Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik 14:35 - Sep 12 with 2024 viewsSwansIndependent

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik 12th Sep 2024 14:32
Swansea City, with three players out on loan from forward positions, two strikers included could be facing their next Championship game with just one striker available. The Swans have lost two of their opening four games, whilst the Canaries have lost one. 0

Cullen latest, pre match Norwich City, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 15:19 - Sep 12 with 1482 viewsWhiterockin

There really is no excuse for ending up with only two recognised strikers. Completely unforgivable and amateurish by the powers that be.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 16:54 - Sep 12 with 1345 viewsjack247

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 15:19 - Sep 12 by Whiterockin

There really is no excuse for ending up with only two recognised strikers. Completely unforgivable and amateurish by the powers that be.

Particularly when one of them is way off match fitness (unless he’s come on a lot over the international break) and the other is totally unsuited to playing up front on his own.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 16:58 - Sep 12 with 1315 viewsWhiterockin

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 16:54 - Sep 12 by jack247

Particularly when one of them is way off match fitness (unless he’s come on a lot over the international break) and the other is totally unsuited to playing up front on his own.

Months of planning apparently went into the last window. Either Coleman is very unlucky or clueless. Judge me........
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:16 - Sep 12 with 1256 viewsKeithHaynes

Not a happy man 😂

Classic interview.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:21 - Sep 12 with 1249 viewsnantywatcher

Good summary. Would be a good start to see Vipotnik vaguely interested in playing a strikers role, maybe use up a few calories at the same time as well?
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:26 - Sep 12 with 1237 viewsncswan

Josh Thomas should not have been loaned out this summer! Why is it that Swans management have no faith/confidence in our 21 yr olds (and younger)? You see other clubs playing their 21 yr olds, and we get loaned players who are under 21 yrs old. Now, Swans senior team is short of strikers?

Here's his player rating (9/10) remarks from the recent Wales U-21 game against Iceland:

"While Cotterill will take the credit for the goals, none of them would be possible without Thomas’ work. The Bromley striker was tenacious in winning the ball back, willing to run in behind and down the channels, and showed a great deal of finesse in the final third."
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:42 - Sep 12 with 1181 viewsmax936

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 16:58 - Sep 12 by Whiterockin

Months of planning apparently went into the last window. Either Coleman is very unlucky or clueless. Judge me........

Or a liar!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:55 - Sep 12 with 1164 viewsFireboy2

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:21 - Sep 12 by nantywatcher

Good summary. Would be a good start to see Vipotnik vaguely interested in playing a strikers role, maybe use up a few calories at the same time as well?

How about passing the ball to him quickly, that might help him 🤷

That's how Slovenia play and he plays well for them, it isn't rocket science.
Login to get fewer ads

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 18:08 - Sep 12 with 1128 viewsjack247

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:55 - Sep 12 by Fireboy2

He just looks well off the pace. There may well be a very good striker in there, but he hasn’t been sharp enough to show it yet.

I didn’t see the Slovenia game, but assume you mean last season when he was match fit?
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 18:16 - Sep 12 with 1107 viewsLuther27

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:21 - Sep 12 by nantywatcher

Franck Tabanou syndrome? I’ll never forget watching him wobble about the pitch against Oxford.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 18:16 - Sep 12 with 1107 viewsFireboy2

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 18:08 - Sep 12 by jack247

He just looks well off the pace. There may well be a very good striker in there, but he hasn’t been sharp enough to show it yet.

I didn’t see the Slovenia game, but assume you mean last season when he was match fit?

He's doing.what most players up front are doing, running around making pointless runs as the ball never comes to him, no wonder he doesn't get many touches on the ball.

And yes I mean the most recent Slovenian game, he came on and had a good game because he had plenty of touches as the runs he was making were being rewarded.

I hope that williams was watching as he needs to stop playing this bullish!t tippy tappy sh!t he has us playing and play the way he had notts co playing, get the ball up front and down the channels quickly and support, he needs to watch Wales, especially the turkey game, every time the ball went up front the wales midfield supported en masse.
[Post edited 12 Sep 18:18]
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 18:19 - Sep 12 with 1025 viewsonehunglow

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:26 - Sep 12 by ncswan

Josh Thomas should not have been loaned out this summer! Why is it that Swans management have no faith/confidence in our 21 yr olds (and younger)? You see other clubs playing their 21 yr olds, and we get loaned players who are under 21 yrs old. Now, Swans senior team is short of strikers?

Here's his player rating (9/10) remarks from the recent Wales U-21 game against Iceland:

"While Cotterill will take the credit for the goals, none of them would be possible without Thomas’ work. The Bromley striker was tenacious in winning the ball back, willing to run in behind and down the channels, and showed a great deal of finesse in the final third."

Indeed.
Loaning out strikers without having adequate ones in situ was simply madness
Unforgivable and amateur
Cullen is hardly great but he will be missed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 19:46 - Sep 12 with 920 viewsjack247

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 18:16 - Sep 12 by Fireboy2

He's doing.what most players up front are doing, running around making pointless runs as the ball never comes to him, no wonder he doesn't get many touches on the ball.

And yes I mean the most recent Slovenian game, he came on and had a good game because he had plenty of touches as the runs he was making were being rewarded.

I hope that williams was watching as he needs to stop playing this bullish!t tippy tappy sh!t he has us playing and play the way he had notts co playing, get the ball up front and down the channels quickly and support, he needs to watch Wales, especially the turkey game, every time the ball went up front the wales midfield supported en masse.
[Post edited 12 Sep 18:18]

I’m just not seeing it in the games he’s played for us. He’s one of the most static strikers I’ve seen. I’m hoping it’s a combination of lack of match fitness and the running he does do when he’s trying to press defenders.

I don’t see him making runs and not getting picked out though.

Re. Williams - we played more like that towards the end of last season than we have so far this. I’ve no idea why we’ve regressed. I thought we were making progress and would continue it this season.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 19:49 - Sep 12 with 870 viewsonehunglow

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 19:46 - Sep 12 by jack247

I’m just not seeing it in the games he’s played for us. He’s one of the most static strikers I’ve seen. I’m hoping it’s a combination of lack of match fitness and the running he does do when he’s trying to press defenders.

Re. Williams - we played more like that towards the end of last season than we have so far this. I’ve no idea why we’ve regressed. I thought we were making progress and would continue it this season.

Maybe Williams don’t want him
If so,I wouldn’t like a coach’s job.
Imagine being a boss ,with no input into new staff .

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:00 - Sep 12 with 869 viewsjack247

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 19:49 - Sep 12 by onehunglow

Maybe Williams don’t want him
If so,I wouldn’t like a coach’s job.
Imagine being a boss ,with no input into new staff .

Williams doesn’t have a plethora of striking options does he?

I’m pretty certain doing half a season with just Vipotnik and Cullen wouldn’t have been his preferred outcome.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:12 - Sep 12 with 826 viewsDr_Winston

It's almost beyond parody that yet again, despite Christ knows how many previous examples of just why it's a bad idea, our lone striker is getting it in the neck.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:16 - Sep 12 with 812 viewsFireboy2

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 19:46 - Sep 12 by jack247

Don't take this the wrong way but how much have you specifically watched him?

He makes loads of runs of which not many get rewarded, he's the type of hold up striker you hit with a long ball, he also has an eye for a goal on the evidence of his goal v preston.

We just have to hit him more often, can't see it though.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:19 - Sep 12 with 777 viewsonehunglow

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:00 - Sep 12 by jack247

Williams doesn’t have a plethora of striking options does he?

I’m pretty certain doing half a season with just Vipotnik and Cullen wouldn’t have been his preferred outcome.

You would think so,certainly .

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:20 - Sep 12 with 804 viewsjack247

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:12 - Sep 12 by Dr_Winston

It's almost beyond parody that yet again, despite Christ knows how many previous examples of just why it's a bad idea, our lone striker is getting it in the neck.

Not really, he’s just nowhere near match sharp. Way too early to judge him. He hasn’t offered a lot yet, I’m confident he will come good.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:30 - Sep 12 with 774 viewsjack247

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:16 - Sep 12 by Fireboy2

Don't take this the wrong way but how much have you specifically watched him?

He makes loads of runs of which not many get rewarded, he's the type of hold up striker you hit with a long ball, he also has an eye for a goal on the evidence of his goal v preston.

We just have to hit him more often, can't see it though.

Him specifically? Maybe a minute or two at a time. More against Wycombe as I was expecting him to stamp a bit of authority on that game. I’ve watched all our games, either live or streamed.

I can see what kind of striker he is, he’s going to have to bully defenders and get on the end of crosses I think. I know we don’t get many in, but hold up strikers are always going to be ineffective if they are isolated and don’t have midfielders busting a gut to get in and around them.

I’m just not seeing the runs you are. He has been fairly easy to mark so far. He does run trying to close down defenders, but we don’t commit the numbers to really help him there.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:51 - Sep 12 with 738 viewsFireboy2

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:30 - Sep 12 by jack247

Him specifically? Maybe a minute or two at a time. More against Wycombe as I was expecting him to stamp a bit of authority on that game. I’ve watched all our games, either live or streamed.

I can see what kind of striker he is, he’s going to have to bully defenders and get on the end of crosses I think. I know we don’t get many in, but hold up strikers are always going to be ineffective if they are isolated and don’t have midfielders busting a gut to get in and around them.

I’m just not seeing the runs you are. He has been fairly easy to mark so far. He does run trying to close down defenders, but we don’t commit the numbers to really help him there.

The problem is he's a natural old fashioned no 9,as you say, he needs the ball played upto him, be it in the air for him to flick on or to his feet to hold up and bring the midfield into the game but the balls don't come to him as we effs around with the ball too much, when players ie grimes has the chance to play these ball he looks up then passes back or sideways.

Now franco is a different prospect, he makes runs into space calling for the ball and just before he receives it he looks ahead to see players making runs into space, when he receives it he passes it straight away, no effing about, then he moves into space looking for it back, the trouble is grimes doesn't pass it forward enough and there lieth the problem 🤷
[Post edited 12 Sep 21:06]
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:58 - Sep 12 with 719 viewsjack247

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 20:51 - Sep 12 by Fireboy2

The problem is he's a natural old fashioned no 9,as you say, he needs the ball played upto him, be it in the air for him to flick on or to his feet to hold up and bring the midfield into the game but the balls don't come to him as we effs around with the ball too much, when players ie grimes has the chance to play these ball he looks up then passes back or sideways.

Now franco is a different prospect, he makes runs into space calling for the ball and just before he receives it he looks ahead to see players making runs into space, when he receives it he passes it straight away, no effing about, then he moves into space looking for it back, the trouble is grimes doesn't pass it forward enough and there lieth the problem 🤷
[Post edited 12 Sep 21:06]

Franco is a different conversation. Too early to judge there as well, but so far I’ve been very impressed with him.

This might be the season Grimes gets benched. Franco looks as certain starter. I’d assume Peart-Harris is going to get a lot of minutes. If Allen gets fit enough to consistently play an hour or Abdulai gets a run in the centre, you never know.
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 21:05 - Sep 12 with 680 viewsKeithHaynes

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 17:55 - Sep 12 by Fireboy2

If you watch his 25 minutes on as a sub in Slovenia’s last game you will see a different player to the one who plays for the Swans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 21:44 - Sep 12 with 608 viewsFireboy2

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 21:05 - Sep 12 by KeithHaynes

If you watch his 25 minutes on as a sub in Slovenia’s last game you will see a different player to the one who plays for the Swans.

Yep and I hope that williams watched it also mate 👍
Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 21:50 - Sep 12 with 593 viewsDJack

Cullen doubt as the Swans have to turn to Vipotnik on 21:05 - Sep 12 by KeithHaynes

What, did we buy his twin brother!😁

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024