Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! 10:00 - Mar 16 with 12704 viewsRAFC_Starling

I saw a post on Twitter saying that the EFL have reached a decision on their investigation into the hostile takeover by Morton House and the Club have been charged?!
Can anybody get some clarity on this? If it's true i'm surprised the Club have not released a statement.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 12:01 - Mar 16 with 3966 viewsSuddenLad

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 11:58 - Mar 16 by huchen_karma

Wouldn't be the first time the board has lied though would it ;0)

Previous board maybe.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 12:03 - Mar 16 with 3960 viewsJames1980

Are you accusing our current board of lying. I'm not sure anyone on here can recall this episode. Any chance you can back up this potentially libellous statement?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 12:12 - Mar 16 with 3885 viewsSandyman

Here's 2 questions.

Who lied - Threatened high court action to stop the last RAFC EGM? Never happened. A lie.

Who lied - Threatened to publish damning articles against the club and Dale Trust in the local and national press earlier in this year? Never happened. A lie.

Have a look in the mirror, cock.

Everyone round here knows the answer to those two questions - he put his name on the lies, in writing.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 12:50 - Mar 16 with 3704 viewskel

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 11:25 - Mar 16 by RAFC_Starling

Ha, did anybody enjoy the game last night?! Given the dwindling attendances seems fans would rather watch paint dry. Board doing a great job though. Keep it up

I asked if YOU enjoyed the game, nobody else.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 15:15 - Mar 16 with 3381 viewsjoecooke

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 11:25 - Mar 16 by RAFC_Starling

Ha, did anybody enjoy the game last night?! Given the dwindling attendances seems fans would rather watch paint dry. Board doing a great job though. Keep it up

Do you honestly think that Rochdale supporters would put up with you and your cronies owning or being involved with our club?

Your deluded fella

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 15:56 - Mar 16 with 3259 viewsTomRAFC

You’ve chosen a fine username for your “first” post…

Starlings are fascinating creatures. They used to be quite prevalent but are becoming less so, and the males struggle to keep a mate. They tend to flock together and the nests are often abandoned, strewn with droppings. Whilst starlings tend to sing almost incessantly throughout the seasons, what can be heard is usually mimicry, rather than their true song. When frequenting populated areas, starlings appear as obviously greedy and spy like. Some birdwatchers have even been seen to ward starlings off, for fear they will prevent more welcome birds from coming to the same spot. Some, however, find watching their hubristic antics very entertaining.

Have you had to leave your home full of faeces following a failed relationship?
Have you offered mimicry instead of song?
Have your greedy underhand antics led to you being chased away, or laughed at?

You’re a pathetic attempt at a person, but you’re a brilliant starling.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 15:56 - Mar 16 with 3263 viewsRAFCBLUE

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 15:15 - Mar 16 by joecooke

Do you honestly think that Rochdale supporters would put up with you and your cronies owning or being involved with our club?

Your deluded fella

And there is the crux.

On 1st June the Directors (of the time) withdrew their motions on investment on the night, save for them being voted down.

In July 2021, the EFL confirm the rules were breached.

The EFL must realise - and I am sure they do - that supporters would just boycott Morton House, Alexander Jarvis, Matthew Southall or anyone else who supporters felt didn't have the club at heart.

I've found it really interesting that Southall hasn't once appeared at any game this season. When you listen to Charlton fans he appeared at fans events, in the Directors box at games and in lots of other places.

With us, he stated to the Dale Trust that he didn't want to takeover.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/10/10010/

Southall said that the deal was purely as an investment, and nothing more than that, adding that he had no intentions of taking over.

Perhaps Southall will be in the away end at Leyton Orient?

Then again, perhaps not.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 16:19 - Mar 16 with 3136 viewsDaleiLama

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 15:56 - Mar 16 by TomRAFC

You’ve chosen a fine username for your “first” post…

Starlings are fascinating creatures. They used to be quite prevalent but are becoming less so, and the males struggle to keep a mate. They tend to flock together and the nests are often abandoned, strewn with droppings. Whilst starlings tend to sing almost incessantly throughout the seasons, what can be heard is usually mimicry, rather than their true song. When frequenting populated areas, starlings appear as obviously greedy and spy like. Some birdwatchers have even been seen to ward starlings off, for fear they will prevent more welcome birds from coming to the same spot. Some, however, find watching their hubristic antics very entertaining.

Have you had to leave your home full of faeces following a failed relationship?
Have you offered mimicry instead of song?
Have your greedy underhand antics led to you being chased away, or laughed at?

You’re a pathetic attempt at a person, but you’re a brilliant starling.

As I'm sure you know Tom, they also form murmurations - fast moving, amorphous collectives designed to keep individuals indistinguishable from the group in an attempt to avoid unwanted attention.

In fact the very MO of most of the businesses involved in the hostile takeover and the make up of the MH board. Funny how art imitates life huh?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 16:28 - Mar 16 with 3090 viewsnordenblue

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 16:19 - Mar 16 by DaleiLama

As I'm sure you know Tom, they also form murmurations - fast moving, amorphous collectives designed to keep individuals indistinguishable from the group in an attempt to avoid unwanted attention.

In fact the very MO of most of the businesses involved in the hostile takeover and the make up of the MH board. Funny how art imitates life huh?

We're very excited to have a confirmed sighting of the lesser spotted bald starling, known to very rarely frequent the northern reaches of these shores.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 16:50 - Mar 16 with 2977 viewsDaleiLama

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 16:28 - Mar 16 by nordenblue

We're very excited to have a confirmed sighting of the lesser spotted bald starling, known to very rarely frequent the northern reaches of these shores.

I confess I was surprised he wasn't posting under RAFC coot!

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 16:58 - Mar 16 with 2926 viewsjudd

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 16:28 - Mar 16 by nordenblue

You might be thinking of the Great Tit or even a Bustard.

Poll: What is it to be then?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 17:00 - Mar 16 with 2910 viewsDaleiLama

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 16:58 - Mar 16 by judd

You might be thinking of the Great Tit or even a Bustard.

A bustard flush?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 17:03 - Mar 16 with 2876 viewsD_Alien

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 16:50 - Mar 16 by DaleiLama

I confess I was surprised he wasn't posting under RAFC coot!

tbf, he's got ambitions

From being a cock, to being a cockatoo

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 17:09 - Mar 16 with 2826 viewsNorthernDale

I cannot understand why the club as been charged, we are the victims, but it is typical EFL, who do not care about clubs like the Dale, but will bend over backwards for clubs like Derby.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 17:16 - Mar 16 with 2796 views442Dale

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 17:09 - Mar 16 by NorthernDale

I cannot understand why the club as been charged, we are the victims, but it is typical EFL, who do not care about clubs like the Dale, but will bend over backwards for clubs like Derby.

Could be wrong, but isn’t this latest development one that has been expected as part of the process?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 20:35 - Mar 16 with 2383 views49thseason

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 17:16 - Mar 16 by 442Dale

Could be wrong, but isn’t this latest development one that has been expected as part of the process?

You may have a point, If the EFL do not charge the club and hold it to account for what happened, they cannot be seen as being even handed in the process. It also gives the Club an opportunity to explain what happened from its perspective and what has been done to prevent it happening again.
There are undoubtedly issues with people associated with the club but it can be argued that the shareholders have taken appropriate action to ensure a similar event never happens again. Clearly "The Club" invited discussions about potential investment, fair enough, but some Directors were accepting secret bids for their shares, a clear conflict of interest. That we have cleansed the stable and installed a new BoD may answer the EFL charges. Is a points deduction appropriate when there has been no on-field advantage? that would seem extremely harsh. I suppose they could impose a notional fine simply to underline that their rules are not to be taken lightly. But how do you inform the EFL that a secret , hostile takeover is in progress if you didn't know it was and who takes responsibility if all the board are getting inflated secret offers for their shares?
I still think we ought to consider altering the Articles of Association to reflect the practice in LSE quoted companies where a bidder acquiring more than 30% has to offer the other 70% of shareholders the same highest price for their shares quoted in the previous 12 months. In practice in a private company this could be written into the Articles as being the same as the average price paid in acquiring the initial 30%

If we are considered to be fan owned we should protect shareholders from the secret, private sale of shares for inflated prices with a simple change in the Articles that protects all shareholders at least monetarily and makes a take over much more expensive and therefore less likely.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 20:37 - Mar 16 with 2380 viewsblackdogblue

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 11:30 - Mar 16 by Alan_ADale

so obvious who is behind huchen and starling. it's the parasite twins isn't it.

Yep.. they will be as welcome as more important things in life in the news…

Beware

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 21:10 - Mar 16 with 2260 viewsNorthernDale

Huchen and Starling, personally I thought the game was good to watch last night, ps I would rather watch the club owned by the fans, then one owned by people like Southall. The crowd would be non-existent if Southall and the other people involved in the attempted were in charge of the club. I for one, would not be attending any of the games and I think I speak for most fans.

May I ask what as the club been charged with, what is the actually charge, not letting the shysters take over and destroy the club? In that the present board as been honest in its dealings with the EFL, so I am baffled to how the present board may have broken any rules.

The dishonesty belongs with Curran, Jarvis, Morton House and of course Southall, who ignored the EFL rules, along with former employees and directors of the club. For example if you look at the Charlton dossier, Southall was seen then less the honest in his behaviour, claims and comments by the fans. So for anyone to suggest that the club may have been less then honest (another lie, like the claims of of use not surviving the season due to financial reasons), when a person like Southall was found guilty by a court of acting in a dishonest manner, whilst seeking to remove other directors from a company, shows how desperate and sad these people are.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 21:31]
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 21:22 - Mar 16 with 2225 viewsTVOS1907

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 17:09 - Mar 16 by NorthernDale

The club they've taken 21 points off?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 21:41 - Mar 16 with 2153 viewsNorthernDale

I was referring to how to how the EFL seem to go the extra mile for bigger clubs and us minnows are not supported in a similar manner. I hope Derby survive and overcome the problems they have at present, because the fans deserve a club to support. A prime example of the EFL double standards was seen with the way they seem to have had one approach for Bolton and another for Bury,
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 21:51]
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 21:48 - Mar 16 with 2119 viewsD_Alien

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 21:22 - Mar 16 by TVOS1907

The club they've taken 21 points off?

The EFL must have a helluva team...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 23:28 - Mar 16 with 1936 viewsDalenet

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 21:10 - Mar 16 by NorthernDale

Huchen and Starling, personally I thought the game was good to watch last night, ps I would rather watch the club owned by the fans, then one owned by people like Southall. The crowd would be non-existent if Southall and the other people involved in the attempted were in charge of the club. I for one, would not be attending any of the games and I think I speak for most fans.

May I ask what as the club been charged with, what is the actually charge, not letting the shysters take over and destroy the club? In that the present board as been honest in its dealings with the EFL, so I am baffled to how the present board may have broken any rules.

The dishonesty belongs with Curran, Jarvis, Morton House and of course Southall, who ignored the EFL rules, along with former employees and directors of the club. For example if you look at the Charlton dossier, Southall was seen then less the honest in his behaviour, claims and comments by the fans. So for anyone to suggest that the club may have been less then honest (another lie, like the claims of of use not surviving the season due to financial reasons), when a person like Southall was found guilty by a court of acting in a dishonest manner, whilst seeking to remove other directors from a company, shows how desperate and sad these people are.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 21:31]

I think they have to view this as a corporate act - the club acted inappropriately at the time not the current board. What could that mean? That the Board or its officers acted inappropriately by offering the club for sale ouitside the EFL rules. There will be a defence, including that shareholders sacked Board members and installed a new Board to run the club. Individuals acting inappropriately will also face sanctions. Time will tell. But we shouldn't be too alarmed. Its all going to come out in the wash - just as Competition Act breaches do.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 23:40 - Mar 16 with 1907 viewsRAFCBLUE

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 23:28 - Mar 16 by Dalenet

I think they have to view this as a corporate act - the club acted inappropriately at the time not the current board. What could that mean? That the Board or its officers acted inappropriately by offering the club for sale ouitside the EFL rules. There will be a defence, including that shareholders sacked Board members and installed a new Board to run the club. Individuals acting inappropriately will also face sanctions. Time will tell. But we shouldn't be too alarmed. Its all going to come out in the wash - just as Competition Act breaches do.

Open question:

Can anyone name me an instance where the EFL charged "a number of individuals"?

I can't find a living example of it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 23:52 - Mar 16 with 1875 viewslyberoc

EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 23:40 - Mar 16 by RAFCBLUE

Open question:

Can anyone name me an instance where the EFL charged "a number of individuals"?

I can't find a living example of it.

Sheffield Wednesday
The EFL’s handling of the second charge was heavily condemned as they brought individual charges against Chansiri, Wednesday’s chief executive at the time Katrien Meire and financial director John Redgate and then later dropped them, with the written reasons saying any deliberate deception was “inherently improbable”.
EFL Investigation complete - Club CHARGED! on 05:52 - Mar 17 with 1748 viewsNorthernDale

What is the time frame for the verdict to be announced, will it be weeks or months?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024