Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14,572 07:20 - Oct 5 with 6765 viewsWhiterockin

Last nights attendance, make all the excuses you like but this is poor. Take into consideration that this is tickets sold, so the actual attendance was far less .Plymouth we have sold out again for an away match, but don't seem able to get the gates at home. It's not the middle of winter, Norwich were a top six club at the time of kick off, we didn't have two home games in a week, it's not the holiday season, we won our previous two matches, so what is the reason and what do the club need to do about it.
14,572 on 12:43 - Oct 5 with 1345 viewsKeithHaynes

14,572 on 11:40 - Oct 5 by bennytheblue

Easy…..no need to bring us into it Kieth…..football is expensive these days. Personally I think midweek games are difficult to get to if you have kids to run about after school after work, can you be arsed to rush out again? Anyway, thanks for taking points off our promotion rivals it’s just what we needed…..

We do have a host of reasons on here given by Cardiff fans hence my post 😉
The whole of the country has the top six in their population. No matter where you look. My view on Cardiff you should be getting far more than you do, no matter the game, and I base that on population.

Some of your league cup turn outs at home have been shocking.

However, pleased to oblige on your teams promotion push. It’s been a fantastic ten days for Cardiff until losing at Blackburn and Middlesbrough. I’m uncertain if either of the top two Welsh sides have it in them to have a proper go at promotion.January business will be the clincher.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

14,572 on 12:52 - Oct 5 with 1328 viewsDoubeDoube

dodgey boxes and live streams also take their toll on live attendance
14,572 on 12:59 - Oct 5 with 1308 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 11:41 - Oct 5 by bennytheblue

From what I recall seeing more Liverpool fans out west than any other club no? The disgusting infestation is everywhere in south and west wales

Dead right
The rare not fans ,merely brand followers

South Wales means Swansea ,CRdiff or Newport

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

14,572 on 13:02 - Oct 5 with 1310 viewsAguycalledJack

It all goes back to the team playing attractive entertaining football. Iv'e had a season ticket since the age of 10, so nearly 40 years. During that time until recently it had to be something important/family related to keep me away. Originally from Swansea I now live in Carmarthen. First moved down 10 years ago and wouldn't miss a home game even if it was on TV. The last 2 years I found that I was travelling to games and quite frankly being bored for much of the 90 mins. I would watch a Saturday game but if home on a Tuesday Id watch on swans tv as I couldn't be bothered to travel up and back to be bored. Long story short, people want to be entertained. Couple that with our poor start and the floating fan isn't going to turn up. Hopefully, we now keep pushing on and more people will attend the games. In short, entertaining football matches puts bums on seats.
14,572 on 13:05 - Oct 5 with 1304 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 13:02 - Oct 5 by AguycalledJack

It all goes back to the team playing attractive entertaining football. Iv'e had a season ticket since the age of 10, so nearly 40 years. During that time until recently it had to be something important/family related to keep me away. Originally from Swansea I now live in Carmarthen. First moved down 10 years ago and wouldn't miss a home game even if it was on TV. The last 2 years I found that I was travelling to games and quite frankly being bored for much of the 90 mins. I would watch a Saturday game but if home on a Tuesday Id watch on swans tv as I couldn't be bothered to travel up and back to be bored. Long story short, people want to be entertained. Couple that with our poor start and the floating fan isn't going to turn up. Hopefully, we now keep pushing on and more people will attend the games. In short, entertaining football matches puts bums on seats.

As does winning games

14,572 on 14:39 - Oct 5 with 1244 viewsbennytheblue

14,572 on 12:43 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

We do have a host of reasons on here given by Cardiff fans hence my post 😉
The whole of the country has the top six in their population. No matter where you look. My view on Cardiff you should be getting far more than you do, no matter the game, and I base that on population.

Some of your league cup turn outs at home have been shocking.

However, pleased to oblige on your teams promotion push. It’s been a fantastic ten days for Cardiff until losing at Blackburn and Middlesbrough. I’m uncertain if either of the top two Welsh sides have it in them to have a proper go at promotion.January business will be the clincher.

Got to give the B team a run out at Blackburn, lost a few key players for boro who have picked up of late (Ramsey, Collins ( our best defender), bowler etc…still, a strange line up playing Adams at left back was it? Where he’s never played and it showed…..
And you are right, a city of Cardiff size should get 20,000 every game at least…..still heard it looked like about 12/13,000 at yours last night…not good eh? Maybe you will have to get used to not so great football entertainment for years like we did with some previous managers, can you be arsed to go and watch it?
14,572 on 14:43 - Oct 5 with 1244 viewsBryanSwan

To be fair, we've played some real rubbish football in the first few games this season, lost the derby and add that to Duffs dreadful press conferences and you can see why many can't be bothered.
£30 odd an adults ticket too, cost of living and all.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

14,572 on 15:29 - Oct 5 with 1210 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 14:43 - Oct 5 by BryanSwan

To be fair, we've played some real rubbish football in the first few games this season, lost the derby and add that to Duffs dreadful press conferences and you can see why many can't be bothered.
£30 odd an adults ticket too, cost of living and all.

With all due respect, 30 notes is what many would spend on an average night out
I

Login to get fewer ads

14,572 on 15:49 - Oct 5 with 1180 viewsbennytheblue

14,572 on 15:29 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

I

That’s just the taxi back and fore…..
14,572 on 17:44 - Oct 5 with 1131 viewsBryanSwan

14,572 on 15:29 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

I

With the way things are going people are cutting back somewhere. £30+ and more if you've got kids is a lot for a weeknight.

14,572 on 17:54 - Oct 5 with 1118 viewsWhiterockin

14,572 on 17:44 - Oct 5 by BryanSwan

With the way things are going people are cutting back somewhere. £30+ and more if you've got kids is a lot for a weeknight.

It's an expensive evening and difficult on a school night.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 17:56]
14,572 on 18:03 - Oct 5 with 1092 viewsSullutaCreturned

14,572 on 10:57 - Oct 5 by EagleEye

Big away followings up until yesterday has hidden the poor attendances until now. Midweek attendances & atmosphere are always down these days, such a difference to the Vetch days

A lot of people didn’t renew season tickets due to the dross served up by Martin for much of last season. It is no coincidence that the early bird offers ended when we were on that long run without a win last season. Hundreds didn’t renew because of that. Lots didn’t renew because of the ownership & transfer window fiasco last January. Add the abysmal start & the failure of Duff to win over many fans early in his tenure & we have what we have.

Because we never had poor attendances and poor atmospheres at the Vetch?

That's more blind eye than Eagl Eye.
14,572 on 18:17 - Oct 5 with 1078 viewsRhonddaSwans

Few more wins and you won't be able to get a ticket 😞 its the way it goes.
Get promotion and you will be lucky to get a seat on its own.

The fact is times are hard at the moment for most of us.
When you have to choose eating or football I think eating is the right choice.

So no fan should ever be shamed about not going.
The club should be slashing midweek game prices if they want a full ground.
Lets face it the atmosphere at the ground would be nothing without our one corner of the east stand.
This winning streak will lure people back, But the club showing it community spirit in these difficult time wouldn't hurt either.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

14,572 on 18:52 - Oct 5 with 1060 viewsGeoffThom

14,572 on 13:02 - Oct 5 by AguycalledJack

This in bucket loads ,that and we haven't a star player like a trundle to excite fans especially the kids .
We need a flair player anyway so let's hope Jan brings us one
14,572 on 19:02 - Oct 5 with 1054 viewsvetchonian

Jamal Lowe could be that player,shame Ginnely got crocked as he looked like a player to get you out of your seat.
midweek games are an issue for some before I retired I rended to miss them despite being a season ticket holder as it was a rush to get there and then it was late getting home with work the next day.
Once we start winning and playing "attractive " football then some floating fans will return but we shouldn't forget the current cost of living crisis.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

14,572 on 19:19 - Oct 5 with 1038 viewsKeithHaynes

14,572 on 19:02 - Oct 5 by vetchonian

Jamal Lowe could be that player,shame Ginnely got crocked as he looked like a player to get you out of your seat.
midweek games are an issue for some before I retired I rended to miss them despite being a season ticket holder as it was a rush to get there and then it was late getting home with work the next day.
Once we start winning and playing "attractive " football then some floating fans will return but we shouldn't forget the current cost of living crisis.

I think the costs are most certainly the issue Vetch.

Maybe the ‘richest man in the stadium’ will help out 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

14,572 on 19:20 - Oct 5 with 1036 viewsSullutaCreturned

It puzzles me when people think nigh on 15000 is a poor crowd. Back in 1982/83, in the old first division, wasn't our averge crowd less than 13K?

We are NOT a big club and we are in a poor area during a cost of living crisis. Couple that with our first 7 games and really, our crowds ain't bad.

As it goes a personal problem stopped me and my son going last night. Sometimes stuff happens, we all have lives, we are not mindless drones who turn up every game no matter what.
14,572 on 19:24 - Oct 5 with 1033 viewsvetchonian

14,572 on 19:19 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

I think the costs are most certainly the issue Vetch.

Maybe the ‘richest man in the stadium’ will help out 😂

I cant see Magicdaps putting his hand in his pocket

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

14,572 on 20:37 - Oct 5 with 981 viewsWhiterockin

14,572 on 19:20 - Oct 5 by SullutaCreturned

It puzzles me when people think nigh on 15000 is a poor crowd. Back in 1982/83, in the old first division, wasn't our averge crowd less than 13K?

We are NOT a big club and we are in a poor area during a cost of living crisis. Couple that with our first 7 games and really, our crowds ain't bad.

As it goes a personal problem stopped me and my son going last night. Sometimes stuff happens, we all have lives, we are not mindless drones who turn up every game no matter what.

The point in trying to make is the club should do more to intice the floating supporters and not just accept the situation. It makes you think when we take nearly 2,000 away twice this season and we can't get 15,000 at home. You can't really compare our attendance to 40 years ago because attendances in general are totally different, far more people attend matches now.
14,572 on 06:12 - Oct 6 with 875 viewsguthrieintherain

14,572 on 17:54 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

It's an expensive evening and difficult on a school night.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 17:56]

Seasons tickets are really good value especially if you are taking the kids.

One off games are expensive so not surprised at all with this crowd and so many people struggling to pay bills.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

14,572 on 07:36 - Oct 6 with 841 viewsshandyjack

Game was on the red button and also UK viewers could watch it on Swans TV for £10.
So for example the Watford game coming up,If a family of 4 were thinking of going to the game on a school night it would cost £32.50 an adult and depending on age of child a max of £12 a ticket. So theoretically that's £89 before transaction fees. Then add drinks and/or food and parking on top your talking over £100. The club need to have a rethink on midweek games, offering cheaper family deals and ticket incentives.

Poll: Expectation for the season

14,572 on 08:33 - Oct 6 with 817 viewsWhiterockin

14,572 on 07:36 - Oct 6 by shandyjack

Game was on the red button and also UK viewers could watch it on Swans TV for £10.
So for example the Watford game coming up,If a family of 4 were thinking of going to the game on a school night it would cost £32.50 an adult and depending on age of child a max of £12 a ticket. So theoretically that's £89 before transaction fees. Then add drinks and/or food and parking on top your talking over £100. The club need to have a rethink on midweek games, offering cheaper family deals and ticket incentives.

Completely agree. Midweek games are particularly difficult with children, with the added time it's nearly 10 before you get out of the ground, get the car and drive home its probably close to 11 getting home. I'm not sure earlier KO's would work as it would make it more difficult for people working that day. It needs some real imagination to solve the issue.
14,572 on 15:17 - Oct 6 with 710 viewsBryanSwan

14,572 on 07:36 - Oct 6 by shandyjack

Spot on mate, especially in the current climate.
Kids for a quid was always good, helps families with the cost and brings in younger fans.

14,572 on 15:23 - Oct 6 with 691 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 15:17 - Oct 6 by BryanSwan

Kids for a quid was always good, helps families with the cost and brings in younger fans.

My point is the population of Swansea Bay SHOUlD be enough to see us match the attendances of small cities like Norwich and indeed Ipswich .
I truly feel it is not about money . When we have been on the rise ,in the past, our gates have always been commensurate with that success and flow .
Duff has to start almost from scratch and we can only stick with him ( for now).

14,572 on 16:22 - Oct 6 with 667 viewsOptimisticJack

14,572 on 15:17 - Oct 6 by BryanSwan

Kids for a quid is so effective.
Get a child interested and potentially they become a fan for life.
Its a bit like making a payment installment on a life policy.

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024