Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
patrick vieira to palace 12:09 - Jun 29 with 10025 viewsKeithHaynes

Very shortly.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

patrick vieira to palace on 23:58 - Jun 29 with 803 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 23:48 - Jun 29 by Fireboy2

Think my prediction won't be far off by tomorrow.

What do you reckon FB?
patrick vieira to palace on 23:58 - Jun 29 with 800 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 23:53 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

That comment I made about exposing you has really flicked your switch hasn’t it doc. It’s true though so can’t take it back unfortunately.

Brighton is absolutely a better offer than Fulham. It’s obvious, you know that aswell. As I said, how could I put money on something if I don’t know who Brighton will replace Potter with, every manager appt is a risk. Fulham the same, it could go either way. The discussion was on the offers both managers had from their work here, one is miles better than the other in every area.

I do believe the club would like a clean break from Cooper and we will get lower than asking price in compo. What that figure is I have no idea. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we get nothing in the end. It’s an opinion, i have no inside knowledge, it’s just a gut feeling which I’m happy to see play out.

I’ll say once more. Cooper and Potter, three years, £200 for Keith’s cause.

Haha you are really struggling here.

Why are you asking me to bet on something we have not discussed? I have told you, if Cooper stays at Swansea I think both Potter and Brighton will be above him in 3/4 years, Swansea are going nowhere fast. So why would I bet on that? Makes no sense.

What we have discussed is you think Parker was wanted by Fulham and Cooper is not wanted by Swansea to the point you think we may give him away for free (?!)..

So bet 1) let’s compare compensation levels. Higher one wins. Easy.

Perfectly reasonable and fair... assuming you actually believe what you say of course.

2) I think Fulham is the better offer than Brighton. You don’t. So let’s compare where both clubs are in 4 years, including giving you a PL head start.

*If Brighton sack Potter as is your fear, we will just take his highest position he achieved with them as the marker*

Perfectly reasonable and fair.... again assuming you actually believe what you say that is.

Don’t expose yourself as a fraud. Back your claims as opposed to changing what mine supposedly are, again. I’ll happily back mine.

Now go to bed before you give yourself a hernia.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 0:04]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

patrick vieira to palace on 00:03 - Jun 30 with 788 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 23:58 - Jun 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Haha you are really struggling here.

Why are you asking me to bet on something we have not discussed? I have told you, if Cooper stays at Swansea I think both Potter and Brighton will be above him in 3/4 years, Swansea are going nowhere fast. So why would I bet on that? Makes no sense.

What we have discussed is you think Parker was wanted by Fulham and Cooper is not wanted by Swansea to the point you think we may give him away for free (?!)..

So bet 1) let’s compare compensation levels. Higher one wins. Easy.

Perfectly reasonable and fair... assuming you actually believe what you say of course.

2) I think Fulham is the better offer than Brighton. You don’t. So let’s compare where both clubs are in 4 years, including giving you a PL head start.

*If Brighton sack Potter as is your fear, we will just take his highest position he achieved with them as the marker*

Perfectly reasonable and fair.... again assuming you actually believe what you say that is.

Don’t expose yourself as a fraud. Back your claims as opposed to changing what mine supposedly are, again. I’ll happily back mine.

Now go to bed before you give yourself a hernia.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 0:04]

There’s that “expose”comment again. Bloody hell I’m actually starting to feel bad

I’ve given my views on what I think will happen, I’ve given my views on who I think is the bigger clubs etc. I’ve given you the price of the bet and you don’t seem keen, so I will get some shut eye as per your advice doc.

FB - no 14 pager with this one. Even I’m bored of trying to spell things out for him. I’ll bow out unless someone fancies that bet, whether that be doc, AC, or both.
patrick vieira to palace on 00:07 - Jun 30 with 780 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 00:03 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

There’s that “expose”comment again. Bloody hell I’m actually starting to feel bad

I’ve given my views on what I think will happen, I’ve given my views on who I think is the bigger clubs etc. I’ve given you the price of the bet and you don’t seem keen, so I will get some shut eye as per your advice doc.

FB - no 14 pager with this one. Even I’m bored of trying to spell things out for him. I’ll bow out unless someone fancies that bet, whether that be doc, AC, or both.

Absolutely, it was classic projection, you are calling someone something that you most fear of yourself.

I am always willing to back my claims so that accusation is nonsense aimed at me, you aren’t. What is brilliant about projection is that I can then justifiably turn it around to you and give you the clear examples and the effect is tenfold. It’s great.

You have given your views yes... then offered a bet that has nothing to do with either of those claims and rejecting any bets that do

“I think Brighton are bigger than Barca, so I’ll do a bet that Roy Hodgeson is in a better league than Malky Mackay within 4 years, but you don’t seem keen on that” . It literally has nothing to do with any discussion we have had ya plum.

The bets are laid out clear for you.

1) Cooper vs Parker compensation levels. Whoever is higher wins, you said we may give him for free. I’ll even add 250k to Parker and make the target double? Fair?

2) Brighton vs Fulham who is higher within 4 years. I’ve even added a safety clause for you that satisfies your Potter sacking fear and we will freeze it at Potters highest finish with Brighton, which then becomes the target to Fulham to beat.. you STILL don’t want a bar of either.

Says it all. You don’t even believe the rubbish you type.

Another well timed duck out and run. Bye mate.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 0:38]

patrick vieira to palace on 01:39 - Jun 30 with 738 viewsKeithHaynes

patrick vieira to palace on 23:53 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

That comment I made about exposing you has really flicked your switch hasn’t it doc. It’s true though so can’t take it back unfortunately.

Brighton is absolutely a better offer than Fulham. It’s obvious, you know that aswell. As I said, how could I put money on something if I don’t know who Brighton will replace Potter with, every manager appt is a risk. Fulham the same, it could go either way. The discussion was on the offers both managers had from their work here, one is miles better than the other in every area.

I do believe the club would like a clean break from Cooper and we will get lower than asking price in compo. What that figure is I have no idea. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we get nothing in the end. It’s an opinion, i have no inside knowledge, it’s just a gut feeling which I’m happy to see play out.

I’ll say once more. Cooper and Potter, three years, £200 for Keith’s cause.

Just come in from a Euros night out, no idea what’s happening but I’ll take the £££ to give the grandkids a day out so she can have some respite 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

patrick vieira to palace on 03:53 - Jun 30 with 719 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 01:39 - Jun 30 by KeithHaynes

Just come in from a Euros night out, no idea what’s happening but I’ll take the £££ to give the grandkids a day out so she can have some respite 👍

Sounds a good cause mate.

Bets are laid out ready to be taken, based on the two discussion at hand - although sadly for the grandkids I can’t see either being taken.

Such is life, people say things they have no confidence in just to try and point score on the internet. Very odd pastime.

patrick vieira to palace on 05:25 - Jun 30 with 694 viewsWhiterockin

patrick vieira to palace on 23:48 - Jun 29 by Fireboy2

Think my prediction won't be far off by tomorrow.

Think you are right mate.
Its amazing how some think as long as they have the last word they have the upper hand, but actually they are being played like a fiddle.
patrick vieira to palace on 08:11 - Jun 30 with 626 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 05:25 - Jun 30 by Whiterockin

Its amazing how some think as long as they have the last word they have the upper hand, but actually they are being played like a fiddle.

if only you believed half of what you wrote you would be dangerous.

Thankfully like many on here, things are being typed with absolutely no belief behind it whatsoever.

The most bizarre period in the forums history, and there have been many.

The bets are there... it’s gone quiet for a reason.

Login to get fewer ads

patrick vieira to palace on 08:14 - Jun 30 with 615 viewsDr_Winston

patrick vieira to palace on 05:25 - Jun 30 by Whiterockin

Just trolls. Probably the same 2/3 sad cases with multiple usernames who don't really give a shit about what they say as long as people keep reacting to it.

Treat them the same way as dog muck in the street. Something to be aware of, easily stepped past then immediately forgotten about.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

patrick vieira to palace on 08:19 - Jun 30 with 617 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 08:14 - Jun 30 by Dr_Winston

Just trolls. Probably the same 2/3 sad cases with multiple usernames who don't really give a shit about what they say as long as people keep reacting to it.

Treat them the same way as dog muck in the street. Something to be aware of, easily stepped past then immediately forgotten about.

Now that is definitely something I agree with.

That’s why I immediately took it to the bet to sting them in the pocket, you quickly see who believes what they are saying and who is just saying it for effect.

As always I would happily back all my opinions at the drop of a hat, because they tend to be based on common sense.

A troll will never back his opinions, they may change them to a scenario nobody has discussed and invite a bet on that though hoping someone doesn’t notice...

The power of the bet. It’s strong.

patrick vieira to palace on 09:09 - Jun 30 with 586 viewsItchySphincter

patrick vieira to palace on 22:08 - Jun 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Nope Fulham are bigger than Brighton by quite some distance.

Attendance, history, achievements, placement in the overall football league.

Fulham are bigger than Brighton. Brighton have spent most of their life in the bottom 2 divisions, sometimes with 2000 watching them.

This charade is amusing though.

It a discussion, not a charade. I’m not saying Brighton is a huge club, but regardless of division, they are a club of similar stature to Watford, Norwich, WBA, etc. The Swans and Fulham fall within that category to me to, based on first hand experience, with Brighton edging it in terms of support, ground, etc.

It’s the age old argument as to what constitutes ‘big’. People of my age would probably see Sheffield Weds and Sunderland a massive clubs - if you go to by the metric of the what league they are in, or what they have won in recent decades they would measure as small clubs, yet we know they are big, big clubs. On that basis Brighton edges Fulham for me. Fulham has never been perceived as a big club.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

patrick vieira to palace on 09:15 - Jun 30 with 581 viewsonehunglow

patrick vieira to palace on 08:19 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Now that is definitely something I agree with.

That’s why I immediately took it to the bet to sting them in the pocket, you quickly see who believes what they are saying and who is just saying it for effect.

As always I would happily back all my opinions at the drop of a hat, because they tend to be based on common sense.

A troll will never back his opinions, they may change them to a scenario nobody has discussed and invite a bet on that though hoping someone doesn’t notice...

The power of the bet. It’s strong.

I am not being personal when I type this,merely replying to what read.
That is amongst the most ludicrous posts I have ever seen.
Ludicrous as it assumes all and implodes the point you yourself were making.

The piurpose of this site is to offer comment.
If people want to exchange,fine,,if they don't that's fine to.

An example ,I now exchange with sirjonalot havong been previous reluctant because of his profession but to his great credit ,a frank exchange of views yesterday clarified matters and gave objectivity so now ,in future,I will.

Anyone at all,seriously believing they are always right ,on here,is wrong.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

patrick vieira to palace on 09:17 - Jun 30 with 586 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 09:09 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

It a discussion, not a charade. I’m not saying Brighton is a huge club, but regardless of division, they are a club of similar stature to Watford, Norwich, WBA, etc. The Swans and Fulham fall within that category to me to, based on first hand experience, with Brighton edging it in terms of support, ground, etc.

It’s the age old argument as to what constitutes ‘big’. People of my age would probably see Sheffield Weds and Sunderland a massive clubs - if you go to by the metric of the what league they are in, or what they have won in recent decades they would measure as small clubs, yet we know they are big, big clubs. On that basis Brighton edges Fulham for me. Fulham has never been perceived as a big club.

I’m not saying you are saying Brighton is a huge club, they clearly aren’t.

Brighton are not on a par with Norwich, WBA and Watford. Not even close. I have also not claimed Fulham are a big club, they are just big compared to Brighton and most other Championship (and some Premier League) teams.

To just take one example you just gave of them being similar to:-

Brighton.
Years in top flight: 8
Average lifetime position: 39
Average lifetime attendance: 12,315

WBA
Years in top flight: 81
Average lifetime position: 18
Average lifetime attendance: 19,464

It really isn’t even close.

patrick vieira to palace on 09:39 - Jun 30 with 557 viewsItchySphincter

I do hear what you’re saying. It marginal for me and what is not being taken in to account is perception. We can choose to ignore it as subjective but it does exist and probably the fundamental reason we come up with different opinions. I know you will argue cold hard ‘facts’ so this becomes another circular discussion, but as always a there’s more grey than black and white.

In the 90’s youngsters viewed Blackburn as a huge club as they’d won a title - does anyone really see them as a bigger club than say Pompey, WBA, Ipswich, etc? My kids perceive Leicester as a huge club now. In reality they are all middling size clubs, in a group that include Swansea and Cardiff on the smaller side, Fulham, Ipswich, Norwich, Brighton, etc. Brighton for me, whilst scrapping around in the lower leagues along with us and Fulham, have always been on the bigger side within that group of middling clubs.

patrick vieira to palace on 09:46 - Jun 30 with 551 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 09:39 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

I do hear what you’re saying. It marginal for me and what is not being taken in to account is perception. We can choose to ignore it as subjective but it does exist and probably the fundamental reason we come up with different opinions. I know you will argue cold hard ‘facts’ so this becomes another circular discussion, but as always a there’s more grey than black and white.

In the 90’s youngsters viewed Blackburn as a huge club as they’d won a title - does anyone really see them as a bigger club than say Pompey, WBA, Ipswich, etc? My kids perceive Leicester as a huge club now. In reality they are all middling size clubs, in a group that include Swansea and Cardiff on the smaller side, Fulham, Ipswich, Norwich, Brighton, etc. Brighton for me, whilst scrapping around in the lower leagues along with us and Fulham, have always been on the bigger side within that group of middling clubs.

I’m not sure I’ve met many people that would perceive Brighton as a bigger club than Fulham personally. Even if you take it from the 90’s as you say.

I would imagine you could set the historical time stamp anywhere you want in history and Fulham will still have bigger attendances and more success than Brighton.

I understand you are making that view simply on your gut feeling, others are making it to make a silly point. I’m just saying nothing really points to that other than your feeling, in fact very much the opposite.

But you are entitled to think anyone is bigger than anyone I suppose. I guess it doesn’t really matter in the great scheme of things.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 9:47]

patrick vieira to palace on 09:48 - Jun 30 with 550 viewsFireboy2

patrick vieira to palace on 23:58 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

What do you reckon FB?

Well you are helping the count risca 🙄

On a positive, it helps Keith's coffers which in turn helps his daughter 👏
patrick vieira to palace on 09:51 - Jun 30 with 543 viewsonehunglow

patrick vieira to palace on 09:46 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not sure I’ve met many people that would perceive Brighton as a bigger club than Fulham personally. Even if you take it from the 90’s as you say.

I would imagine you could set the historical time stamp anywhere you want in history and Fulham will still have bigger attendances and more success than Brighton.

I understand you are making that view simply on your gut feeling, others are making it to make a silly point. I’m just saying nothing really points to that other than your feeling, in fact very much the opposite.

But you are entitled to think anyone is bigger than anyone I suppose. I guess it doesn’t really matter in the great scheme of things.

Brighton simply HAVE

patrick vieira to palace on 09:53 - Jun 30 with 538 viewsItchySphincter

I would substitute ‘gut feeling’ for ‘perception’, but yes.

I would class Swansea, along with the likes of Fulham, Brighton, Southampton as much of a muchness, with Brighton on the bigger edge of the tier and Swansea on the smaller. Fulham would in between but all very similar in the pecking order.

patrick vieira to palace on 09:54 - Jun 30 with 536 viewsonehunglow

Brighton simply HAVE to be.

They can get bigger too.They have the catchment area as Swansea does.Depends how they market the club.

Fulham is basically a half decent London suburb.
Chelsea is big simply because of its pull for the large London /SE population. They are not Chelsea people. Most of them are too far up their own 'rses.

patrick vieira to palace on 10:01 - Jun 30 with 527 viewsItchySphincter

I meant to end by saying that a move from Swansea to either Brighton or Fulham based on them being in the same league is for all intents and purposes a sideways step. The only thing that constitutes a step up under current circumstances would be moving up the leagues, hence why Potter’s move to Brighton would be considered a step up and Cooper’s proposed move to a a Fulham the same division would be sideways. A move from either to a Swansea in the Premier League would be a step up. Perception and timing.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 10:02]

patrick vieira to palace on 10:20 - Jun 30 with 510 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 09:54 - Jun 30 by onehunglow

Brighton simply HAVE to be.

They can get bigger too.They have the catchment area as Swansea does.Depends how they market the club.

Fulham is basically a half decent London suburb.
Chelsea is big simply because of its pull for the large London /SE population. They are not Chelsea people. Most of them are too far up their own 'rses.

Well if they get bigger then we can revisit it.

Currently they are a minnow keeping their head above water in the big league. The rest will be what happens when they come down.

Fulham have passed that test multiple times.

patrick vieira to palace on 10:23 - Jun 30 with 505 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 10:01 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

I meant to end by saying that a move from Swansea to either Brighton or Fulham based on them being in the same league is for all intents and purposes a sideways step. The only thing that constitutes a step up under current circumstances would be moving up the leagues, hence why Potter’s move to Brighton would be considered a step up and Cooper’s proposed move to a a Fulham the same division would be sideways. A move from either to a Swansea in the Premier League would be a step up. Perception and timing.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 10:02]

Completely disagree.

Which is why I offered the bet that Fulham will be in a better position over a 4 year contract than Brighton will be. As of yet nobody wants to take that bet, presumably because the chances are that I am right. It’s a bet open to all.

You don’t view managerial roles through a scope of 1 season (unless you are being offered a 1 year contract). There is very little chance Swansea will be promoted any time soon, Fulham are favourites for the title.

Over the course of a 4 year contract Fulham will be higher than both Swansea and Brighton, likely to be a league higher than both in my opinion... ergo = it’s a step up.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 10:26]

patrick vieira to palace on 10:24 - Jun 30 with 501 viewsonehunglow

patrick vieira to palace on 10:20 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Well if they get bigger then we can revisit it.

Currently they are a minnow keeping their head above water in the big league. The rest will be what happens when they come down.

Fulham have passed that test multiple times.

I d like to revisit Brighton.Havent been since 1959. I broke a car window playing football with my sister.True story.

I got thrashed ,as kids were then.

patrick vieira to palace on 10:29 - Jun 30 with 491 viewsBadlands

WTF are you on about.
Unless you have a crystal ball a move to a PM club is a step up.
There is no knowing if Fulham will bounce back (and for how long) or if they will do a Wigsn!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

patrick vieira to palace on 10:34 - Jun 30 with 476 viewsonehunglow

patrick vieira to palace on 10:29 - Jun 30 by Badlands

WTF are you on about.
Unless you have a crystal ball a move to a PM club is a step up.
There is no knowing if Fulham will bounce back (and for how long) or if they will do a Wigsn!

Wigsn are in rather a lot of poopoo true

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024