Abdulai gets a run in the centre, you never know.

I've made my mind up about franco, he's a class act, he won't be with us for long so let's enjoy him, he is similar to downes but goes forward more.

I sincerely hope that grimes gets benches as I think he just can't mentally play positively, I think it's been coached out of him, as you say get allen and franco together, then we will see the ball going forward quickly and hopefully grimes will see how the game should be played.

This new fella is an unknown quantity, hes an attacking midfielder, what I did see of him was he's big and liked to have the ball at his feet, hopefully he will give us an attacking threat from midfield.

Abdullai is never a winger but until one of the 3 wingers who are injured come back I can't see him being moved which is a shame as he has alot of talent but in the centre of the midfield.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 06:34 - Sep 13 with 333 viewsjack247

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 21:56 - Sep 12 by Fireboy2

I've made my mind up about franco, he's a class act, he won't be with us for long so let's enjoy him, he is similar to downes but goes forward more.

I sincerely hope that grimes gets benches as I think he just can't mentally play positively, I think it's been coached out of him, as you say get allen and franco together, then we will see the ball going forward quickly and hopefully grimes will see how the game should be played.

This new fella is an unknown quantity, hes an attacking midfielder, what I did see of him was he's big and liked to have the ball at his feet, hopefully he will give us an attacking threat from midfield.

Abdullai is never a winger but until one of the 3 wingers who are injured come back I can't see him being moved which is a shame as he has alot of talent but in the centre of the midfield.

I’m not sure on Grimes. He is noticeably better when Allen plays as well. Allen is always moving into space and giving an option that moves us forward. Grimes invariably looks for that. Not wanting to risk losing the ball and always going backwards or sideways aren’t quite the same thing. I agree, he slows us down and plays negatively when he doesn’t have that type of midfield partner.

Certainly in favour of dropping him if we find a better combination, which it looks like we might for the first time in a while.

Parker is nearly fit isn’t he? As an attacking full back, I’m sure he’d do a better job as a stand in winger. That may free up Abdulai to play in the middle?

Completely agree about Franco. I just try not to make up my mind on players after a handful of games, positive or negative. Everything we’ve seen so far though, he looks a cut above.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 08:12 - Sep 13 with 300 viewsonehunglow

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:58 - Sep 12 by jack247

Franco is a different conversation. Too early to judge there as well, but so far I’ve been very impressed with him.

This might be the season Grimes gets benched. Franco looks as certain starter. I’d assume Peart-Harris is going to get a lot of minutes. If Allen gets fit enough to consistently play an hour or Abdulai gets a run in the centre, you never know.

We don’t need Grimes to be the focal point of the team.
We certainly do not need Grimes with Fulton or Allen.
We do need Franco with one of them,preferably Allen
Grimes is and always has choked us .
If he cannot adapt to playing forward rather than sideways or backwards ,then he is of little use to us
Without him,we would be a totally different team
We have not even tried to do so.
Even in mick mouse ties,he starts .
Madness

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 08:21 - Sep 13 with 304 viewsWhiterockin

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 08:12 - Sep 13 by onehunglow

We don’t need Grimes to be the focal point of the team.
We certainly do not need Grimes with Fulton or Allen.
We do need Franco with one of them,preferably Allen
Grimes is and always has choked us .
If he cannot adapt to playing forward rather than sideways or backwards ,then he is of little use to us
Without him,we would be a totally different team
We have not even tried to do so.
Even in mick mouse ties,he starts .
Madness

Grimes and Allen play well together.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 08:28 - Sep 13 with 295 viewsonehunglow

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 08:21 - Sep 13 by Whiterockin

Disagree

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 12:03 - Sep 13 with 169 viewsjack247

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 08:21 - Sep 13 by Whiterockin

Of course they do. Allen is constantly making himself available in positions that drive us forward or at least enable us to build moves. That suits Grimes perfectly.

When his teammates take up safe positions or are easy to mark, he turns, goes backwards or sideways and slows us down.

I’m guessing it will be a Franco/Grimes/Peart-Harris midfield tomorrow. Allen will come on at some point if he doesn’t start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024