Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carl Rushworth 15:06 - Jul 19 with 2757 viewsKeithHaynes

Seems Brighton aren’t too happy with the back up they have. They are linked to Kevin Mier. A Colombian keeper.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Carl Rushworth on 15:19 - Jul 19 with 2371 viewsTimBowen

Hmmm, interesting.

I wonder if that opens the door for Rushworth to potentially return to SA1?
Carl Rushworth on 15:56 - Jul 19 with 2285 viewsRichardO

Carl Rushworth on 15:19 - Jul 19 by TimBowen

Hmmm, interesting.

Think a number of fans are
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
[Post edited 19 Jul 15:58]
Carl Rushworth on 16:18 - Jul 19 with 2237 viewsKeithHaynes

Carl Rushworth on 15:19 - Jul 19 by TimBowen

Hmmm, interesting.

It gives us a better than even chance Tim. It won’t please Rushworth we imagine, but they seemed open to a sale this summer. Ipswich have cooled their interest. Wondering if there’s sufficient cash for a cheeky bid 😉

Carl Rushworth on 17:57 - Jul 19 with 2091 viewsfbreath

I wonder why Brighton think Rushworth isn’t good enough as a number 2 keeper for them

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Carl Rushworth on 18:32 - Jul 19 with 2041 viewsWhiterockin

Carl Rushworth on 17:57 - Jul 19 by fbreath

I wonder why Brighton think Rushworth isn’t good enough as a number 2 keeper for them

I'm not sure they would want to go with two 22/23 year olds.
Carl Rushworth on 18:44 - Jul 19 with 2004 viewsraynor94

Carl Rushworth on 16:18 - Jul 19 by KeithHaynes

It gives us a better than even chance Tim. It won’t please Rushworth we imagine, but they seemed open to a sale this summer. Ipswich have cooled their interest. Wondering if there’s sufficient cash for a cheeky bid 😉

Wish we could, by all accounts Ipswich couldn't agree a price, so they bought Burnley's keeper for £8 million

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Carl Rushworth on 18:58 - Jul 19 with 1951 viewstheloneranger

"According to Alan Nixon, the Seagulls would only agree to a loan move as the club views him as a potential full England international and is not willing to let him leave on a permanent deal."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Carl Rushworth on 19:52 - Jul 19 with 1879 viewshobo

Carl Rushworth on 18:58 - Jul 19 by theloneranger

"According to Alan Nixon, the Seagulls would only agree to a loan move as the club views him as a potential full England international and is not willing to let him leave on a permanent deal."

Surely we could get him on loan? And it would benefit Brighton
Login to get fewer ads

Carl Rushworth on 20:33 - Jul 19 with 1807 viewsgrabsplatter

If we're trying to build a team/squad surely we should stop looking at yet another keeper on loan & bring in a permanent signing.
Nothing against Rushworth, he's a very good keeper, but even if Brighton are going to let him go we can't afford him.
I thought we'd have learnt from 2 years of Freddie Woodman
Carl Rushworth on 20:58 - Jul 19 with 1769 viewshobo

Carl Rushworth on 17:57 - Jul 19 by fbreath

They've got experienced Jason Steele as backup. It's a waste of talent having another young un getting splinters
Carl Rushworth on 05:55 - Jul 21 with 1424 viewsWhiterockin

A Brighton view on the situation.

https://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/verbruggen-injury-can-open-the-door-fo
Carl Rushworth on 08:24 - Jul 21 with 1313 viewsonehunglow

We need our own goalkeeper
Fisher is not a goalkeeper.
We are sleepwalking ,folks.
This is our priority

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Carl Rushworth on 08:59 - Jul 21 with 1268 viewspete

Carl Rushworth on 08:24 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

We need our own goalkeeper
Fisher is not a goalkeeper.
We are sleepwalking ,folks.
This is our priority

yes agree plus 3 or 4 others
Carl Rushworth on 09:42 - Jul 21 with 1196 viewsonehunglow

Carl Rushworth on 08:59 - Jul 21 by pete

yes agree plus 3 or 4 others

True Pete but no 1 is crucial.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Carl Rushworth on 10:51 - Jul 21 with 1105 viewswhiterock

I'd take Rushworth on loan, if that's the only option available ATM, my thoughts being, there aren't many better for us currently, he knows the players and area and one more year would give us time to either find the money or find his replacement.
Carl Rushworth on 14:23 - Jul 21 with 946 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Carl Rushworth on 18:58 - Jul 19 by theloneranger

The Margeyson factor makes this the perfect place to come for his development.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Carl Rushworth on 14:26 - Jul 21 with 936 viewsWhiterockin

Carl Rushworth on 14:23 - Jul 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I think it's either us or an European Club after reading the Brighton article.
Carl Rushworth on 14:52 - Jul 21 with 896 viewsGVJack

Carl Rushworth on 20:33 - Jul 19 by grabsplatter

If we're trying to build a team/squad surely we should stop looking at yet another keeper on loan & bring in a permanent signing.
Nothing against Rushworth, he's a very good keeper, but even if Brighton are going to let him go we can't afford him.
I thought we'd have learnt from 2 years of Freddie Woodman

Don't think you can rule out looking for moves completely. Premiership even Champions League teams use the loan market to their advantage if required.

If we can find as good as/better than Rushworth that won't cost us more then great. Otherwise, don't cut off your nose to spite your face, he's a good keeper who should keep improving year on year (so should be better next season than last) if we can get him on the cheap for 12 months (as it'll be of benefit to Brighton too) then let's get a deal done!
Carl Rushworth on 16:25 - Jul 21 with 822 viewsRichardO

Carl Rushworth on 14:52 - Jul 21 by GVJack

Don't think you can rule out looking for moves completely. Premiership even Champions League teams use the loan market to their advantage if required.

If we can find as good as/better than Rushworth that won't cost us more then great. Otherwise, don't cut off your nose to spite your face, he's a good keeper who should keep improving year on year (so should be better next season than last) if we can get him on the cheap for 12 months (as it'll be of benefit to Brighton too) then let's get a deal done!

The benefit for Brighton is knowing he will get first team football with us, the benefit to us is we know he is a good keeper.
Has Fisher improved or are Broome and Watts ready for the step up, if not then either way we need at least one keeper coming to the club who we can rely on.
Carl Rushworth on 16:35 - Jul 21 with 803 viewsQJumpingJack

Carl Rushworth on 16:25 - Jul 21 by RichardO

The benefit for Brighton is knowing he will get first team football with us, the benefit to us is we know he is a good keeper.
Has Fisher improved or are Broome and Watts ready for the step up, if not then either way we need at least one keeper coming to the club who we can rely on.

I expect Brighton will want him to join a "competitive" team if they decide to loan him out again. Maybe they will wait to see what other signings we are going to make over the next few weeks. If Brighton think we are going to struggle then he is likely to join a stronger team in the division.

Remember back to 2021. Conor Gallagher was playing for a Charlton team which was drifting. Chelsea recalled him and sent him to us as we were we pushing for the play-offs under Cooper (who knew him through the England U17 set up).
Carl Rushworth on 16:38 - Jul 21 with 800 viewsQJumpingJack

Carl Rushworth on 14:23 - Jul 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

with Southgate gone at England, it is quite possible that the new England manager will appoint a brand new backroom staff meaning a new goalkeeper coach?
Carl Rushworth on 16:51 - Jul 21 with 782 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Carl Rushworth on 16:38 - Jul 21 by QJumpingJack

with Southgate gone at England, it is quite possible that the new England manager will appoint a brand new backroom staff meaning a new goalkeeper coach?

Potentially yes. He is very highly thought of there though. He survived Allardyce getting the chop. Even without the England connection Brighton and Rushworth will both know that it’ll be a good fit.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Carl Rushworth on 17:02 - Jul 21 with 752 viewsmagicdaps10

Carl Rushworth on 16:38 - Jul 21 by QJumpingJack

Hopefully! Because Marge being away has held us back a whole month in recruiting a Goalkeeper in my opinion.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Carl Rushworth on 17:15 - Jul 21 with 717 viewsKeithHaynes

Carl Rushworth on 17:02 - Jul 21 by magicdaps10

Hopefully! Because Marge being away has held us back a whole month in recruiting a Goalkeeper in my opinion.

Brighton still haven’t made their minds up about Rushworth.

Oh, and isn’t McBurnie still available 😂

Carl Rushworth on 17:40 - Jul 21 with 677 viewsbuilthjack

Carl Rushworth on 17:15 - Jul 21 by KeithHaynes

Brighton still haven’t made their minds up about Rushworth.

Oh, and isn’t McBurnie still available 😂

He doesn’t fancy going in goal.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024