Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich 13:02 - Feb 14 with 114897 viewsloftboy

Should the worst happen and the Russians invade, I suspect that many rich Russians in the UK will be part of the proposed sanctions, could this affect our foes down the road?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:24 - Mar 2 with 3774 viewskensalriser

Very telling that Abramovich fled to Moscow as soon as this all kicked off.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:28 - Mar 2 with 3713 viewsbosh67

There have been reports that he is actually trying to broker a peace deal, which is why he has gone to Moscow.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:32 - Mar 2 with 3695 viewsdaveB

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:16 - Mar 2 by BerkoRanger

Are they for sale?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60585081

selling them before he gets sanctions put on him
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:35 - Mar 2 with 3669 viewsEastR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:28 - Mar 2 by bosh67

There have been reports that he is actually trying to broker a peace deal, which is why he has gone to Moscow.

the same reports that claim he has no personal relationship or business dealings with Putin presumably

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:52 - Mar 2 with 3629 viewsnadera78

Ha!

Yet another story his people have drip fed to the clowns at Sky Sports News. I believe the phrase is 'useful idiots'.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:11 - Mar 2 with 3554 viewsRs_Holy

Kier Starmer sticking the boot in at PM's questions
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:37 - Mar 2 with 3475 viewswood_hoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:30 - Mar 2 by nadera78

Anyway, Abramovich is clearly flogging his UK assets before he gets named in any sanctions. Houses up for sale and now Chelsea being offered to all and sundry. Apparently they owe him something between £1.5 and £2billion. At the lower end, that means they've lost an average of £80millon every year of his ownership. God knows what sort of value you'd place on a business that loses that sort of money.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/02/chelsea-swiss-billionaire-hansj

Even funnier news, apparently Mike Ashley has offered Roman 4 pairs of adidas 4 stripe and a bag for life.

No doubt Twitter bullshite, but things keep getting better and better for that lot in SW6
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:47 - Mar 2 with 3289 viewsessextaxiboy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:37 - Mar 2 by wood_hoop

Even funnier news, apparently Mike Ashley has offered Roman 4 pairs of adidas 4 stripe and a bag for life.

No doubt Twitter bullshite, but things keep getting better and better for that lot in SW6

Visiting Chelsea forums is a welcome chink of enjoyment in an otherwise gloomy world ATM .
Login to get fewer ads

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:41 - Mar 2 with 3166 viewsGreenbay

Well said Matthew Syed in The Times.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 12:52]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:06 - Mar 2 with 3072 viewsEsox_Lucius

I find it difficult to believe that no-one has commented on this link to the Russian Report?
https://isc.independent.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/CCS207_CCS0221966010-0

The grass is always greener.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:16 - Mar 2 with 3019 viewsLythamR

If Mittal/Bhattia really loved us they would buy Chelsea now and turn it into a Lidl
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:18 - Mar 2 with 3003 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:06 - Mar 2 by Esox_Lucius

I find it difficult to believe that no-one has commented on this link to the Russian Report?
https://isc.independent.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/CCS207_CCS0221966010-0

Blimey!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:36 - Mar 2 with 2930 viewsJuzzie

"Page Not Found"

What did it say?
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:01 - Mar 2 with 2846 viewsBucksRanger

I think this link takes you to the same report Juzzie.

https://isc.independent.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/ISC-Annual-Report-2019
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 16:21]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:01 - Mar 2 with 2843 viewskensalriser

No, this happened several days after he fled to Moscow, at the request of the Ukrainian president.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:34 - Mar 2 with 2737 viewsEsox_Lucius

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:36 - Mar 2 by Juzzie

"Page Not Found"

What did it say?

The link on my original post on page 14 still works ???

The grass is always greener.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:34 - Mar 2 with 2534 viewsVancouverHoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:16 - Mar 2 by BerkoRanger

Are they for sale?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60585081

Yup.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/03/02/statement-from-roman-abramovich?utm
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:45 - Mar 2 with 2481 viewsCiderwithRsie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:34 - Mar 2 by VancouverHoop

Yup.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/03/02/statement-from-roman-abramovich?utm

In two minds about this.

I've always said that all fans hate their local rivals, but in our case they really are the most odious club in football. If they aren't owned by a scumbag any more, what next? Human beings for fans? I might have to admit I just don't like them.

Still. Premier League, innit, there's bound to be another utterbastard along in a minute.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:06 - Mar 2 with 2408 viewsVancouverHoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:45 - Mar 2 by CiderwithRsie

In two minds about this.

I've always said that all fans hate their local rivals, but in our case they really are the most odious club in football. If they aren't owned by a scumbag any more, what next? Human beings for fans? I might have to admit I just don't like them.

Still. Premier League, innit, there's bound to be another utterbastard along in a minute.

Possibly, but it might take awhile. I'm guessing that this is a scary time for multi-billionaires. Also just because Chelsea FC is for sale, doesn't mean Abramovich will actually sell it. The optics for are good right now, but the market isn't. He's maybe hoping he'll deflect some attention by appearing to "do the right thing." When and if the smoke clears somewhat, he could well take it off the market.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:11 - Mar 2 with 2387 viewsPunteR

This isn't going to end well is it.? If Roman Abromavich is selling up I don't think he has much faith in Putin doing the right thing any time soon.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:18 - Mar 2 with 2362 viewsVancouverHoop

He's definitely in the spotlight right now.

From The Globe & Mail (Canada)

"Mr. Abramovich is No. 1 on a list of 35 people drawn up by allies of jailed Kremlin critic Alexey Navalny. This list of proposed targets names wealthy Russians, government officials and business leaders whom Mr. Navalny’s supporters say should face sanctions to put pressure on Mr. Putin.

To date, he has not been targeted with sanctions by Western countries. On Monday, Reuters reported that the businessman had accepted a Ukrainian request to help negotiate an end to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Mr. Abramovich is the owner of England’s Chelsea soccer club and a significant shareholder in steelmaker Evraz PLC, which through a subsidiary has steel-production facilities in Canada."
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 19:18]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:18 - Mar 2 with 2363 viewsCiderwithRsie

New Chelsea owner announced

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:50 - Mar 2 with 2282 viewsSonofpugwash

Well Sleepy Joe Biden nailed it last night in his State Of The Onion speech....
"Putin is encircling Kyiv but he’ll never win the heart and soul of the Iranian people.”
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 19:51]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 19:57 - Mar 2 with 2255 viewsmylot50years

Putin's Bitch
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:19 - Mar 2 with 3743 viewsjohncharles

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:16 - Mar 2 by LythamR

If Mittal/Bhattia really loved us they would buy Chelsea now and turn it into a Lidl

We start a Crowd Fundraiser to help them (Mittal and Bhattia)
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 20:21]

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024