Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oasis 14:35 - Aug 26 with 1643 views1983

Is it happening or just more nonsense?

Oasis on 08:19 - Aug 27 with 1393 views1983

Oasis on 13:56 - Aug 27 with 1309 viewscontroversial_jack

Can;t stand them! Very overrated
Oasis on 14:09 - Aug 27 with 1318 viewsonehunglow

Oasis on 13:56 - Aug 27 by controversial_jack

Can;t stand them! Very overrated

Hell,it’s hard to disagree with that .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oasis on 16:17 - Sep 1 with 1151 viewsSullutaCreturned

Looking at how ticket sales are being handled, I'd say there's a lot more nonsense to come.
Oasis on 16:48 - Sep 1 with 1135 viewsDaPs166

I don’t understand the big fuss.

Big band going on tour for the first time in over a decade. I get that bit.

But the huge media hype and people moaning about tickets I don’t understand.

If you’re lucky you’ll get a ticket. If not you’ll have to buy them on the secondary market for more money.

Either go or don’t. I wish people would stop fvcking moaning at everything in life. Why can’t people just be happy for once!?
Oasis on 17:33 - Sep 1 with 1095 viewsonehunglow

Oasis on 16:48 - Sep 1 by DaPs166

If you’re lucky you’ll get a ticket. If not you’ll have to buy them on the secondary market for more money.

Either go or don’t. I wish people would stop fvcking moaning at everything in life. Why can’t people just be happy for once!?

Thought we were in a financial crisis with people struggling to keep a roof over their head
Folk at food banks
Yet, they are willing to pay 1000 quid for a couple of tickets to see two grumpy crackheads sing out of tune and snarl at those who put even more money into their pockets

Oasis on 18:10 - Sep 1 with 1085 viewsGwyn737

I was lucky enough to get a ticket.

I’ve kept pretty quiet about as whenever it gets mentioned there are those who don’t care about it so much they can’t wait to tell you.
Oasis on 19:03 - Sep 1 with 1054 viewsDaPs166

Oasis on 17:33 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

Thought we were in a financial crisis with people struggling to keep a roof over their head
Folk at food banks
Yet, they are willing to pay 1000 quid for a couple of tickets to see two grumpy crackheads sing out of tune and snarl at those who put even more money into their pockets

I much preferred Depeche Mode in their most decent tour anyway.

Oasis have good songs and they give 90s nostalgia, but they’re not transformative like DM. They’re not exactly original sounding and They’re also a couple of unlikeable pink pickled ships paint.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Oasis on 19:32 - Sep 1 with 1019 viewsonehunglow

Oasis on 19:03 - Sep 1 by DaPs166

Oasis have good songs and they give 90s nostalgia, but they’re not transformative like DM. They’re not exactly original sounding and They’re also a couple of unlikeable pink pickled ships paint.

Yep.
I was Icicle Works
Now,Ian Macnabb still churning out brilliant music
He’s been in Cardiff too.

Oasis on 21:05 - Sep 1 with 985 viewsmajorraglan

Not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

I’d love to see bands take the moral high ground and insist on ID to buy tickets and that the designated person is the only person that can use them, it would sort out the ripping off of fans by bots and shysters.
Oasis on 21:13 - Sep 1 with 966 viewsDaPs166

Oasis on 21:05 - Sep 1 by majorraglan

Not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

I’d love to see bands take the moral high ground and insist on ID to buy tickets and that the designated person is the only person that can use them, it would sort out the ripping off of fans by bots and shysters.

Don’t know if that’s feasible for huge audiences.
Oasis on 22:05 - Sep 1 with 950 viewsScotia

Oasis on 21:13 - Sep 1 by DaPs166

Don’t know if that’s feasible for huge audiences.

Glastonbury manage it with registration and photos on the tickets.

I think the bottom line is that bands don't really care, no matter what they say about resellers, they get their fee regardless.
Oasis on 22:21 - Sep 1 with 944 viewshowenjack

Don't know about Oasis ....... but right now Iam watching some seriously heavy duty guitar playing on sky arts channel 36 featuring Mick Fleetwood and friends tribute to the late Peter Green.
Oasis on 06:26 - Sep 2 with 870 views1983

Oasis on 16:48 - Sep 1 by DaPs166

Someone's tired?

Oasis on 08:35 - Sep 2 with 825 viewsonehunglow

Oasis on 22:21 - Sep 1 by howenjack

Don't know about Oasis ....... but right now Iam watching some seriously heavy duty guitar playing on sky arts channel 36 featuring Mick Fleetwood and friends tribute to the late Peter Green.

Saw that advertised
Then forgot to record

Oasis on 14:54 - Sep 2 with 775 viewsDaPs166

Oasis on 22:05 - Sep 1 by Scotia

Glastonbury manage it with registration and photos on the tickets.

I think the bottom line is that bands don't really care, no matter what they say about resellers, they get their fee regardless.

Interesting. I didn’t know that.

It’s more expensive to do that so I suppose the bands would rather pocket the profits than spend it on stopping resales. Goes to show that any band saying they’re against it are billy bullsh!tters
Oasis on 16:25 - Sep 2 with 720 viewsonehunglow

Oasis on 14:54 - Sep 2 by DaPs166

Interesting. I didn’t know that.

It’s more expensive to do that so I suppose the bands would rather pocket the profits than spend it on stopping resales. Goes to show that any band saying they’re against it are billy bullsh!tters

Like most of the “ working class” who make it big,they wouldn’t p on the masses without a mega pay out
As greedy as the posh/ public school boys

In contrast ,Coldplay share all royalties even if it’s only Chris Martin that writes the song

Oasis on 21:28 - Sep 2 with 674 viewsThrasher6

Good to see the Labour Party actually taking action on this....and looking to deal with it.
What would the Tories do?
Say nothing. Do nothing.
Join in the free for all and try and make a quick buck.
Glad to see this govt is tackling issues as they see them. ...and what the public wants
[Post edited 2 Sep 21:30]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Oasis on 00:13 - Sep 3 with 638 viewsKeithHaynes

Oasis on 21:28 - Sep 2 by Thrasher6

Good to see the Labour Party actually taking action on this....and looking to deal with it.
What would the Tories do?
Say nothing. Do nothing.
Join in the free for all and try and make a quick buck.
Glad to see this govt is tackling issues as they see them. ...and what the public wants
[Post edited 2 Sep 21:30]

I’m still waiting for a one off show where properly recognised people on low incomes, registered homeless and similar get a £2 ticket for the night.

‘Working class zero’s’

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oasis on 15:29 - Sep 3 with 550 views1983

Oasis the last massive band to exist well done to them they could double those dates and people would still struggle with getting tickets.

Some interesting comments on here yet another example of working class people hating working class people for doing well. All the middle class wannabes will be there waving there champagne glasses with coke hanging our of thier noses. I hope they make millions & millions and blow it all again on family, ex wives, booze, & drugs. As Noel & Liam were once asked why can't you drive? They answered we don't need to drive....people drive us.

Oasis on 20:15 - Sep 3 with 496 viewsDaPs166

Oasis on 15:29 - Sep 3 by 1983

Oasis the last massive band to exist well done to them they could double those dates and people would still struggle with getting tickets.

Some interesting comments on here yet another example of working class people hating working class people for doing well. All the middle class wannabes will be there waving there champagne glasses with coke hanging our of thier noses. I hope they make millions & millions and blow it all again on family, ex wives, booze, & drugs. As Noel & Liam were once asked why can't you drive? They answered we don't need to drive....people drive us.

Last massive band? What hole have you crawled out of to think that!? 😅
Oasis on 23:05 - Sep 3 with 462 viewsBoundy

Oasis on 19:03 - Sep 1 by DaPs166

Depeche Mode then and now would and did put on a better gig. Although Champagne Supernova was a favourite karaoke of mine , ( the only two songs I could remotely sing the words to although strangely enough the other being Enjoy the Silence )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Oasis on 09:33 - Sep 4 with 402 views1983

Oasis on 20:15 - Sep 3 by DaPs166

Last massive band? What hole have you crawled out of to think that!? 😅

Ticket sales say different ?

What massive band has there been since Oasis?

Oasis on 09:53 - Sep 4 with 372 viewsonehunglow

I’d say the Foo Fighters fit that bill.
Serious musicians, a frontman in the true sense of the word that doesn’t insult those who pay good money to see them.
Great songs and sound
Better and more albums
They blow Oasis out of the musical spectrum

Oasis on 11:44 - Sep 4 with 348 viewsKeithHaynes

Oasis on 09:33 - Sep 4 by 1983

Ticket sales say different ?

What massive band has there been since Oasis?

In Britain that whole Manchester / London thing seemed to be popular, Blur have relegated themselves to a bit part player, whilst Oasis have come out clear winners. We should never confuse popularity though, or the general populous following what they are told to like and do with quality.

Today’s generica kids, as has been for the last twenty five years dictated by everyone wearing cheap sports gear and trends with smacking their lips to some dull tune is now the answer. There are hundreds of good alternative bands out there. The competition isn’t there though, good for us older punk bands, the crowds just get bigger as there’s very little out there.

If you are looking for the next Iron Maiden, Pistols or Motörhead it’s already been done, and far more successfully than even Oasis. What comes next ? Oh I forgot the Clash, the future is unwritten.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024