Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... 13:46 - Sep 4 with 722 viewstheloneranger

Any people facing criminal charges, will not be seen in court until at least 2027!!

"Sir Martin said: “We conclude that the fire at Grenfell Tower was the culmination of decades of failure by central government and other bodies in positions of responsibility in the construction industry to look carefully into the danger of incorporating combustible materials into the external walls of high-rise residential buildings and to act on the information available to them.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/grenfell-tower-government-keir-starmer-pri

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 14:08 - Sep 4 with 710 viewsBoundy

"The Metropolitan Police said it “operates under a different legal framework and so we cannot simply use the report’s findings as evidence to bring charges” but pledged to go through the report “line by line
So that's another 7 years before any cases are brought to the court , disgraceful should that be the case .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 19:26 - Sep 4 with 651 viewsKeithHaynes

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 14:08 - Sep 4 by Boundy

"The Metropolitan Police said it “operates under a different legal framework and so we cannot simply use the report’s findings as evidence to bring charges” but pledged to go through the report “line by line
So that's another 7 years before any cases are brought to the court , disgraceful should that be the case .

Legal minefield.

They need to start with the tenders given at the start.

Then those that administered the process.

Then apply the law to all.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 19:29 - Sep 4 with 632 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m not an expert on fire regulations by any means but the “stay in your flat” instruction always seemed absolutely mental to me.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 19:45 - Sep 4 with 608 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 19:29 - Sep 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m not an expert on fire regulations by any means but the “stay in your flat” instruction always seemed absolutely mental to me.

Correct all advice is to leave a building on fire and call the fire service.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 21:04 - Sep 4 with 564 viewsLuther27

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 14:08 - Sep 4 by Boundy

It’s utterly disgraceful and repugnant….and yet it’s totally British when after a very expensive multi year enquiry Tower blocks are still going up in flames and the threat of death is still relevant.

What is wrong with this country when the Met say they can’t prosecute due to a different system. What more evidence do they need when it’s been presented to them on a plate for Christ’s sake.

They seem able to round up and prosecute a person who makes an online comment not to their tastes but are absolutely powerless when it comes to corporate greed and murder for profit.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 22:39 - Sep 4 with 515 viewsmajorraglan

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 19:45 - Sep 4 by felixstowe_jack

Correct all advice is to leave a building on fire and call the fire service.

It wasn’t in high rises, the buildings were supposed to be compartmentalised so fire couldn’t spread quickly, but in Grenfell the fire was on the outside and spread like wildfire.
Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 23:04 - Sep 4 with 496 viewsmajorraglan

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 19:26 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

Legal minefield.

They need to start with the tenders given at the start.

Then those that administered the process.

Then apply the law to all.

I’m not convinced the victims and their families will ever see justice.

The report points the finger at the cladding manufacturers, the Coalition government, the subsequent Conservative government, the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, the Tenant Management Organisation, austerity, Lord Pickles and his deregulation was subject to some criticism as was a lack of centralised product testing, it goes on and on.

What was clear at the outset was the very close connections between some on the RBKC and the government of the day.

I think building standards in the U.K. are very poor - something that’s apparent from the number of reports we see about problems with new builds. We need to revisit Building Regs and the enforcement of standards, the guarantees on new builds should be comprehensive and there should be proper accountability, only then will we see an improvement.

There are people out there who need to be doing serious porridge over this.

The Guardian’s John Crace isn’t everyones cup of tea, but his take on Grenfell is worth a quick read.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/sep/04/remorse-over-grenfell-i

[Post edited 4 Sep 23:17]
Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 07:43 - Sep 5 with 401 viewsraynor94

There are over 4000 buildings still with inflammable cladding on them.

People are going to sleep every night in buildings like this, truly shocking

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 08:58 - Sep 5 with 385 viewsBoundy

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 07:43 - Sep 5 by raynor94

There are over 4000 buildings still with inflammable cladding on them.

People are going to sleep every night in buildings like this, truly shocking

and I believe many still in Wales , why wait for a report before starting the ball rolling when records of installation materials used or as built records have to be maintained , there was a initial reaction when information became filtering out but that seemed to be all it has been , in 7 long years since how lucky successive local councils and governments been y that more fires of that magnitude haven't taken place. Why is someone has to die before the bleeding obvious is investigated and action taken, these are so called experts, my arse.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 19:42 - Sep 5 with 313 viewswaynekerr55

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 22:39 - Sep 4 by majorraglan

It wasn’t in high rises, the buildings were supposed to be compartmentalised so fire couldn’t spread quickly, but in Grenfell the fire was on the outside and spread like wildfire.

Correct. Mate is an incident manager in LFB. Buildings simply weren't meant to do what happened as the testing (which we now know to be flawed due to greed) said that wouldn't happen.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 21:34 - Sep 5 with 288 viewsmajorraglan

Decades of failure led to deadly Grenfell Tower fire ... on 08:58 - Sep 5 by Boundy

and I believe many still in Wales , why wait for a report before starting the ball rolling when records of installation materials used or as built records have to be maintained , there was a initial reaction when information became filtering out but that seemed to be all it has been , in 7 long years since how lucky successive local councils and governments been y that more fires of that magnitude haven't taken place. Why is someone has to die before the bleeding obvious is investigated and action taken, these are so called experts, my arse.

Totally agree, the issue will be responsibility and funding, it’s going to come down to who picks up the tab.

For me, the developers, the property managers and the manufacturers need to shell out, but I can’t see that happening so is it down to the taxpayer? I feel sorry for people living in these properties.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024