Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? 09:24 - Jun 19 with 5369 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Despite talk of a supermajority and Labour triumphantly sweeping in on a wave of votes on July 4th the latest yougov poll has them only sitting on 36% which is a whole 4% lower than the percentage Corbyn achieved in 2017.

https://yougov.co.uk/elections/uk/2024

If this poll is accurate it’s a quite pathetic performance from Starmer, Rayner et al. you would think or hope that they would be taking full advantage of the disarray in the Tory ranks and we’d be seeing a surge in Labour voting intention. But there seems little appetite to vote for Labour either. They’re losing support if anything.

It’s quite a sorry state of affairs all around to be honest.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 20:42 - Jul 9 with 251 viewsmajorraglan

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 19:41 - Jul 9 by SullutaCreturned

I can't call him a coward, the real cowards were those who resigned before the eletion, they saw a defeat coming and ran away.

Everyone saw a Labour win, there was no other possible outcome. Nobody else had the support, Libdems did well but still far behind, the greens, reform etc had no chance. Then in Scotland the SNP got mullered too, maybe because they turned out to be almost as corrupt as some tories, Hamza Yousaf helping their hammering along by making some very bad decisions.

What we need now is for Starmer to be the right man and I have my doubts, he's too soft for me, a wet lettuce though I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.
After winning the majority the size of the victory doesn't count for much, it's what he does with the power that counts.

I’d really like to know why Sunak called the GE, seems a bizarre decision to most people.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 20:47 - Jul 9 with 239 viewsBoundy

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:34 - Jul 9 by Gwyn737

Lots of talk of the low Labour vote and the rise of Reform, both of which are statistically true.

However, UKIP got 3.8 million votes in 2015 and Reform 4.1 million in 2024. Doesn't seem like a huge rise to me.

A rise is a rise and a fall is a fall no matter how its painted.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 20:53 - Jul 9 with 225 viewsWhiterockin

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 20:42 - Jul 9 by majorraglan

I’d really like to know why Sunak called the GE, seems a bizarre decision to most people.

His kids broke up from school the following day, he was hoping to lose his seat and have a long holiday.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:40 - Jul 9 with 196 viewsJumpingJackFlash

I still think that he was about to be challenged for the leadership with the number of letters going in to the 1922 committee mounting.
There were rumours that if he was challenged that he’d call a GE straight away.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:55 - Jul 9 with 163 viewsScotia

I think he jumped on a tiny bit of good news - the drop in inflation. He probably thought a drop in interest rates would follow.

Waiting slightly longer could have meant more headlines about immigrants in boats coming across the channel due to the summer weather and obvious headlines.

He couldn't push it until January. The turnout would have been even lower.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024