Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton 18:49 - Sep 5 with 2448 viewsDr_Winston

Mr. Dependable. 300+ appearances, few of them with a less than 7/10 performance yet still oddly underrated by many.

One of the more successful bits of business during the post-Laudrup era.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/spotlight-kyle-naughton

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton on 18:52 - Sep 5 with 2010 viewsWhiterockin

Only underrated by those who don't actually watch him. Much of his defencive play in in his head and off the ball anticipating play.
Kyle Naughton on 18:55 - Sep 5 with 1986 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton on 18:52 - Sep 5 by Whiterockin

Only underrated by those who don't actually watch him. Much of his defencive play in in his head and off the ball anticipating play.

It's probably the reason why he's still so effective even though he's pushing 36. The first ten yards are in is head. Certainly one of the smarter players I've seen in my 30+ years following the club.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton on 18:57 - Sep 5 with 1966 viewsWhiterockin

Kyle Naughton on 18:55 - Sep 5 by Dr_Winston

It's probably the reason why he's still so effective even though he's pushing 36. The first ten yards are in is head. Certainly one of the smarter players I've seen in my 30+ years following the club.

We have been/are very lucky to have him, regretfully it could be his last season.
Kyle Naughton on 19:06 - Sep 5 with 1911 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton on 18:57 - Sep 5 by Whiterockin

We have been/are very lucky to have him, regretfully it could be his last season.

Honestly I thought 22/23 would be his last, but some of his performances last season were outstanding. If he keeps himself fit enough for 20-25 games a season either starting or off the bench there's no telling how long he can carry on going.

We could do a lot, lot worse as a cover option, especially a cover option who at this point in his career doesn't mind being one.

Kyle Naughton on 19:41 - Sep 5 with 1857 viewsswancity

A good reliable honest pro who has served our club really well. This is likely to be his last season at Swansea.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Kyle Naughton on 19:43 - Sep 5 with 1857 viewsdantheswansman

He is quality, i added him on Twitter many years ago wishing him good luck and he followed me straight back, haven't heard from him since but don't care.
Nothing but a pure professional who has a hell of a pass on him and can read a game better than probably any of our other squad players.
So glad the club decided to keep him on
Kyle Naughton on 20:04 - Sep 5 with 1818 viewspencoedjack

I slated Kyle in or PL years something I now regret.

Decent honest pro who has served our club well đź‘Ť
Kyle Naughton on 20:07 - Sep 5 with 1829 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton on 20:04 - Sep 5 by pencoedjack

You're in the same boat as my old man. Some of the debates we had about KN during the Prem years were heated, but now we're in agreement.

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton on 21:08 - Sep 5 with 1765 viewslifelong

Still gets a fair bit of criticism, mainly from those who don’t understand what he does.
Kyle Naughton on 21:11 - Sep 5 with 1752 viewsKeithHaynes

Kyle Naughton on 21:08 - Sep 5 by lifelong

Still gets a fair bit of criticism, mainly from those who don’t understand what he does.

He has become more valuable over the last two seasons. We even released him and took him back.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Kyle Naughton on 21:24 - Sep 5 with 1714 viewsDJack

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Kyle Naughton on 22:11 - Sep 5 with 1626 viewsLuther27

Kyle Naughton on 18:57 - Sep 5 by Whiterockin

A genuine stalwart of our club. He found a home here and a rare beast these days showing loyalty to the club and its supporters. He’s given his best to us and I can only applaud that. When we’ve taken a hammering in a game he always acknowledged the support while others couldn’t wait to get off the pitch.
Through good and bad he’ll always be one of ours.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Kyle Naughton on 08:04 - Sep 6 with 1479 viewsSullutaCreturned

The difference between good players and better players is football intelligence which Naughton has, he reads the game very well. He never had great pace but as DrW said, the first 10 yards are in his head, he's already moving when others are still thinking.

His time here, as a player at least, is coming to an end but with his knowledge and experience AND that football brain maybe he should be getting a caching badge and kept on. I'm certain he could teach our young players a great deal.
Kyle Naughton on 20:17 - Sep 14 with 1156 viewsdantheswansman

Just wanted to reiterate my previous comment, Kyle is superb! what a player, a real shame age occasionally plays a factor in what he can give us. wouldn't have anyone else in his place though, brilliant player for us
Kyle Naughton on 20:24 - Sep 14 with 1115 viewstheloneranger

Outstanding game today - with and without the ball.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Kyle Naughton on 20:28 - Sep 14 with 1084 viewsDr_Winston

Probably not a coincidence that Eom had his best game in a Swans shirt when partnered with him on the same flank.

Kyle Naughton on 20:47 - Sep 14 with 1052 viewsKeithHaynes

Kyle Naughton on 20:28 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

Probably not a coincidence that Eom had his best game in a Swans shirt when partnered with him on the same flank.

Naughton was a revelation.
He has just got better and better since half way through last season.

Kyle Naughton on 20:57 - Sep 14 with 997 viewslifelong

I don’t think he put a foot wrong today..excellent.
Kyle Naughton on 21:14 - Sep 14 with 965 viewsKeithHaynes

Kyle Naughton on 20:57 - Sep 14 by lifelong

I don’t think he put a foot wrong today..excellent.

Agreed. Faultless.

Kyle Naughton on 21:20 - Sep 14 with 935 viewsDr_Winston

Today was a perfect example of your typical Kyle Naughton performance.

Nothing flashy. He didn't bomb forward. No goals, no assists. No last ditch goal saving tackles. In short, nothing to get the shallow thinkers excited.

What was there? No mistakes. The players around him played better. In short, the archetypal 7/10 performance.

Kyle Naughton on 22:01 - Sep 14 with 808 viewsunion_jack

I questioned the decision to start him today on here. Thought it was a mistake.

But he proved me wrong in bucket loads. A great game.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Kyle Naughton on 00:31 - Sep 15 with 695 viewsoldtownjack

Kyle Naughton on 22:01 - Sep 14 by union_jack

I questioned the decision to start him today on here. Thought it was a mistake.

But he proved me wrong in bucket loads. A great game.

Naughts was excellent again today and has been a superb professional for us.

Kyle Naughton on 07:47 - Sep 15 with 524 viewsRichardO

Little doubt about his quality and experience, it is the experience that the likes of Key and Tymon must learn from to learn from to improve their all round play especially their defensive capabilities. As has been pointed out he brings out the best out of players around. Time does take its toll though and hope players can learn from his example.
Kyle Naughton on 08:51 - Sep 15 with 467 viewsSgorioFruit

same, i sat in the corner closest to right back for the first half of every Prem game he played, and used to watch him closely. And bloody hell he used frustrate me, shitting out from so many challenges which led to so much opposition goals. But he has looked much more comfortable in the championship and cannot knock his commitment to this club.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Kyle Naughton on 09:29 - Sep 15 with 405 viewsRichardO

Kyle Naughton on 08:51 - Sep 15 by SgorioFruit

same, i sat in the corner closest to right back for the first half of every Prem game he played, and used to watch him closely. And bloody hell he used frustrate me, shitting out from so many challenges which led to so much opposition goals. But he has looked much more comfortable in the championship and cannot knock his commitment to this club.

Maybe it was the sign of a intelligent player protecting himself seen quite a few players ducking out of challenges but maybe not a trait you want to see in your players when it counts.
We saw Paterson make some feisty challenges when he felt needed to up his game, looking for new contract?

Willing to cut Naughton and other players some slack when we are winning, will give them more when we are winning comfortably.

Naughton linked up the play on the left very well but he was helped by players making themselves available in the middle park a lot better than we have seen at times this season maybe Norwich over commit to a press with three players that we bypassed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024