Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Barrow 18:40 - Jun 2 with 1092 viewsmax936

Has passed away, brave man, Kevin Sinefield must be beside himself

RIP Rob Barrow, Legend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/articles/c2qqwvwzp5zo

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rob Barrow on 18:46 - Jun 2 with 1081 viewsWhiterockin

A bugger of a disease which he fought with tremendous dignity.

RIP young man.
Rob Barrow on 18:54 - Jun 2 with 1056 viewsmax936

Rob Barrow on 18:46 - Jun 2 by Whiterockin

A bugger of a disease which he fought with tremendous dignity.

RIP young man.

Absolutely !

Rob Barrow on 19:02 - Jun 2 with 1030 viewsDr_Winston

MND is probably one of the worst ways to go. Not so much for yourself, but for others.

Burrow and Sinfield have done great things since his diagnosis. Not sure I'd have been strong enough to hang on this long. My natural instinct would have been to top myself at the last moment I could than drag it out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rob Barrow on 19:06 - Jun 2 with 1021 viewspencoedjack

RIP Rob

If you are looking for an inspiring read I recommend his autobiography.

Kevin Seinfeld should of been knighted for what he has done over the past few years (no doubt he will continue)
Rob Barrow on 19:41 - Jun 2 with 984 viewsonehunglow

Steve
My daughters just texted me
We’ve had a nice day here but this has hit to me
Yeah,we knew the inevitable outcome but it still stings
We can but raise money fir it
Be luck,folks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rob Barrow on 19:42 - Jun 2 with 981 viewsonehunglow

Rob Barrow on 19:02 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

MND is probably one of the worst ways to go. Not so much for yourself, but for others.

Burrow and Sinfield have done great things since his diagnosis. Not sure I'd have been strong enough to hang on this long. My natural instinct would have been to top myself at the last moment I could than drag it out.

Have to say that is an honest post
MND is a curse

Rob Barrow on 19:46 - Jun 2 with 969 viewsFireboy2

I met him several times when leeds played widnes, my eldest had his photo taken with him, he like most RL gave youngsters their precious time, Robwas just a special player and an even better person, I have never read or watched anything to do with him since his diagnosis as it upsets me too much.

RIP Rob 😢
Rob Barrow on 20:09 - Jun 2 with 926 viewsonehunglow

Rob Barrow on 19:46 - Jun 2 by Fireboy2

I met him several times when leeds played widnes, my eldest had his photo taken with him, he like most RL gave youngsters their precious time, Robwas just a special player and an even better person, I have never read or watched anything to do with him since his diagnosis as it upsets me too much.

RIP Rob 😢

It’s tough to read the tributes
A real legend

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Barrow on 20:15 - Jun 2 with 908 viewsScotia

Rob Barrow on 19:02 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

Absolutely.

I have two family friends who lost loved ones to this disease, one father and one daughter.

It's horrendous in every way imaginable.

One mercifully died relatively quickly and peacefully, the other took a trip to dignitas and I understand why.

MND is my charity of choice, Rob Barrow, Sinfeld and Doddie Weir have done wonders in raising the profile of it.

How these people have not won sports personality of the year recently is beyond me.
Rob Barrow on 20:26 - Jun 2 with 894 viewsmax936

Rob Barrow on 20:15 - Jun 2 by Scotia

Absolutely.

I have two family friends who lost loved ones to this disease, one father and one daughter.

One mercifully died relatively quickly and peacefully, the other took a trip to dignitas and I understand why.

MND is my charity of choice, Rob Barrow, Sinfeld and Doddie Weir have done wonders in raising the profile of it.

How these people have not won sports personality of the year recently is beyond me.

My Mother died from a disease on the same spectrum called PSP, totally deliberating disease. takes the sufferers dignity away as it does everything else, you basically waste away, because the sufferer is unable to eat or drink near the end unable to even move , its a disgusting cruel disease.

Rob Barrow on 21:00 - Jun 2 with 866 viewspencoedjack

Rob Barrow on 20:26 - Jun 2 by max936

My Mother died from a disease on the same spectrum called PSP, totally deliberating disease. takes the sufferers dignity away as it does everything else, you basically waste away, because the sufferer is unable to eat or drink near the end unable to even move , its a disgusting cruel disease.

Sorry to hear that Max must of been horrendous
Rob Barrow on 21:19 - Jun 2 with 843 viewsDr_Winston

Absolutely.

I would absolutely not want Mrs. Winston to have to spend any time nursing me. She's already lost both parents to Cancer. If I thought for a second that she'd need to sacrifice anything for my benefit I'd do the deed myself.

A proper euthanasia/assisted suicide law is long overdue in the UK. We wouldn't put animals through what we expect humans to suffer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rob Barrow on 21:38 - Jun 2 with 814 viewsmajorraglan

My mother in law worked in palliative care and she’s often said MND is probably the worst illness she’s encountered.

I recently lost my father to cancer, fortunately his illness was very short and he passed peacefully and didn’t appear to suffer excessivelly. I can’t imagine what Rob Burrow, his family and friends have gone through over the last 4 years - it must be truly harrowing.

Rob Burrow and Kevin Sinfield both struck me as being really down to earth, humble people. Sinfield has done so much to raise the profile of MND and deserves recognition far beyond what he’s been afforded. It galls me to see some of these politicians or special advisors getting Lordships and knighthoods and worthy nominees getting very little.

The world will be a poorer place without Rob Burrow, may he RIP.
Rob Barrow on 21:48 - Jun 2 with 802 viewspencoedjack

Rob Barrow on 21:19 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

I would absolutely not want Mrs. Winston to have to spend any time nursing me. She's already lost both parents to Cancer. If I thought for a second that she'd need to sacrifice anything for my benefit I'd do the deed myself.

A proper euthanasia/assisted suicide law is long overdue in the UK. We wouldn't put animals through what we expect humans to suffer.

Agree wholeheartedly & I would do the same for similar reasons.
Rob Barrow on 21:54 - Jun 2 with 801 viewsmax936

Rob Barrow on 21:00 - Jun 2 by pencoedjack

Sorry to hear that Max must of been horrendous

Cheers Penc, It was, especially for Dad who cared for Mam, unfortunately it took its toll on him and he passed away nearly exactly a year after Mam in November 2022.

Time as gone quick since, they say that the years fly past as you get older
[Post edited 2 Jun 21:56]

Rob Barrow on 06:36 - Jun 3 with 708 viewsYrAlarch

Absolutely.

Agree, and in regard to the final sentence, it's the 'personality' bit that seems to go missing when that award is made.

True heroes.
Rob Barrow on 08:42 - Jun 3 with 680 viewsonehunglow

Rob Barrow on 21:38 - Jun 2 by majorraglan

My mother in law worked in palliative care and she’s often said MND is probably the worst illness she’s encountered.

I recently lost my father to cancer, fortunately his illness was very short and he passed peacefully and didn’t appear to suffer excessivelly. I can’t imagine what Rob Burrow, his family and friends have gone through over the last 4 years - it must be truly harrowing.

Rob Burrow and Kevin Sinfield both struck me as being really down to earth, humble people. Sinfield has done so much to raise the profile of MND and deserves recognition far beyond what he’s been afforded. It galls me to see some of these politicians or special advisors getting Lordships and knighthoods and worthy nominees getting very little.

The world will be a poorer place without Rob Burrow, may he RIP.

It stands out as the brain is fully functioning so the sufferer is fully aware of what is going on
Horrific

Rob Barrow on 10:07 - Jun 3 with 662 viewsBoundy

Rob Barrow on 20:26 - Jun 2 by max936

So sorry to learn that , my brother in law ,the most decent human being you could wish to meet passed away from MND , a cruel heartless way to die.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Rob Barrow on 18:25 - Jun 3 with 608 viewstheloneranger

Documentary on tonight - on BBC1 20.30 pm ...

"There's Only One Rob Burrow"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Rob Barrow on 18:34 - Jun 3 with 601 viewsmax936

Rob Barrow on 08:42 - Jun 3 by onehunglow

It stands out as the brain is fully functioning so the sufferer is fully aware of what is going on
Horrific

Spot on R
Mother used to get very frustrated by not being able to express herself, we bought her one of those wipeable white boards so she could write what she wanted to say, it worked for a little while until she lost the ability to hold the pen.

Rob Barrow on 15:12 - Jul 16 with 328 viewsWingstandwood

Another international rugby player to add to the list of others over recent years. Rob Burrow, Doddie Weir, Joost Van Westhuizen, now Norm Hewitt.

Argus!

Rob Barrow on 15:32 - Jul 16 with 292 viewsmajorraglan

Former Aberavon No 8 Kieth Evans died from MND several years ago while Ed Slater who is aged 35 was diagnosed with it a couple of years ago. They aren’t as high profile as some of the others who’ve developed it, but t hoes to show its aff3cting many more rugby players than the ones we know about.
Rob Barrow on 15:58 - Jul 16 with 268 viewstheloneranger

"A study led by the University of Glasgow looking at former Scotland internationals – from both the amateur era and later professional players – found ex-rugby players had more than twice the risk of a neurodegenerative disease, and a 15-times higher risk of a motor neurone disease diagnosis."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/motor-neurone-disease-mnd-

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Rob Barrow on 17:50 - Jul 16 with 233 viewsonehunglow

Rob Barrow on 15:58 - Jul 16 by theloneranger

"A study led by the University of Glasgow looking at former Scotland internationals – from both the amateur era and later professional players – found ex-rugby players had more than twice the risk of a neurodegenerative disease, and a 15-times higher risk of a motor neurone disease diagnosis."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/motor-neurone-disease-mnd-

Very ominous signs there LR

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024