Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paris 2024 06:38 - Jul 22 with 11095 viewsWhiterockin

The Welsh athletes going representing team GB. An excellent effort, congratulations to all.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c728vj7vyl7o
Paris 2024 on 06:46 - Jul 22 with 2303 viewsDr_Winston

Can't wait. Love the Olympics and will be watching as much of it as I can.

Be a hell of an achievement for Team GB to beat Tokyo's medal tally, but I said that about Rio too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paris 2024 on 07:04 - Jul 22 with 2309 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 06:46 - Jul 22 by Dr_Winston

Can't wait. Love the Olympics and will be watching as much of it as I can.

Be a hell of an achievement for Team GB to beat Tokyo's medal tally, but I said that about Rio too.

Team GB have some excellent medal prospects.
Paris 2024 on 09:41 - Jul 22 with 2194 viewscontroversial_jack

After the boring Euros i'm looking forward to the Olympics
Paris 2024 on 10:02 - Jul 22 with 2245 viewsonehunglow

Paris 2024 on 07:04 - Jul 22 by Whiterockin

Team GB have some excellent medal prospects.

Looking forward to seeing Peaty again.An animal in water
Tom Daley …another Olympics too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Paris 2024 on 12:13 - Jul 22 with 2208 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 10:02 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

Looking forward to seeing Peaty again.An animal in water
Tom Daley …another Olympics too

I remember Peaty coming through the young British age groups, he has always been quality. This year watch out for Matt Richards in the pool, Welsh through his father, he will win the most British medals in the pool IMO, sticking my neck out a bit there.
Paris 2024 on 13:12 - Jul 22 with 2174 viewsonehunglow

Paris 2024 on 12:13 - Jul 22 by Whiterockin

I remember Peaty coming through the young British age groups, he has always been quality. This year watch out for Matt Richards in the pool, Welsh through his father, he will win the most British medals in the pool IMO, sticking my neck out a bit there.

Yeah,I read about Richards
These guys don’t “swim” as we know it

Paris 2024 on 15:35 - Jul 22 with 2062 viewscontroversial_jack

Paris 2024 on 13:12 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

Yeah,I read about Richards
These guys don’t “swim” as we know it

Most don't know how to swim correctly. Swimming is a very technical sport indeed. These top swimmers have mastered techniques from years of beating up and down a pool. Having the correct physique also enables great buoyancy too. A 6 ft 3 male with long legs will be more buoyant than someone at 5 ft 6 and short legs.
Paris 2024 on 16:34 - Jul 22 with 2085 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 15:35 - Jul 22 by controversial_jack

Most don't know how to swim correctly. Swimming is a very technical sport indeed. These top swimmers have mastered techniques from years of beating up and down a pool. Having the correct physique also enables great buoyancy too. A 6 ft 3 male with long legs will be more buoyant than someone at 5 ft 6 and short legs.

Although technique is important the size of your feet plays a massive advantage.Thorpe has size 17 and I think Phelps was about a 14. Anyone who swims competitively knows the benefits of training with flippers.
Login to get fewer ads

Paris 2024 on 16:54 - Jul 22 with 2009 viewscontroversial_jack

Paris 2024 on 16:34 - Jul 22 by Whiterockin

Although technique is important the size of your feet plays a massive advantage.Thorpe has size 17 and I think Phelps was about a 14. Anyone who swims competitively knows the benefits of training with flippers.

Technique is extremely important, that's why the average person can't do it very well. There are many good club swimmers who don't have massive feet and females too. Short legs are a disadvantage as the upper leg is shorter than the lower one, so you get short levers acting on longer ones, which really should be the opposite. it's not so important however with the breaststroke frog kick, which is the main driving force of this stroke rather than the arms

Yes, training with fins help, but it's more for the buoyancy it gives you rather than the power, but you have a point about large feet
Paris 2024 on 18:14 - Jul 22 with 2043 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 16:54 - Jul 22 by controversial_jack

Technique is extremely important, that's why the average person can't do it very well. There are many good club swimmers who don't have massive feet and females too. Short legs are a disadvantage as the upper leg is shorter than the lower one, so you get short levers acting on longer ones, which really should be the opposite. it's not so important however with the breaststroke frog kick, which is the main driving force of this stroke rather than the arms

Yes, training with fins help, but it's more for the buoyancy it gives you rather than the power, but you have a point about large feet

I'm not getting into a discussion with you on swimming training and technique. I really do know what I am talking about. I'm out.
Paris 2024 on 21:25 - Jul 22 with 1936 viewscontroversial_jack

Paris 2024 on 18:14 - Jul 22 by Whiterockin

I'm not getting into a discussion with you on swimming training and technique. I really do know what I am talking about. I'm out.

I do too, that's why i posted
Paris 2024 on 16:27 - Jul 23 with 1933 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Bejing Winter Olympics ended on 22 February 2022.

The tanks invaded Ukraine on the following Monday 5 am on 24 February 2022. The IOC and Mr Putin came to an agreement. Well over 1 million dead so far including thousands of children. On the other hand the ice skating was great and Princes Anne had a marvellous time.

Enjoy the bullsh1t "doves of peace" ( symbolising the crass hypocrisy of this dodgy wastefest) each Team GB medal costs £12m which is the losses of Rhoose airport for three years.

Vomit bag at the ready here in my wooden camp above Resolven.
[Post edited 23 Jul 16:44]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Paris 2024 on 16:58 - Jul 23 with 1889 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 16:27 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

The Bejing Winter Olympics ended on 22 February 2022.

The tanks invaded Ukraine on the following Monday 5 am on 24 February 2022. The IOC and Mr Putin came to an agreement. Well over 1 million dead so far including thousands of children. On the other hand the ice skating was great and Princes Anne had a marvellous time.

Enjoy the bullsh1t "doves of peace" ( symbolising the crass hypocrisy of this dodgy wastefest) each Team GB medal costs £12m which is the losses of Rhoose airport for three years.

Vomit bag at the ready here in my wooden camp above Resolven.
[Post edited 23 Jul 16:44]

You could always go to Rhoose and watch the planes take off instead of the Olympics like the rest of us. That's if you ever venture out of the back of beyond.
Paris 2024 on 17:49 - Jul 23 with 1867 viewsReslovenSwan1

Paris 2024 on 16:58 - Jul 23 by Whiterockin

You could always go to Rhoose and watch the planes take off instead of the Olympics like the rest of us. That's if you ever venture out of the back of beyond.

I quite like the cycling and male boxing. The rest is about as interesting to me as seeing planes taking off actually.

IOC is not a charity. It is a business that wants taxpayer cash support. Governments must guarantee the event is profitable. Thank god there is no Team GB football team men for women
[Post edited 23 Jul 17:53]

Paris 2024 on 18:08 - Jul 23 with 1844 viewsBoundy

Paris 2024 on 21:25 - Jul 22 by controversial_jack

I do too, that's why i posted

Now thats an interesting concept.Just what makes you the expert on this but not other subjects of which you plainly know little about other than copying and pasting .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Paris 2024 on 18:22 - Jul 23 with 1842 viewsReslovenSwan1

Every Team GB medal takes up £12m. Charlotte Durjardin was in the individual and team events so that is lost

https://news.sky.com/story/charlotte-dujardin-pulls-out-of-paris-olympics-over-v

Who ever outed her for a 4 year old video timed their hatchet job perfectly to waste all the investments put into her and her team. I wonder who they were?

The video was sent to the equestrian controlling body to cause maximum damage. An animals rights group presumably..

Paris 2024 on 09:00 - Jul 24 with 1775 viewsonehunglow

A British football team should already ,by now,be a spaple event for us
Madness it isn’t

Paris 2024 on 13:11 - Jul 24 with 1738 viewsGwyn737

Paris 2024 on 09:00 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

A British football team should already ,by now,be a spaple event for us
Madness it isn’t

I don’t want to see a GB football team at the Olympics.

Not specifically football, but I don’t think any event where the Games isn’t the pinnacle should be there.

See also golf, tennis etc.
Paris 2024 on 13:21 - Jul 24 with 1711 viewsDr_Winston

Paris 2024 on 13:11 - Jul 24 by Gwyn737

I don’t want to see a GB football team at the Olympics.

Not specifically football, but I don’t think any event where the Games isn’t the pinnacle should be there.

See also golf, tennis etc.

Agree with this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paris 2024 on 14:24 - Jul 24 with 1711 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Paris 2024 on 15:35 - Jul 22 by controversial_jack

More buoyant? No you’re barking up the wrong tree there. The bigger male will be able to displace more water as he has more power and can create more torque. But that’s nothing to do with buoyancy. A newborn baby or a fat person would be far more buoyant than any professional swimmer. The only advantage the bigger guy would have in terms of buoyancy is he’s likely to have bigger lungs.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Paris 2024 on 14:30 - Jul 24 with 1708 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Traditionally of course the competitors in the olympics competed in the nude which would probably increase viewing figures for certain events as long as they don’t make sumo wrestling an Olympic sport.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Paris 2024 on 14:38 - Jul 24 with 1638 viewstrampie

Should Dujardin be banned ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Paris 2024 on 17:09 - Jul 24 with 1640 viewsWhiterockin

It seems strange, although it has been the practice for a number of years, to have events taking place before the opening ceremony.
Paris 2024 on 17:17 - Jul 24 with 1554 viewstrampie

Why don't they just say it starts today.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Paris 2024 on 17:40 - Jul 24 with 1530 viewscontroversial_jack

Paris 2024 on 14:24 - Jul 24 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

More buoyant? No you’re barking up the wrong tree there. The bigger male will be able to displace more water as he has more power and can create more torque. But that’s nothing to do with buoyancy. A newborn baby or a fat person would be far more buoyant than any professional swimmer. The only advantage the bigger guy would have in terms of buoyancy is he’s likely to have bigger lungs.

A taller person will be able to adopt a better position in the water than will a short one.A long surfboard will be more effective than a short bodyboard. It's about the position in the water. It's not just about bobbing around as a fat person would it's streamlining , which a taller person will be better at.. Ships, aircraft, subs are all long streamlined vehicles. they aren't short fat things
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024