Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! 10:00 - Mar 16 with 12702 viewsRAFC_Starling

I saw a post on Twitter saying that the EFL have reached a decision on their investigation into the hostile takeover by Morton House and the Club have been charged?!
Can anybody get some clarity on this? If it's true i'm surprised the Club have not released a statement.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 06:36 - Mar 17 with 2022 viewswozzrafc

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 23:40 - Mar 16 by RAFCBLUE

Open question:

Can anyone name me an instance where the EFL charged "a number of individuals"?

I can't find a living example of it.

Russ green got banned from football when he was ceo of Rochdale for infringements at his time at Hartlepool a few years back

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16339145.pools-hit-fa-charge-former-chie

That was the FA though
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 7:55]
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:14 - Mar 17 with 1837 viewsRAFCBLUE

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 06:36 - Mar 17 by wozzrafc

Russ green got banned from football when he was ceo of Rochdale for infringements at his time at Hartlepool a few years back

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16339145.pools-hit-fa-charge-former-chie

That was the FA though
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 7:55]

Thanks wozz. That was only one individual; plenty of instances of one person being charge.

But "a number of individuals" - the Sheffield Wednesday example is a good one but very rare.

The good thing reading that Sheffield Wednesday case is that the written reasons will be in the public domain at the end so they can be read forever and ever.

Very similar to the Office of Fair Trading Hasbro case.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:21 - Mar 17 with 1808 viewsjudd

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:14 - Mar 17 by RAFCBLUE

Thanks wozz. That was only one individual; plenty of instances of one person being charge.

But "a number of individuals" - the Sheffield Wednesday example is a good one but very rare.

The good thing reading that Sheffield Wednesday case is that the written reasons will be in the public domain at the end so they can be read forever and ever.

At the risk of being a pedant, there was more than 1 Hasbro case, resulting in millions, and I mean MILLIONS in fines being levied.

"I'm an instigator

A twisted instigator"

Poll: What is it to be then?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:22 - Mar 17 with 1799 viewsjudd

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 17:00 - Mar 16 by DaleiLama

A bustard flush?

Flush with what though?

Judges' names?

Poll: What is it to be then?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:23 - Mar 17 with 1798 viewswozzrafc

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:14 - Mar 17 by RAFCBLUE

Wonder if any of those records will find their way to HMRC and Customs
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:23 - Mar 17 with 1796 viewsHullDale

Its interesting that overnight a few of the troll accounts have started trying to lay the blame for this charge at the current board & trust's door.

'I’m sure everybody is very grateful with your continued compliance with the efl, including providing the evidence which has resulted in the punishment of your own club. If it’s a points deduction you’re down to non league. I think you’ve dropped a boo boo haven’t you.'

'Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your own face. So Due to the evidence provided by Dale Trust and Rochdale AFC…Rochdale AFC facilitates it’s own punishment which could genuinely result in relegation from the football league and casts doubt in its very existence 🥴'

Therein lies the difference between the wrong'uns and previous board and the people we have at the club today. The club today fully complies with the investigation, provides all relevant evidence and acts with honesty, integrity and openness. We have nothing to hide, so why shouldn't we? Compare that to Bottomley (& his well known communication style), Southall, Jarvis, Morton House et al and you can instantly see the difference... still they try to gaslight the fanbase, cause divisions, cause reputational damage at a time when we are in the press, and lay the blame for their own squalid failings at somebody else's door.

Whatever happens here, I'm proud to be a fan of the club in its current guise. I couldn't say that 12 months ago.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:34 - Mar 17 with 1769 viewswozzrafc

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:23 - Mar 17 by HullDale

Its interesting that overnight a few of the troll accounts have started trying to lay the blame for this charge at the current board & trust's door.

'I’m sure everybody is very grateful with your continued compliance with the efl, including providing the evidence which has resulted in the punishment of your own club. If it’s a points deduction you’re down to non league. I think you’ve dropped a boo boo haven’t you.'

'Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your own face. So Due to the evidence provided by Dale Trust and Rochdale AFC…Rochdale AFC facilitates it’s own punishment which could genuinely result in relegation from the football league and casts doubt in its very existence 🥴'

Therein lies the difference between the wrong'uns and previous board and the people we have at the club today. The club today fully complies with the investigation, provides all relevant evidence and acts with honesty, integrity and openness. We have nothing to hide, so why shouldn't we? Compare that to Bottomley (& his well known communication style), Southall, Jarvis, Morton House et al and you can instantly see the difference... still they try to gaslight the fanbase, cause divisions, cause reputational damage at a time when we are in the press, and lay the blame for their own squalid failings at somebody else's door.

Whatever happens here, I'm proud to be a fan of the club in its current guise. I couldn't say that 12 months ago.

Totally agree.

We don’t know what charges we have had made against us and whether it even carries a points punishment.

I think we need to trust in the hearing now and see what happens. Hopefully over the next couple of days the charges against the club, and more importantly against other individuals will become clear.

100% behind the club and the trust in the way we have approached this.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 10:35 - Mar 17 with 1549 viewsRAFCBLUE

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 08:23 - Mar 17 by HullDale

Well said HullDale.

And come rain or shine we will always be here, whatever league we play in.

Meanwhile, panic is still ensuing over a lost £1.2m caused the the frivolous and gung-ho nature of Captain Sabotage last July.

It's a lot of money to lose.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024