Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Airport 10:18 - Jan 13 with 23072 viewsjohnlangy

I know you're all desperate to use and support our Welsh airport based in RHOOSE.

So here is the list of flights available for your delectation and delight in the coming year.

Ryanair ✈️
4 flights a week to Dublin 🇮🇪
3 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
3 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
1 flight a week to Tenerife 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Faro 🇵🇹
Vueling ✈️
3 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
KLM ✈️
3 flights a day to Amsterdam 🇳🇱
Loganair ✈️
6 flights a week to Edinburgh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Aer Lingus ✈️
Daily flights to Belfast City ☘️
Balkan Holidays ✈️
Saturday flights to Bulgaria 🇧🇬
TUI ✈️
6 flights a week to Palma 🇪🇸
3 flights a week to Dalaman 🇹🇷
3 flights a week to Antalya 🇹🇷
3 flights a week to Tenerife 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Larnaca 🇨🇾
2 flights a week to Tunisia 🇹🇳
2 flights a week to Lanzarote 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Paphos 🇨🇾
2 flights a week to Ibiza 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Corfu 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Rhodes 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Menorca 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Zante 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Bulgaria 🇧🇬
2 flights a week to Kos 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Dubrovnik 🇭🇷
1 flight a week to Kefalonia 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Reus 🇪🇸
1 fight a week to Crete 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Gran Canaria 🇪🇸

Enjoy
Cardiff Airport on 20:50 - Jul 22 with 792 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Airport on 20:07 - Jul 22 by builthjack

Wrong.

What does your calculator say?

Mind you, the last time I looked the figures were that for every pasesnger in or out of CWL it lost £7

I don't know what any new figures say but 200 divided by 1 is 200.
Cardiff Airport on 21:05 - Jul 22 with 762 viewstrampie

Cardiff Airport on 20:20 - Jul 22 by raynor94

Latest numbers using the airport are 840.000, as you say looking to rise to 2 million, let's be fair they are fantasy island figures.

Latest losses are 1/2 a million, I enjoy using Cardiff, but it's difficult to justify these eye watering figures.

Latest losses are 1/2 million you say.......hmm, won't even get a house round here for that.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cardiff Airport on 21:11 - Jul 22 with 760 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Airport on 21:05 - Jul 22 by trampie

Latest losses are 1/2 million you say.......hmm, won't even get a house round here for that.

What's the postcode area? I bet you're wrong.
Cardiff Airport on 21:28 - Jul 22 with 733 viewstrampie

Cardiff Airport on 21:11 - Jul 22 by SullutaCreturned

What's the postcode area? I bet you're wrong.

There are two properties currently on the market by me and one is up for 50% more than the price that you can't believe and the other one is a 6 figure job.
The point is the figure quoted (not sure it's right) is not a lot of money in this day and age, unless he means the place is losing that figure every day, if it's every year it's peanuts for a big enterprise.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cardiff Airport on 21:33 - Jul 22 with 737 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Airport on 21:05 - Jul 22 by trampie

My mistake, 4.5 million

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff Airport on 21:34 - Jul 22 with 721 viewstrampie

Cardiff Airport on 21:33 - Jul 22 by raynor94

My mistake, 4.5 million

Thought you got it wrong.

Cardiff Airport on 22:07 - Jul 22 with 680 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Airport on 20:38 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

So Wales cannot even sustain one airport
Another case of relying on England then.

Wales can sustain and airport and are currently doing it. If it is losing money then so are many of Europe s airports. Even TfL had the begging bowl out although it made a rare profit last year.

It is Swansea s closest airport only 2/3 of the way to Cardiff. £4.5m loss last year is a paltry £1.50 subsidy per head in Wales .

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cardiff Airport on 22:18 - Jul 22 with 667 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Airport on 22:07 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Wales can sustain and airport and are currently doing it. If it is losing money then so are many of Europe s airports. Even TfL had the begging bowl out although it made a rare profit last year.

It is Swansea s closest airport only 2/3 of the way to Cardiff. £4.5m loss last year is a paltry £1.50 subsidy per head in Wales .

So what about the other £400millon

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Airport on 05:30 - Jul 23 with 571 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff Airport on 20:50 - Jul 22 by SullutaCreturned

What does your calculator say?

Mind you, the last time I looked the figures were that for every pasesnger in or out of CWL it lost £7

I don't know what any new figures say but 200 divided by 1 is 200.

The 200m is over at least 10 years. Not one year.
Passenger numbers are forecast to at least double.
It's not £200m over one year as you state.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff Airport on 06:07 - Jul 23 with 553 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Airport on 05:30 - Jul 23 by builthjack

The 200m is over at least 10 years. Not one year.
Passenger numbers are forecast to at least double.
It's not £200m over one year as you state.

If it's a good business proposition and not a black hole for the Welsh taxpayer, why isn't there a queue to buy it.
Cardiff Airport on 06:35 - Jul 23 with 550 viewsScotia

It's not the airport that's the problem it's the flights from there and surrounding infrastructure.

Build roads and subsidise airlines and it may be money well spent.
Cardiff Airport on 06:44 - Jul 23 with 541 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Airport on 06:35 - Jul 23 by Scotia

It's not the airport that's the problem it's the flights from there and surrounding infrastructure.

Build roads and subsidise airlines and it may be money well spent.

That's the real truth. If only the Welsh Government would build roads.
Cardiff Airport on 07:08 - Jul 23 with 508 viewsDr_Winston

The road situation is a bit of a non issue IMO. I dropped off/collected Mrs Winston and her kids from there a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't remotely difficult to get to, either motorways or A roads all the way, and one of them was on a Saturday lunchtime. More than good enough for the volume of traffic, even if, as the WG seem to think, it doubles.

Lets face it, if the airport was based in Pembrokeshire or even Swansea the WG would have let it die years ago. Probably wouldn't have bothered buying it in the first place. The only reason that they're obsessed with pumping money in, likely to be well over half a Billion eventually, is because "Cardiff needs an airport". Even if Cardiff doesn't actually have an airport now. Just one somewhere else that is close enough to steal and claim is their own.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff Airport on 07:08 - Jul 23 with 504 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff Airport on 06:44 - Jul 23 by Whiterockin

That's the real truth. If only the Welsh Government would build roads.

Bristol Airport roads are as bad if not worse. Leeds the same.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff Airport on 07:11 - Jul 23 with 497 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Airport on 07:08 - Jul 23 by builthjack

So you admit it needs improving.
Cardiff Airport on 07:34 - Jul 23 with 465 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Airport on 07:08 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

The road situation is a bit of a non issue IMO. I dropped off/collected Mrs Winston and her kids from there a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't remotely difficult to get to, either motorways or A roads all the way, and one of them was on a Saturday lunchtime. More than good enough for the volume of traffic, even if, as the WG seem to think, it doubles.

Lets face it, if the airport was based in Pembrokeshire or even Swansea the WG would have let it die years ago. Probably wouldn't have bothered buying it in the first place. The only reason that they're obsessed with pumping money in, likely to be well over half a Billion eventually, is because "Cardiff needs an airport". Even if Cardiff doesn't actually have an airport now. Just one somewhere else that is close enough to steal and claim is their own.

For an airport to be successful you need decent access from a radius of at least 70 miles. From the west and north it's not so bad but from the east of Newport it's not worth the risk of getting there on time. Cardiff Airport will never survive on purely Welsh customers and airlines know this. The reason some of the company’s like Jet2 are avoiding Cardiff.
Cardiff Airport on 08:25 - Jul 23 with 415 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff Airport on 07:11 - Jul 23 by Whiterockin

So you admit it needs improving.

It's easy to get to.

Cardiff Airport on 08:37 - Jul 23 with 413 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Airport on 07:08 - Jul 23 by builthjack

With respect Bristol isn't difficult to get to, either straight down the M5 or the Avonmouth route and the by pass takes you just a couple of miles from the Airport.

Fair play to you Builth you are a great cheer leader for the Welsh government 👍

Cardiff Airport on 08:57 - Jul 23 with 395 viewsScotia

Cardiff Airport on 07:08 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

It's not just getting to the airport it's getting to the area.

The tunnels are one issue the 50 mph M4 is another. Add that to rubbish and expensive buses and an almost non existent train service and it's a pain in the proverbial.

It's not difficult to get to for me from Swansea, but it should be easier. I wouldn't bother if I was coming from Newport.
Cardiff Airport on 09:41 - Jul 23 with 369 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Airport on 08:37 - Jul 23 by raynor94

With respect Bristol isn't difficult to get to, either straight down the M5 or the Avonmouth route and the by pass takes you just a couple of miles from the Airport.

Welsh people simply rely on English airports .
North ,it’s Man Hester or Liverpool
South ,it’s Bristol or Brom

Anyone travelling transatlantic has no choice but to go from England
England could really shaft Wales if it wanted to.

The whole country does not have transatlantic flights . Scotland has two .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff Airport on 11:22 - Jul 23 with 344 viewspencoedjack

Bristol Airport takes 50 minutes from my house Cardiff takes 20 minutes (Bristol can take longer due to the bottleneck at Newport but I am normally taking a 6 am flight).

I am unsure what these pro-Labour / Welsh nationalists don't understand but if you have the option to fly from to where you want for

A lower price
Better flight time

You are going to choose Bristol which has far more options than Cardiff.

Only a raving lunatic would choose to fly from Cardiff to try to save the vanity project of the Welsh government.
Cardiff Airport on 11:27 - Jul 23 with 339 viewsbuilthjack

I just tell the truth. Never had a problem getting to Cardiff airport. Never. Have flown from there about 30 times in theast 10 years.
Getting in to Cardiff Centre car parks is a nightmare, it takes an hour from when you get past Whitchurch. Sod that.

Cardiff Airport on 11:48 - Jul 23 with 328 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Airport on 11:27 - Jul 23 by builthjack

I just tell the truth. Never had a problem getting to Cardiff airport. Never. Have flown from there about 30 times in theast 10 years.
Getting in to Cardiff Centre car parks is a nightmare, it takes an hour from when you get past Whitchurch. Sod that.

I do prefer to fly from Cardiff, luckily enough they fly to Zante and Alicante which suits me down to the ground

But it's hell of a lot of taxpayers money put in, they need to increase numbers, they could do with getting EasyJet there.

They do try to get some money back at the bar, £6.50 a pint, £13.00 for a cooked breakfast 🍻😉

Cardiff Airport on 12:28 - Jul 23 with 322 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff Airport on 11:48 - Jul 23 by raynor94

I do prefer to fly from Cardiff, luckily enough they fly to Zante and Alicante which suits me down to the ground

But it's hell of a lot of taxpayers money put in, they need to increase numbers, they could do with getting EasyJet there.

They do try to get some money back at the bar, £6.50 a pint, £13.00 for a cooked breakfast 🍻😉

They need a group of good business people in to run it.
As you say, get Easyjet in there.
Build a few hotels and extra parking.
The sky really is the limit.

Cardiff Airport on 13:25 - Jul 23 with 294 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Airport on 11:48 - Jul 23 by raynor94

Free water at Manchester

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024