Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season changing match hopefully 17:04 - Sep 18 with 2830 viewsWalterBoyd

That will be great for morale.

Russ hopefully has a better idea after that, who to start with. His best players.

Let's use this as a springboard to an improved season.

There is light at end of the tunnel.
Season changing match hopefully on 20:40 - Sep 18 with 729 viewsonehunglow

Season changing match hopefully on 20:16 - Sep 18 by Sirjohnalot

Yes but also a game which we should never have drawn from the position we were in. We’re still in September, this is a complete rebuild, players are still coming to full fitness, some having had COVID, it’s going to take a good couple of months. It takes a decent side to come back from 3-0. Had that game gone on longer we’d have won

That' s a good riposte and some substance in that.
It's all heresay ,anyway

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Season changing match hopefully on 20:41 - Sep 18 with 735 viewsWalterBoyd

Playing Saturday and midweek. Are people suggesting best 5 players play every minute of every match ?
Season changing match hopefully on 20:44 - Sep 18 with 710 viewsonehunglow

Season changing match hopefully on 20:41 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

Playing Saturday and midweek. Are people suggesting best 5 players play every minute of every match ?

No Walt.They are not.
Do you have reading issues as you seem to be misreading matters.
Look at what is posted rather than the uername.That is the way to go.

Now then,why did Russ say Olivier needed games to get match fit then bench him. Off ya go Champ.

Season changing match hopefully on 20:50 - Sep 18 with 717 viewsjackrmee

Season changing match hopefully on 20:44 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

No Walt.They are not.

Now then,why did Russ say Olivier needed games to get match fit then bench him. Off ya go Champ.

He has said that the plan today was to give Walshy 60 minutes, but had to bring Ntcham on early due to the first hal.
Was obviously wanting to have a proper go at Brighton, with Ntcham.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Season changing match hopefully on 20:55 - Sep 18 with 708 viewsPrivate_Partz

Season changing match hopefully on 17:39 - Sep 18 by A_Fans_Dad

For god's sake give it a rest, we managed to Draw.
You guys are making it sound like we won 6 nil.

Must say it feels like that. I would have taken a draw before kick off in view of what RM is currently trying to do with the team. Also no win is EVER guaranteed in this division.
First half shows however he still has a lot of work to do with some members of the squad.
The encouraging signs are there though. Oliver and Piroe seem worth the admission fee alone. I have not felt that way for many moons about players in our team.
I am quite optimistic and excited about the future. I hope our gamble on a young progressive manager pays off.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Season changing match hopefully on 20:56 - Sep 18 with 706 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Season changing match hopefully on 19:29 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

Agree.
And those 3 along with Laird, are the only nailed on players in the squad right now IMO.

Martin clearly wants Grimes in there, but the rest are still playing for their places and I'm not sure who I'd even pick.

I do like Downes and from what I've seen, Walsh.
Don't see a way he can fit all 4 midfielders in though, if we want to play 2 upfront, which I think we do.

Grimes sadly is far to slow in thought and deed for this system. I fully agree with the Doc - the Downes Nitcham Walsh axis must be tried out. I have a feeling that the speeded up possession game will give our wing backs much needed front foot ball. They need to be stealing a March on their opponents and getting in behind.

With a technically gifted striker in Piroe and a pacy partner in Obafemi we could have a very potent attacking game.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Season changing match hopefully on 21:02 - Sep 18 with 689 viewsjackrmee

Season changing match hopefully on 20:56 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Grimes sadly is far to slow in thought and deed for this system. I fully agree with the Doc - the Downes Nitcham Walsh axis must be tried out. I have a feeling that the speeded up possession game will give our wing backs much needed front foot ball. They need to be stealing a March on their opponents and getting in behind.

With a technically gifted striker in Piroe and a pacy partner in Obafemi we could have a very potent attacking game.

Yeah I do agree. I would probably go for DOwnes Ntcham Walsh too, but I don't think RM will.

Also agree with the WB comments.
It's strange though. Bidwell is always waiting like a sprinter on their blocks, directly on the shoulder of his defender, ready to latch on to the ball over the top.
But Laird always cuts back inside in order to receive the ball, which causes him to have a player to dribble past. He does manage to win the dribble most of the time though.
Just seems strange that both WBs use different tactics.

Oba and Piroe should compliment eachother perfectly. They simply must start together.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Season changing match hopefully on 21:07 - Sep 18 with 681 viewsWalterBoyd

Season changing match hopefully on 20:44 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

No Walt.They are not.

If players are not match fit you dont play them for 90 minutes.

They either start and you sub them at some stage, or you dont start them and bring them on later in the match.

Am I really having to explain the impact of not being match fit means. Dear Lord.
Login to get fewer ads

Season changing match hopefully on 21:09 - Sep 18 with 670 viewsDr_Winston

Season changing match hopefully on 21:07 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

They either start and you sub them at some stage, or you dont start them and bring them on later in the match.

Am I really having to explain the impact of not being match fit means. Dear Lord.

You probably are.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Season changing match hopefully on 21:33 - Sep 18 with 622 viewsonehunglow

Season changing match hopefully on 21:07 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

Don't bring Jesus into it.He caued all sorts of bother.

Do I have to paint a picture of the Moon for you.

Allah be praised

Season changing match hopefully on 21:39 - Sep 18 with 621 viewsdobjack2

Season changing match hopefully on 20:56 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Under Cooper amongst other things we moved the ball far too slowly. Under Martin we also need to speed things up. Any common denominator?

I know Martin usually played with 2 defensive midfielders at MK Dons however I agree that certainly at home once/provided all are fully fit Downes Walsh and Ntcham should be tried with Piroe and Obafemi.

My concern though is the pace of our central defenders to deal with us giving the ball away in midfield or dealing with counter attacks.

Probably a comment that will come back to haunt me.
Season changing match hopefully on 21:46 - Sep 18 with 594 viewsonehunglow

Season changing match hopefully on 21:39 - Sep 18 by dobjack2

Under Cooper amongst other things we moved the ball far too slowly. Under Martin we also need to speed things up. Any common denominator?

I know Martin usually played with 2 defensive midfielders at MK Dons however I agree that certainly at home once/provided all are fully fit Downes Walsh and Ntcham should be tried with Piroe and Obafemi.

My concern though is the pace of our central defenders to deal with us giving the ball away in midfield or dealing with counter attacks.

JEEEEZ
It should be obvious but...
Grimes slows it all down.sideways or backwards,pitiful corners and free kicks.Great left foot?More Daniel Day Lewis.
Downes being sbbed is right up there with dumbness when Grimes should have been hooked.Sadly our manager hasnt the balls.

Walsh really does need games but is fragile and for that reason,a poor acquistion.

Downes - Ntcham - Walsh/Paterson- Manning would do for me and deploy Piroe and Michael up front -as a unit.Two forwards eh.

Season changing match hopefully on 21:47 - Sep 18 with 599 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Season changing match hopefully on 21:39 - Sep 18 by dobjack2

I agree - Paterson is so weak on the ball he was quite effortlessly turned over today. I felt sorry for Downes, he paid the price for others shortcomings as well as his own. Grimes - definitely the common denominator. Slows things terribly and one footed in the extreme. He’s prone to get caught in possession but today he misplaced quite a few balls. Walsh needs the minutes, I sincerely hope he gets a start at Brighton.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Season changing match hopefully on 23:06 - Sep 18 with 549 viewsWalterBoyd

Season changing match hopefully on 21:47 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree - Paterson is so weak on the ball he was quite effortlessly turned over today. I felt sorry for Downes, he paid the price for others shortcomings as well as his own. Grimes - definitely the common denominator. Slows things terribly and one footed in the extreme. He’s prone to get caught in possession but today he misplaced quite a few balls. Walsh needs the minutes, I sincerely hope he gets a start at Brighton.

I feel like the lone voice that actually thinks Paterson is doing fine.

Certainly better than many in the squad. He gives his all. Tries to play positive football. Got goals in him.
Season changing match hopefully on 23:11 - Sep 18 with 546 viewsCatullus

Season changing match hopefully on 20:03 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

Neither should fans be afraid to say if they are unhappy as we all were at 3.45 today.

A game we could and should have won

That's football for you some games you should win but lose and vice versa, some games you should lose but claim a draw like today. I think I've seen every variety of what is possible in terms of results, I've been unhappy after 45 and ecstatic after 90 and ecstatic at 45 and gone home miserable. Isn't that why we love the game?

We didn't win but now we are unbeaten in three and just maybe the next home game will be the three points, I live in hope.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Season changing match hopefully on 23:19 - Sep 18 with 544 viewsdobjack2

Season changing match hopefully on 23:06 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

Certainly better than many in the squad. He gives his all. Tries to play positive football. Got goals in him.

My view of Paterson when we signed him was that he would be a good squad player and an option off the bench. I think he is doing a decent job as others build up fitness.

Once we have a full and fit squad it will be interesting to see what the best balanced midfield and attack is. Also, the championship is such a tough league because the games come so fast and you can't play your favoured 11 all of the time so there may be several variations.
Season changing match hopefully on 23:22 - Sep 18 with 541 viewsWalterBoyd

4 away games played. A win and a draw. 4 points. That's great away form, a point a match away from home is more than acceptable.

Kick into gear at home, Huddersfield next, and people can breath more easily.
Season changing match hopefully on 23:28 - Sep 18 with 539 viewsmax936

Nope, I thought Paterson did well enough, decent player.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Season changing match hopefully on 00:00 - Sep 19 with 510 viewsItchySphincter

Patterson is honest and decent and a good option but if he is starting 11 our problems are obvious .

Working from the front it has to be Obafemi, Piroe alongside or at 10 where Patterson seems to be and Ntcham just behind with Downes/Fulton/Walsh with Grimes/Smith. That makes Patto a sub. Good problems to have. The bad problems are finding a functioning five behind. Naughton doesn’t belong inside any more than Cabango or Bennet belongs outside. The obvious answer is Cabango, Bennet and maybe Naughton centrally with Bidwell/Williams and Lati/Laird outside with Mannning as sub.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Season changing match hopefully on 00:09 - Sep 19 with 499 viewsWalterBoyd

Season changing match hopefully on 00:00 - Sep 19 by ItchySphincter

Patterson is honest and decent and a good option but if he is starting 11 our problems are obvious .

Working from the front it has to be Obafemi, Piroe alongside or at 10 where Patterson seems to be and Ntcham just behind with Downes/Fulton/Walsh with Grimes/Smith. That makes Patto a sub. Good problems to have. The bad problems are finding a functioning five behind. Naughton doesn’t belong inside any more than Cabango or Bennet belongs outside. The obvious answer is Cabango, Bennet and maybe Naughton centrally with Bidwell/Williams and Lati/Laird outside with Mannning as sub.

Patterson looks a better player than Walsh from what I have seen.

Naughton , Cabango and Bennett have good football brains. Lacking in certain areas, pace, but overall not the worst we can do.
Season changing match hopefully on 00:42 - Sep 19 with 481 viewsWalterBoyd

Season changing match hopefully on 21:33 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

Don't bring Jesus into it.He caued all sorts of bother.

Do I have to paint a picture of the Moon for you.

Allah be praised

Apology accepted.

Do you now understand what a ' not match fit ' player is ?
Season changing match hopefully on 11:27 - Sep 19 with 413 viewsjackrmee

I agree with you on Paterson mate.
He's a very good signing. RM seems to really like him too.

He has very good footwork and is creative. He can shoot from distance and get in really good goal scoring positions near the 6 yard box too (although he missed the chances he made).

I don't think he's going to be in the first XI when we have a fully match fit squad though.
Walsh and Ntcham both fighting for his spot IMO.

Season changing match hopefully on 11:31 - Sep 19 with 406 viewsmax936

Season changing match hopefully on 18:49 - Sep 18 by KeithHaynes

It most certainly will tell the players how this system works, it genuinely needs a player like Ntcham to make it tick, not a Grimes with a Downes for sure. Ntcham was absolutely stunning today. We could have out seven past them in the second half.

Another 5 or 10 mins and we would have won.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Season changing match hopefully on 12:19 - Sep 19 with 373 viewsangryjack

Season changing match hopefully on 11:27 - Sep 19 by jackrmee

I agree with you on Paterson mate.
He's a very good signing. RM seems to really like him too.

He has very good footwork and is creative. He can shoot from distance and get in really good goal scoring positions near the 6 yard box too (although he missed the chances he made).

I don't think he's going to be in the first XI when we have a fully match fit squad though.
Walsh and Ntcham both fighting for his spot IMO.

Walsh was one of the problems yesterday..don't work hard enough off the ball..
Season changing match hopefully on 12:45 - Sep 19 with 366 viewsonehunglow

Season changing match hopefully on 00:42 - Sep 19 by WalterBoyd

Apology accepted.

Do you now understand what a ' not match fit ' player is ?

Apology.?

You ve come from nowhere Walt to be right up there l

Clueless

Ntcham and Piroe were match fit yesterday see. Looked as much.

How does captain Grimes appear to yiu

He looks unfit,unsure and plain out of it as I see him.

He is utterly useless literally.

He can do little right really.

Watch him closely

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024