Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres 20:31 - Sep 10 with 2290 viewsQJumpingJack

Viktor Gyökeres should be considered Europe’s next elite-level striker

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/article/2024/sep/10/viktor-

A reminder: Swans appearances: 11 Goals: 0
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 14:12 - Sep 11 with 780 viewsWhiterockin

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 14:00 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Wrong Brighton effectively took over the loan. Brighton wanted him to have 12 months loan with a option to buy perhaps? He did the 6 months stint at Swansea and because Cooper made no effort with the player Brighton calked him back and sent to Coventry.

You prefer to use words like liar rather than researching. Personal attacks are a deflection

There was no loan with an option to buy so perhaps doesn't enter into the equation. Picking up covid on international duty didn't help him either as he took a very long time to shake it off completely and reach full fitness again. But hey don't let facts get in the way of an agenda.
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 14:26 - Sep 11 with 764 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 14:12 - Sep 11 by Whiterockin

There was no loan with an option to buy so perhaps doesn't enter into the equation. Picking up covid on international duty didn't help him either as he took a very long time to shake it off completely and reach full fitness again. But hey don't let facts get in the way of an agenda.

There was a loan. 6 months after Brighton pulled him from Swansea after they showed no interest in developing the player. There may have been an option. I cannot say if there was or not as I s do not know that is why I put a question mark.

I do not quite understand why people do not accept Cooper made an horrendous mistake costing £18m or more.

Swansea record with big strong centre forwards is lamentable. Not one in 30 years from the CoE or academy. Cullen is it and he cannot head the ball confidently.

The agendas are all yours and your chums.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 14:32 - Sep 11 with 757 viewsjack247

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 14:26 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

There was a loan. 6 months after Brighton pulled him from Swansea after they showed no interest in developing the player. There may have been an option. I cannot say if there was or not as I s do not know that is why I put a question mark.

I do not quite understand why people do not accept Cooper made an horrendous mistake costing £18m or more.

Swansea record with big strong centre forwards is lamentable. Not one in 30 years from the CoE or academy. Cullen is it and he cannot head the ball confidently.

The agendas are all yours and your chums.

Just to repeat.

Coopers target was to get us promoted, not play a weakened team in the hope of developing players for the future.

Especially as Gyokores wasn’t our player.
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 15:14 - Sep 11 with 708 viewstheloneranger

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 14:00 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Wrong Brighton effectively took over the loan. Brighton wanted him to have 12 months loan with a option to buy perhaps? He did the 6 months stint at Swansea and because Cooper made no effort with the player Brighton calked him back and sent to Coventry.

You prefer to use words like liar rather than researching. Personal attacks are a deflection

Where do you get 6 months from??

He joined us on the 2nd October 2020, and left us on the 14th January 2021.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 15:22 - Sep 11 with 701 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 14:32 - Sep 11 by jack247

Just to repeat.

Coopers target was to get us promoted, not play a weakened team in the hope of developing players for the future.

Especially as Gyokores wasn’t our player.

Everyday an excuse for the man. No doubt he is a great manager but not a great Swansea manager.

He was handed the €100m superstar on a plate as a favour to Swansea from Potter at 21 and let him slip away. Being Swansea manager is to holistically improve the club. Cooper developed Lowe.

When Martin arrived Lowe was out the door immediately. Where is the growth development consistency?

Cooper left no legacy and failed and blamed everyone else. With Brewster on fire Guehi and Gallagher he scrapped into 6 th on the last day.

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 15:35 - Sep 11 with 685 viewsnantywatcher

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 15:22 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Everyday an excuse for the man. No doubt he is a great manager but not a great Swansea manager.

He was handed the €100m superstar on a plate as a favour to Swansea from Potter at 21 and let him slip away. Being Swansea manager is to holistically improve the club. Cooper developed Lowe.

When Martin arrived Lowe was out the door immediately. Where is the growth development consistency?

Cooper left no legacy and failed and blamed everyone else. With Brewster on fire Guehi and Gallagher he scrapped into 6 th on the last day.

More complete and utter rubbish from you zI noted that you were unable to respond when I posted on another thread, the true background the true background to his time with Swansea. Again I will point out that Brighton the most financially successful club in the the history of the Premier league gave him away for peanuts- speaks volumes.
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 15:53 - Sep 11 with 672 viewsjack247

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 15:22 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

There is never development under these owners. Any player with any sort of success gets sold at the first decent offer.

Lowe wasn’t developed, he’d already had a good season at Wigan and they sold him cheap due to their own financial troubles.

This isn’t a case of defending Cooper, I wasn’t a fan of his football at all. It’s a case of calling you out on your incessant lies on this subject.
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 16:05 - Sep 11 with 638 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 15:53 - Sep 11 by jack247

There is never development under these owners. Any player with any sort of success gets sold at the first decent offer.

Lowe wasn’t developed, he’d already had a good season at Wigan and they sold him cheap due to their own financial troubles.

This isn’t a case of defending Cooper, I wasn’t a fan of his football at all. It’s a case of calling you out on your incessant lies on this subject.

Cullen, Cabango, Cooper O all in the Wales. Cotterill Josh Thomas, Congreve on loan. Long contract for Lloyd . Abdullai the "next Bellingham" according to big club scouts. Sam Parkers signed a sealed in a long contract. Thomas Woodward making waves. Please do you research.

Lowe was put as central striker by Cooper and his goal production at Swansea was his best

Stand on your own feet and do not follow the rabble in calling out my " lies".

Cooper made a howler. It is my view. Levien via his agents handed him a future "superstar" and he messed up not seeing his massive potential.
[Post edited 11 Sep 16:21]

Login to get fewer ads

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 16:27 - Sep 11 with 589 viewsWhiterockin

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 16:05 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Cullen, Cabango, Cooper O all in the Wales. Cotterill Josh Thomas, Congreve on loan. Long contract for Lloyd . Abdullai the "next Bellingham" according to big club scouts. Sam Parkers signed a sealed in a long contract. Thomas Woodward making waves. Please do you research.

Lowe was put as central striker by Cooper and his goal production at Swansea was his best

Cooper made a howler. It is my view. Levien via his agents handed him a future "superstar" and he messed up not seeing his massive potential.

Simon Rusk his former coach states.

A spell at St Pauli in the German second tier was followed by a disappointing period at Swansea City in the first half of 2020-21, when Gyökeres struggled to recover fitness and force his way into the side following a bad bout of Covid. This is where his relationship with Coventry City and Mark Robins began, with the Sky Blues picking him up on loan for the second half of that season.

As I said earlier a lot of his problems at Swansea were due to his covid issues. It's very easy to blame Cooper but those in the know know.
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 16:29 - Sep 11 with 578 viewstheloneranger

Is that your future "superstar" we only had for 3 months, NOT 6 months!!

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 16:32 - Sep 11 with 569 viewsWhiterockin

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 16:29 - Sep 11 by theloneranger

Is that your future "superstar" we only had for 3 months, NOT 6 months!!

He's absolutely clueless.

Quote from Gyokeres himself.

"It is clear that I wanted to play more than I have done. I came here on loan in October and there have been two national team breaks and then I got coronavirus in November."
[Post edited 11 Sep 16:59]
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 17:55 - Sep 11 with 484 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 16:32 - Sep 11 by Whiterockin

He's absolutely clueless.

Quote from Gyokeres himself.

"It is clear that I wanted to play more than I have done. I came here on loan in October and there have been two national team breaks and then I got coronavirus in November."
[Post edited 11 Sep 16:59]

Gyorkeres was on a season long loan. He was shown no love at Swansea and Brighton recalled him and he is now Superstar. When faced with these basic facts you have to nit pick.

One poster posted Brighton did not see his vast potential either. This is no excuse. Seeing potential in forwards is their job. I repeat Swansea have not produced a strong centre forward for 30 years or more. Cullen is the best and they will not even give him a long contract. It is no coincidence.
[Post edited 11 Sep 17:59]

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:00 - Sep 11 with 467 viewsWhiterockin

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 17:55 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Gyorkeres was on a season long loan. He was shown no love at Swansea and Brighton recalled him and he is now Superstar. When faced with these basic facts you have to nit pick.

One poster posted Brighton did not see his vast potential either. This is no excuse. Seeing potential in forwards is their job. I repeat Swansea have not produced a strong centre forward for 30 years or more. Cullen is the best and they will not even give him a long contract. It is no coincidence.
[Post edited 11 Sep 17:59]

Read the Simon Rusk quote as an explanation of his failure here.
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:04 - Sep 11 with 449 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:00 - Sep 11 by Whiterockin

Read the Simon Rusk quote as an explanation of his failure here.

He hasd a season long loan. The player had time to prove himself. Kristian Fletcher had 3-4 months and was sensational. Why is he not back at Swansea? He is now at Nottingham Forest. 17 goals in 3 months. I challenge you to find one word of praise for the player. It is bizarre.
[Post edited 11 Sep 18:10]

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:31 - Sep 11 with 416 viewsWhiterockin

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:04 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

He hasd a season long loan. The player had time to prove himself. Kristian Fletcher had 3-4 months and was sensational. Why is he not back at Swansea? He is now at Nottingham Forest. 17 goals in 3 months. I challenge you to find one word of praise for the player. It is bizarre.

How would you find any praise for a player who did not play well for us. He found it very difficult to settle for us due to an October start, international breaks and illness. David Tivey told me at the time his agent was pushing for a move as he didn't believe he could establish himself in our team. His agent had a couple of options and this was discussed with Brighton who pulled the loan. Gyokeres has admitted he found it difficult here due to circumstances that were nobody's fault. To blame Cooper or the club is just silly, he did nothing on or off the pitch to justify playing more, as I say circumstances were against him and it was purely Gyokeres choice to move on.
[Post edited 11 Sep 18:32]
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:32 - Sep 11 with 411 viewstheloneranger

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:04 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Gyorkeres was here for 3 months. Take out 4 weeks for international duty - plus time out for covid.

So, how long was he here??

You accuse people of nit picking and ganging up, yet you can never hold your hand up, and admit you are wrong!!

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:44 - Sep 11 with 390 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:32 - Sep 11 by theloneranger

Gyorkeres was here for 3 months. Take out 4 weeks for international duty - plus time out for covid.

So, how long was he here??

You accuse people of nit picking and ganging up, yet you can never hold your hand up, and admit you are wrong!!

He joined in October until.the following June. He had the tools to do well. Cooper did not play him and did not fight to keep him for the duration of the agreed contract. It was a bad mistake by Cooper.

It is my opinion. Cooper might agree this opinion himself in hindsight. Loans are designed for players to overcome challenges.. Robins assured Gyorkeres of game time. Cooper did not.presumably. Robins managerial skill so them with a top player and £20m profit. Swansea ended up with Lowe leaving for £1m and "true Jack" Cullen who does his best.

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:01 - Sep 11 with 350 viewsjack247

Don’t try to patronise me, you aren’t bright enough.

That list illustrates my point perfectly. The two biggest names, as it stands, are able to walk away for free at the end of the season. One of them has been practically begging for a new contract. They have virtually no value. How is that developing players for the club?

I think you understood and chose to ignore the point that anyone on that list, or anyone else at the club would be sold the minute a half decent offer came in.

As for your ‘lies’ other people have already called you out on how long he was here. The £100m who was sold for just over £1m after his time with us was a pretty good one.
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:04 - Sep 11 with 344 viewstheloneranger

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 18:44 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

He joined in October until.the following June. He had the tools to do well. Cooper did not play him and did not fight to keep him for the duration of the agreed contract. It was a bad mistake by Cooper.

It is my opinion. Cooper might agree this opinion himself in hindsight. Loans are designed for players to overcome challenges.. Robins assured Gyorkeres of game time. Cooper did not.presumably. Robins managerial skill so them with a top player and £20m profit. Swansea ended up with Lowe leaving for £1m and "true Jack" Cullen who does his best.

So he didn't sign on a 12 month deal that you wrote earlier - plus as you also wrote he wasn't here for 6 months??

You love calling fellow supporters derogatory names - yet can't admit when you're wrong - copying and pasting the same supposition, time and time again!!

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:23 - Sep 11 with 324 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:01 - Sep 11 by jack247

Don’t try to patronise me, you aren’t bright enough.

That list illustrates my point perfectly. The two biggest names, as it stands, are able to walk away for free at the end of the season. One of them has been practically begging for a new contract. They have virtually no value. How is that developing players for the club?

I think you understood and chose to ignore the point that anyone on that list, or anyone else at the club would be sold the minute a half decent offer came in.

As for your ‘lies’ other people have already called you out on how long he was here. The £100m who was sold for just over £1m after his time with us was a pretty good one.

Do not get precious with me. It was you that accused me of lying. You said the ownership do not develop players. I gave you list of 6-8 who they are developing some better than others. That is not patronising that is a straight correction. You should take on board for future jousts.

I do not take kindly to being accused of lying. That but it was slur started by the Chief and repeated by the sidekick clique of that loser, one who changed his name. These thing can have a life of their own.

So the"lies" slur are in commas now. That is progress suppose.

Cooper screwed up with a player handed to him on a plate by Levien's recruitment staff. Robins worked well and poached him off Cooper who did not care much as he had Cullen as back up. He might have kicked on like Gyorkeres but has not. Bad call. He was paid a lot of money (relatively) to make good calls.

Forget about "other people". They are a clique of long standing regulars.

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:24 - Sep 11 with 319 viewsWhiterockin

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:04 - Sep 11 by theloneranger

So he didn't sign on a 12 month deal that you wrote earlier - plus as you also wrote he wasn't here for 6 months??

You love calling fellow supporters derogatory names - yet can't admit when you're wrong - copying and pasting the same supposition, time and time again!!

He is WUM best ignored and yes I should listen to my own advice.
[Post edited 11 Sep 19:56]
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:49 - Sep 11 with 288 viewsjack247

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:23 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Do not get precious with me. It was you that accused me of lying. You said the ownership do not develop players. I gave you list of 6-8 who they are developing some better than others. That is not patronising that is a straight correction. You should take on board for future jousts.

I do not take kindly to being accused of lying. That but it was slur started by the Chief and repeated by the sidekick clique of that loser, one who changed his name. These thing can have a life of their own.

So the"lies" slur are in commas now. That is progress suppose.

Cooper screwed up with a player handed to him on a plate by Levien's recruitment staff. Robins worked well and poached him off Cooper who did not care much as he had Cullen as back up. He might have kicked on like Gyorkeres but has not. Bad call. He was paid a lot of money (relatively) to make good calls.

Forget about "other people". They are a clique of long standing regulars.

I said I was calling you out on your lies, because you were stating things that you know to be nonsense as fact. I’m not bothered how kindly you take to it. Stop lying and nobody will call you a liar.

You took me saying we don’t develop players to mean we don’t have an under 21s team or none of them ever get promoted to the first team. You knew exactly what I meant, but twisted it to suit your agenda, as you often do with your Gyokores fantasy.

You actually make the point about us not having developed a centre forward for a long time fairly often.

This is nothing to do with other people. I’m not sure why you keep bringing that up.

Again, you already knew what Cooper was trying to do here. He wasn’t interested in where the club would be after he left. He was trying to get promoted with no regard for developing our young players, let alone other clubs young players who weren’t as good as the players we already had.
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:58 - Sep 11 with 266 viewsonehunglow

Gents
Right now, we have a lad who is " not ready" for the Championship, a local chap who seems to be injured as the other striker
A midfielder who might lead the line
A mute captain who oversees walking football and and owners who don't know their backsides from their elbow
We are playing football to vomit to, an affront to the eyes and an insult to fans no longer alive
Yet we see this dhite
One poster patronising another who says he too smart to be patronised

My God, what is really wrong with us ?

I'll tell you

The club is terribly run
Our players lost in space
A coach who is in lala land

We need to deflect this anger
[Post edited 11 Sep 20:09]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 20:17 - Sep 11 with 243 viewsjack247

The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 19:58 - Sep 11 by onehunglow

Gents
Right now, we have a lad who is " not ready" for the Championship, a local chap who seems to be injured as the other striker
A midfielder who might lead the line
A mute captain who oversees walking football and and owners who don't know their backsides from their elbow
We are playing football to vomit to, an affront to the eyes and an insult to fans no longer alive
Yet we see this dhite
One poster patronising another who says he too smart to be patronised

My God, what is really wrong with us ?

I'll tell you

The club is terribly run
Our players lost in space
A coach who is in lala land

We need to deflect this anger
[Post edited 11 Sep 20:09]

The club is terribly run. I’ll agree with you there.

Every manager who has struggled here has been fairly impressive elsewhere. It’s even happening with players to an extent.

I’m just hoping they are getting us prepared for a sale.

Point of order. Not quite what I said. Resolven not being bright enough to patronise me isn’t the same as stating I’m too smart to be patronised. I wouldn’t do that. Some people are bright enough I’m sure.
The Guardian: Victor Gyokeres on 20:32 - Sep 11 with 229 viewsQJumpingJack

Please can you provide evidence that Mr Levien "and his agents" provided Cooper with Victor.

It is my understanding that is was Andy Scott but happy to be proved wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024