Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? 14:33 - Aug 18 with 9117 viewsKeithHaynes

After just two weeks !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 18:15 - Aug 18 with 1266 viewsChief

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 16:36 - Aug 18 by nyc_swans

He was hired because he has a vision of doing things a certain way. Unfortunately he didn't have a pre-season with the club. So he has to learn about some of these players on the fly. I'm not sure I see an alternative if we're really tying to buy into a new style.

- "Unfortunately he didn't have a pre-season with the club".
- "He has to learn about these players on the fly".

Surely they are reasons for not entirely turning everything on its head immediately? Completely changing everything from what the players are familiar with immediately is a bit strange to be honest. Rodgers built on the successes and styles of their predecessors, as did Laudrup. There's no shame in it!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 18:44]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 18:18 - Aug 18 with 1258 viewsswan65split

Lets be honest about it sheff Utd, stoke and Brizzie away are 3 tough games in any form, but even more tough in this short transition time.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 18:21 - Aug 18 with 1226 viewsonehunglow

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 18:13 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

Lighten up mate life's too short. You were not happy the last 2 years and you are not happy with this lot. Relax, sit back enjoy the ride its only football.

I see sport a a release,and hopefully a thing of pleasure,even beauty. It is ,outside family,often the most important thing in life.
Most in years gone by went to football to escape life's relentless drudgery.
Football was and is a part of life and nobody should under value that fact.

I watched last night and my guts heaved,even more when I read the manager opine there was little between the sides.

It simply insults my intelligence.

Finally,I have a very good long term friend in Huddersfield who has terminal prostrate cancer. He managed to see Town in the Prem and he is now going to every game. He was given 3/5 years. Eddie the fireman and Builth met him. He s a great bloke.

Seeing football and following town was and is is a vital release from hi chemo and ongoing treatment. It is very important for him and for his wife as it gives him some pleasure,so too farking right I get all snotty and uptight when I read abject crepe being spouted by the manager of my Club. I love the Swans and will die as I am now. In love with the sheer folly of it all.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 19:34 - Aug 18 with 1171 viewsjasper_T

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 17:51 - Aug 18 by monmouth

We need to forget about Cooper. He chose to walk away. It’s not as if there was a choice between him and Martin and we can compare. We were managerlessbecauseCooperdid not want to carry on. Martin had the guts and ambition to try and put a ‘Swansea’ stamp on Swansea. Apart from a few notable space cadets on the forums, people mostly get that.

Now, nobody will ever take kindly to being torn a new one by Stoke, and he must know he got it wrong there, That doesn’t mean any tide, if there even is a tide, is turning. It means we don’t want to get outclassed by bloody Stoke. If we are obviously improving and he starts getting to grips with the players (he doesn’t know them yet. It took Potter until January to play Dan James, 8months later he’s starting for Man U!), then I think he will be supported no matter how turbulent the ride.

Unless we are bottom and get pumped by Cardiff. That would be bad. But I’m sure he knows the score and I think he will sweat blood to make it happen. Weve backed our horse, we need to let him run a seasons races before hobbling him.

DJ "emerged" in that Ipswich defeat in October. A regular then until he was injured through December.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 19:37 - Aug 18 with 1170 viewsFlashberryjack

He needs time to find out what his players can do in a real game, and not just what they do on the training ground.

After last nights disaster, at least he's learned never to start Dhanda and Lowe together again (well I hope he has).

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 20:16 - Aug 18 with 1131 viewsBadlands

Lovers of Cooperball, table gazers and closet Cardiff fans are ripping in to him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 20:20 - Aug 18 with 1104 viewsonehunglow

Wrong.
I detested Cooper and thi guy is making me feel very queasy.
It has et fan against fan though.

Those who believe in the glorious Russy Dawn of Destiny and those who see a shambles.I mean there are barsuds out there wanting success

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:11 - Aug 18 with 1071 viewsjack247

If Corals had taken bets on which Swansea Independent posters would spit their dummy out after 3 games, I’d have made a few quid.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:22 - Aug 18 with 1045 viewsonehunglow

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:11 - Aug 18 by jack247

If Corals had taken bets on which Swansea Independent posters would spit their dummy out after 3 games, I’d have made a few quid.

or 365.
Same could be said for many who monitor this site only to cause friction.

I heard Russy make out Sheff Utd were a really great outfit too who would be right up there.

Not now they are not.

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:25 - Aug 18 with 1046 viewstrampie

I will always give a manager a chance but I won't have picked him in a month of Sundays, I would have been looking at Welsh candidates like Osian Roberts and Jayne Ludlow .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:32 - Aug 18 with 1028 viewsonehunglow

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:25 - Aug 18 by trampie

I will always give a manager a chance but I won't have picked him in a month of Sundays, I would have been looking at Welsh candidates like Osian Roberts and Jayne Ludlow .

People are Not "supporting" Martin simply putting it out there that they are really goood fans,the type that do not complain or whinge-EVER.Every one a liar to the bone.

I reckon 80% are wondering just wtf is going on and how will proposed new players get our season under way. It is utter hope and pray. No more no less.

I hope this guy comes good or rather the club does with him.

Being dogmatic is no good .

He needs to learn pragmatism

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:39 - Aug 18 with 1031 viewsjack247

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:22 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

or 365.
Same could be said for many who monitor this site only to cause friction.

I heard Russy make out Sheff Utd were a really great outfit too who would be right up there.

Not now they are not.

Sheffield United probably will be up there. The reason we gave them a good game and Stoke battered us, was Stoke knew our game. Sheffield didn’t press our back three and force us into mistakes.

I didn’t hear the press conference, but if he’s said that, he was probably bigging his players up, which would be a refreshing change.

Either way, we’re three games in, playing a new style (which most people wanted) without the manager having a pre season. Would be nice if we could put the histrionics on hold for a bit.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:43 - Aug 18 with 1028 viewsTreforys_Jack

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:25 - Aug 18 by trampie

You've shocked me, maybe we should only have Welsh players as well, and have to show our birth certificates at the turnstile to make sure we're eligible
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:51 - Aug 18 with 1006 viewsonehunglow

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:39 - Aug 18 by jack247

Sheffield United probably will be up there. The reason we gave them a good game and Stoke battered us, was Stoke knew our game. Sheffield didn’t press our back three and force us into mistakes.

I didn’t hear the press conference, but if he’s said that, he was probably bigging his players up, which would be a refreshing change.

Either way, we’re three games in, playing a new style (which most people wanted) without the manager having a pre season. Would be nice if we could put the histrionics on hold for a bit.

Probably2
So you 're not sure then?
Nothing wrong with that

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:53 - Aug 18 with 1012 viewstrampie

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:43 - Aug 18 by Treforys_Jack

You've shocked me, maybe we should only have Welsh players as well, and have to show our birth certificates at the turnstile to make sure we're eligible

I would have no issue with Frank Lampard as manager.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:54 - Aug 18 with 1011 viewsvetchonian

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 17:51 - Aug 18 by monmouth

We need to forget about Cooper. He chose to walk away. It’s not as if there was a choice between him and Martin and we can compare. We were managerlessbecauseCooperdid not want to carry on. Martin had the guts and ambition to try and put a ‘Swansea’ stamp on Swansea. Apart from a few notable space cadets on the forums, people mostly get that.

Now, nobody will ever take kindly to being torn a new one by Stoke, and he must know he got it wrong there, That doesn’t mean any tide, if there even is a tide, is turning. It means we don’t want to get outclassed by bloody Stoke. If we are obviously improving and he starts getting to grips with the players (he doesn’t know them yet. It took Potter until January to play Dan James, 8months later he’s starting for Man U!), then I think he will be supported no matter how turbulent the ride.

Unless we are bottom and get pumped by Cardiff. That would be bad. But I’m sure he knows the score and I think he will sweat blood to make it happen. Weve backed our horse, we need to let him run a seasons races before hobbling him.

If Cooper had just chosen to walk away he wouldnt have paid off!!! there is more to this than we know...I have opinions but thats all they are that the relationship betwen him and the ownership had broken down as he felt he was not supported with getting his "no 92 that many on here keep saying we need, being given two crocked Americans instead and then the club insisting on a "high" compensation payment when the likes of Palace and Fulham came calling...if he didnt fancy it this season and he just wanted to walk Winter could say ok steve theres the door the club had no obligation to pay him up!!!! But as we dont know thats just an opnion
Potter played Dan James before January he actually started away to Stoke on Septemebr 18th playing for 72 minutes before being subbed for Asoro he repalced Routledge after 61 minutes in the next game away to Middlesboro was on the bench for the next game against QPR played 90 minutes against Ipswich on the 6th October played 90 mins against Blackburn Rovers at home on the 23rd October played for 88 mins at home to reading on the 27th October and is credited with an assist played for 76 minutes away to Bolton on the 10th Novemeber,played for 90 minutes against Norwich at home and scored our only goal on the 24th Novemebr played 77 mins at home to West Brom on the 28th of November played 89 mins away to Derby on the 1st of Decemeber but yet according to you Potter didnt play him until January so yet again so much myth generation about previous managers
please please please do try to speak with data!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:55 - Aug 18 with 1010 viewsjack247

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:51 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

Probably2
So you 're not sure then?
Nothing wrong with that

We’re 3 games in. Most people manage to keep an open mind this early on.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 03:50 - Aug 19 with 901 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 17:28 - Aug 18 by guthrieintherain

Cooper blew it for us with a little bit of attacking intent we would of gone up automatic.

If Martin had the likes of Ayew Rodon Hourihane and Guehi we may well have gone up.

But even with 1 point on the board and a pretty poor performance last night I am glad that Cooper the bottle job has gone.

Nonsense, our success was built on our defence. The point being because we had no real striker.

To have more attacking intent would be taking the plan away from your strength to give to your weakness.

If we had more attacking intent last season then we would probably have finished mid table, that’s what Potter did.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 04:05 - Aug 19 with 898 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 18:15 - Aug 18 by Chief

- "Unfortunately he didn't have a pre-season with the club".
- "He has to learn about these players on the fly".

Surely they are reasons for not entirely turning everything on its head immediately? Completely changing everything from what the players are familiar with immediately is a bit strange to be honest. Rodgers built on the successes and styles of their predecessors, as did Laudrup. There's no shame in it!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 18:44]

Correct.

I’m yet to see anyone slag off the manager yet. Most posts I have seen are regarding the style of play being too drastically implemented accompanying the belief we don’t have the players to be able to do this successfully.

I understand what he’s doing, but from what I can see, this style is hurting us not helping us and don’t have the belief the team are going to turn into Leon Brittons, Angel Rangels, Ashley Williams’ and Nathan Dyer’s like many people bizarrely seem to think after a bit training.

So my issue with the manager will come if after the window, if we still clearly don’t have the technical talent within the squad and he still persists with it, despite it clearly not working for all the reasons listed.

As it stands I am hopeful it’s just a manager in an experimental stage that won’t put stubbornness and ego above the health of the club. That’s my hope anyway, so as a manager I am not in the least bit turning on him.

It’s then up to the owners how committed they are to the style to get those players in. While Russ hopefully has the sense to adapt the style until we can get those technical players in. Bannan would have been a good addition as it goes.

I just hope the penny drops sooner rather than later because this could get extremely painful very quickly.

And those advocating for relegation. Just stop, it’s an extremely arrogant opinion that this club could absorb such a thing. We will lose more players, lose a lot of income, our scope of players will drastically reduce, staff and facilities may need to be done away with.

It’s naive to think of it simply as a reset; it would be a gigantic hinderance to the club at all levels and could well lead to further problems both on and off the field. On your way up through the levels it’s fine and you have the chance to budget accordingly… going backwards through the levels is disastrous as you immediately carry the financial burden of the league above.

It needs to be avoided like the plague, not welcomed.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 08:05 - Aug 19 with 832 views34dfgdf54

I saw a tweet earlier, haven't actually checked if correct but wouldn't surprise me in slightest. MK Dons when he took over only won once in first 8, but then ended up 9th with one game to go.

It takes time to implement change, which the vast majority called for including me. He needs patience. We have lost arguably best player in Championship after Buendia, plus other outstanding players like Guehi, 12 of the 18 man squad agaisnt Stoke were 22 or under, we have hardly had a pre season, first few months were always going to be painful.

Give the guy time.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 08:36 - Aug 19 with 815 viewsThornburyswan

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 21:32 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

People are Not "supporting" Martin simply putting it out there that they are really goood fans,the type that do not complain or whinge-EVER.Every one a liar to the bone.

I reckon 80% are wondering just wtf is going on and how will proposed new players get our season under way. It is utter hope and pray. No more no less.

I hope this guy comes good or rather the club does with him.

Being dogmatic is no good .

He needs to learn pragmatism

Some real nonsense in that OHL - Martin & his backroom team are working hard with the current squad whilst Allen & Scott are working within the last 12 days of the window to both bring in & exit players - they are not just ‘hoping & praying’.

Has it or even will it come together with some magic waft of a wand or one decent training week clearly no as well you know.

Silverstein, Winter & our more distant American owners have fully bought into the RM vision/plan & understand it will take support from them & patience - clearly we all know how football works & if we slip to the bottom 3 getting further adrift from safety then they may hit the emergency button.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 09:32 - Aug 19 with 772 viewsgadgetuk

This is the Swansea Way, we as a city love to complain/moan. It's not just football, it's everything e.g. New arena - too small, dedicated student accommodation - what about the homeless. I have seen people blame the council for Debenhams closing ffs.

We moaned about cooperball and said we wanted to go back to tiki taka, now we are moaning that we aren't winning games instantly.

Let's be honest, we just love to moan about something...anything!
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 09:49 - Aug 19 with 760 viewsonehunglow

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 08:36 - Aug 19 by Thornburyswan

Some real nonsense in that OHL - Martin & his backroom team are working hard with the current squad whilst Allen & Scott are working within the last 12 days of the window to both bring in & exit players - they are not just ‘hoping & praying’.

Has it or even will it come together with some magic waft of a wand or one decent training week clearly no as well you know.

Silverstein, Winter & our more distant American owners have fully bought into the RM vision/plan & understand it will take support from them & patience - clearly we all know how football works & if we slip to the bottom 3 getting further adrift from safety then they may hit the emergency button.

Really!.
o our ditant owners have bought into Russy's plan.
Now then,reflect and look at matters with a more discerning eye.

I hope I am wrong,genuinely,but this could be a cataclysmic fark up and I might be the first one to point it out. AS THING STAND,nobody can be truly sanguine about this season and all this "support" is all empty HOPE-nothing more.

I believe if we get shafted at Brizzle and fail to beat abject Preston then the "plan" will be seen to be a clusterfark which took us all but mainly by our owners and chairman.

Today,Bournemouth BOURNEMOUTH,that famous huge south coast club are signing Gary Cahill,a proven top Prem League performer and England international. Look at what we have and weep then tell me we have been well run .

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 10:05 - Aug 19 with 752 viewsjackrmee

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 19:37 - Aug 18 by Flashberryjack

He needs time to find out what his players can do in a real game, and not just what they do on the training ground.

After last nights disaster, at least he's learned never to start Dhanda and Lowe together again (well I hope he has).

Exactly. And as long as he is learning from his or our players' mistakes, we will improve.
If RM is unable to learn, then we won't improve.
It's really as simple as that, and should be judged as such, at a later date.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 10:13 - Aug 19 with 744 viewsonehunglow

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 10:05 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Exactly. And as long as he is learning from his or our players' mistakes, we will improve.
If RM is unable to learn, then we won't improve.
It's really as simple as that, and should be judged as such, at a later date.

Fair comment.

My view are based on what is evident so far. It is normal fan chat.

For all fans to agree is a sure path to the basement

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024