Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paris 2024 06:38 - Jul 22 with 11927 viewsWhiterockin

The Welsh athletes going representing team GB. An excellent effort, congratulations to all.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c728vj7vyl7o
Paris 2024 on 12:03 - Aug 7 with 813 viewshowenjack

Anyone watching the speed climbing ?
If you get a chance watch it , they make spiderman look slow.
Paris 2024 on 12:06 - Aug 7 with 799 viewsraynor94

George Mills following his father Danny, looked like he was going to thump the Frenchman who caused him to fall

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Paris 2024 on 13:10 - Aug 7 with 762 viewsFlashberryjack

Paris 2024 on 12:03 - Aug 7 by howenjack

Watched a bit of it, absolute rubbish IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Paris 2024 on 13:20 - Aug 7 with 754 viewsonehunglow

Paris 2024 on 13:10 - Aug 7 by Flashberryjack

Watched a bit of it, absolute rubbish IMO.

Naked Chess ,that’s worth a watch

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Paris 2024 on 16:23 - Aug 7 with 734 viewstheloneranger

Another British boxer Lewis Richardson robbed of a win last night - and how the orange and marble giants was his opponent Verde allowed paper stitches on a cut eye??

Richardson is the only GB boxer to win a medal (bronze).

This post has been edited by an administrator

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Paris 2024 on 16:50 - Aug 7 with 707 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Paris 2024 on 12:03 - Aug 7 by howenjack

Ahh but what about Batman?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Paris 2024 on 16:59 - Aug 7 with 702 viewsonehunglow

Paris 2024 on 16:23 - Aug 7 by theloneranger

Another British boxer Lewis Richardson robbed of a win last night - and how the orange and marble giants was his opponent Verde allowed paper stitches on a cut eye??

Good point
Sinister

Paris 2024 on 17:33 - Aug 7 with 677 viewscontroversial_jack

Paris 2024 on 16:23 - Aug 7 by theloneranger

I think it was the correct decision
Login to get fewer ads

Paris 2024 on 20:39 - Aug 7 with 624 viewstheloneranger

Paris 2024 on 17:33 - Aug 7 by controversial_jack

I think it was the correct decision

You believe the judges were correct with a 5-0 for Verde in round 3??

Plus the paper stitches on Verde's left eye??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Paris 2024 on 07:11 - Aug 8 with 558 viewsDr_Winston

It's highly likely that boxing won't be part of the 2028 programme, which is both a shame and a relief. A shame because it's a "classic" Olympic sport with roots going back Millennia, and a relief because the judging in this, and previous games, has been shambolic. That's without going into the whole gender nonsense.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paris 2024 on 09:05 - Aug 8 with 520 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 07:11 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

It's highly likely that boxing won't be part of the 2028 programme, which is both a shame and a relief. A shame because it's a "classic" Olympic sport with roots going back Millennia, and a relief because the judging in this, and previous games, has been shambolic. That's without going into the whole gender nonsense.

I not sure if you are aware that Eurosport have 7 different channels during the Olympics showing different live sports. Apologies I should have mentioned earlier.
[Post edited 8 Aug 9:06]
Paris 2024 on 10:19 - Aug 8 with 477 viewscontroversial_jack

Paris 2024 on 20:39 - Aug 7 by theloneranger

You believe the judges were correct with a 5-0 for Verde in round 3??

Plus the paper stitches on Verde's left eye??

It was close, but yes. Verde's workrate was also greater and he looked the better boxer
Paris 2024 on 11:35 - Aug 8 with 437 viewsDr_Winston

Paris 2024 on 09:05 - Aug 8 by Whiterockin

I not sure if you are aware that Eurosport have 7 different channels during the Olympics showing different live sports. Apologies I should have mentioned earlier.
[Post edited 8 Aug 9:06]

Yeah, would have been worth the fiver a month.

Jade Jones knocked out in the first round. Shame for her but two golds is a helluva return overall.

Think I'll stick with my prediction of a Gold medal score somewhere between 16-19 which would still be a bloody good return. Lot of second places that maybe could/should have been firsts. Overall medal tally will probably be at the higher end of UK Sport expectations.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paris 2024 on 12:02 - Aug 8 with 432 viewsunion_jack

Paris 2024 on 11:35 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

Yeah, would have been worth the fiver a month.

Jade Jones knocked out in the first round. Shame for her but two golds is a helluva return overall.

Think I'll stick with my prediction of a Gold medal score somewhere between 16-19 which would still be a bloody good return. Lot of second places that maybe could/should have been firsts. Overall medal tally will probably be at the higher end of UK Sport expectations.

I just wanted to beat the **** Aussies but not looking good at the moment.😡

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Paris 2024 on 12:19 - Aug 8 with 416 viewsDr_Winston

Paris 2024 on 12:02 - Aug 8 by union_jack

They've had an excellent games in fairness to them.

We've been spoiled a bit by the run from London - Tokyo. Three consecutive Olympics with more than 20 Gold medals won in each. An unfathomable return in decades gone by. Our time will come again.

A few faces from games gone by like Jade Jones will move on, a few who have only just begun to demonstrate their talent like Hodgkinson and Finucane will dazzle us again.

I'm hoping to attend the Brisbane Olympics in 2032. Be wonderful to see a successful team there.

Paris 2024 on 12:28 - Aug 8 with 390 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 12:19 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

They've had an excellent games in fairness to them.

We've been spoiled a bit by the run from London - Tokyo. Three consecutive Olympics with more than 20 Gold medals won in each. An unfathomable return in decades gone by. Our time will come again.

A few faces from games gone by like Jade Jones will move on, a few who have only just begun to demonstrate their talent like Hodgkinson and Finucane will dazzle us again.

I'm hoping to attend the Brisbane Olympics in 2032. Be wonderful to see a successful team there.

I've been to a couple but only in Europe. What I will say is although being there you have incredible memories but you do miss a lot of the action and it is very, very expensive. Saying that watching at home Brisbane will be a real pain time wise.
Paris 2024 on 12:40 - Aug 8 with 370 viewsDr_Winston

Paris 2024 on 12:28 - Aug 8 by Whiterockin

I've been to a couple but only in Europe. What I will say is although being there you have incredible memories but you do miss a lot of the action and it is very, very expensive. Saying that watching at home Brisbane will be a real pain time wise.

Yeah. I plan to target a couple of events where GB are likely to be strong, plus a couple of fun ones just to soak up the atmosphere.

Intention is to spend six weeks in Aus/NZ as a real "Holiday of a lifetime money no object (within reason)" sort of thing whilst hopefully taking in some Olympics whilst the opportunity is there.

Paris 2024 on 12:44 - Aug 8 with 369 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I really enjoy watching the women’s beach volleyball. Their skill and perseverance are very impressive.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Paris 2024 on 12:51 - Aug 8 with 362 viewsDr_Winston

Paris 2024 on 12:44 - Aug 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I really enjoy watching the women’s beach volleyball. Their skill and perseverance are very impressive.

I can't even pretend to enjoy watching that for aesthetic reasons. It's a dull sport.

Paris 2024 on 12:54 - Aug 8 with 361 viewscontroversial_jack

Paris 2024 on 12:02 - Aug 8 by union_jack

They also have a population a third of ours and nowhere near the resources
Paris 2024 on 12:56 - Aug 8 with 354 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 12:44 - Aug 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I watch it for other reasons.
Paris 2024 on 13:22 - Aug 8 with 323 viewsonehunglow

Australia has of course the weather to encourage kids to get out in the open air and swim and play sport . Plenty of space too

Paris 2024 on 14:21 - Aug 8 with 300 viewsunion_jack

Paris 2024 on 13:22 - Aug 8 by onehunglow

Australia has of course the weather to encourage kids to get out in the open air and swim and play sport . Plenty of space too

It helps a lot more than some would think. Outdoors is a big part of their culture.

Paris 2024 on 14:56 - Aug 8 with 286 viewscontroversial_jack

Paris 2024 on 14:21 - Aug 8 by union_jack

It helps a lot more than some would think. Outdoors is a big part of their culture.

Aus has won golds in cycling, swimming, athletics, canoe, sailing, skateboarding, sailing, tennis. Quite varied really.
Paris 2024 on 15:09 - Aug 8 with 264 viewsunion_jack

Paris 2024 on 14:56 - Aug 8 by controversial_jack

Aus has won golds in cycling, swimming, athletics, canoe, sailing, skateboarding, sailing, tennis. Quite varied really.

All could be outdoor sports???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024