Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman Andy Coleman 09:55 - Jul 7 with 3095 viewssw02sea

After my early blast of enthusiasm concerning the “New” investors, and the appointment of Duff, Watson and the 2 new signings, I’m starting to get a slight uneasy feeling with our Chairman.
His “significant” investment that hasn’t been registered in Companies house (yet?) is starting to ring small alarm bells for me.
Remember a certain Chris Pearlman anyone?
Same nice grey shiny suit, all the way from so good they named it twice, New York.
His mission statement when he came in 2016 was:

“I’m pleased and excited to be given the opportunity to help grow the Swansea City brand on a global basis. The club has a rich history and a fantastic story to tell. It will be my job to help tap into that from a commercial perspective, including the utilisation of new revenue streams and markets”

I hope Andy Coleman’s rhetoric is backed up with fundamental changes in the way we are run as a profession Championship set up, and not the smoke & mirrors of the past.

Let’s hope he takes the advice of his father, for the future of our football club.

‘Andy, don’t tell me what you are going to do, show me what you’ve done’.

Chairman Andy Coleman on 11:46 - Jul 8 with 538 viewsDr_Winston

Ultimately, other than his cash going to the other owners rather than directly into the club, it doesn't much matter what entity Coleman has invested in anyway. He's still going to need the club to do well to see a significant return on it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chairman Andy Coleman on 12:16 - Jul 8 with 511 viewsKeithHaynes

Chairman Andy Coleman on 11:46 - Jul 8 by Dr_Winston

Ultimately, other than his cash going to the other owners rather than directly into the club, it doesn't much matter what entity Coleman has invested in anyway. He's still going to need the club to do well to see a significant return on it.

I don’t know a lot about these types of dealings, but I do know how peoples minds work and how they strategise their thinking.

And this is correct for sure.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Chairman Andy Coleman on 12:27 - Jul 8 with 505 viewsDr_Winston

Chairman Andy Coleman on 12:16 - Jul 8 by KeithHaynes

I don’t know a lot about these types of dealings, but I do know how peoples minds work and how they strategise their thinking.

And this is correct for sure.

There is a culture of suspicion and mistrust about investors. Some of it entirely warranted and deserved on past events, and some of it largely unnecessary and tiresome.

Watching the amount of back and fore over this subject over the last few days when it really makes little difference at all has been weird.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chairman Andy Coleman on 14:36 - Jul 8 with 428 viewsswan_si

Chairman Andy Coleman on 10:26 - Jul 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

80 out if 90 top football clubs lose money. Is it worth investing unless you have money to burn?

Owning a big club is a way to make big money? Well, it’s not quite as simple as that, and the old adage, that the quickest way to become a millionaire is by starting out as a billionaire and buying a football club, still holds some weight.
Buying a football club can still be lucrative - with the right business tactics.

I read this a while back, thought at the time its worth copying for moments like this.
😉
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024