Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mone Money 16:36 - Dec 6 with 2078 viewsKeithHaynes

Oh dear what a shame.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-63871448

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Mone Money on 16:45 - Dec 6 with 1759 viewsWingstandwood

Take "leave of absence". She should resign end of!......Other stuff aside the PPE provided did not even meet standards of protection. Disgrace!!!!

Argus!

Mone Money on 04:11 - Dec 7 with 1691 viewsKilkennyjack

Mone Money on 16:45 - Dec 6 by Wingstandwood

Take "leave of absence". She should resign end of!......Other stuff aside the PPE provided did not even meet standards of protection. Disgrace!!!!

If found to be corrupt, then this is millions of pounds of public money.

We clapped the NHS, others saw a ‘business opportunity’…..

Jail time.

Beware of the Risen People

Mone Money on 07:33 - Dec 7 with 1670 viewsCatullus

Oh no, resigning leaves her with any benefits, there should an expulsion and loss of all benefits.

The good reasons for voting Labour are mounting up, Starmer saying abolishing the House of lords is on the cards is brilliant, ditch it and have an elected upper chamber. No more hereditary nonsense or religious interference. A chamber chosen by te people. What that also needs though is a very strict rulebook, no more wishy washy rules that allow so much leeway a clever person can drive a bus through them. Then an acceptance that rules will need to be reviewed and updated regularly as issues arise.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mone Money on 08:51 - Dec 7 with 1655 viewsraynor94

One reason for her standing down, she won't have to explain any changes to her financial interests.

This is one who should do jail time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mone Money on 10:19 - Dec 7 with 1637 viewscontroversial_jack

Yet, we blame migrants for our financial problems.
Mone Money on 10:33 - Dec 7 with 1631 viewsraynor94

Mone Money on 10:19 - Dec 7 by controversial_jack

Yet, we blame migrants for our financial problems.

Illegal immigrants cost us between £1-5 billion in lost tax revenues.

It certainly doesn't help

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mone Money on 10:46 - Dec 7 with 1617 viewsbritferry

she's spoken in the Lords 5 times since 2015 and has not voted since April, so some leave of absence

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Mone Money on 12:49 - Dec 7 with 1591 viewsbritferry

A second company that the Tory peer Michelle Mone lobbied ministers over in an attempt to secure government Covid contracts was a secret entity of her husband’s family office, the Guardian can reveal.

Lady Mone’s lobbying on behalf of the company, LFI Diagnostics, which she tried to help secure government contracts for Covid lateral flow tests, prompted a formal rebuke from a health minister who reminded her of “the need for propriety”.

A departmental source told the Guardian that Mone was “in a class of her own in terms of the sheer aggression of her advocacy” on behalf of LFI Diagnostics.

However, it is the revelation that the company was a secret entity of the office that manages the wealth of her husband, Douglas Barrowman, that will deepen the controversy over the Tory peer and her access to ministers.

On Tuesday, Mone’s spokesperson said that she was taking a leave of absence from the House of Lords with immediate effect, adding she was doing so “in order to clear her name of the allegations that have been unjustly levelled against her”.

Mone’s apparent lobbying during the pandemic of at least four Tory ministers — Matt Hancock, Michael Gove, Lord Agnew and Lord Bethell — is threatening to become a major scandal for the government.

In the House of Commons on Tuesday evening, MPs voted to force the government to release documents relating to £200m contracts that were given to PPE Medpro in June 2020, weeks after Mone referred it to Gove and Agnew, using their personal email addresses.

A crucial document seen by the Guardian suggests that both PPE Medpro and LFI Diagnostics were set up for the ultimate benefit of Barrowman and his family.

The document was prepared by Anthony Page, who runs Barrowman’s family office in the Isle of Man. It lists both PPE Medpro and LFI Diagnostics as “entities” of his family office, also known as the Knox family office.

A source familiar with the Barrowman family office said its “entities” are owned, either directly or indirectly, for the ultimate benefit of Barrowman or his family. While Page runs the family office, it is ultimately controlled by Barrowman, the source added.

Both Mone and Barrowman have repeatedly sought to distance themselves from PPE Medpro. Through their lawyers, both have denied any “involvement” in PPE Medpro, or any “role” in the process through which the company was awarded its government contracts. Mone’s lawyers also denied she benefited financially from the company.

However, the Guardian revealed last month that bank documents stated that Barrowman was paid at least £65m in profits from PPE Medpro in September 2020, and then distributed the funds through a series of offshore accounts, trusts and companies.

One of the recipients, bank records indicate, was a trust of which Mone and her adult children were the beneficiaries. It received £29m in funds originating from PPE Medpro profits in October 2020, the documents state.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

Mone Money on 16:32 - Dec 7 with 1526 viewsWingstandwood

Another interesting fact, apparently she has not spoken in Lords since 2020!

QUOTE: "Parliamentary records indicate Lady Mone has not spoken in the Lords since March 2020"...... And taken a leave of absence?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/michelle-mone-urged-quit-house-28671

Argus!

Mone Money on 22:26 - Dec 7 with 1472 viewsFireboy2

Mone Money on 12:49 - Dec 7 by britferry

A second company that the Tory peer Michelle Mone lobbied ministers over in an attempt to secure government Covid contracts was a secret entity of her husband’s family office, the Guardian can reveal.

Lady Mone’s lobbying on behalf of the company, LFI Diagnostics, which she tried to help secure government contracts for Covid lateral flow tests, prompted a formal rebuke from a health minister who reminded her of “the need for propriety”.

A departmental source told the Guardian that Mone was “in a class of her own in terms of the sheer aggression of her advocacy” on behalf of LFI Diagnostics.

However, it is the revelation that the company was a secret entity of the office that manages the wealth of her husband, Douglas Barrowman, that will deepen the controversy over the Tory peer and her access to ministers.

On Tuesday, Mone’s spokesperson said that she was taking a leave of absence from the House of Lords with immediate effect, adding she was doing so “in order to clear her name of the allegations that have been unjustly levelled against her”.

Mone’s apparent lobbying during the pandemic of at least four Tory ministers — Matt Hancock, Michael Gove, Lord Agnew and Lord Bethell — is threatening to become a major scandal for the government.

In the House of Commons on Tuesday evening, MPs voted to force the government to release documents relating to £200m contracts that were given to PPE Medpro in June 2020, weeks after Mone referred it to Gove and Agnew, using their personal email addresses.

A crucial document seen by the Guardian suggests that both PPE Medpro and LFI Diagnostics were set up for the ultimate benefit of Barrowman and his family.

The document was prepared by Anthony Page, who runs Barrowman’s family office in the Isle of Man. It lists both PPE Medpro and LFI Diagnostics as “entities” of his family office, also known as the Knox family office.

A source familiar with the Barrowman family office said its “entities” are owned, either directly or indirectly, for the ultimate benefit of Barrowman or his family. While Page runs the family office, it is ultimately controlled by Barrowman, the source added.

Both Mone and Barrowman have repeatedly sought to distance themselves from PPE Medpro. Through their lawyers, both have denied any “involvement” in PPE Medpro, or any “role” in the process through which the company was awarded its government contracts. Mone’s lawyers also denied she benefited financially from the company.

However, the Guardian revealed last month that bank documents stated that Barrowman was paid at least £65m in profits from PPE Medpro in September 2020, and then distributed the funds through a series of offshore accounts, trusts and companies.

One of the recipients, bank records indicate, was a trust of which Mone and her adult children were the beneficiaries. It received £29m in funds originating from PPE Medpro profits in October 2020, the documents state.

Absolutely disgusting, the people in charge have alot to answer for, the sooner they are gone the better so that the government can actually use the countries money for for many not the few.
Mone Money on 22:42 - Dec 7 with 1464 viewsmax936

Another despicable piece of greedy selfish shit.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mone Money on 22:45 - Dec 7 with 1463 viewsmax936

Mone Money on 08:51 - Dec 7 by raynor94

One reason for her standing down, she won't have to explain any changes to her financial interests.

This is one who should do jail time

They'll spend millions again on some sort of "internal investigation" of which any wrong doings will be papered over, disgusting.

Mone Money on 23:25 - Dec 7 with 1451 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What about the b*stards who gave her our money? And gave other friends our money too? Jail time for them likewise. Should have voted Corbyn - though some on here might say he would have approached the IRA for PPE or other such b*lllocks

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mone Money on 01:08 - Dec 8 with 1428 viewsRobbie

Another reason I despair and distrust any of our leaders , even from any political party .

No respect in what they say and promises on their actions , PM Question Time which is live on the tele , a ridiculous spectacle , just a shouting match .

Cameras in the House of Lords with the old and priveliged duffers nodding off and claiming expenses for attendance would be another comedy moment .

There again for all their faults , which are many , we are not living in some hell holes .
Mone Money on 10:59 - Dec 8 with 1396 viewscontroversial_jack

Mone Money on 10:33 - Dec 7 by raynor94

Illegal immigrants cost us between £1-5 billion in lost tax revenues.

It certainly doesn't help

She isn't on her own either. There are plenty more like her
Mone Money on 19:20 - Dec 8 with 1349 viewsmax936

Mone Money on 23:25 - Dec 7 by Brynmill_Jack

What about the b*stards who gave her our money? And gave other friends our money too? Jail time for them likewise. Should have voted Corbyn - though some on here might say he would have approached the IRA for PPE or other such b*lllocks

Brynnie can't argue with most of this, except the Corbyn bit,
I'd prefer Koko the Clown to the option of having Corbyn running the Country, there's a reason as to why he had his arse kicked into the universe by the Tories, I'm amazed by the number of people that can't see it

Mone Money on 20:24 - Dec 8 with 1335 viewsBryanSwan

Mone Money on 19:20 - Dec 8 by max936

Brynnie can't argue with most of this, except the Corbyn bit,
I'd prefer Koko the Clown to the option of having Corbyn running the Country, there's a reason as to why he had his arse kicked into the universe by the Tories, I'm amazed by the number of people that can't see it

Is it because most of the electorate are actually pretty thick and thought Boris was a good old chappy.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Mone Money on 21:56 - Dec 8 with 1307 viewsmajorraglan

Mone Money on 20:24 - Dec 8 by BryanSwan

Is it because most of the electorate are actually pretty thick and thought Boris was a good old chappy.

I’m not convinced Corbyn would have been a good PM, but I do think but I agree with your comments about most of the electorate.
Mone Money on 22:15 - Dec 8 with 1300 viewsmax936

Mone Money on 20:24 - Dec 8 by BryanSwan

I think calling people pretty thick is unfair, I will say that a lot of them follow the poll's/others and vote accordingly, probably because they don't know enough about politics so vote in the belief they're doing the right thing.

Mone Money on 07:08 - Dec 9 with 1271 viewsBryanSwan

Mone Money on 22:15 - Dec 8 by max936

I think calling people pretty thick is unfair, I will say that a lot of them follow the poll's/others and vote accordingly, probably because they don't know enough about politics so vote in the belief they're doing the right thing.

Someone said to me once when i was questioning how someone could be so dull to consider that if you were of average intelligence it would make half of the population less intelligent than yourself.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Mone Money on 22:34 - Dec 19 with 1179 viewsmajorraglan

Looks like the Government are now suing her to recover our money which was spent on substandard PPE. I wonder why it’s only now, nearly 2.5 years after the delivery that proceedings are being instigated. Call me a cynic, but have these proceedings only now started because papers like the Guardian have made life uncomfortable for the Government, or is it a case of starting proceedings now shuts down press interest and imposes reporting restrictions for a year or two in advance of the next GE? How many other cases are in the pipeline?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64029040
Mone Money on 08:28 - Dec 20 with 1110 viewsKilkennyjack

Mone Money on 22:34 - Dec 19 by majorraglan

Looks like the Government are now suing her to recover our money which was spent on substandard PPE. I wonder why it’s only now, nearly 2.5 years after the delivery that proceedings are being instigated. Call me a cynic, but have these proceedings only now started because papers like the Guardian have made life uncomfortable for the Government, or is it a case of starting proceedings now shuts down press interest and imposes reporting restrictions for a year or two in advance of the next GE? How many other cases are in the pipeline?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64029040

Its because Johnson and Mogg are gone.

If they were still there, this would have been covered up.

This tweet amazed me ….

Our post Brexit governments have not had even a basic competence. Shocking and with real world impacts.

Beware of the Risen People

Mone Money on 08:42 - Dec 20 with 1101 viewsBoundy

When you consider the expense account of many MPs then you can understand why so many are desperate to cling to power , the list below is from the 1st Oct 2021 - 30 Sept 2022 , + of course their subsidised travel, meals etc along with their salary then who wouldn't want to do the job , a job with no apparent skill set required

Our very own Carolyn Harris ,last year claimed over 250k
Steve Kinnock over 200k
Alun Cairns 176k
Stephen Doughty 196k
Tonia Antoniazzi 232k
Wayne David 197k
so when you consider what NHS staff are paid annually

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mone Money on 09:00 - Dec 20 with 1083 viewsSirjohnalot

Mone Money on 08:42 - Dec 20 by Boundy

When you consider the expense account of many MPs then you can understand why so many are desperate to cling to power , the list below is from the 1st Oct 2021 - 30 Sept 2022 , + of course their subsidised travel, meals etc along with their salary then who wouldn't want to do the job , a job with no apparent skill set required

Our very own Carolyn Harris ,last year claimed over 250k
Steve Kinnock over 200k
Alun Cairns 176k
Stephen Doughty 196k
Tonia Antoniazzi 232k
Wayne David 197k
so when you consider what NHS staff are paid annually

I’m not a fan of many MPs but their expenses also covers staff wages
Mone Money on 09:05 - Dec 20 with 1079 viewsBoundy

Mone Money on 09:00 - Dec 20 by Sirjohnalot

I’m not a fan of many MPs but their expenses also covers staff wages

Carolyn Harris's staff costs were 168 k