Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paris 2024 06:38 - Jul 22 with 11922 viewsWhiterockin

The Welsh athletes going representing team GB. An excellent effort, congratulations to all.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c728vj7vyl7o
Paris 2024 on 19:49 - Jul 29 with 805 viewsDr_Winston

We've been 4/100 of a second away from two Golds in the pool between Peaty and Richards.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paris 2024 on 19:50 - Jul 29 with 799 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 19:49 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

We've been 4/100 of a second away from two Golds in the pool between Peaty and Richards.

And one had covid.
Paris 2024 on 19:50 - Jul 29 with 798 viewsonehunglow

Paris 2024 on 19:49 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

Feel for him.very very tight margin
They don’t swim as we know it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Paris 2024 on 17:29 - Jul 30 with 718 viewsDr_Winston

3rd Gold for Team GB in the Mens Trap. Nathan Hales.

Managed to watch the second half of it. Very exciting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paris 2024 on 17:30 - Jul 30 with 717 viewsonehunglow

Paris 2024 on 17:29 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

3rd Gold for Team GB in the Mens Trap. Nathan Hales.

Managed to watch the second half of it. Very exciting.

Thanks

Paris 2024 on 17:47 - Jul 30 with 667 viewstrampie

Krejcikova wins again, ice pack on abs, blister on foot but she got through.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Paris 2024 on 21:28 - Jul 30 with 637 viewsDr_Winston

Second Gold of the day for Team GB. Mens 4x200m Freestyle relay defend their title.
[Post edited 30 Jul 21:28]

Paris 2024 on 21:47 - Jul 30 with 617 viewsDr_Winston

Nicely placed in the medals table, level on Golds with the US, who would have hoped for more by now. With a bit more luck we'd be on six after four days.

It'll be a miracle if we can match what we achieved in London and Rio, but getting close to Tokyo is possible. We're strong favourites in a lot of the rowing disciplines and track cycling usually provides a few too. Keely Hodkinson is strong favourite in the 800m.

Login to get fewer ads

Paris 2024 on 21:52 - Jul 30 with 614 viewsGwyn737

Paris 2024 on 21:47 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Nicely placed in the medals table, level on Golds with the US, who would have hoped for more by now. With a bit more luck we'd be on six after four days.

It'll be a miracle if we can match what we achieved in London and Rio, but getting close to Tokyo is possible. We're strong favourites in a lot of the rowing disciplines and track cycling usually provides a few too. Keely Hodkinson is strong favourite in the 800m.

Saw this earlier. Mere mortals trying to run at Hodgkinson’s pace:

Paris 2024 on 07:01 - Jul 31 with 575 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 21:47 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

In with a good chance in the BMX Freestyle as well.
Paris 2024 on 07:09 - Jul 31 with 572 viewsDr_Winston

Paris 2024 on 07:01 - Jul 31 by Whiterockin

In with a good chance in the BMX Freestyle as well.

One of the bosses in my office has a brother who competed in it. Think he was in the squad for Tokyo. She knows Kieran Reilly quite well. Was bouncing after his qualifying rounds. He's got a very good chance of Gold.

Getting shafted a couple of times in the Boxing won't help our cause. Olympic Amateur Boxing judges have been a shambles for years.
[Post edited 31 Jul 7:11]

Paris 2024 on 07:22 - Jul 31 with 546 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 07:09 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

One of the bosses in my office has a brother who competed in it. Think he was in the squad for Tokyo. She knows Kieran Reilly quite well. Was bouncing after his qualifying rounds. He's got a very good chance of Gold.

Getting shafted a couple of times in the Boxing won't help our cause. Olympic Amateur Boxing judges have been a shambles for years.
[Post edited 31 Jul 7:11]

We often pick up medals in events you don't automatically think of, Sky Brown in the skateboarding next week is an example and in with a shout.
Paris 2024 on 09:57 - Jul 31 with 507 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Saw an interesting stat. GB are the only country to win gold in every summer olympics.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Paris 2024 on 10:29 - Jul 31 with 492 viewsDr_Winston

Paris 2024 on 09:57 - Jul 31 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Saw an interesting stat. GB are the only country to win gold in every summer olympics.

The US would have done the same but botcotted the Moscow Olympics in 1980.

Paris 2024 on 11:30 - Jul 31 with 464 viewsWhiterockin

Perfect race by Yee, another Gold.
Paris 2024 on 11:33 - Jul 31 with 451 viewsDr_Winston

Paris 2024 on 11:30 - Jul 31 by Whiterockin

How the hell did he do that? Been hanging around with Tom Pidcock.

Paris 2024 on 11:41 - Jul 31 with 439 viewsraynor94

Paris 2024 on 11:30 - Jul 31 by Whiterockin

Totally unbelievable, superhuman

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Paris 2024 on 11:45 - Jul 31 with 434 viewsWhiterockin

Rowers perfect finish again another gold
Paris 2024 on 11:46 - Jul 31 with 427 viewsDr_Winston

Paris 2024 on 11:45 - Jul 31 by Whiterockin

Rowers perfect finish again another gold

Right on the line.

Two golds in about 20 minutes. Awesome.

Paris 2024 on 11:48 - Jul 31 with 412 viewsWhiterockin

Paris 2024 on 11:46 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

Right on the line.

Two golds in about 20 minutes. Awesome.

I'm going for a lie down, all this excitement is not good for me.
Paris 2024 on 11:48 - Jul 31 with 411 viewsraynor94

Wow what a morning, breathtaking!

Perhaps one of the finest victories I've seen in my lifetime, where on earth did Yee find that from.

Take a bow son👏👏
[Post edited 31 Jul 19:17]

Paris 2024 on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 364 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Paris 2024 on 10:29 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

The US would have done the same but botcotted the Moscow Olympics in 1980.

Malingering bastards.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Paris 2024 on 13:10 - Jul 31 with 363 viewsonehunglow

Paris 2024 on 11:33 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

How the hell did he do that? Been hanging around with Tom Pidcock.

Ya bigger
We’ve just been out and missed this

Paris 2024 on 20:56 - Jul 31 with 301 viewsDr_Winston

It's just glorious stuff.

One of my earliest sporting memories was the Seoul opening ceremony. I can remember watching Barcelona '92 with my dad after my parents split up, cheering on Christie, Gunnell and Boardman. I can remember the disappointment of Atlanta, and the resurgence afterwards, for many reasons but perhaps most of all courtesy of John Major's decision to divert lottery funding to sport.

Most of all, I remember London 2012. Bouncing up and down on my sofa screaming at the telly for Mo Farah. Super Saturday, and many others. I hope there's thousands of kids, maybe tens or hundreds of thousands, enjoying this as much as I am now, and as I did then.
[Post edited 31 Jul 21:25]

Paris 2024 on 21:19 - Jul 31 with 264 viewsraynor94

Paris 2024 on 20:56 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

It's just glorious stuff.

One of my earliest sporting memories was the Seoul opening ceremony. I can remember watching Barcelona '92 with my dad after my parents split up, cheering on Christie, Gunnell and Boardman. I can remember the disappointment of Atlanta, and the resurgence afterwards, for many reasons but perhaps most of all courtesy of John Major's decision to divert lottery funding to sport.

Most of all, I remember London 2012. Bouncing up and down on my sofa screaming at the telly for Mo Farah. Super Saturday, and many others. I hope there's thousands of kids, maybe tens or hundreds of thousands, enjoying this as much as I am now, and as I did then.
[Post edited 31 Jul 21:25]

My first memory is Tokyo 1964 showing my age, Ann Packer won silver in the 400 meters and Gold in the 800, fell in love with sport and still do to this day.

But Yee and the Women in the four this morning will take some beating

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024