Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tourists go home . 09:29 - Jul 23 with 2644 viewsonehunglow

Well,should we.
Should we leave them alone to get on with their lives without our money .
They could then afford the housing they can’t now.
Yeah,stay at home .
Yeah baby

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tourists go home . on 10:08 - Jul 23 with 1359 viewssw02sea

It’s only a matter of time before they either raise or introduce a tourist tax, to any Spanish country.
If the locals can’t afford to live in their own country, that’s a recipe for political suicide.
Tourists go home . on 10:10 - Jul 23 with 1354 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 10:08 - Jul 23 by sw02sea

It’s only a matter of time before they either raise or introduce a tourist tax, to any Spanish country.
If the locals can’t afford to live in their own country, that’s a recipe for political suicide.

Thanks
Without tourists however ,they have no economy .
Not everyone in Tenerife can have an Orange grove.
If they do ,then they need a market to sell their wares

Chuck in restaurants,cafes ,hotels jobs and there you have it .

Tourists go home . on 10:14 - Jul 23 with 1350 viewsWhiterockin

Tourists go home . on 10:10 - Jul 23 by onehunglow

Thanks
Without tourists however ,they have no economy .
Not everyone in Tenerife can have an Orange grove.
If they do ,then they need a market to sell their wares

Chuck in restaurants,cafes ,hotels jobs and there you have it .

They will go back to being starving peasants as they were before tourists. Can't afford a house, they won't be able to afford to eat. Short memories on some, pure idealism for others. There has to be a balance.
Tourists go home . on 10:22 - Jul 23 with 1339 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 10:14 - Jul 23 by Whiterockin

They will go back to being starving peasants as they were before tourists. Can't afford a house, they won't be able to afford to eat. Short memories on some, pure idealism for others. There has to be a balance.

In Franco times Spain was divided shockingly and dirt poor.
Francis death saw tourism boom,as religious intolerance of the bikini became less profound and ladies were given more freedom .
Spain,like it or not, outside the biggest cities needs tourists .millions of jobs gone overnight. Covid should have been a portent of what it would be like without tourists . Greeks appreciate tourists more ,clearly . The country was bankrupt and needed them back
Spain is on a hiding to nothing

Tourists go home . on 10:40 - Jul 23 with 1315 viewsBoundy

Tourist tax already exists in Spain ,coming to Wales shortly .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tourists go home . on 10:49 - Jul 23 with 1299 viewsraynor94

You have tourist tax in Greece, and it's only a few euros a night.

Speaking from experience of many years, I find the Greeks far more welcoming than the Spanish.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tourists go home . on 11:24 - Jul 23 with 1255 viewsbuilthjack

Tourists go home . on 10:49 - Jul 23 by raynor94

Speaking from experience of many years, I find the Greeks far more welcoming than the Spanish.

Tourist tax is already in place in most of Europe.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tourists go home . on 12:47 - Jul 23 with 1239 viewssw02sea

That why I said raise it (or introduce it)
Keep up.
Login to get fewer ads

Tourists go home . on 13:23 - Jul 23 with 1229 viewsonehunglow

I now
They are lovely people

Tourists go home . on 13:30 - Jul 23 with 1214 viewsunion_jack

We must understand that the locals are concerned with OVERtourism not tourism itself.

I don’t think they have an issue with the Magaluf crowd (I would!) but more the purchasing if hoses to rent out to tourists making buying properties out of range financially.

It’s understandable.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Tourists go home . on 13:43 - Jul 23 with 1208 viewsReslovenSwan1

Tourists go home . on 10:40 - Jul 23 by Boundy

Tourist tax already exists in Spain ,coming to Wales shortly .

Yes I paid it in the Balearics for sure. They called it an " environment protection tax".

I had no objections. If Wales do it gave jo objection either if It funded to environmental protection causes.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Tourists go home . on 15:41 - Jul 23 with 1153 viewsBoundy

Tourists go home . on 13:43 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes I paid it in the Balearics for sure. They called it an " environment protection tax".

I had no objections. If Wales do it gave jo objection either if It funded to environmental protection causes.

What environmental protection causes would they be ?

Tourists go home . on 16:13 - Jul 23 with 1134 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 15:41 - Jul 23 by Boundy

What environmental protection causes would they be ?

Looking at the horrific advertisement hoardings in Spain,not much

Tourists go home . on 18:30 - Jul 23 with 1076 viewsSullutaCreturned

yeah us too, we went to Northern Spain and the difference in Greece was palpable. Much friendlier, nicer, more helpful.
Tourists go home . on 18:46 - Jul 23 with 1049 viewsFlashberryjack

Tourists go home . on 18:30 - Jul 23 by SullutaCreturned

yeah us too, we went to Northern Spain and the difference in Greece was palpable. Much friendlier, nicer, more helpful.

Haven't been to Spain for years, prefer to go to counties with a better service at restaurants and hotels.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tourists go home . on 20:15 - Jul 23 with 978 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 18:46 - Jul 23 by Flashberryjack

Haven't been to Spain for years, prefer to go to counties with a better service at restaurants and hotels.

The prevailing attitude in Spain,imo,is similar to Caribbean
ThecFrench are actually more engaging

Tourists go home . on 20:22 - Jul 23 with 977 viewsmajorraglan

Tourists go home . on 13:43 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I was in the Balearics last week and we didn’t experience any animosity towards tourists, in fact the Spanish we spoke to were all very welcoming and friendly. I happened to look in an estate agents window while we were there and property prices in the place we were staying were very high, so 8 can see why the young are aggrieved.

There is a tourist tax and what you pay varies on where you stay. It starts at €1 per person per night for camping and Lodi g and goes up to €4 pppn for your top end luxury hotel. Most tourists will pay €2 or €3 euros pppn which is around the price of a pint.

Many parts of Europe now charge and the WG was looking to do something similar, whether it still intends to I have no idea.

The young people of Majorca face exactly the same problems as the youngsters in Cornwall, Devon, Norfolk, Gwynedd, Pembrokeshire and many other places - they are priced off the property market.

A sensible balance striking a compromise between the needs of all parties is what’s required, whether that can be achieved though I’m not sure.
Tourists go home . on 09:54 - Jul 24 with 825 viewscontroversial_jack

It's all they have to do is put a ban on foreigners buying property there
Tourists go home . on 22:34 - Jul 24 with 756 viewsmajorraglan

Tourists go home . on 09:54 - Jul 24 by controversial_jack

It's all they have to do is put a ban on foreigners buying property there

Not sure they can do that, there is EU legislation in existence which safeguards the right of EU citizens to move capital around and make investments, they could if they wanted to stop non eu citizens buying property, but not your Germans, French, Dutch etc.
Tourists go home . on 22:41 - Jul 24 with 733 viewsbuilthjack

Tourists go home . on 20:22 - Jul 23 by majorraglan

I was in the Balearics last week and we didn’t experience any animosity towards tourists, in fact the Spanish we spoke to were all very welcoming and friendly. I happened to look in an estate agents window while we were there and property prices in the place we were staying were very high, so 8 can see why the young are aggrieved.

There is a tourist tax and what you pay varies on where you stay. It starts at €1 per person per night for camping and Lodi g and goes up to €4 pppn for your top end luxury hotel. Most tourists will pay €2 or €3 euros pppn which is around the price of a pint.

Many parts of Europe now charge and the WG was looking to do something similar, whether it still intends to I have no idea.

The young people of Majorca face exactly the same problems as the youngsters in Cornwall, Devon, Norfolk, Gwynedd, Pembrokeshire and many other places - they are priced off the property market.

A sensible balance striking a compromise between the needs of all parties is what’s required, whether that can be achieved though I’m not sure.

Most youngsters can’t buy a house in my area as they are too expensive. Caused by older English folk moving in from southern England. I can’t blame the English oldies as they get to live in a lovely area. But do feel sorry for youngsters having to pay stupid rent prices with no chance of ever owning unless they are given or left money, or win the football pools.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tourists go home . on 08:55 - Jul 25 with 681 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Tourists go home . on 22:41 - Jul 24 by builthjack

Most youngsters can’t buy a house in my area as they are too expensive. Caused by older English folk moving in from southern England. I can’t blame the English oldies as they get to live in a lovely area. But do feel sorry for youngsters having to pay stupid rent prices with no chance of ever owning unless they are given or left money, or win the football pools.

Of course no Welshman ever goes on holiday to anywhere in England or Scotland.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tourists go home . on 08:58 - Jul 25 with 680 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 08:55 - Jul 25 by felixstowe_jack

Of course no Welshman ever goes on holiday to anywhere in England or Scotland.

The A55 is all the evidence you need Felix.
Westbound traffic goes to spend ,eastbound goes to earn

Tourists go home . on 10:26 - Jul 25 with 633 viewsKeithHaynes

Tourists go home . on 18:46 - Jul 23 by Flashberryjack

It can be hit and miss, but outside of the tourist spots it’s ok. Just the overall attitude is very poor.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Tourists go home . on 10:32 - Jul 25 with 629 viewsonehunglow

Tourists go home . on 10:26 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

It can be hit and miss, but outside of the tourist spots it’s ok. Just the overall attitude is very poor.

Greeks are good Keith but paying separately fir air con is cheeky

Tourists go home . on 10:47 - Jul 25 with 612 viewsBoundy

Tourists go home . on 22:41 - Jul 24 by builthjack

It's not exclusive ,it's quite noticeable in Swansea that a lot ( as did in the late 80s) have moved this way ,for a number of reasons of which I can't blame them .

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024