Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen 13:08 - Sep 8 with 59101 viewsSuperhoops2808

As if we didnt need more rubbish news, now the Queen appears to be very poorly
The Queen on 15:26 - Sep 8 with 4075 viewshantssi

The Queen on 15:09 - Sep 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Gathering the family, cancelling tomorrow’s changing of the guard and placing her on medical supervision suggests it’s a matter of time now.

I’m not a royalist, but we’ll miss her. She set an example of how to conduct yourself in public life, that sadly many of her own failed to follow. And, an example that many among our political classes would do well to learn from.

It’s a matter of time now.I suspect the Commonwealth will inevitably break apart shortly after she goes. These are more than the last flames of a person, they are the dying embers of a way of life that prevailed for centuries.

That pretty much sums up how I feel.
The Queen on 15:32 - Sep 8 with 4004 viewsdaveB

The Queen on 15:23 - Sep 8 by PinnerPaul

Not sure, Nicholas Witchall, been covering the royals for years and years and years for the BBC says nothing "imminent"

He is being very careful with his words but the tone has changed from shes not well to talking softly about the future. Lets face it Harry and Meghan are going up there so that should tell you all you need to know
The Queen on 15:44 - Sep 8 with 3888 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queen on 15:32 - Sep 8 by daveB

He is being very careful with his words but the tone has changed from shes not well to talking softly about the future. Lets face it Harry and Meghan are going up there so that should tell you all you need to know

Of course, just saying we can't make assumptions about timing at this stage.

Cancelling Trooping The Colour tomorrow seems pretty ominous to me though I have to admit.
The Queen on 15:48 - Sep 8 with 3827 viewsgazza1

The Queen on 15:44 - Sep 8 by PinnerPaul

Of course, just saying we can't make assumptions about timing at this stage.

Cancelling Trooping The Colour tomorrow seems pretty ominous to me though I have to admit.

I would suggest that the Queen is not with us any more.......I think Charles will make a statement later today.
The Queen on 15:50 - Sep 8 with 3810 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queen on 15:48 - Sep 8 by gazza1

I would suggest that the Queen is not with us any more.......I think Charles will make a statement later today.

Fair enough - who knows?

A sad/uncertain time in any event.
The Queen on 15:51 - Sep 8 with 3781 viewsgazza1

The Queen on 15:50 - Sep 8 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough - who knows?

A sad/uncertain time in any event.

Very sad indeed.....a proper person.
The Queen on 16:00 - Sep 8 with 3711 viewsslmrstid

The Queen on 15:51 - Sep 8 by gazza1

Very sad indeed.....a proper person.

I suspect you are correct gazza and they are waiting until the family are all there before they say anything. Wouldn't surprise me if it was later tonight.
The Queen on 16:01 - Sep 8 with 3701 viewsstowmarketrange

It certainly doesn’t look good for her to have all the family flying up there.She has done a wonderful job in her time as our queen though and you have to admire the way she has kept going through all her family’s problems over the last few years.
I doubt we’ll be going to a game this weekend too.
Login to get fewer ads

The Queen on 16:04 - Sep 8 with 3663 viewskensalriser

Funny how many are seeing a conspiracy here. Perhaps she is still alive but the doctors know she's on the way out. It took my dad nearly a week to die once it was beyond doubt, awful process.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Queen on 16:11 - Sep 8 with 3590 viewsNorthantsHoop

Her Majesty a great servant to this country, and even though she is very privileged from a generation that had strong sensible values. Operation London Bridge may soon if not already being enacted. If the Queen passes then unlikely any matches for the next 10 days or so.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 16:11]
The Queen on 16:14 - Sep 8 with 3534 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Queen on 16:04 - Sep 8 by kensalriser

Funny how many are seeing a conspiracy here. Perhaps she is still alive but the doctors know she's on the way out. It took my dad nearly a week to die once it was beyond doubt, awful process.

Conspiracy? Strange word to use. There’s lots of speculation that’s for sure. It’s normal for there to be a delay in announcing a death. Especially so with the Queen you’d have thought.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Queen on 16:20 - Sep 8 with 3437 viewsloftboy

A remarkable Lady, has been the one constant in this country my entire lifetime. She has done this country proud.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Queen on 16:23 - Sep 8 with 3399 viewsdaveB

We'll not see a Queen again in our life time, singing the National Anthem at the World Cup with it not being the Queen is gonna be weird.
The Queen on 16:29 - Sep 8 with 3335 viewsrobith

Her imminent death has been a punchline for most of my adult life, but it feels ominously close now doesn't it.

I'm not a believer in the monarchy, and I imagine her and I's world view are probably quite disparate but even from that perhaps naturally antagonistic position, one can't help but be impressed by her commitment to what she saw as her duty.

It's a weird memory to have of all her time on the throne, but I will always remember her sat on her own at her husband's funeral, no matter her grief, refusing to bend the rules, to set the example. When the pomp fades, when critique feels easier, that image and the strength it must have taken to be a leader will always stay with me
The Queen on 16:35 - Sep 8 with 3257 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queen on 16:29 - Sep 8 by robith

Her imminent death has been a punchline for most of my adult life, but it feels ominously close now doesn't it.

I'm not a believer in the monarchy, and I imagine her and I's world view are probably quite disparate but even from that perhaps naturally antagonistic position, one can't help but be impressed by her commitment to what she saw as her duty.

It's a weird memory to have of all her time on the throne, but I will always remember her sat on her own at her husband's funeral, no matter her grief, refusing to bend the rules, to set the example. When the pomp fades, when critique feels easier, that image and the strength it must have taken to be a leader will always stay with me

Nicely put.

Not many politicians gain that respect from 'opponents' - one of her greatest achievements will be the respect she has earned from those like you who don't embrace the monarchy.
The Queen on 16:43 - Sep 8 with 3174 viewscolinallcars

Ditto.
I'm not an ardent royalist but she's been there for my entire life.
She's been revered and respected around the globe.
When she came in, Britain had spearheaded the fight against nazis and was emerging from the war years and the struggle against austerity, to look forward to a brighter future.
All these years later, it's all gone to seed and it's no fault of hers.
It was, of course bound to come, but I'm very sad. As a poster said earlier, the media will be overbearing, but what do you expect ? Carrying on with “corrie”, and Eastenders ?
The Queen on 16:51 - Sep 8 with 3091 viewsSonofpugwash

Watching the BMW golf tourney at Wentworth and the flags are flying at half mast.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The Queen on 17:06 - Sep 8 with 2983 viewsLblock

Respect for that - a great post mate

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Queen on 17:10 - Sep 8 with 2925 viewsPaddyhoops

The Queen on 14:34 - Sep 8 by sprocket

As an Irish man and someone with no interest in royalty whatsoever, from afar you do have to admire the Queen for her achievements and service which have been remarkable. Her like will not be seen again.

Likewise 👏
The Queen on 17:12 - Sep 8 with 2900 viewsLblock

The Queen on 16:11 - Sep 8 by NorthantsHoop

Her Majesty a great servant to this country, and even though she is very privileged from a generation that had strong sensible values. Operation London Bridge may soon if not already being enacted. If the Queen passes then unlikely any matches for the next 10 days or so.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 16:11]

Is that what it's called now?

Decades ago the company I worked for was responsible for the logistics on this.
It did seem odd to me that we were on a retainer awaiting the death of the Queen and it was then extended to "state funerals". However once I got my head around it I was quite proud to be involved in something like that being a Royalist and Patriot.

I'd imagine the bollards will start coming down and the temporary stages up over the weekend.

Truly sad day

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Queen on 18:10 - Sep 8 with 2610 viewsdaveB

The Queen on 16:43 - Sep 8 by colinallcars

Ditto.
I'm not an ardent royalist but she's been there for my entire life.
She's been revered and respected around the globe.
When she came in, Britain had spearheaded the fight against nazis and was emerging from the war years and the struggle against austerity, to look forward to a brighter future.
All these years later, it's all gone to seed and it's no fault of hers.
It was, of course bound to come, but I'm very sad. As a poster said earlier, the media will be overbearing, but what do you expect ? Carrying on with “corrie”, and Eastenders ?

There will be rolling news and obits for a few days on tv, I think all sport at the weekend would be cancelled as well. we've had plans in place for this at ITV for years, is very delicate though and for every person who will moan about the coverage you would get another furious if we just carried on showing The Chase or whatever.

People have so much choice these days though with tv, it's pretty easy to find something else to watch
The Queen on 18:20 - Sep 8 with 2522 viewsgazza1

A process called 'Operation London Bridge' has been activated some time ago so it is very serious indeed......
The Queen on 18:23 - Sep 8 with 2505 viewsGloryHunter

The Queen on 18:20 - Sep 8 by gazza1

A process called 'Operation London Bridge' has been activated some time ago so it is very serious indeed......

Here is an interesting explanation of what will happen next. Worth a read.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabet
The Queen on 18:33 - Sep 8 with 2424 viewsgazza1

RIP
The Queen on 18:34 - Sep 8 with 2422 viewsQPR_John

Confirmed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024