Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread Cardiff fans surface 😂 09:20 - Mar 15 with 15844 viewsNotLoyal

We thought an extra few days leading up to Cardiff City’s least important fixture of the season would give everyone enough time to used this boring and insignificant championship game.

This fixture is so not a thing it’s a non thing with added non thingness. The game Cardiff can’t win, no matter how hard they try has become a non event in their own minds, and those supporters who still follow that team. It’s odd, because had they had the slightest bit of success we have no doubt it would be the most important game of the season for them. Strange psyche’.

We have heard of the big fixture against Bristol City, which is never a big fixture, they just pretend it is so when they lose to the swans they can give the impression this game doesn’t really matter that much. But the scruffs are not fooling us. Their amateur dramatic books reference this fixture more than any other, the fantasists from east Wales where theIr support for their team is matched, or even bigger for Swansea is another problem for them. Their once solid areas of support pre 1950 have crumbled with a new vibrant and young support, far outdoing the baldy fraternity of sixty plus year olds, smelling of stale beer and talking about 1927 and a game against Real Madrid. This Matchday thread will show everyone just who is Wales premier football team, facts and stats and all.

Swansea City record against Cardiff
First off the initial question to impose any superiority on another side, who has won the most games ?

Games won: 29
Games drawn: 18
Games lost: 22

Swansea City as expected lead this table which includes Autoglass trophy, Freight Rover trophy, Sherpa vans trophy, FA cup and league games. If you remove all the cup ties the swans still come out on top. Done. 1-0 the Jacks

Premier league record
Cardiff City have played two seasons in the premier league. They were relegated both times. Over 78 league games they won 17 and lost 46, they drew only 15. Cardiff lost in a major trophy final in 2012. Oh dear.

Swansea City, the first Welsh side to play in the premier league have played seven straight seasons. Playing 266 games they won 82 and drew 66. Highest finish was 8th winning a major trophy at Wembley.

The all time premier league table shows Swansea City in 28th and Cardiff at 44th out of 49 clubs to have played in the premier league. Oh dear. Done 2-0 the Jacks.

28th Swansea City 266 82 66 118 306 383 -77

44th Cardiff City 76 17 13 46 66 143 -77

So, in the top division in English football, the swans canter home well ahead. So how about major European competitions this century that people who are alive can remember, not dead ones ?

Okay dead ones as well.

1927 FA Cup Final Winners Cardiff City In front of the smallest ever crowd at Wembley stadium, boosted by thousands of swans fans supporting a welsh team on the day. It wasn’t until 1981 that a lower attendance was recorded. We only mention this due to Cardiff City fans desire to mention large supports, which as we will see doesn’t really have any substance.

2013 League Cup Final Winners Swansea City. The swans sold 48,572 tickets for this final having beaten Liverpool and Chelsea over two legs to get to the final. Both are fantastic achievements, however nobody remembers 1927 as much as they don’t remember Barnsley’s two FA Cup final victories a few years before. However when that’s all you have to cling on to then I suppose its a thing.

How about In cup competitions over the last 20 years ? This is when the real test of support is an issue, when fans have to spend their hard earned coin and season tickets are not valid. Those games that are not attractive, the Colchester’s and Notts County’s etc. Well, let’s not even go there, Cardiff City on occasion in recent years haven’t even mustered 2,500 home supporters for some cup games, the swans average in excess of 16,000.

The real truth

But it isn’t about statistics alone, social media is a huge thing these days. It’s where the bright young people talk, communicate and in some cases run their lives. That’s both good and bad, but it is what it is.

Swans Official on the social media Twitter platform have in excess of one million followers via 60k tweets. Very decent.

Cardiff City Official have an admirable 354k ish followers from nearly the same amount of tweets. Hang on ? I thought ... Oh well, a lot of those Cardiff fans are all in their mid sixties now, balding and computer illiterate. Or is it just as we all know the youngsters are the future, soaking up the valley towns and turning them white. We know you know the truth.

The game

Kick off 5.30pm
Liberty Stadium
Swansea

LIVE ON SKY
TALK SPORT 2

Match OfficialS
PAUL TIERNEY
Simon Long and James Mainwaring
Fourth Official : Michael Salisbury

Paul Tierney, we find it hard to criticise him, he will give the swans a penalty

Swansea City will make football history this weekend 19th Mar 2021 11:20
It’s the eve of the South Wales derby, the biggest fixture in Welsh football, the hardest ninety minutes of any game these players will be involved in this season both mentally and physically. The coolest minds, the most collective mindsets, the ability of each player, the belief in themselves and the desire to win for a whole city are the qualities required. And Swansea City have them all. In abundance. 0

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Jake Bidwell; Morgan Whittaker, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Ben Cabango, Joel Latibeaudiere, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Jamal Lowe, Wayne Routledge, Ollie Cooper.

Cardiff City: Dillon Phillips; Sean Morrison (captain), Aden Flint, Ciaron Brown; Thomas Sang, Leandro Bacuna, Joe Ralls, Will Vaulks, Marlon Pack; Harry Wilson; Kieffer Moore.

Substitutes: Alex Smithies, Josh Murphy, Jonny Williams, Max Watters, Sheyi Ojo, Mark Harris, Junior Hoilett, Rubin Colwill, Sam Bowen.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 20:59]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 18:09 - Mar 15 with 4546 viewsNortbankboy

Don't forget to mention they are a capital city
And a sleeping gian!
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 22:43 - Mar 15 with 4472 viewsDJack

It's the derby, it could go any way. As long as we dont lose I don't care...

Well of course I do but not losing is the first stage and then hopefully some history ...but history says not likely.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 22:12 - Mar 16 with 4391 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 18:09 - Mar 15 by Nortbankboy

Don't forget to mention they are a capital city
And a sleeping gian!

Bigger than Barca word has it ,we can play as shit as we like I don't care as long as we beat them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 23:11 - Mar 16 with 4344 viewsbuilthjack

This game will show us fans which of our players have anything about them.
Let's see,

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 23:59 - Mar 16 with 4324 viewsBadlands

Hopefully they will have been made to watch our last 6 games and they'll still be rolling with laughter for most of the game.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 07:48 - Mar 17 with 4260 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 23:59 - Mar 16 by Badlands

Hopefully they will have been made to watch our last 6 games and they'll still be rolling with laughter for most of the game.

They haven't been prime time Barcelona themselves mind.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:00 - Mar 17 with 4194 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 23:59 - Mar 16 by Badlands

Most teams have a blip during a season, hopefully we can get the win and then we have the international break.

After that we have a run of kinder fixtures on the run in.

You never fail to surprise me with your seemingly perverse pleasure you get when things don't go right

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:12 - Mar 17 with 4176 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:00 - Mar 17 by raynor94

Most teams have a blip during a season, hopefully we can get the win and then we have the international break.

After that we have a run of kinder fixtures on the run in.

You never fail to surprise me with your seemingly perverse pleasure you get when things don't go right

Ray.
I am no chum of bad but he is not alone.
Many ,albeit,more negative,nasty poter than you just see what we see and call it as such.

We are seeing a clueless battered bunch of lads looking forlorn out there . I feel for them,really I do.

The positive posters ,a you call them,the better fans,simply post of a brighter better tomorrow .Frankly,I cant' ssee that looking at what I am seeing now.One dimensional drivel with a shockingly unbalanced side. I admit to being very angry indeed as I love my club.

People often post positive to make themselves feel better.Trust me ,Ive been on courses,run courses ,in fact on positive cognizance . You cannot sell directly if you do not have that mindset . The best sales people have that and do very well out of it.Poor sales people starve. It s that simple
It' s ok if you can control matters but if not then you are in the hands of others.As we are.

Anyway,where was I.

Ah yes,have a nice day down there. We are now wild swimmers and have joined the club.

And as for Cardiff, I dread the game.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:20 - Mar 17 with 4184 viewsOldjack

Our little cousins will never get a better time to beat us , Cooper sort this one out ffs you will make the history books if you do
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 11:51]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:27 - Mar 17 with 4164 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:20 - Mar 17 by Oldjack

Our little cousins will never get a better time to beat us , Cooper sort this one out ffs you will make the history books if you do
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 11:51]

Watching the Grand Slam after ,Al?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:34 - Mar 17 with 4178 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:27 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

Watching the Grand Slam after ,Al?

naaaaaa ,it's in the bag i heard ,footy for me

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:37 - Mar 17 with 4156 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 11:34 - Mar 17 by Oldjack

naaaaaa ,it's in the bag i heard ,footy for me

Think we might need a lift after the cardiff game

Give it a try mun.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 12:34 - Mar 17 with 4134 viewsBadlands

Can Woodman keep his place?
Can we afford to keep Cabango on the bench?
At what point will Cooper realise the zombies in midfield can not play together effectively?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 12:38 - Mar 17 with 4114 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 12:34 - Mar 17 by Badlands

At what point will Cooper realise the zombies in midfield can not play together effectively?

Yes
No
He won't

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 12:41 - Mar 17 with 4124 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 12:34 - Mar 17 by Badlands

If Benda was fit I would be in agreement it is time to take Woodman out.

I nearly spat my tea out when the commentator said yesterday his distribution is always top notch. Giving them a platform to attack after yet another skewed clearance into touch in first half injury ended up finishing the game before half time.

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting someone like Hamer / Webb into this game on the weekend though.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 12:45 - Mar 17 with 4104 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 12:41 - Mar 17 by 34dfgdf54

I nearly spat my tea out when the commentator said yesterday his distribution is always top notch. Giving them a platform to attack after yet another skewed clearance into touch in first half injury ended up finishing the game before half time.

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting someone like Hamer / Webb into this game on the weekend though.

Yep,I feel that Andrews ,as a pundit,is plain weird.He has been hardly complimentary until this season.Obviously he bigs up Hollie but Woodman as a distributor.

Oddly,when the ball goes into touch,a euphemism pops up and when a soft goal cometh we get the "he'll be disappointed with that".

He made one "save " last night described as great even though it was straight at him.

Bergovic was the one to make a "great " save.

SC clearly has media friends and it's worrying.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 14:22 - Mar 17 with 4048 viewsjack247

1. Obviously
2. Toss up. Cabango is best placed to deal with Moore, Bennett is more experienced and more of a leader. When you factor in Morrison and Flint, there an argument for playing them both.
3. I’m sure he already has. The balance isn’t right and stubbornness is one of his weaknesses. Fulton and Grimes have to start for me. I’d have Hourihane on the bench. Dhanda or Smith depending on whether he goes for it or plays it safe.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 14:24 - Mar 17 with 4029 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 14:22 - Mar 17 by jack247

1. Obviously
2. Toss up. Cabango is best placed to deal with Moore, Bennett is more experienced and more of a leader. When you factor in Morrison and Flint, there an argument for playing them both.
3. I’m sure he already has. The balance isn’t right and stubbornness is one of his weaknesses. Fulton and Grimes have to start for me. I’d have Hourihane on the bench. Dhanda or Smith depending on whether he goes for it or plays it safe.

1.Disagree
2.Almost agree
3.Agree.

#Jesus.

I feel love

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread WEDS COUNTDOWN on 16:03 - Mar 17 with 4003 viewsVincent_Vega

I mean you manage to destroy the C*rd*ff bigger club narrative without even mentioning cApItOl cItY or bIgGeR tHaN BArCa argument. I doff my cap to you good sir.

Now in regards to the game Im pwping myself over it. I'm hoping come half 7 I'll be cursing the WAG for keeping the pubs shut as I wanna party

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread WEDS COUNTDOWN on 16:33 - Mar 17 with 3980 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread WEDS COUNTDOWN on 16:03 - Mar 17 by Vincent_Vega

I mean you manage to destroy the C*rd*ff bigger club narrative without even mentioning cApItOl cItY or bIgGeR tHaN BArCa argument. I doff my cap to you good sir.

Now in regards to the game Im pwping myself over it. I'm hoping come half 7 I'll be cursing the WAG for keeping the pubs shut as I wanna party

We always pwp ourselves over this game. But at least we are the side that can’t have the double done over us. The pressure is on Cardiff. Let’s see how they react

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 16:43 - Mar 17 with 3964 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 12:41 - Mar 17 by 34dfgdf54

I think Woodman is OK & nowhere near as bad as people post on here but his kicking is absolutely awful.

I had a little chuckle when the commentator said it was great last night.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread WEDS COUNTDOWN on 17:04 - Mar 17 with 3965 viewsVincent_Vega

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread WEDS COUNTDOWN on 16:33 - Mar 17 by Brynmill_Jack

We always pwp ourselves over this game. But at least we are the side that can’t have the double done over us. The pressure is on Cardiff. Let’s see how they react

I'm pwping more than I usually do as I think this is the first derby in sometime that I think they have a decent chance in doing us over mainly due to our slump coinciding with their 'rise.' Maybe its hyperbole on my side.

Anyways CUM ON EWE JACKS!!!

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 17:07 - Mar 17 with 3960 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 16:43 - Mar 17 by pencoedjack

I think Woodman is OK & nowhere near as bad as people post on here but his kicking is absolutely awful.

I had a little chuckle when the commentator said it was great last night.

Woodman for England !
Go on then 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 19:53 - Mar 17 with 3860 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread with added double cream on 17:07 - Mar 17 by KeithHaynes

Woodman for England !
Go on then 😂

England what

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread WEDS COUNTDOWN on 07:15 - Mar 18 with 3728 viewsowainglyndwr

Everyone seems to have forgotten that just before the last game against the scumbags, if they had beaten us then and won their follow game they could jumped above us.
At present we are way ahead on points not playing well admittedly .
I have a feeling better will produce on Saturday, we are due a decent game for our boys
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024