Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rising costs 20:51 - Sep 9 with 2481 viewsSullutaCreturned

No it's not about Labours first budget though we all (ok most of us) think taxes will rise somewhere.
No, this is an EU thread, sorry!

It's been said that they need more money,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gq1e7k2j8o

And we all know where that money comes from, the members will have to stump up around 25-29 billion more each every year if Draghi gets what he wants.

Now growth is down and the situation is described as challenging, finances are stretched across the EU membership and Draghi says the EU needs more money.

https://economy-finance.ec.europa.eu/economic-forecast-and-surveys/economic-fore

There's stil a war on the continent, there been mass protests about a range of things including immigration and it seems to me that remaining in the EU may really not have meant living the dream, more an expensive albatross who continues to grow and weigh down economies.

We'll see in the long term if the EU grows and prospers and of course what happens with us but I think its a simple sad fact that politicians across the globe re ruining the world for us ordinary folk.
The rising costs on 18:08 - Sep 13 with 352 viewsunion_jack

The rising costs on 16:54 - Sep 13 by SullutaCreturned

Why should that be the case? If the parent has to provide evidence of being on benefits to the school before they can claim free meals, why should it be more expensive than giving free meals to every child?

I don’t have that answer. I’m just posing a scenario where it may be the case. Extra public sector workers with all associated costs.
And don’t forget the cost of not doing something for everyone. I’m thinking about free prescriptions for all in Wales. Why people say this shouldn’t be the case I have no idea, one of the only times I can praise WAG. So many wouldn’t take their medicine if it cost, even if they could afford it. In turn this relieves pressure on an already creaking NHS.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The rising costs on 20:54 - Sep 13 with 271 viewsGwyn737

An extra complication to the current mix is the there are two categories for free school meals.

There’s FSM which means a child is entitled to free school meals now and there’s Ever 6, which means a child has been on free school meals at some point in the last 6 years.

If a child is on free school meals and come off (are no longer entitled) they’ll still be receive the benefit for the next 6 years.
The rising costs on 20:58 - Sep 13 with 263 viewsWhiterockin

The rising costs on 20:54 - Sep 13 by Gwyn737

An extra complication to the current mix is the there are two categories for free school meals.

There’s FSM which means a child is entitled to free school meals now and there’s Ever 6, which means a child has been on free school meals at some point in the last 6 years.

If a child is on free school meals and come off (are no longer entitled) they’ll still be receive the benefit for the next 6 years.

Are the rules different in Wales.
The rising costs on 21:06 - Sep 13 with 249 viewsGwyn737

The rising costs on 20:58 - Sep 13 by Whiterockin

Are the rules different in Wales.

Just checked and yes it is WR.
The rising costs on 21:31 - Sep 13 with 239 viewsWhiterockin

The rising costs on 21:06 - Sep 13 by Gwyn737

Just checked and yes it is WR.

Thanks for checking, sometimes the rules are completely different.
The rising costs on 21:35 - Sep 13 with 217 viewsScotia

The rising costs on 16:49 - Sep 13 by union_jack

But what if the cost of administering a ‘on a needs only’ scheme outweighs the cost of providing universal assistance?

I'd say that we need to look at the wider costs of the"something for nothing" culture.

If you need help you should get it, but you still need to help yourself and being able to help yourself is the aim of getting that help in the first place.

I don't think my daughter should get a two course lunch on the tax payer every day. But I also don't think someone who's parent/s have a full sky TV package, iPhone, manicured nails or botoxed lips should either even if they technically qualify for it.

It's a question of priorities and we're getting those priorities wrong.
The rising costs on 10:28 - Sep 14 with 142 viewscontroversial_jack

The rising costs on 21:35 - Sep 13 by Scotia

I'd say that we need to look at the wider costs of the"something for nothing" culture.

If you need help you should get it, but you still need to help yourself and being able to help yourself is the aim of getting that help in the first place.

I don't think my daughter should get a two course lunch on the tax payer every day. But I also don't think someone who's parent/s have a full sky TV package, iPhone, manicured nails or botoxed lips should either even if they technically qualify for it.

It's a question of priorities and we're getting those priorities wrong.

It's not really about the parents. it's all about the kids. It shouldn't be a blame game, yes there are bad parents, but it's not the fault of the kids and they shouldn't go hungry of suffer, especially if we can alleviate that with a few dinners per week, it's not much to ask.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024