Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ospreys new ground? 12:27 - May 23 with 13331 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://pembrokeshire-herald.com/93226/swansea-council-hopes-sports-ground-will-

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

The ospreys new ground? on 14:50 - Jun 6 with 1302 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 14:28 - Jun 6 by Scotia

It depends what it's used for in total really. The Ospreys can't stay in the Swansea.com and it's obvious why.

I have no objection to paying towards a multi-use facility in a prime location on Swansea sea front. Something like the RDS arena in Dublin where Springsteen recently played as an example.

Cricket in Swansea has been and gone, lets make use of the best located open space in Wales if not the UK and get some lottery / Assembly money to pay for it.

Swansea rugby team play there matches there as do the various University rugby teams. As I've said before the University want to develop the links and invest into rugby at St Helens.

This link below gives a little info on the University rugby.

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/sport/mens-rugby/
The ospreys new ground? on 15:45 - Jun 6 with 1242 viewsmax936

It depends what it's used for in total really. The Ospreys can't stay in the Swansea.com and it's obvious why.

I have no objection to paying towards a multi-use facility in a prime location on Swansea sea front. Something like the RDS arena in Dublin where Springsteen recently played as an example.

Cricket in Swansea has been and gone, lets make use of the best located open space in Wales if not the UK and get some lottery / Assembly money to pay for it.

Great post and spot on!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The ospreys new ground? on 15:49 - Jun 6 with 1242 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 11:22 - Jun 6 by ReslovenSwan1

St Helens will only be cheaper if the rate payers or tax payers rebuilt if for them.

As I have stated everything they want is at Landore. Parking. Bars Hospitality boxes modern turnstiles. They can negiocate wit with the football club to reduce cost if in trouble.

As a nation we are supposed struggling and should not waste resources.

I have no objection it wil be very nice but if funded by the ratepayer it will be robbing Jack to pay Paul.
[Post edited 6 Jun 11:52]

You don't live in Swansea, wasn't born in Swansea so its nothing to do with you, so whether you do or don't object nobody cares!

The ospreys new ground? on 16:36 - Jun 6 with 1221 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 15:49 - Jun 6 by max936

You don't live in Swansea, wasn't born in Swansea so its nothing to do with you, so whether you do or don't object nobody cares!

I am a Swansea city fan from Neath valley. If Swansea council encourage the Ospreys to move to StH Helens with ratepayer subsidy then the Ospreys will cease to help Swansea with the Swansea .com stadium.

The football club took over the running of the stadium. I suspect the US owners could take legal measures to stop any ratepayer subsidy as it is anti competitive.

Just a thought. SCFC are paying Swansea council a fee remember. I have raised the issue of paying Paul to rob Jack.

There may be nothing in it. Perhaps down the line somebody will care.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The ospreys new ground? on 16:48 - Jun 6 with 1216 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 16:36 - Jun 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I am a Swansea city fan from Neath valley. If Swansea council encourage the Ospreys to move to StH Helens with ratepayer subsidy then the Ospreys will cease to help Swansea with the Swansea .com stadium.

The football club took over the running of the stadium. I suspect the US owners could take legal measures to stop any ratepayer subsidy as it is anti competitive.

Just a thought. SCFC are paying Swansea council a fee remember. I have raised the issue of paying Paul to rob Jack.

There may be nothing in it. Perhaps down the line somebody will care.

If the O's end up paying money back to the council then it's not anti competitive in any way. The council would probably build it then lease it so it's exactly the same as the Swansea.com. See others can do baseless assumptions!

The O's might be able to turn a profit at St Helens

If you are so much of a Swansea fan then maybe be less disparaging of other Swansea fans. its not a good look.

I'm sure you mean robbings Jack to pay Paul or can't you see the difference?
The ospreys new ground? on 17:48 - Jun 6 with 1182 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 16:48 - Jun 6 by SullutaCreturned

If the O's end up paying money back to the council then it's not anti competitive in any way. The council would probably build it then lease it so it's exactly the same as the Swansea.com. See others can do baseless assumptions!

The O's might be able to turn a profit at St Helens

If you are so much of a Swansea fan then maybe be less disparaging of other Swansea fans. its not a good look.

I'm sure you mean robbings Jack to pay Paul or can't you see the difference?

It depends whether in the stadium deal the Ospreys pay the Council or pay Swansea city.

SCFC took control of the stadium and all activities including rugby the shop concerts and hospitality as I understand it. They pay a cut of revenue to the council.

If the Council are now incentivising Ospreys to up root using ratepayer money or Government grants it harms the Swansea. Com bottom line and hits SCFC in the pocket.

Of course if Ospreys get their own funding then there is no case. I am sure SCFC would look for some sort of compensation if the Council lured Ospreys away.

Swansea fans are owners of SCFC and have been very poor in my opinion. The fans encouraged them to do the wrong thing (legal case) and derided them for doing the right thing. (settling).

The ospreys new ground? on 18:01 - Jun 6 with 1180 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 17:48 - Jun 6 by ReslovenSwan1

It depends whether in the stadium deal the Ospreys pay the Council or pay Swansea city.

SCFC took control of the stadium and all activities including rugby the shop concerts and hospitality as I understand it. They pay a cut of revenue to the council.

If the Council are now incentivising Ospreys to up root using ratepayer money or Government grants it harms the Swansea. Com bottom line and hits SCFC in the pocket.

Of course if Ospreys get their own funding then there is no case. I am sure SCFC would look for some sort of compensation if the Council lured Ospreys away.

Swansea fans are owners of SCFC and have been very poor in my opinion. The fans encouraged them to do the wrong thing (legal case) and derided them for doing the right thing. (settling).

If you're going to bring the trust up again you can get lost.

The council are not incentivising, the Osprey's are moving, they have stated this and they are looking for the best place to go, the best deal. If Swansea council are supporting their move then there's nothing wrong in that. It's not Swansea councils job to do anything other than what they think is best for Swansea and if the O's were lured to Bridgend that would be worese for Swansea over all.
The ospreys new ground? on 18:21 - Jun 6 with 1172 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 18:01 - Jun 6 by SullutaCreturned

If you're going to bring the trust up again you can get lost.

The council are not incentivising, the Osprey's are moving, they have stated this and they are looking for the best place to go, the best deal. If Swansea council are supporting their move then there's nothing wrong in that. It's not Swansea councils job to do anything other than what they think is best for Swansea and if the O's were lured to Bridgend that would be worese for Swansea over all.

Login to get fewer ads

The ospreys new ground? on 18:38 - Jun 6 with 1165 viewsReslovenSwan1

It is not obvious to me. Swansea.com has everything they need . A share of the profits from the combined use goes back to the council. The council will lose income if the Ospreys get a lottery / Senedd funded stadium.

Crowds are unlikely to increase they play poor rugby and are underfunded from the WRU. The Senedd would more likely look at Newport who do share a ground and a horrible one at that. Once decent stadium in Newport would rank above two top class stadia in Swansea.
[Post edited 6 Jun 19:07]

The ospreys new ground? on 19:12 - Jun 6 with 1135 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 18:38 - Jun 6 by ReslovenSwan1

It is not obvious to me. Swansea.com has everything they need . A share of the profits from the combined use goes back to the council. The council will lose income if the Ospreys get a lottery / Senedd funded stadium.

Crowds are unlikely to increase they play poor rugby and are underfunded from the WRU. The Senedd would more likely look at Newport who do share a ground and a horrible one at that. Once decent stadium in Newport would rank above two top class stadia in Swansea.

Ot's not bvious to you? yet you have often stated you are brighter than other people, I guess not.

The Ospreys had a minimum payment to make I believe, whether that is a percentage of income or a fixed fee they cannot afford it along with the running costs they must share AND then invest in their squads.
That's before you get near the lack of atnosphere which they clearly feel is affecting them. There is also the issue of not being able to play on Saturdays when the Swans are home because we take priority. This affects crowds and so affects income as people stay at home to watch on tv.

The Senedd won't fund it, there may be granst available just as there were to build the "Liberty"

Why are they underfunded by the WRU? Do the FAW give the football teams any money? maybe the WRU should worry about fallig international crowds as people stay away because of the outrageous pricing?

It's all about what they really need you see. Put another way, We live in a 2 bedroom house because it's all we need. A 5 bedroom house would also have all we need but more than is really needed such as extra running costs and maintenance so why would we upsize? All the osreys are doing is looking for a suitable home that is manageable for them. I'm sure for big games, if they can sell the tickets that they'll use the football stadium again.
The ospreys new ground? on 21:06 - Jun 6 with 1099 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 19:12 - Jun 6 by SullutaCreturned

Ot's not bvious to you? yet you have often stated you are brighter than other people, I guess not.

The Ospreys had a minimum payment to make I believe, whether that is a percentage of income or a fixed fee they cannot afford it along with the running costs they must share AND then invest in their squads.
That's before you get near the lack of atnosphere which they clearly feel is affecting them. There is also the issue of not being able to play on Saturdays when the Swans are home because we take priority. This affects crowds and so affects income as people stay at home to watch on tv.

The Senedd won't fund it, there may be granst available just as there were to build the "Liberty"

Why are they underfunded by the WRU? Do the FAW give the football teams any money? maybe the WRU should worry about fallig international crowds as people stay away because of the outrageous pricing?

It's all about what they really need you see. Put another way, We live in a 2 bedroom house because it's all we need. A 5 bedroom house would also have all we need but more than is really needed such as extra running costs and maintenance so why would we upsize? All the osreys are doing is looking for a suitable home that is manageable for them. I'm sure for big games, if they can sell the tickets that they'll use the football stadium again.

I have never said I am smarter than anyone. I have questioned the logic of the members of the Trust who's remit was saving football in Swansea and failed to cash in their lottery ticket for £21m. There is in my opinion, no excuse for their ineptitude. They let the Trust down. No one has apologised or even admitted they were wrong. A fake sense of injustice persists.

There is no Senedd grant I suspect. Newport is far more deserving. The city does not have one good stadium let alone two and are willing to share costs.

Both Swansea city and the Ospreys are losing money. Synergies and sharing of such things as the club shop has to make sense. Both teams need to work harder. There is no quick fix.
The injection of a few million from the ratepayers will only help for a few years.

Saturdays are free half the time. The Osprey prefer Friday night or Sunday. The problem is the Ospreys do not play good rugby and are weak at marketing. Moving to St Helens will not change this. There will be a temptation to do what Cardiff have done and re name as 'Swansea RFC' moving away from Neath physically and psychologically.

It is not clear what Mr Coleman thinks of this? He may lose a few hundreds of pounds and not worry about it. He may have invested in the women's team to fill the void. They may o the other hand want to keep them and make a planning objection perhaps and demand a reduction of fees to from the council. £300,000 a year I recall.

He may want 5, 000 in the stadium watching the women on day instead.

I like to think I have raised some issues. It is a forum.

The ospreys new ground? on 08:38 - Jun 7 with 1002 viewsScotia

The ospreys new ground? on 18:38 - Jun 6 by ReslovenSwan1

It has far too much of what they need and can sustainably afford. Probably somewhere in the region of 300% more than they can afford. On match day income the Ospreys can barely afford to cover the matchday staff. On top of that as it's a lease arrangement they make no money from any matchday refreshment sales.

The cherry on the cake is the complete lack of atmosphere that filters through to team performance. The lack of atmosphere means people don't want to attend, which means no income. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Playing at the Swansea.com is a massive millstone around their neck. They have to move or they will no longer exist.

It is the job of local politicians to make the Senedd / Lottery look at redeveloping St Helens. It's probably the most attractive setting for an events facility in the UK.

We don't need much - I reckon £10 million would be a starter for ten. That's not a great deal more than a railway station they are contributing towards on the outskirts of Cardiff that nobody needs (and is being built on a SSSI).
The ospreys new ground? on 12:55 - Jun 7 with 935 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 08:38 - Jun 7 by Scotia

It has far too much of what they need and can sustainably afford. Probably somewhere in the region of 300% more than they can afford. On match day income the Ospreys can barely afford to cover the matchday staff. On top of that as it's a lease arrangement they make no money from any matchday refreshment sales.

The cherry on the cake is the complete lack of atmosphere that filters through to team performance. The lack of atmosphere means people don't want to attend, which means no income. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Playing at the Swansea.com is a massive millstone around their neck. They have to move or they will no longer exist.

It is the job of local politicians to make the Senedd / Lottery look at redeveloping St Helens. It's probably the most attractive setting for an events facility in the UK.

We don't need much - I reckon £10 million would be a starter for ten. That's not a great deal more than a railway station they are contributing towards on the outskirts of Cardiff that nobody needs (and is being built on a SSSI).

A smaller stadium will not solve Ospreys problems. There is no case for public money. Newport deserve it more.

The rate payers of Swansea must pay. The ratepayers are paid £300,000 a year by Swansea city football club who get some of that off the Ospreys.

There is no gain for Swansea in this investment. Ospreys need to deliver a better product Shrinkage is not a good business plan anywhere.
[Post edited 7 Jun 20:16]

The ospreys new ground? on 14:08 - Jun 7 with 905 viewsScotia

The ospreys new ground? on 12:55 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

A smaller stadium will not solve Ospreys problems. There is no case for public money. Newport deserve it more.

The rate payers of Swansea must pay. The ratepayers are paid £300,000 a year by Swansea city football club who get some of that off the Ospreys.

There is no gain for Swansea in this investment. Ospreys need to deliver a better product Shrinkage is not a good business plan anywhere.

No but it could consolidate their position as Wales most successful region - and therefore put the Ospreys in a better position to solve their own problems I.E. attract bigger crowds, more success and more investment. The ball may then be rolling.

Shrinkage isn't the plan, sustainability is that's got to be a good business plan.

What the Swansea council tax payers get from the Ospreys at the Liberty is a moot point. They're leaving because they can't afford to stay. The season after next the Council will get nothing.

I don't think Newport deserve anything more, They're already benefitting from the Urban spread of investment in SE Wales. Paid for by WG. Rodney Parade is a small ground used by small sports clubs, it fits them as it is.

There is huge gain for Swansea in this investment. Imagine a multi-use outdoor event space on the beach. That would be unique in the UK.
The ospreys new ground? on 15:38 - Jun 7 with 850 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 12:55 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

A stadium they CAN afford will help the Ospreys. A better atmoshere will help the Ospreys.

If Swansea council are paying anything thn it's nothing to do with Newport.

How can you be certain there is no gain for Swansea? Have you got an economics degree, have you got any studies about any possible advantage or dsadvantage? Have you see the business plan? have you spoen with the Ospreys board?

Finally, the ospreys are not moving as part of a planned shrinkage, exactly the opposite. They want to stop the shrinkahe by being in a stadium they control. They want to start rebuilding and they cannot do that in a stadium they cannot afford.

The benefit for the Swans is the pitch won't get damaged as much!
The ospreys new ground? on 19:18 - Jun 7 with 783 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 15:38 - Jun 7 by SullutaCreturned

A stadium they CAN afford will help the Ospreys. A better atmoshere will help the Ospreys.

If Swansea council are paying anything thn it's nothing to do with Newport.

How can you be certain there is no gain for Swansea? Have you got an economics degree, have you got any studies about any possible advantage or dsadvantage? Have you see the business plan? have you spoen with the Ospreys board?

Finally, the ospreys are not moving as part of a planned shrinkage, exactly the opposite. They want to stop the shrinkahe by being in a stadium they control. They want to start rebuilding and they cannot do that in a stadium they cannot afford.

The benefit for the Swans is the pitch won't get damaged as much!

How much will it cost to convert St Helens. It starts at £10 m I would think. Let the councilors put this development on their manifestos and have a public vote.

I my opinion the Ospreys are not worth lavishing millions of rate payers money on so they can feel more comfortable and cosy and not suffer from agoraphobia. I repeat.

Every thing they need is at Swansea.com. A 5000 crowd is not sustainable anywhere. The Gnoll is big enough.

Do a consultation with the ratepayers as to their priorities. A new home for the Ospreys would, I suggest, be very low on that list
[Post edited 7 Jun 19:30]

The ospreys new ground? on 19:33 - Jun 7 with 767 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 19:18 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

How much will it cost to convert St Helens. It starts at £10 m I would think. Let the councilors put this development on their manifestos and have a public vote.

I my opinion the Ospreys are not worth lavishing millions of rate payers money on so they can feel more comfortable and cosy and not suffer from agoraphobia. I repeat.

Every thing they need is at Swansea.com. A 5000 crowd is not sustainable anywhere. The Gnoll is big enough.

Do a consultation with the ratepayers as to their priorities. A new home for the Ospreys would, I suggest, be very low on that list

You can not make assumptions without knowing the facts. Swansea City hold the lease now to the stadium and the Ospreys have to pay to use the stadium, do you know how much is charged? The catering is now run by Swansea City, do the Ospreys get a cut on their match days or do Swansea City keep it all? Hospitality do Swansea City charge the Ospreys and how much? The Ospreys section in the club shop, how much rent do Ospreys pay? Exactly where do the Ospreys make their money on match day? Without the answers to these questions you can not say the Ospreys would be better off where they are. If they moved to their ground their take would be theirs.
The ospreys new ground? on 19:41 - Jun 7 with 752 viewsScotia

Everything I need is in the large houses overlooking Langland bay but I can't afford to live there. I can't afford to live there because there's everything I need and an awful lot more.

We have to get realistic about money on a Welsh government scale. £10 million pound is peanuts, they'd spend it on Cardiff in an instant. Before you consider other funding sources.

Can you think of a more attractive location to redevelop a sporting/multi event facility in the UK? Because I can't.
The ospreys new ground? on 20:19 - Jun 7 with 720 viewsSullutaCreturned

Pay attention, Neath rugby has said the Ospreys cannot move there, or have they changed their mind? I haven't seen anything?

Your opinion doesn't count for much, Swansea council will decide how much they can afford but the Ospreys will most likely have to raise most of the money themselves.
Maybe the people of Swansea would value having a first class rugby team back in Swansea centre.

You keep banging on about staying at the Swansea.com but they have said they cannot afford to do that for several reasons.

That's the end of it as far as Im concerned because we're going around in circles, as per usual.
The ospreys new ground? on 20:26 - Jun 7 with 706 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 19:41 - Jun 7 by Scotia

Everything I need is in the large houses overlooking Langland bay but I can't afford to live there. I can't afford to live there because there's everything I need and an awful lot more.

We have to get realistic about money on a Welsh government scale. £10 million pound is peanuts, they'd spend it on Cardiff in an instant. Before you consider other funding sources.

Can you think of a more attractive location to redevelop a sporting/multi event facility in the UK? Because I can't.

The Osprey do not deserve free access to the public purse because they bring very little extra to the table. What is gained in Sketty is lost in Landore.

The public houses on the front gain the pub at Lnadore loses. Swansea city lose money as they receive all income from the Swansea.com including advertising fees.

The only gains would be if Ospreys could get crowds big enough to pay the debts to the money loaned by ratepayer. This is extremely unlikely.

Glamorgan owed £4m to Cariff council and most of it was written off. The councilt did get a payment of around £2m after the ECB paid Glamorgan £2.5m to drop out of bidding for test matches.

The ospreys new ground? on 20:44 - Jun 7 with 680 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 20:26 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

The Osprey do not deserve free access to the public purse because they bring very little extra to the table. What is gained in Sketty is lost in Landore.

The public houses on the front gain the pub at Lnadore loses. Swansea city lose money as they receive all income from the Swansea.com including advertising fees.

The only gains would be if Ospreys could get crowds big enough to pay the debts to the money loaned by ratepayer. This is extremely unlikely.

Glamorgan owed £4m to Cariff council and most of it was written off. The councilt did get a payment of around £2m after the ECB paid Glamorgan £2.5m to drop out of bidding for test matches.

What debts do the Ospreys currently owe to the rate payers.
The ospreys new ground? on 20:59 - Jun 7 with 649 viewsScotia

The ospreys new ground? on 20:26 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

What's potentially gained in Sketty won't exist in Landore in 2025 so it's another moot point.

I'm not calling for the Ospreys to be given free access to the public purse as the Swans weren't at the swansea.com. I think St Helens presents a fantastic opportunity for a sporting/multi use development that the ospreys can use but benefits the entire area. And the public should contribute to that because they will benefit from it, I know that's the case because I lived in Plasmarl before and after the Swansea.com. I still only live 1 mile away, the local businesses made a fortune yesterday.

It is the ideal location. There is no better in the UK. We've seen a fortune spent in SE Wales, St Helens could cost peanuts with massive reward.
The ospreys new ground? on 23:30 - Jun 7 with 579 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 20:44 - Jun 7 by Whiterockin

What debts do the Ospreys currently owe to the rate payers.

No idea. If they move to St Helens they like Glamorgan could take a loan of the Council. Glamorgan did not pay their loan back and the rate payers were fleeced for at least £2m.

The ratepayers should be consulted.

The move away from the Swansea.com will leave another black hole to be filled. Synergies that exist at present will be lost.

The reinstatement of the old Mumbles tram would be a far better investment.

The ospreys new ground? on 23:59 - Jun 7 with 575 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 23:30 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

No idea. If they move to St Helens they like Glamorgan could take a loan of the Council. Glamorgan did not pay their loan back and the rate payers were fleeced for at least £2m.

The move away from the Swansea.com will leave another black hole to be filled. Synergies that exist at present will be lost.

All you got is guesses, NO FACTS, You're utterly Clueless in the opinions you share as facts.

All you got is a fascination for attention seeking and look at me posts. Take a look in a mirror and re-evaluate yourself cause you're currently dimmer a dud light bulb.

The ospreys new ground? on 08:14 - Jun 8 with 524 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 23:30 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

There is no loan planned, it's all in your little fantasy world. Again as others say you are just making things up to seek attention.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024