Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pressure mounting on Russ. 15:12 - Sep 4 with 7074 viewsReslovenSwan1

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-russell-martin-fighting-for-his-job

He got an awful lot of patience at Swansea from the owners who wanted to give him even more time with a new deal.

He was not happy with them and jumped into a place where there is no patience at all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 00:04 - Sep 5 with 1648 viewsKeithHaynes

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:53 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

He's a manager in the Premier League. So was Bob Bradley once.

Time will tell if he's a Premier League Manager. So far the signs are not good.

It’s down to him for sure, but at least a Martin got there in the right way, he wasn’t parachuted in to a club already in the premier league.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 08:48 - Sep 5 with 1476 viewsonehunglow

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 23:41 - Sep 4 by Fireboy2

'I believe Kaplan came over and gave him a pep talk which may have involved relieving him of his duties in the infamous London meeting. I have had one or two rollicking in my time and have to admit they worked and I focused better afterwards'

'I believe'

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stop it, please, I have literally p!ssed myself laughing.

If you really do mean literally, you literally need treatment

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 11:02 - Sep 5 with 1390 viewsmagicdaps10

I don't think you can get away with being a fraud in the higher levels of football in this country and certainly a fraud doesn't get a team promoted to the championship.
I see his downfall, he is a young manager and will certainly make mistakes as he has but currently he is a young manager who is managing in the premiership with a team he got promoted.

I see and understand the stick he gets from some quarters but the massive issue we have regards Martin and his time here was it was made to be a battle of Martin v Cooper.

The way I see it, most promoted teams into the Premier league, if those teams don't adjust quickly(most don't) then the fall guy will always be the manager. Southampton will see themselves in a higher regard as they have been in the premiership prior and will be quicker to get the axe ready......other teams will be a bit more modest and have empathy for the situation and will stick to the plan.

That's my opinion on it.......we all like to be right but it's not always the case.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 11:16 - Sep 5 with 1359 viewspencoedjack

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 11:02 - Sep 5 by magicdaps10

I don't think you can get away with being a fraud in the higher levels of football in this country and certainly a fraud doesn't get a team promoted to the championship.
I see his downfall, he is a young manager and will certainly make mistakes as he has but currently he is a young manager who is managing in the premiership with a team he got promoted.

I see and understand the stick he gets from some quarters but the massive issue we have regards Martin and his time here was it was made to be a battle of Martin v Cooper.

The way I see it, most promoted teams into the Premier league, if those teams don't adjust quickly(most don't) then the fall guy will always be the manager. Southampton will see themselves in a higher regard as they have been in the premiership prior and will be quicker to get the axe ready......other teams will be a bit more modest and have empathy for the situation and will stick to the plan.

That's my opinion on it.......we all like to be right but it's not always the case.

Personally I see someone like Mckenna at Ipswich as a far better manager than Martin.

Mckenna doesn't come across as arrogant and set in his ways as Martin does, which is probably why he was approached by bigger clubs over the summer.

If Martin stays at Southampton I hope they end up with the lowest points tally in PL history.

That said Martin will have a nice payout & be able to spend more time with Lucy Pinder which is no bad thing.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 11:48 - Sep 5 with 1311 viewsDr_Winston

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 11:16 - Sep 5 by pencoedjack

Personally I see someone like Mckenna at Ipswich as a far better manager than Martin.

Mckenna doesn't come across as arrogant and set in his ways as Martin does, which is probably why he was approached by bigger clubs over the summer.

If Martin stays at Southampton I hope they end up with the lowest points tally in PL history.

That said Martin will have a nice payout & be able to spend more time with Lucy Pinder which is no bad thing.

Martin had a Premier League squad and a significantly higher budget than all bar one or two teams last season. Achieving promotion isn't the vindication of him or his methods that a lot of people would dearly like it to be. It was the bare minimum expected from him.

Indeed, there are plenty of signs that his preferred style has been no more successful there than it was here. Certainly he was forced to change things around there because they started last season pretty poorly. They were something like ninth in the table with the worst defensive record in the top half at the end of September last year.

Unless things improve markedly at Southampton this season he will soon be back on the jobs market. No doubt he'll smooth talk his way into another Championship job. What he does there will dictate whether he can actually cut it at the higher levels or end up dropping rapidly down the divisions as Garry Monk has.
[Post edited 5 Sep 11:49]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 12:05 - Sep 5 with 1292 viewsmagicdaps10

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 11:16 - Sep 5 by pencoedjack

McKenna clearly is a very talented young guy in management, some will just be better than others even if their ships sail side by side.
Martin will certainly have a couple of things to take his mind off things when/if he loses his job anytime soon 😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 13:11 - Sep 5 with 1221 viewsKeithHaynes

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 12:05 - Sep 5 by magicdaps10

McKenna clearly is a very talented young guy in management, some will just be better than others even if their ships sail side by side.
Martin will certainly have a couple of things to take his mind off things when/if he loses his job anytime soon 😂

A few million plus will help.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 21:46 - Sep 5 with 1011 viewsSullutaCreturned

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 00:04 - Sep 5 by KeithHaynes

It’s down to him for sure, but at least a Martin got there in the right way, he wasn’t parachuted in to a club already in the premier league.

No, he was parachuted into a club that expected promotion from whichever manager they appointed. If they hadn't gone up they'd have sacked him and if he doesn't move them up the table, they will sack him. he's already been given a deadline allegedly AND he's already refiused to change his approach.

https://www.givemesport.com/russell-martin-fighting-for-his-job-at-southampton/

I really don't understand the constant defence for a man who was the single biggest reason for our failure in his last season. We had a better team than we have now, a better squad. Until he finally made changes we were on course for relegation and if it hadn't been such an unusually tight league we would never have gotten near the play offs.

It's not even debatable, 3 wins in 21 games is straight relgation form. The fact that he made the change and we won so many of our lat 10 games after that run of 5 wins in 6 early in the season showed that we had a good enough team. It was purely the managers tactics holding us back yet people still believe his nonsense.
Login to get fewer ads

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 22:21 - Sep 5 with 979 viewsDr_Winston

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 21:46 - Sep 5 by SullutaCreturned

No, he was parachuted into a club that expected promotion from whichever manager they appointed. If they hadn't gone up they'd have sacked him and if he doesn't move them up the table, they will sack him. he's already been given a deadline allegedly AND he's already refiused to change his approach.

I really don't understand the constant defence for a man who was the single biggest reason for our failure in his last season. We had a better team than we have now, a better squad. Until he finally made changes we were on course for relegation and if it hadn't been such an unusually tight league we would never have gotten near the play offs.

It's not even debatable, 3 wins in 21 games is straight relgation form. The fact that he made the change and we won so many of our lat 10 games after that run of 5 wins in 6 early in the season showed that we had a good enough team. It was purely the managers tactics holding us back yet people still believe his nonsense.

The sheer volume of people who continue to eulogize Martin despite his two years in charge of the club being at best, and this is an extremely charitable assessment, average and at worst a disastrous waste of time and resources never fails to amaze.

Even now there are those who would have him back in a heartbeat. Crazy Mofos.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 05:47 - Sep 6 with 914 viewssons_of_omri

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:27 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

It a good answer.

But he is a premier league manager as a result. Just like Potter and Cooper before him.

His proof is already there for all to see. Maybe when he comes back we will be more supportive 😉

He’s a premier league manager because Southampton bought the bull poo and took him on after failing here. He had ample opportunity to get us to the play offs but he preferred to make it all about him instead. Fraud? Oh most certainly.

We wouldn’t even be having this conversation if Leeds had shown up at the play off final. And Russell would be unemployed. The fact that he screwed the autos up with the squad he had, being beaten to second place by newly promoted Ipswich says it all.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 05:49 - Sep 6 with 904 viewssons_of_omri

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 11:02 - Sep 5 by magicdaps10

You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time ……….
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 05:55 - Sep 6 with 899 viewssons_of_omri

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 21:46 - Sep 5 by SullutaCreturned

For some people failure isn’t a bad thing. Especially when they know their contract will be paid up in full leaving them wealthier than you or I could ever be. It’s called the “Monk method of enrichment”.

And this “I’m not going to change my style or principles” when he had neither to begin with. Just means he can jet off somewhere nice all the sooner. Ditto Monk.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 05:57 - Sep 6 with 896 viewssons_of_omri

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 22:21 - Sep 5 by Dr_Winston

The sheer volume of people who continue to eulogize Martin despite his two years in charge of the club being at best, and this is an extremely charitable assessment, average and at worst a disastrous waste of time and resources never fails to amaze.

Even now there are those who would have him back in a heartbeat. Crazy Mofos.

Like I said, you can fool some of the people all the time…….
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 07:04 - Sep 6 with 882 viewsbuilthjack

Ipswich are one point ahead at the moment.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 07:28 - Sep 6 with 874 viewsSullutaCreturned

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 07:04 - Sep 6 by builthjack

Yes but they went straight though from league one with a smaller budget and a far moe likeable manager who really did earn his shot in the EPL, he won promotion twice without spending big money and he's at a club that will give him more time. I wonder what the value of the respective squads is?

Southampton expect to be top half whereas Ipswich will be happy just to avoid relegation.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 07:48 - Sep 6 with 865 viewsshandyjack

Ipswich have also player Liverpool and Man City in their opening 3 games

Poll: Expectation for the season

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 08:12 - Sep 6 with 850 viewsonehunglow

One of the most “ supported” of all the coaches in our history.
Incredible chap albeit one who is being found out
Even now, seemingly our fans won’t have a bad word to say about him.
The thread is about Russ not McKenna ,who might also not last the reason.
Football at that level is not sentimental nd it shouldn’t be

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 18:56 - Sep 6 with 674 viewsSullutaCreturned

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 05:55 - Sep 6 by sons_of_omri

For some people failure isn’t a bad thing. Especially when they know their contract will be paid up in full leaving them wealthier than you or I could ever be. It’s called the “Monk method of enrichment”.

And this “I’m not going to change my style or principles” when he had neither to begin with. Just means he can jet off somewhere nice all the sooner. Ditto Monk.

Yeah, they gave hima 3 year extension didn't they. Nice job if you can get it. Get one season right but turn out to be not very good over all so get sacked and walk away with millions.

it always puzzled me why clubs are so willing to give managers jobs when they have a track record of largely failure, some managers built careers on 2 or 3 good seasons in 10-15 seasons. All that happens is they got sacked, paid off and walked into other jobs fairly quickly.

It's a stupid set up really.
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:25 - Sep 6 with 647 viewsKeithHaynes

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 08:12 - Sep 6 by onehunglow

One of the most “ supported” of all the coaches in our history.
Incredible chap albeit one who is being found out
Even now, seemingly our fans won’t have a bad word to say about him.
The thread is about Russ not McKenna ,who might also not last the reason.
Football at that level is not sentimental nd it shouldn’t be

Found out as a Premier League manager after three games 😂

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:58 - Sep 6 with 613 viewsonehunglow

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:25 - Sep 6 by KeithHaynes

Found out as a Premier League manager after three games 😂

All opinions
Keith
All
Opinions
I u derstand attacking Russ is akin to chucking puppies into a canal

People are not as sanguine as you regarding him

I didn’t like him and Zi don’t like his Legacy which we see in Williams

I stand by every word

My opinion is as worthy as yours or anyone else’s

Thanks

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:01 - Sep 6 with 608 viewsKeithHaynes

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 19:58 - Sep 6 by onehunglow

All opinions
Keith
All
Opinions
I u derstand attacking Russ is akin to chucking puppies into a canal

People are not as sanguine as you regarding him

I didn’t like him and Zi don’t like his Legacy which we see in Williams

I stand by every word

My opinion is as worthy as yours or anyone else’s

Thanks

They are.

But many of yours are from personal dislike not based on football.

Enjoy Derbyshire.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 07:45 - Sep 7 with 486 viewssons_of_omri

Still hurting huh? That man wasted two precious years of this club, (our club’s) time and any hope of returning to the PL barring a miracle
Pressure mounting on Russ. on 07:57 - Sep 7 with 479 viewsonehunglow

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 07:45 - Sep 7 by sons_of_omri

Still hurting huh? That man wasted two precious years of this club, (our club’s) time and any hope of returning to the PL barring a miracle

Well said.
And yes,it does hurt me at least

We have wasted great opportunities and we have sunk very quickly

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 08:57 - Sep 7 with 462 viewsDr_Winston

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 20:01 - Sep 6 by KeithHaynes

They are.

But many of yours are from personal dislike not based on football.

Enjoy Derbyshire.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Mine are based on both personal dislike and his crappy football.

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 17:52 - Sep 7 with 380 viewsSullutaCreturned

Pressure mounting on Russ. on 08:57 - Sep 7 by Dr_Winston

Mine are based on both personal dislike and his crappy football.

I've never met him, can't say if I'd like him or not but I don't, for the most part, like how he ran our team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024