Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford 13:34 - Aug 30 with 4647 viewsmax936

Accept a 40mill bid from Saudi club Al-Ahili

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c0e855epg0po

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brentford on 18:42 - Sep 3 with 1290 viewsmax936

Brentford on 17:44 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

Don't waste your time, most simply ignore him now. If trolls don't get oxygen they disappear.

Spot on, Whitey

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brentford on 20:16 - Sep 3 with 1204 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brentford on 18:42 - Sep 3 by max936

Spot on, Whitey

Using the ignore button is for wimps but is valid. Team working to get group ignore action is seriously pathetic in my view. Communities need to work together to be solidly united in delusion.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Brentford on 21:03 - Sep 3 with 1142 viewsWhiterockin

You can chose to ignore without using the ignore button, choice and self discipline is far more satisfying. As you say people are sick of the lies and attention seeking drivel.
Brentford on 21:25 - Sep 3 with 1103 viewsReslovenSwan1

You are completely wrong as usual. 43 votes POTY.. I would not talk about it normally unless attacked. You operate in a small clique who do not like having their feathers ruffled. It is the way the UK and Wales operate.

When you narrative is contested you herd onto groups for protection. It is an interesting dynamic.

Joey Allen is not a favourite of mine. He played the fans like a drum and got himself a nice little earner when he was well passed his sell by date. Hartson tried the same thing but met a lot better manager in Roberto Martinez who said no.

[Post edited 3 Sep 21:29]

Brentford on 21:31 - Sep 3 with 1077 viewsFireboy2

Brentford on 21:25 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

You are completely wrong as usual. 43 votes POTY.. I would not talk about it normally unless attacked. You operate in a small clique who do not like having their feathers ruffled. It is the way the UK and Wales operate.

When you narrative is contested you herd onto groups for protection. It is an interesting dynamic.

Joey Allen is not a favourite of mine. He played the fans like a drum and got himself a nice little earner when he was well passed his sell by date. Hartson tried the same thing but met a lot better manager in Roberto Martinez who said no.

[Post edited 3 Sep 21:29]

I rest my case 🤷
Brentford on 21:38 - Sep 3 with 1058 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brentford on 15:41 - Sep 3 by theloneranger

... "It would take too much time to explain the concept of wheeling and dealing." ...

Very smug and ignorant reply!! 😂

Just hold your hands up for once, and admit you were totally WRONG again with your assumption!!

You said.
"How could the Saudi's have got him for at least half - when they met Brentford's asking price of £40m??":

It appeared from you comment that w you do not understand what I was saying. They could easily have bargained the cost down considerably. House buyers rarely accept the the selling price.

Brentford were in a real bad place and the Saudi s have done them a big favour. One wonders what they will want in return.

Brentford on 09:26 - Sep 4 with 903 viewsonehunglow

Brentford on 20:16 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Using the ignore button is for wimps but is valid. Team working to get group ignore action is seriously pathetic in my view. Communities need to work together to be solidly united in delusion.

No,it’s not for wimps
I use it ,then give my chums a second chance which normally means I shove them back on ignore ,then the process starts all over again.
A few post well then they slip back into their old ways
They want to post hate but can’t in this site
I think a lot of what you post is wrong,to me,but other material I do.
For the life of ne,I can’t see what’s hard about it
Every opinion means every opinion

I rest my case and there’s no appeal to a higher court

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brentford on 12:35 - Sep 4 with 890 viewsBillyChong

Brentford on 15:19 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

It would take too much time to explain the concept of wheeling and dealing. Saudis could have made a low ball off offer and waited.

Toney would have flat refused to go anywhere else because of the wages on offer. Saudis are distorting the market.

Potter could have bought Toney instead of Asoro or McKay but his recruitment was dreadful.

Potter was given £800k to spend on a striker at the time when Brentford spent £5m on Toney.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford on 16:45 - Sep 4 with 823 viewsonehunglow

Brentford on 12:35 - Sep 4 by BillyChong

Potter was given £800k to spend on a striker at the time when Brentford spent £5m on Toney.

Who got sold for 40 million
Remarkable

Brentford on 01:23 - Sep 5 with 798 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brentford on 12:35 - Sep 4 by BillyChong

Potter came to Swansea for the 2018- 2019 season and had a £7m budget which he wasted . Toney joined Peterborough for under £1m in 2018. Potter signed 4 duds.

There were good players out there but his recruitment partners did not sign any of them. Declan John has made a small fortune bouncing from club to club and generally disappointing. I saw him at u21 for Wales and it was obvious like McKay there was not to physicality to his game. He did not like tackling.

Brentford on 07:42 - Sep 6 with 670 viewsSullutaCreturned

Brentford on 23:29 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

No one else wanted him for his wage requirements and possible "illness" of gambling addiction.

The Saudis could have got him for at least half that. Had Brentford got a higher offer Toney would have simply declined it for the Saudi wages.

Toney goes where Toney wants to go. Joey Allen went where he wanted to go in 2017 and it was Stoke city not Swansea.

How could the Saudi's have gotten him for half of that? They already had a 25 million bid turned down with Brentford demanding 50 million. With the transfer window fast approaching it's closing time Brentford settled for 40 million.

Toney also declined the first Saudi wage offer, he negotiated for more. Seems to me you're making things up again, it's another false assumption at best.

Now Joe Allen would have come to Swansea if we'd met Liverpools price, as it was Huw Jenkins refused to pay the then 8 million fee. Then Joe went and had a superb "Euro's" and his price rose with Stoke paying 13 million.

Why do you insist on misrepresenting the facts when these things have been pointed out to you many times, no wonder you get called a troll.
Brentford on 23:48 - Sep 11 with 562 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brentford on 07:42 - Sep 6 by SullutaCreturned

How could the Saudi's have gotten him for half of that? They already had a 25 million bid turned down with Brentford demanding 50 million. With the transfer window fast approaching it's closing time Brentford settled for 40 million.

Toney also declined the first Saudi wage offer, he negotiated for more. Seems to me you're making things up again, it's another false assumption at best.

Now Joe Allen would have come to Swansea if we'd met Liverpools price, as it was Huw Jenkins refused to pay the then 8 million fee. Then Joe went and had a superb "Euro's" and his price rose with Stoke paying 13 million.

Why do you insist on misrepresenting the facts when these things have been pointed out to you many times, no wonder you get called a troll.

Your dirty business again gaslighting posters as 'fantasists'. It is not acceptable. If you do it to weak people they will believe you.

It seems you are unique in thinking the Saudi got a bargain. Joe was running down his deal and did not need to go anywhere did not want to go. He loves Stoke and signed there not once but TWICE.

Swansea wanted to sell Roque Mesa to a La Liga club but Mesa demanded Sevilla who offered less. Joey could have done the same but did not. He prefered to stay in with the fans and let Huw take the blame then show up at the Swansea.com and pick up his pension as a shadow of the STOKE CITY player he was.
[Post edited 11 Sep 23:50]

Brentford on 17:02 - Sep 12 with 482 viewsSullutaCreturned

Brentford on 23:48 - Sep 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Your dirty business again gaslighting posters as 'fantasists'. It is not acceptable. If you do it to weak people they will believe you.

It seems you are unique in thinking the Saudi got a bargain. Joe was running down his deal and did not need to go anywhere did not want to go. He loves Stoke and signed there not once but TWICE.

Swansea wanted to sell Roque Mesa to a La Liga club but Mesa demanded Sevilla who offered less. Joey could have done the same but did not. He prefered to stay in with the fans and let Huw take the blame then show up at the Swansea.com and pick up his pension as a shadow of the STOKE CITY player he was.
[Post edited 11 Sep 23:50]

Oh there's no gas lighting, what II posted are facts.

But you did indeed make something up again, another fantasy, can you shwo me where I said Toney was a bargain?

You doubled down with "It appeared from you comment that w you do not understand what I was saying. They could easily have bargained the cost down considerably. House buyers rarely accept the the selling price" after already having it pointed out that their offer for half the asking price was turned down. That FACT makes your assertion totally wrong, a fantasy in fact concocted by a desperate desire to appear clever but your posts as a wole have already betrayed the truth.

Allen acceptinga new deal at Stoke doesn't change the facts, Swansea approached Liverpool bu Jenkins would not meet the asking price.
Now Roque Mesa, I don't really know how you can make yourself look more foolish. Do you want to have a guess where Sevilla play their football and did in January 2018 when Mesa joined them? That's right, LA LIGA.

Joe went to Stoke because they met the asking price, it's that simple. he wanted to leave Liverpool to get more games and Stoke made an acceptable offer when Swansea wouldn't. Allen wasn't running down his contract, it's public knowledge that at the end of the 2015/16 season he expressed a desire to leave Anfield to get regular matches.

You continue to post fantasy when the facts are readily available
Brentford on 22:56 - Sep 12 with 434 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brentford on 17:02 - Sep 12 by SullutaCreturned

Oh there's no gas lighting, what II posted are facts.

But you did indeed make something up again, another fantasy, can you shwo me where I said Toney was a bargain?

You doubled down with "It appeared from you comment that w you do not understand what I was saying. They could easily have bargained the cost down considerably. House buyers rarely accept the the selling price" after already having it pointed out that their offer for half the asking price was turned down. That FACT makes your assertion totally wrong, a fantasy in fact concocted by a desperate desire to appear clever but your posts as a wole have already betrayed the truth.

Allen acceptinga new deal at Stoke doesn't change the facts, Swansea approached Liverpool bu Jenkins would not meet the asking price.
Now Roque Mesa, I don't really know how you can make yourself look more foolish. Do you want to have a guess where Sevilla play their football and did in January 2018 when Mesa joined them? That's right, LA LIGA.

Joe went to Stoke because they met the asking price, it's that simple. he wanted to leave Liverpool to get more games and Stoke made an acceptable offer when Swansea wouldn't. Allen wasn't running down his contract, it's public knowledge that at the end of the 2015/16 season he expressed a desire to leave Anfield to get regular matches.

You continue to post fantasy when the facts are readily available

Your arguments are simplistic. Joe was under contract to Liverpool and had a year left. The
fact that Stoke met their asking price is irrelevant if he wanted to go to Swansea. He had no obligation to go at all.

He went to stoke under TWO conditions not one
a) The asking price was met
b) Joe wanted to go to Stoke not Swansea.

The transfer window is exactly that a limited opportunity to trade. Everyone except you knows you play the clock. Massive wages were on the line for Toney so Toney could tell Brentford he is going only to Saudi. They then cut a discounted deal on the last day. Easy.

I suspect Saudi s have over paid for some favours in the future. Who know what they have got planned?. It is well above you pay grade.

The Saudis a have grossly overpaid on his fee and on his wages. A player entering his last year who nobody else wanted. I believe that they could have negiociated far less on both counts as no one else wanted him and he was keen to go to Saudi . That is clearly true not a fantasy.

Brentford on 00:37 - Sep 13 with 415 viewsRobbie

Agents with the very big help of their clients the players make the calls and demands now .

Loyalty was a word of mouth and handshake over a signed bit of paper as I rememder .
Them days are long gone .

All footballer will want to make the most of their careers whilst fit , 3 year contract , yep .

Some of these youngsters are signing 5 year contracts at Clubs . Well done Chelsea.
Chucked out after a season but pay packet is sound for years ahead , Potter included .

Let them go and play in Saudi , MSL or anywhere they choose , their choice .

Regarding Toney and Brentford , a non story , another footballer moves on .
Brentford on 05:48 - Sep 13 with 367 viewsSullutaCreturned

Brentford on 22:56 - Sep 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Your arguments are simplistic. Joe was under contract to Liverpool and had a year left. The
fact that Stoke met their asking price is irrelevant if he wanted to go to Swansea. He had no obligation to go at all.

He went to stoke under TWO conditions not one
a) The asking price was met
b) Joe wanted to go to Stoke not Swansea.

The transfer window is exactly that a limited opportunity to trade. Everyone except you knows you play the clock. Massive wages were on the line for Toney so Toney could tell Brentford he is going only to Saudi. They then cut a discounted deal on the last day. Easy.

I suspect Saudi s have over paid for some favours in the future. Who know what they have got planned?. It is well above you pay grade.

The Saudis a have grossly overpaid on his fee and on his wages. A player entering his last year who nobody else wanted. I believe that they could have negiociated far less on both counts as no one else wanted him and he was keen to go to Saudi . That is clearly true not a fantasy.

And you're answer is yet again, foolish. Allen couldn't wait for Swansea because we wouldn't meet Liverpools asking price. Or do you think Allen could have phoned jenkins and demand that? Probably so gven the strength of your delusions.

The second bit is pure garbage, he would have come home had we bid what was then 8 million. Stoke didn't bid for him until after the Euro's. Maybe somebody else can remember or has a link but I think Allen even stated hed come back but it was up to the clubs to agree the fee?

Third paragraph, what a load of nonsense. It wasn't me demanding that the Saudi's could "easily" have gotten him for half the fee. You've posted so much nonsense I think you may even have confused yourself.

What you suspect is usually rubbish and believe it or not, it's above your pay grade too.

Last paragraph, you get more ridiculous. It even argues against the third paragraph. They tried offering far less and got rebuffed and that really is a fact. Of course Toney wanted to go to Saudi for the silly money on offer but wh can say that nobody else wanted him, we are not privvy to such things because....its aove our pay grade, t may be true, it may not.

The actual facts, as they stand, show that you are wrong again but you persist. It is beyond doubt that you are either human Osmium or simply a troll and a WUM.

That;s why people don't reply to you and take the mick.

Your posts are Monty Python grade nonsense.
Brentford on 07:30 - Sep 13 with 357 viewsFireboy2

Brentford on 05:48 - Sep 13 by SullutaCreturned

And you're answer is yet again, foolish. Allen couldn't wait for Swansea because we wouldn't meet Liverpools asking price. Or do you think Allen could have phoned jenkins and demand that? Probably so gven the strength of your delusions.

The second bit is pure garbage, he would have come home had we bid what was then 8 million. Stoke didn't bid for him until after the Euro's. Maybe somebody else can remember or has a link but I think Allen even stated hed come back but it was up to the clubs to agree the fee?

Third paragraph, what a load of nonsense. It wasn't me demanding that the Saudi's could "easily" have gotten him for half the fee. You've posted so much nonsense I think you may even have confused yourself.

What you suspect is usually rubbish and believe it or not, it's above your pay grade too.

Last paragraph, you get more ridiculous. It even argues against the third paragraph. They tried offering far less and got rebuffed and that really is a fact. Of course Toney wanted to go to Saudi for the silly money on offer but wh can say that nobody else wanted him, we are not privvy to such things because....its aove our pay grade, t may be true, it may not.

The actual facts, as they stand, show that you are wrong again but you persist. It is beyond doubt that you are either human Osmium or simply a troll and a WUM.

He's got what he wanted D, a reply from you stating your argument.

We all know he posts rubbish and some of us have tried to put him right but hes a troll and a wum, he just wants people to get wound up and reply to his nonsense.

Just do what most of us do, laugh at his posts but do not, I repeat, do not reply mate 😉
Brentford on 08:03 - Sep 13 with 329 viewsonehunglow

So that’s you told D.

Personally,I’d rather read alternative views to mine so long as they are respectful.
Res can be patronising . There again,so can I .We are all capable of doing so.
Res sticks his head above the parapet .
He might be WUM ,he may not be.
He may be an admirer of our owners . He might be taking the pease.
Who bluddy knows

I repeat who bluddy cares
[Post edited 13 Sep 8:03]

Brentford on 08:20 - Sep 13 with 333 viewsWhiterockin

Brentford on 05:48 - Sep 13 by SullutaCreturned

Possibly the biggest factor for me was that HJ didn't expect Joe and Wales to play so well at the Euro's, with Joe getting into the team of the tournament. This took Joe's value to another level for Liverpool, Stoke paid it Swansea wouldn't. HJ thought he would just sit on the situation until after the Euro's and lost out, Liverpool called the shots with the new valuation and Joe had no say in it apart from accepting the contract on offer. It really is as simple as that, time to move on.
Brentford on 13:29 - Sep 13 with 302 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brentford on 08:20 - Sep 13 by Whiterockin

Possibly the biggest factor for me was that HJ didn't expect Joe and Wales to play so well at the Euro's, with Joe getting into the team of the tournament. This took Joe's value to another level for Liverpool, Stoke paid it Swansea wouldn't. HJ thought he would just sit on the situation until after the Euro's and lost out, Liverpool called the shots with the new valuation and Joe had no say in it apart from accepting the contract on offer. It really is as simple as that, time to move on.

Swansea valued £8m. Stoke. Stoke agreed £13m. Joe did not have to go as he had a contract. If he held out for Swansea he could have. The deadline was approaching Liverpool who have a decision to make, keep Joe or accept Swansea s low offer.

It happens all the time. Joe was not that determined to join Swansea when he was at his peak. Now he is shot he loves the place. Martin fell for it just like the people at Cardiff with Rambo.

Brentford on 13:33 - Sep 13 with 278 viewsonehunglow

Brentford on 13:29 - Sep 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea valued £8m. Stoke. Stoke agreed £13m. Joe did not have to go as he had a contract. If he held out for Swansea he could have. The deadline was approaching Liverpool who have a decision to make, keep Joe or accept Swansea s low offer.

It happens all the time. Joe was not that determined to join Swansea when he was at his peak. Now he is shot he loves the place. Martin fell for it just like the people at Cardiff with Rambo.

I’m not being “funny” but again I agree.
It’s fair comment
Fact is ,it seems Joe returned when only convenient for him to see out his career and top his pension up with an extended contract
Can’t blame him for that but let’s forget this loving the club crap
I read that about Grimes,when fact is,nobody seems to want him and pay him more money .
He might have family in Swansea but footballers nd families have always moved for the money

Brentford on 15:39 - Sep 13 with 253 viewsSullutaCreturned

Brentford on 13:29 - Sep 13 by ReslovenSwan1

You really are a persistent little fantasist.

As pointed out, Joe wanted to leave Liverpool, he didn't want to wait the year, he didn't want to run his contract down, he wanted to leave asap. Hj would not pay the fee but Stoke would and they guaranteed him game time.

Are you aware (I doubt it because you don't do genuine facts) that when Allen signed for what you claimed was his second time that it was actually only 2 years into his 5 year deal. He signed a reduced wage 4 year deal because Stoke needed to save money. You also won't be aware that speaking after his move to Stoke, Allen said he "had to move on" from Liverpool in order to receive regular playing time.

Also, Swansea didn't value Joe at 8 million, that was Liverpools asking price before the Euro's but HJ declined to pay it. Joe's price rose after the Euri's where he had been outstanding and made the "team of the tournament" and as a resut his price rose, HJ wouldn't pay 8, hed never have paid the 13 Stoke offered.

It doesn't matter how much you twist and turn, how much you squirm, when you post falsehoods and fantasies someone will call you out on them.

You continue to post nonsense as nauseam, maybe try doing a bit of research and posting truths, genuine facts and actually stating when something is just your own opinion. You have become a parody of yourself.
Brentford on 16:31 - Sep 13 with 225 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brentford on 07:30 - Sep 13 by Fireboy2

He's got what he wanted D, a reply from you stating your argument.

We all know he posts rubbish and some of us have tried to put him right but hes a troll and a wum, he just wants people to get wound up and reply to his nonsense.

Just do what most of us do, laugh at his posts but do not, I repeat, do not reply mate 😉

It's good the "old gang" stick together and beat up anyone with view that don't show never ending love for "Joey and his chickens. Kerching".

That's how cliques work in south Wales.

So you say Joey took a new contract with Stoke city on lower terms. This is unheard of. He must have really loved the Potteries.
[Post edited 13 Sep 16:35]

Brentford on 17:02 - Sep 13 with 201 viewsSullutaCreturned

Brentford on 16:31 - Sep 13 by ReslovenSwan1

It's good the "old gang" stick together and beat up anyone with view that don't show never ending love for "Joey and his chickens. Kerching".

So you say Joey took a new contract with Stoke city on lower terms. This is unheard of. He must have really loved the Potteries.

it's not unheard of, in fact some clubs have promotion and relegtion clauses and decent people (and I believe Joe is a decent person) may take a pay cut to protect the business, specially when they are very well paid.

Of course other people would be greedy and go to the highest payer no matter the effect on their career, like Toney.

Question, who are Joey's chickens?

As for the clique, if being in the clique means ignoring you then clearly I am not obeying the rules.
PS, I believe Allen has stated he loved his time at Stoke, it doesn't mean he feels any less for his childhood club though.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Brentford on 18:47 - Sep 13 with 133 viewstheloneranger

Brentford on 16:31 - Sep 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Stoke did go through every players contracts when they were relegated from the Premier League in 2018.

Joe actually did sign a new contract in the summer of 2018 on a reduced salary, which Stoke offset his salary loss by extending his contract!!

Grow up FFS, accusing people of being in gangs and cliques!!

What I was taught was -

"People in caves, shouldn't throw stones!!" 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024