Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom 17:50 - Aug 31 with 2171 viewsSwansIndependent

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom 31st Aug 2024 17:49
The Swans looked highly unlikely that they wouldn’t get a shot on goal after the first half let alone take a point from this game. They nearly did, but referee Anthony Backhouse turned down a fifty fifty penalty shout in the second half, they’ve been given, and then minutes later a clear penalty after a foul on Eom. 0

Shocking decision, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:07 - Aug 31 with 2064 viewsBoundy

All I can say , is ever the re was a homer ref. he was the perfect example

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:16 - Aug 31 with 2007 viewsAnotherJohn

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:07 - Aug 31 by Boundy

All I can say , is ever the re was a homer ref. he was the perfect example

Wasn't sure about the Eom penalty shout myself. Need to look at a replay, but my initial thought was that the contact with the keeper came after the attempted shot. It would have been nice to see a decision go our way.
Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:20 - Aug 31 with 1969 viewsonehunglow

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:16 - Aug 31 by AnotherJohn

Wasn't sure about the Eom penalty shout myself. Need to look at a replay, but my initial thought was that the contact with the keeper came after the attempted shot. It would have been nice to see a decision go our way.

Had we got it ,would we have held on or gone for the win or simply spaff it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:57 - Aug 31 with 1821 viewsswan65split

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:16 - Aug 31 by AnotherJohn

Not sure myself if it was, some refs would have given it, as he went in 2 feet.
Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 19:03 - Aug 31 with 1801 viewsshandyjack

Looked to me like the keeper won the ball on the tv

Poll: Expectation for the season

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 19:11 - Aug 31 with 1752 viewsKeithHaynes

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 19:03 - Aug 31 by shandyjack

Looked to me like the keeper won the ball on the tv

The test has to be of that was a tackle outside of the area would the referee have given a free kick. I think he would have. Liam tells me it was an unequivocal yes from the press area today.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 20:38 - Aug 31 with 1495 viewsBoundy

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 19:11 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

The test has to be of that was a tackle outside of the area would the referee have given a free kick. I think he would have. Liam tells me it was an unequivocal yes from the press area today.

Looking at the direction of travel the ball took I thought the keeper missed the ball imo

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 20:44 - Aug 31 with 1476 viewsunion_jack

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 20:38 - Aug 31 by Boundy

Looking at the direction of travel the ball took I thought the keeper missed the ball imo

From what I’ve seen I think he got the ball but followed through on EOM which as Keith has alluded to above woukd have been a FK anywhere else and possibly a booking.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 20:55 - Aug 31 with 1434 viewsSullutaCreturned

It was right in front of us who went and it was a naled on pen in my opinion. The other one is a no from me though.

I just wish refs would be consistent, against Cardiff Tanner was injured by his own fans, off the pitch but the ref stopped play, today the Ref MADE Eom go off for treatment and then, when he'd been of the pitch a few seconds, re-started play.

There were also some poor free kicks given against us, some of the WBA giants were surprisingly fragile today, after one corner 3 of them and the keeper were laying prone. I call BS but the ref kept falling for it.

Sayingbthe ref swungit though, a tad harsh considering we could easily have been 4 nil down at half time and would have deserved it.We were utter rubbsh.
There was a big improvement in the second but we still looked toothless.
Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 22:01 - Aug 31 with 1367 viewsKeithHaynes

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 20:55 - Aug 31 by SullutaCreturned

It was right in front of us who went and it was a naled on pen in my opinion. The other one is a no from me though.

I just wish refs would be consistent, against Cardiff Tanner was injured by his own fans, off the pitch but the ref stopped play, today the Ref MADE Eom go off for treatment and then, when he'd been of the pitch a few seconds, re-started play.

There were also some poor free kicks given against us, some of the WBA giants were surprisingly fragile today, after one corner 3 of them and the keeper were laying prone. I call BS but the ref kept falling for it.

Sayingbthe ref swungit though, a tad harsh considering we could easily have been 4 nil down at half time and would have deserved it.We were utter rubbsh.
There was a big improvement in the second but we still looked toothless.

If we had that penalty it would have been a draw. I’m certain.

The fact they missed their chances, they were opportunities they had, we didn’t have that opportunity, denied by the referee. to quote Liam.

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 01:47 - Sep 1 with 1217 viewsRhonddaSwans

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 22:01 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

The fact they missed their chances, they were opportunities they had, we didn’t have that opportunity, denied by the referee. to quote Liam.

The 2nd half was a lot better.
If we didn’t concede before half time we would have probably won this game today.
But we can’t play like we did in the first half and expect anything.
We could of been 3 or 4 down in reality.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 12:17 - Sep 1 with 950 viewsSullutaCreturned

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 22:01 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

No, 3 or 4 chances they made without any help from the ref, they ripped through us a few times in the first half and very easily too.

the ref was more help to them in the second, in my opinion. Whenever we looked threatening he was likely to blow the whistle for something.
Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 13:44 - Sep 1 with 884 viewsonehunglow

I’m certain we would have immediately dropped even deeper and invited onto us .
I’m also certain ,we would have given away a free kick or corner which their much bigger players would have smashed into our net.
I was pretty certain ,half time,we would crush Cardiff too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 21:38 - Sep 3 with 636 viewsKeithHaynes

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 12:17 - Sep 1 by SullutaCreturned

No, 3 or 4 chances they made without any help from the ref, they ripped through us a few times in the first half and very easily too.

the ref was more help to them in the second, in my opinion. Whenever we looked threatening he was likely to blow the whistle for something.

I’m talking about that 😂 Nothing to do with the referee giving them chances. They made them out of their own volition. The fact they couldn’t take them is down to them. The one chance we had to equalise was denied to the Swans by the referee.

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:53 - Sep 4 with 442 viewsSullutaCreturned

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 21:38 - Sep 3 by KeithHaynes

I’m talking about that 😂 Nothing to do with the referee giving them chances. They made them out of their own volition. The fact they couldn’t take them is down to them. The one chance we had to equalise was denied to the Swans by the referee.

But you are certain we would have got the draw. There's no guarantee we'd have scored the pen or that they wouldn't have gotten another goal. Football doesn't work like that, no guarantees, ever. Otherwise we'd have beaten Wycombe.
Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:59 - Sep 4 with 436 viewsKeithHaynes

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:53 - Sep 4 by SullutaCreturned

But you are certain we would have got the draw. There's no guarantee we'd have scored the pen or that they wouldn't have gotten another goal. Football doesn't work like that, no guarantees, ever. Otherwise we'd have beaten Wycombe.

There was only one guarantee, had we been awarded a nailed on penalty we would have had a chance to score, from our own volition, which wasn’t offered to us.

🙄

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 19:02 - Sep 4 with 424 viewsSullutaCreturned

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 18:59 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

There was only one guarantee, had we been awarded a nailed on penalty we would have had a chance to score, from our own volition, which wasn’t offered to us.

🙄

So you can't be certain we'd have equalised and hung on for a draw then?
Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 19:09 - Sep 4 with 400 viewsKeithHaynes

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom on 19:02 - Sep 4 by SullutaCreturned

So you can't be certain we'd have equalised and hung on for a draw then?

You can’t be certain we wouldn’t have.

I deal in reality, and the reality is it was a nailed on penalty.

This post has been edited by an administrator

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024