Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread 06:38 - Aug 29 with 20668 viewsModeratorC

When a team has everything to prove a trip to the Hawthorns isn’t the best pick of venue. However, it’s the next game for Swansea City, who played and lost to a Wycombe side on Wednesday in the worst possible fashion.

Swansea City : Franco latest 31st Aug 2024 08:00
Swansea City face West Bromwich Albion away at the Hawthorns this afternoon in a traditional 3pm Saturday kick off. It’s a great trip for Swans fans, not that far away by comparison to other away days, and a very large away support will be there. 0

West Bromwich Albion: Alex Palmer, Darnell Furlong, Kyle Bartley, Sami Ajayi, Jayson Molumby, Josh Maja, John Swift, Torbjorn Heggem, Karlan Grant, Alex Mowatt, Tom Fellows.

Substitutes: Joe Wildsmith, Callum Styles, Jed Wallace, Ousmane Diakite, Lewis Dobbin, Uros Racic, Paddy McNair, Gianluca Frabbota, Devante Cole.

Swansea City: Lawrence Vigouroux; Josh Key, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Josh Tymon; Matt Grimes (captain), Gonçalo Franco, Ollie Cooper; Jisung Eom, Žan Vipotnik, Ronald.

Substitutes: Jon McLaughlin, Kristian Pedersen, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Florian Bianchini, Myles Peart-Harris, Kyle Naughton, Nelson Abbey, Azeem Abdulai.

Referee Backhouse denies the Swans a point at West Brom 31st Aug 2024 17:49
The Swans looked highly unlikely that they wouldn’t get a shot on goal after the first half let alone take a point from this game. They nearly did, but referee Anthony Backhouse turned down a fifty fifty penalty shout in the second half, they’ve been given, and then minutes later a clear penalty after a foul on Eom. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 11:22 - Aug 30 with 2467 viewsmax936

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 11:13 - Aug 30 by Legend83

T-Joe I get, he looks out of his depth. But Pedersen and Abbey, a totally brand-new CB pairing expected to get comms 100% right between them etc. Feels harsh.

Abbey fell asleep for the goal but I thought he looked ok otherwise. Not his number one job, but I like Pedersen's keen-ness to move the ball quickly - he seems to take one-touch and pass, as opposed to HD and BC who seem to like 4 or 5 touches and take their time by which point the oppo have re-grouped.

Pedersen is a fine back up [starter even] in my opinion, can't think of anything he did wrong in the game we are where we are with these players at the moment, this is the standard.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 14:14 - Aug 30 with 2331 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 11:13 - Aug 30 by Legend83

T-Joe I get, he looks out of his depth. But Pedersen and Abbey, a totally brand-new CB pairing expected to get comms 100% right between them etc. Feels harsh.

Abbey fell asleep for the goal but I thought he looked ok otherwise. Not his number one job, but I like Pedersen's keen-ness to move the ball quickly - he seems to take one-touch and pass, as opposed to HD and BC who seem to like 4 or 5 touches and take their time by which point the oppo have re-grouped.

Imagine Nelson ,a centre half,seeing a 5-10 waif coming back from half way to get hold of the ball only to pass it back to keeper .
He looks class .
He must have felt mortified at what he saw in his first game

We are not seeing the full picture

Williams is horrific ,as coach,and yeah ,as max says,becoming rather smug

We need him out of the club

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 14:55 - Aug 30 with 2301 viewsunion_jack

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 14:14 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

Imagine Nelson ,a centre half,seeing a 5-10 waif coming back from half way to get hold of the ball only to pass it back to keeper .
He looks class .

I think his smugness is a disguise for his embarrassment both in the team’s performance and his own ability.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 14:58 - Aug 30 with 2289 viewsKeithHaynes

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 14:14 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

He looks class .

Never going to happen.

Around 800k to get rid of him and his two mates we are told.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:36 - Aug 30 with 2231 viewsSullutaCreturned

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:43 - Aug 29 by pembsjack

Was looking forward to this one as my first away of the season and first trip to the Hawthorns, not so sure now!
Too late as its all booked, so any tips on pubs in the are etc?

There's always quite a few jacks in the Vine. That's where I'm heading tomorrow tho so you may want to give it a miss
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview (n/t) on 15:43 - Aug 30 with 2218 viewsmax936

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 14:58 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

Never going to happen.

He's got time to turn things around, forget saturday it'll come and go, then he's got a fortnight to get things together, then see where we are after the 5 games afterwards, sink or swim time will quickly approach as ww move into Autumn.

He may need a different colour trousers soon though

[Post edited 30 Aug 15:50]

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview (n/t) on 15:43 - Aug 30 with 2218 viewsmax936

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 14:58 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

Never going to happen.

Double post, fat paws!
[Post edited 30 Aug 15:44]

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 15:57 - Aug 30 with 2203 viewsRichardO

Agreed about Pedersen seems to a good option on the left of the centrebacks, it was crazy to have two left footed players in the middle at the back against Wycombe, he moved the balls to the left to Abbey quickly, sharply and in front of Abbey who was caught out by the speed of the pass, how our wingers crave for those type of balls one to turn defenders and can be run onto. Liked how he got balls forward to the likes of Ginnelly and Key early doors but didn't see his nightmare against Cardiff last season. but do think he is an old head with experience that the likes of Tymon would benefit by playing alongside him.
Login to get fewer ads

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Updated interview on 16:13 - Aug 30 with 2134 viewsonehunglow

Never going to happen.

Keith,me ol mucker ,if he takes us down,the cost will be greater
Maybe,Lukecwill get cheesed off and leave for a bigger club .
Yeah baby

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 17:33 - Aug 30 with 2066 viewsRichardO

Franco, Cooper in the midfield with either Eom or Abdulai as the number 10 the other out wide with Ronald on the left
The fullback Key and Tymon playing as fullbacks getting forward when they can but making sure we are defensively secure, would even play the left footed Pedersen on the left central defence with either Darling or Cabango, Cullen up top.
Time for a change either get Grimes out of the defence or our of the starting line up.He has been coasting make him fight for his place.
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 17:48 - Aug 30 with 2049 viewsraynor94

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 17:33 - Aug 30 by RichardO

Franco, Cooper in the midfield with either Eom or Abdulai as the number 10 the other out wide with Ronald on the left
The fullback Key and Tymon playing as fullbacks getting forward when they can but making sure we are defensively secure, would even play the left footed Pedersen on the left central defence with either Darling or Cabango, Cullen up top.
Time for a change either get Grimes out of the defence or our of the starting line up.He has been coasting make him fight for his place.

I can see Peart - Harris starting as number 10 tomorrow, more physical than Cooper or Eom

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 22:35 - Aug 30 with 1806 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 17:48 - Aug 30 by raynor94

I can see Peart - Harris starting as number 10 tomorrow, more physical than Cooper or Eom

He's only just arrived
That would mean Luket hasn't had time to coach him
I'd pick him
Wouldn't surprise me if we play well and get a draw which would make the last game capitulation worse

Football

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 07:41 - Aug 31 with 1718 viewsWhiterockin

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 22:35 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

He's only just arrived
That would mean Luket hasn't had time to coach him
I'd pick him
Wouldn't surprise me if we play well and get a draw which would make the last game capitulation worse

Football

If he hasn't had time to coach him he should play well.
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 08:56 - Aug 31 with 1656 viewscockett_jack

Off to this one. Any idea how many we are taking up?
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 10:44 - Aug 31 with 1553 viewsRichardO

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 17:48 - Aug 30 by raynor94

Cooper has put a bit of weight on to help the physical natue of his game and against PNE he was instrumental in two of the goals getting in the box in support of the wingers from the middle of the park.
At the moment the likes of Fulton aren't getting anywhere near the standard of his midfield play, if Franco doesn't start I would play Allen with Cooper.
How the team is sets up to counter the opposition formation is paramount, it was a cruise through the PNE and the first half of the Cardiff game would we have liked more incisive play yes but the second half of the Cardiff game and the whole Wycombe game we didn't counter or match their formation, how Luke wants the team to play and how he sets up the team to outplay the opposition are two different things.
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 11:26 - Aug 31 with 1453 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City face West Bromwich Albion away at the Hawthorns this afternoon in a traditional 3pm Saturday kick off. It’s a great trip for Swans fans, not that far away by comparison to other away days, and a very large away support will be there. 0

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 11:27 - Aug 31 with 1450 viewsKeithHaynes

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 11:49 - Aug 31 with 1401 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : pub guide Inc on 10:44 - Aug 31 by RichardO

Cooper has put a bit of weight on to help the physical natue of his game and against PNE he was instrumental in two of the goals getting in the box in support of the wingers from the middle of the park.
At the moment the likes of Fulton aren't getting anywhere near the standard of his midfield play, if Franco doesn't start I would play Allen with Cooper.
How the team is sets up to counter the opposition formation is paramount, it was a cruise through the PNE and the first half of the Cardiff game would we have liked more incisive play yes but the second half of the Cardiff game and the whole Wycombe game we didn't counter or match their formation, how Luke wants the team to play and how he sets up the team to outplay the opposition are two different things.

Coach put team Rich

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:00 - Aug 31 with 1205 viewsTummer_from_Texas

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:02 - Aug 31 with 1192 viewsKeithHaynes

West Bromwich Albion: Alex Palmer, Darnell Furlong, Kyle Bartley, Sami Ajayi, Jayson Molumby, Josh Maja, John Swift, Torbjorn Heggem, Karlan Grant, Alex Mowatt, Tom Fellows.

Substitutes: Joe Wildsmith, Callum Styles, Jed Wallace, Ousmane Diakite, Lewis Dobbin, Uros Racic, Paddy McNair, Gianluca Frabbota, Devante Cole.

Swansea City: Lawrence Vigouroux; Josh Key, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Josh Tymon; Matt Grimes (captain), Gonçalo Franco, Ollie Cooper; Jisung Eom, Žan Vipotnik, Ronald.

Substitutes: Jon McLaughlin, Kristian Pedersen, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Florian Bianchini, Myles Peart-Harris, Kyle Naughton, Nelson Abbey, Azeem Abdulai.

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:13 - Aug 31 with 1065 viewsTummer_from_Texas

No complaints about the XI but I'd like to see Cullen on the bench at least. We really need a breakout game from Vip.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:15 - Aug 31 with 1041 viewshobo

Must be injured
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:17 - Aug 31 with 1025 viewsRichardO

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:13 - Aug 31 by Tummer_from_Texas

No complaints about the XI but I'd like to see Cullen on the bench at least. We really need a breakout game from Vip.

Injured? Took a knock when he came on and seemed trou led by it laterin the Wycombe game.
WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:20 - Aug 31 with 982 viewsKeithHaynes

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:17 - Aug 31 by RichardO

Injured? Took a knock when he came on and seemed trou led by it laterin the Wycombe game.

That came from out of the blue. Scuse the pun.

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:21 - Aug 31 with 966 viewsonehunglow

WBA v Swansea City : Match day thread : Pre Match on 14:17 - Aug 31 by RichardO

Hopefully,that is the reason.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024