Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City friendly 14:33 - Jul 13 with 1797 viewsWhiterockin

Is it really just the one pre season friendly we are having? Is it just me or do others think we are going into the new season under prepared.
Swansea City friendly on 14:51 - Jul 13 with 1759 viewsbuilthjack

I agree. We are very slow off the mark in all areas.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City friendly on 15:02 - Jul 13 with 1741 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City friendly on 14:51 - Jul 13 by builthjack

I agree. We are very slow off the mark in all areas.

Unless they have arranged some "behind closed doors" games, we seem very under prepared. 4 weeks today for our first league match.
Swansea City friendly on 15:57 - Jul 13 with 1695 viewspete

Swansea City friendly on 15:02 - Jul 13 by Whiterockin

Unless they have arranged some "behind closed doors" games, we seem very under prepared. 4 weeks today for our first league match.

there is one today at fairwood vs swindon
Swansea City friendly on 16:10 - Jul 13 with 1662 viewsReslovenSwan1

Leaving money behind both for the club and for people who look to the club for income.

They probably do not make enough money after costs ( stewarding etc) but are still leaving £5000 on the table.

Also it is useful bunce for people with bills to pay. This is community thinking not just the bottom line.
[Post edited 13 Jul 16:20]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City friendly on 16:36 - Jul 13 with 1602 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City friendly on 16:10 - Jul 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Leaving money behind both for the club and for people who look to the club for income.

They probably do not make enough money after costs ( stewarding etc) but are still leaving £5000 on the table.

Also it is useful bunce for people with bills to pay. This is community thinking not just the bottom line.
[Post edited 13 Jul 16:20]

Without enough thought regarding the team being fit and sharp from the first day of the season. I really think Swansea City supporters would prefer us to be 100% ready.
Swansea City friendly on 17:04 - Jul 13 with 1545 viewsSwans9

I would of thought there would defo be a game on the 3 August. With the starting 11 for the week after v Boro. Should be announced by now.
Swansea City friendly on 17:34 - Jul 13 with 1500 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Used to love pre season going to all the little non league/Welsh grounds. Palamos was also legendary.

They just don’t think of the fans anymore.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City friendly on 17:51 - Jul 13 with 1451 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City friendly on 17:34 - Jul 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Used to love pre season going to all the little non league/Welsh grounds. Palamos was also legendary.

They just don’t think of the fans anymore.

I saw one game at Palamos and one fan thought it a good idea to streak. It could be the club does not want a drunken hard core following them around.

Swansea lost 3-1 to Espanyol. Pintado in his second season I think, who I had high hopes for, was one on one and blazed it over. Not quite good enough.

Swansea beat Swindon 3-1 under closed doors. Long lost players like Broome Pedersen and Kukharevych featured with Kuka scoring. Let us hope he has addressed whatever issues he had last year.

It would better if he is a real good player who has grown up a bit rather than a bad player with a good attitude. A apology here and there and a fresh start. (all speculation - was it a Sancho type issue?)

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City friendly on 17:52 - Jul 13 with 1449 viewstheloneranger

"Swansea City started their pre-season programme with victory over Swindon Town in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Fairwood.

Luke Williams’ side led by two goals at the break, with Liam Cullen netting the opener and skipper Matt Grimes extended the advantage from the spot.

Jaxon Brown pulled a goal back for the visitors with a clever improvised finish, but Mykola Kuharevich bundled home a third for the Swans to re-establish the two-goal cushion.

The Swans, with new signing Gonçalo Franco watching on, started brightly with Cullen heading a Grimes cross over the bar following a Josh Tymon flick in the build-up.

Cullen then made no mistake in the 13th minute as he turned in a lovely cross from Ronald, with Joe Allen having sent the Brazilian racing into the box.

A couple of minutes later the Swindon keeper parried away a Ronald effort from an inswinging Grimes delivery, while Allen was also denied when he met a Josh Key cross.

But Swansea did double their lead when Ollie Cooper was tripped as he surged into the box from the right, and Grimes made no mistake from the spot as he fired to the keeper’s right.

The second half started more evenly, although there was little in the way of a threat to the Swansea goal until Brown opportunistically lofted a loose ball over Nathan Broome from distance to trim the home side’s lead.

But the Swans had the final word as Liam Smith cut inside his man in the box and the ball fell for Kuharevich to send a left-footed effort into the net."

Swansea City (first half): Andy Fisher, Josh Key, Ben Cabango, Filip Lissah, Josh Tymon, Matt Grimes, Joe Allen, Ollie Cooper, Ronald, Azeem Abdulai, Liam Cullen.

Swansea City (second half): Nathan Broome, Kyle Naughton, Harry Jones, Kristian Pedersen, Sebastian Dabrowski, Joel Cotterill, Jay Fulton, John Bostock, Liam Smith, Cameron Congreve, Mykola Kuharevich.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/report-swansea-city-3-1-swindon-town

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City friendly on 17:56 - Jul 13 with 1442 viewstheloneranger

I noticed ex Notts County mid fielder John Bostock played for us in the 2nd half.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City friendly on 18:04 - Jul 13 with 1408 viewsraynor94

Swansea City friendly on 17:51 - Jul 13 by ReslovenSwan1

I saw one game at Palamos and one fan thought it a good idea to streak. It could be the club does not want a drunken hard core following them around.

Swansea lost 3-1 to Espanyol. Pintado in his second season I think, who I had high hopes for, was one on one and blazed it over. Not quite good enough.

Swansea beat Swindon 3-1 under closed doors. Long lost players like Broome Pedersen and Kukharevych featured with Kuka scoring. Let us hope he has addressed whatever issues he had last year.

It would better if he is a real good player who has grown up a bit rather than a bad player with a good attitude. A apology here and there and a fresh start. (all speculation - was it a Sancho type issue?)

You really are a bundle of fun! Went to Palamos twice, fantastic trips, some of my highlights following the Swans

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City friendly on 18:09 - Jul 13 with 1390 viewsraynor94

Swansea City friendly on 17:56 - Jul 13 by theloneranger

I noticed ex Notts County mid fielder John Bostock played for us in the 2nd half.

Released by Notts County at the end of last season.

32 years of age now, a cheap squad filler?

Swansea City friendly on 18:21 - Jul 13 with 1356 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City friendly on 17:52 - Jul 13 by theloneranger

"Swansea City started their pre-season programme with victory over Swindon Town in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Fairwood.

Luke Williams’ side led by two goals at the break, with Liam Cullen netting the opener and skipper Matt Grimes extended the advantage from the spot.

Jaxon Brown pulled a goal back for the visitors with a clever improvised finish, but Mykola Kuharevich bundled home a third for the Swans to re-establish the two-goal cushion.

The Swans, with new signing Gonçalo Franco watching on, started brightly with Cullen heading a Grimes cross over the bar following a Josh Tymon flick in the build-up.

Cullen then made no mistake in the 13th minute as he turned in a lovely cross from Ronald, with Joe Allen having sent the Brazilian racing into the box.

A couple of minutes later the Swindon keeper parried away a Ronald effort from an inswinging Grimes delivery, while Allen was also denied when he met a Josh Key cross.

But Swansea did double their lead when Ollie Cooper was tripped as he surged into the box from the right, and Grimes made no mistake from the spot as he fired to the keeper’s right.

The second half started more evenly, although there was little in the way of a threat to the Swansea goal until Brown opportunistically lofted a loose ball over Nathan Broome from distance to trim the home side’s lead.

But the Swans had the final word as Liam Smith cut inside his man in the box and the ball fell for Kuharevich to send a left-footed effort into the net."

Swansea City (first half): Andy Fisher, Josh Key, Ben Cabango, Filip Lissah, Josh Tymon, Matt Grimes, Joe Allen, Ollie Cooper, Ronald, Azeem Abdulai, Liam Cullen.

Swansea City (second half): Nathan Broome, Kyle Naughton, Harry Jones, Kristian Pedersen, Sebastian Dabrowski, Joel Cotterill, Jay Fulton, John Bostock, Liam Smith, Cameron Congreve, Mykola Kuharevich.

Great to see friendlies being played even if they are not announced beforehand. If it's about saving money playing behind closed doors, why not just stream it free for the supporters.
Swansea City friendly on 18:39 - Jul 13 with 1292 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City friendly on 18:04 - Jul 13 by raynor94

You really are a bundle of fun! Went to Palamos twice, fantastic trips, some of my highlights following the Swans

I agree the trip was great. I flew to Barcelona and got there under my own steam. I swerved the pub that the fans took over. Too hot though.

So why do they not do it anymore? I have thought about it and given you a possible reason.

What is yours?

Swansea City friendly on 18:44 - Jul 13 with 1287 viewsdulaisvalleyjack

were was ginelly
Swansea City friendly on 19:05 - Jul 13 with 1228 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City friendly on 18:44 - Jul 13 by dulaisvalleyjack

were was ginelly

Good question!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City friendly on 19:27 - Jul 13 with 1175 viewsraynor94

Swansea City friendly on 18:39 - Jul 13 by ReslovenSwan1

I agree the trip was great. I flew to Barcelona and got there under my own steam. I swerved the pub that the fans took over. Too hot though.

So why do they not do it anymore? I have thought about it and given you a possible reason.

What is yours?

Well it's certainly not the reason you gave, Austria seems far more popular these days, I notice Cardiff are going there too

Swansea City friendly on 19:30 - Jul 13 with 1167 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City friendly on 18:21 - Jul 13 by Whiterockin

Great to see friendlies being played even if they are not announced beforehand. If it's about saving money playing behind closed doors, why not just stream it free for the supporters.

Don't know how true it is but I have been informed that there might not be Swans TV for matches this coming season.
Anyone heard similar?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City friendly on 19:44 - Jul 13 with 1145 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City friendly on 19:30 - Jul 13 by magicdaps10

Don't know how true it is but I have been informed that there might not be Swans TV for matches this coming season.
Anyone heard similar?

It makes sense because Sky are streaming every game you can legally watch outside the Saturday 3pm ko. Is there enough demand on the international market to justify the service for Saturday 3pm only. Are Sky streaming these games internationally?
Swansea City friendly on 06:27 - Jul 14 with 903 viewsRichardO

Third goal, Congreve plays ball to Kuharevich's feet who plays an around the corner ball into oncoming player(didn't know who it was) who gets into the box, ball runs free as he tried to play it, Kuharevich poaches goal.
OK this wasn't a goal against a tightly packed defence which would be harder to do but it was the type of play we want to see, the ball being played forward quickly to feet getting the ball into the danger area and capitalising on the problems caused, similarly to first goal and the cause of the penalty, getting the ball into the danger area.
Nice to see Cullen getting a goal in a position you would expect a striker to be. Congreve playing a decent ball into feet and Kuharevich playing the type of ball we have seen him do in his limited game time and getting a goal as well, credit to the player's(anybody know who it was) run giving the pass option enabling the play to progress into the box.
Will any of those four players get game time this season presume Cullen will but the others? Will be happy to see these type opening often this season.
Swansea City friendly on 10:06 - Jul 14 with 768 viewsswan_si

Swansea City friendly on 06:27 - Jul 14 by RichardO

Third goal, Congreve plays ball to Kuharevich's feet who plays an around the corner ball into oncoming player(didn't know who it was) who gets into the box, ball runs free as he tried to play it, Kuharevich poaches goal.
OK this wasn't a goal against a tightly packed defence which would be harder to do but it was the type of play we want to see, the ball being played forward quickly to feet getting the ball into the danger area and capitalising on the problems caused, similarly to first goal and the cause of the penalty, getting the ball into the danger area.
Nice to see Cullen getting a goal in a position you would expect a striker to be. Congreve playing a decent ball into feet and Kuharevich playing the type of ball we have seen him do in his limited game time and getting a goal as well, credit to the player's(anybody know who it was) run giving the pass option enabling the play to progress into the box.
Will any of those four players get game time this season presume Cullen will but the others? Will be happy to see these type opening often this season.

Liam Smith according to the report.
Swansea City friendly on 10:24 - Jul 14 with 746 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City friendly on 19:30 - Jul 13 by magicdaps10

Anyone heard similar?

They would be silly not to.
Commercially especially.

If they did it would be a sign that elevating the club in Asian markets especially haven’t been thought through.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City friendly on 10:50 - Jul 14 with 697 viewsRichardO

Swansea City friendly on 10:06 - Jul 14 by swan_si

Liam Smith according to the report.

Thanks Keith, did originally read the link but then went to highlights to comment on them, need to pay more attention to the written words.
Nice to see the youngsters being used I think we will need them.
Swansea City friendly on 13:04 - Jul 14 with 629 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/highlights-swansea-city-v-swindon-town-0

Poll: Will you be at the swd sunday?

Swansea City friendly on 06:48 - Jul 16 with 402 viewsWhiterockin

2nd friendly in Austria

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-face-fk-vardar-during-austria-camp
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024