Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE AFTERMATH 21:09 - Feb 28 with 17173 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another exciting encounter in the EFL Championship, and it’s very exciting too. Here is the Matchday thread for this exciting game, it’s really interesting.

EFL Championship
Stripey Hoof Stadium
Wednesday March 3rd 2021
Kick off 8.15pm

Match Officials
DAVID WEBB
Ian Cooper and Daniel Leach
Fourth Official : Marc Edwards

TELEVISION

This game will be shown LIVE on SKY SPORTS football

The Graeme Potters and the Super Swans face off again in ( C’mon ) Stoke. Not the best of hunting grounds for the swans over the years and especially after recent results, there are easier places to go. Like Canterbury for instance, the cathedral there allows access to get some lovely graveside rubbings done. On the plus side during Cooper’s last post match press gathering he had the look of a man who had already had his face rubbed with a rubby thing or whatever they use to do these things.

History
Stoke City v Swansea City

Games won: 30. Stoke City are in the ascendancy here
Games drawn: 21. Neither side has drawn more than the other
Games lost: 24. Or should we say games won by Swansea

There are other considerable and memorable moments in history, not necessarily related to this fixture, just in history itself. The Chinese are allegedly the First Nation to invent the grape, that was around 7000 years BC ( Before Cooper ) although that would be 9,000 years BC ? In any event photographs from back then show grapes being sold in markets and fermented in to wine. It is now known by crossing a very small balloon and a drop of water the grape is made. Cleaver folk the Chinese. That may lead me on to who invented the balloon, but not in this particular thread.

A picture of the first grapes discovered by Chinese people way back before TV and motorised teeth

Incredible when you think that at no time have they featured on a takeaway menu. I’ll mention it next time I’m down my local takeaway the ‘Thai Tanic’ although it’s more favourable the guys who run ‘Chipsy Kings’ will be more responsive. My favourite takeaway in my neck of the woods is ‘For cod and for Ulcer’ over in the red, white and blue part of town. Great battered sausages. Although I’m a vegan, if I wasn’t they would be on my menu, but they aren’t. If it had a face and you eat it you are a part of the problem, not the solution, especially for pigs.

A pig yesterday

Stoke City Facts
Stoke City have had to put up with several rugby references over the years, so much so the football league now allow them to run whilst carrying the ball.

A Stoke player in action in the past, see how he glides with the ball in one hand ?

Pre-match trivia

Stoke are unbeaten in their last nine home league games against Swansea (W7 D2), winning each of their last four in a row.

Swansea last completed a league double over Stoke back in 2000-01 in the third tier.

Stoke have lost their last two games in the Championship, while they have only lost three in a row in the competition once previously under Michael O’Neill (in December 2019).

Swansea have suffered defeats in two of their last three Championship games (W1), as many defeats as they had in their previous 17 league games combined.

Both of Stoke boss Michael O’Neill’s previous Championship games against Swansea have ended 2-0, with Stoke winning one and losing the other. Their 2-0 victory did come in this exact fixture last season, however.

Match Report

Stoke City 1 Swansea City 2 : Persistence, Desire, Energy and all in the last twenty minutes ! 3rd Mar 2021 23:32
It was exasperating at times, but the swans really did grind out a terrific win in the potteries after a late penalty secured the three points for Cooper’s army. After such a deflating run of games and conceding seven goals in the last two games the swans are three points closer to securing a play off spot with second place in their sights. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:24 - Mar 3 with 1090 viewsFlashberryjack

Here we go again FFS

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:24 - Mar 3 with 1090 viewsvetchonian

so is this Coopers fault

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:25 - Mar 3 with 1073 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:23 - Mar 3 by Thornburyswan

Oops

FFS

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:25 - Mar 3 with 1067 viewsjackrabbit

Carrying on in the same vein as Saturday...
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:25 - Mar 3 with 1063 viewstheloneranger

Suicide play by Guehi.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:26 - Mar 3 with 1041 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Relax, we’ve got more than enough points to stay up.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:27 - Mar 3 with 1013 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:25 - Mar 3 by theloneranger

Suicide play by Guehi.

So why do the players play like this.
Goohi is not alone

Why did Woody dive after the ball had virtually passed him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:28 - Mar 3 with 1003 viewsTenbySwan

Oh dear
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:28 - Mar 3 with 1003 viewsThornburyswan

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:25 - Mar 3 by theloneranger

Suicide play by Guehi.

So that’s Grimes, Woodie & Guehi whose up next!
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:28 - Mar 3 with 994 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Marc really hasn't been good lately. Suppose Cooper should have done something about that
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:28 - Mar 3 with 992 viewsvetchonian

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:25 - Mar 3 by jackrabbit

Carrying on in the same vein as Saturday...

pressure to play pretty rather than safe footba

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:31 - Mar 3 with 938 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:27 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

So why do the players play like this.
Goohi is not alone

Why did Woody dive after the ball had virtually passed him

He refuses to sprint off his line. I don't expect him to save that but at least sprint at the attacker to close down the angle and make it more difficult.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Updated TODAY 5.30pm on 20:31 - Mar 3 with 935 viewsmax936

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Updated TODAY 5.30pm on 19:50 - Mar 3 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s a matter of desire now. We played well in the first half and should have scored at least 3 but we didn’t and uncharacteristically conceded 3 goals.

We have to come out fighting tonight - get that indomitable spirit back , buckle up and go for it. Automatic promotion is still well within our grasp - we have to prove we’ve got the balls for it.

Leaking goals like water, embarrassing, why didn't he pass it to Grimes, that has given ourselves another mountain to climb.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:32 - Mar 3 with 932 viewsbuilthjack

We have to improve up front. Have to.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:32 - Mar 3 with 927 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:31 - Mar 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He refuses to sprint off his line. I don't expect him to save that but at least sprint at the attacker to close down the angle and make it more difficult.

He effectively gives up.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:32 - Mar 3 with 929 viewsThrasher6

Just checking in. I f@cking hate Stoke...what was Guehi thinking

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:32 - Mar 3 with 929 viewstheloneranger

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:28 - Mar 3 by Thornburyswan

So that’s Grimes, Woodie & Guehi whose up next!

Well there's nobody else to blame for that goal other than Guehi.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:34 - Mar 3 with 915 viewsonehunglow

Maybe the coach should encourage players to play away from danger.

We often do it

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:34 - Mar 3 with 917 viewsThornburyswan

For me next goal either finishes our season or gets us back moving forward - if we lose by 2 or more think we can forget play-offs & the Prem, that said if we turn it around we can build a new belief.

Interesting 75 mins for us all!
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:36 - Mar 3 with 889 viewshobo

Fantastic bois! What a finish Connor
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:36 - Mar 3 with 881 viewsbuilthjack

Great goal by our best player.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:36 - Mar 3 with 880 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Excellent goal Connor!

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:36 - Mar 3 with 869 viewstheloneranger

Well done Conor. 1-1

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:37 - Mar 3 with 861 viewsvetchonian

Cooper out just copying Monk

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : PRE MATCH CHAT on 20:37 - Mar 3 with 857 viewsLittleEnglandJack

YESSS.

Lovely ball from Manning. Great finish from Connor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024