Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? 09:24 - Jun 19 with 4729 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Despite talk of a supermajority and Labour triumphantly sweeping in on a wave of votes on July 4th the latest yougov poll has them only sitting on 36% which is a whole 4% lower than the percentage Corbyn achieved in 2017.

https://yougov.co.uk/elections/uk/2024

If this poll is accurate it’s a quite pathetic performance from Starmer, Rayner et al. you would think or hope that they would be taking full advantage of the disarray in the Tory ranks and we’d be seeing a surge in Labour voting intention. But there seems little appetite to vote for Labour either. They’re losing support if anything.

It’s quite a sorry state of affairs all around to be honest.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:49 - Jul 5 with 795 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:45 - Jul 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Are we witnessing a real life meltdown?

Yes, a few on here can’t accept defeat and have had total meltdowns.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 23:24 - Jul 5 with 757 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:49 - Jul 5 by builthjack

Yes, a few on here can’t accept defeat and have had total meltdowns.

All things considered , meltdown isn't a word I
It's politics
Meltdown is a serious mental illness case
You need a break

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 23:40 - Jul 5 with 742 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 23:24 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

All things considered , meltdown isn't a word I
It's politics
Meltdown is a serious mental illness case
You need a break

I am fine fella. Absolutely dandy.
Sorry for your loss.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 08:13 - Jul 6 with 701 viewsBoundy

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:45 - Jul 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Are we witnessing a real life meltdown?

I do hope not , its not a pretty sight as it is .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:18 - Jul 6 with 691 viewsbuilthjack

I see Jezza won his seat.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:41 - Jul 6 with 664 viewscontroversial_jack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:29 - Jul 5 by raynor94

Getting silly now, of course the percentages matter, I'm a lifelong member of the GMB and glad to see the back of the Tories.

But Starmer got a lower percentage of the votes than Corbyn!

We really need to move to proportional representation.

Reform got 14% of the vote and 1% of seats , compared to the Lib Dems 12% of votes and 11% of seats.

We had a much lower turnout in general that's why. Percentages don't really matter, as it's impossible for any party to get the majority with so many different parties competing
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:44 - Jul 6 with 672 viewsWingstandwood

What surprised me this (only just found out!) morning was the fall in Starmers vote share 41,343 in 2017....36,641 in 2019....18,884 yesterday.

Absolutely insane drop in votes! Utterly surreal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holborn_and_St_Pancras_(UK_Parliament_constituency

Argus!

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:46 - Jul 6 with 672 viewsDr_Winston

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 14:39 - Jun 19 by Dr_Winston

Anyone who has paid any attention to the by-elections that have happened over the last couple of years could tell you this. Labours vote has barely increased anywhere. It's even gone down in a few places.

There will be those who voted Labour during the Corbyn years and bumped up their numbers in polling who have now switched to the Greens, and some will no doubt attach themselves to their local Ronnie Job types. Very, very few who voted for the Tories under Johnson have swapped to Labour. They're either not voting at all or going to Reform.

Labour will win because the Conservative vote has collapsed, not because theirs has grown.
[Post edited 19 Jun 14:40]

Just call me Nostradamus...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 11:09 - Jul 6 with 628 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:18 - Jul 6 by builthjack

Yes he’s more popular than Labour is.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 11:29 - Jul 6 with 621 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I think Starmer probably knows he needs to be very careful. 64 percent of people did not vote for him, the turnout and anecdotal evidence indicates that people are fed up with politicians, if he or his front bench fcuk up the general discontent will be focused on him.
He will know that this is a consequence of his negative ' they are crap' rather than we are good campaign

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:35 - Jul 6 with 573 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 11:29 - Jul 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

I think Starmer probably knows he needs to be very careful. 64 percent of people did not vote for him, the turnout and anecdotal evidence indicates that people are fed up with politicians, if he or his front bench fcuk up the general discontent will be focused on him.
He will know that this is a consequence of his negative ' they are crap' rather than we are good campaign

Starmer’s biggest threat in this term is his own party. The problem with a huge majority
is it simply increases the number of people looking to stab you in the back to get your job.

There’s a lot of Corbyn and dianne Abbott allies still in there, momentum haven’t gone away, Rayner is perfectly placed to strike, she may be as thick as elephant faeces but she’s as ambitious and ruthless as anyone.

I think we’ll have up to Christmas of a truly united front all happy families then the knives will be out and the vultures will start circling,

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:52 - Jul 6 with 553 viewsraynor94

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:18 - Jul 6 by builthjack

Amazing how well Labour have done since he's been kicked out of the party, I told you before the man who inflicted Boris on us.

Labour would never ever got into power with him in charge

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:34 - Jul 6 with 496 viewsBoundy

An outsiders view

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/vote-the-same-hope-for-different-how-wales-

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:59 - Jul 6 with 467 viewsbuilthjack

A huge win. Fair play.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:13 - Jul 7 with 393 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:40 - Jul 5 by builthjack

I don’t know why, I guess you have it in you that you don’t want to accept the total annihilation of the Tories.
It wouldn’t matter at all if only 20% of people in the Uk voted. It’s not about the percentage.
It’s about seats won. The same the rules, and that’s what counts.

people need to accept and stop the absolute crap. Labour won by a landslide. A record victory.

No one is denying the size of the victory, we are simply pointing out to you that Labour got fewer votes than under Corbyn , that the tories did more damage to themselves than Starmer did (which actually seemed to be his gameplan, let them destroy themselves while he sat and watched) and all the stats show that Labour are less popular today than at the last election.

The tories lost 6 million votes, it's a fact. The turnout was low, another fact.

Maybe in your mind stating facts means we support the tories but that is nowhere near the truth, only a few on here are tory supporters.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:15 - Jul 7 with 391 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:13 - Jul 7 by SullutaCreturned

No one is denying the size of the victory, we are simply pointing out to you that Labour got fewer votes than under Corbyn , that the tories did more damage to themselves than Starmer did (which actually seemed to be his gameplan, let them destroy themselves while he sat and watched) and all the stats show that Labour are less popular today than at the last election.

The tories lost 6 million votes, it's a fact. The turnout was low, another fact.

Maybe in your mind stating facts means we support the tories but that is nowhere near the truth, only a few on here are tory supporters.

It’s fair to say Tories lost it not Labour win
Even Corbyn,filth that he is, might have beaten the craven Sunak

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:58 - Jul 7 with 380 viewswaynekerr55

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:15 - Jul 7 by onehunglow

Corbyn was always going to win his seat as the constituents love him. He is a good local MP who is great on local issues, however a leader he certainly wasn't. For someone who wasn't an anti Semite he had a lot of anti semetic friends but that's another conversation

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:59 - Jul 7 with 378 viewswaynekerr55

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:57 - Jul 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s not an excuse, it’s analysis of the results.

It's the nature of the FPTP system. Too many wasted votes and a protective blanket for the two party system we have.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 19:34 - Jul 7 with 367 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:58 - Jul 7 by waynekerr55

Corbyn was always going to win his seat as the constituents love him. He is a good local MP who is great on local issues, however a leader he certainly wasn't. For someone who wasn't an anti Semite he had a lot of anti semetic friends but that's another conversation

He didn’t need to be matey.
Just breathing and wearing a red rosette wouod have been enough
Tories were a run over dog dying in the ditch that needed to be out out of its misery
I’m going to miss Penny M
Just scrumptious

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 07:42 - Jul 8 with 305 viewswaynekerr55

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 19:34 - Jul 7 by onehunglow

He didn’t need to be matey.
Just breathing and wearing a red rosette wouod have been enough
Tories were a run over dog dying in the ditch that needed to be out out of its misery
I’m going to miss Penny M
Just scrumptious

But that's the point, he stood as an independent so the constituents went with him.

I suspect you're not alone that the Fire Liar Mourdant is your guilty pleasure

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:38 - Jul 9 with 215 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:15 - Jul 7 by onehunglow

I think a donkey in a red rosette would have beaten Sunak, the tories have sunk so low, they are so bad, so corrupt that millions of their own supporters turned away.

Maybe somebody who can be bothered can look and see if any UK election has ever seen a party lose so many votes in 5 years.

And will we see again in our lifetime a party have such a resounding win while losing one million votes of their own?

This eletin was a comment on UK politics, the people are fed up of the BS and we want standards raised. Starmer has a massive job on.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:51 - Jul 9 with 209 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:38 - Jul 9 by SullutaCreturned

I think a donkey in a red rosette would have beaten Sunak, the tories have sunk so low, they are so bad, so corrupt that millions of their own supporters turned away.

Maybe somebody who can be bothered can look and see if any UK election has ever seen a party lose so many votes in 5 years.

And will we see again in our lifetime a party have such a resounding win while losing one million votes of their own?

This eletin was a comment on UK politics, the people are fed up of the BS and we want standards raised. Starmer has a massive job on.

I could have beaten Sunak,even under my firmercusername,that saw grown men frothing at the mouth from Aberdaron to Aberavon .
A weed of a man and a coward

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:34 - Jul 9 with 196 viewsGwyn737

Lots of talk of the low Labour vote and the rise of Reform, both of which are statistically true.

However, UKIP got 3.8 million votes in 2015 and Reform 4.1 million in 2024. Doesn't seem like a huge rise to me.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 19:41 - Jul 9 with 156 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:51 - Jul 9 by onehunglow

I could have beaten Sunak,even under my firmercusername,that saw grown men frothing at the mouth from Aberdaron to Aberavon .
A weed of a man and a coward

I can't call him a coward, the real cowards were those who resigned before the eletion, they saw a defeat coming and ran away.

Everyone saw a Labour win, there was no other possible outcome. Nobody else had the support, Libdems did well but still far behind, the greens, reform etc had no chance. Then in Scotland the SNP got mullered too, maybe because they turned out to be almost as corrupt as some tories, Hamza Yousaf helping their hammering along by making some very bad decisions.

What we need now is for Starmer to be the right man and I have my doubts, he's too soft for me, a wet lettuce though I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.
After winning the majority the size of the victory doesn't count for much, it's what he does with the power that counts.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 20:31 - Jul 9 with 118 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 19:41 - Jul 9 by SullutaCreturned

I can't call him a coward, the real cowards were those who resigned before the eletion, they saw a defeat coming and ran away.

Everyone saw a Labour win, there was no other possible outcome. Nobody else had the support, Libdems did well but still far behind, the greens, reform etc had no chance. Then in Scotland the SNP got mullered too, maybe because they turned out to be almost as corrupt as some tories, Hamza Yousaf helping their hammering along by making some very bad decisions.

What we need now is for Starmer to be the right man and I have my doubts, he's too soft for me, a wet lettuce though I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.
After winning the majority the size of the victory doesn't count for much, it's what he does with the power that counts.

Them too,Cat
Full of gutless cowards
They could be arsed to fight an election,so arrogant are they
Starmer is a lefty barrister
I might have given the impression I’m not keen on them
He will in no way stop the boats

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024