Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 108119 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 19:42 - Jun 29 with 4678 viewsGriffting

It's being suggested that athletico will offer 15 million Euros plus Alessio Cerci for Mesa.
Roque Mesa on 20:18 - Jun 29 with 4494 views34dfgdf54

Starting to look like we have been done last minute with this deal.

Huw will get serious stick over this if we have, which I won't lose no sleep over but there's not a lot you can do. His agent would have been leaking it to the press. I think he could well have wanted to stay in Spain over coming over here, we could have just been the bait getting the Spanish clubs to bite.
Roque Mesa on 20:32 - Jun 29 with 4395 viewsraynor94

Roque Mesa on 20:18 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

Starting to look like we have been done last minute with this deal.

Huw will get serious stick over this if we have, which I won't lose no sleep over but there's not a lot you can do. His agent would have been leaking it to the press. I think he could well have wanted to stay in Spain over coming over here, we could have just been the bait getting the Spanish clubs to bite.

100% agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Roque Mesa on 20:48 - Jun 29 with 4307 viewsSwans_16

I'm starting to smell some bulls*it with this transfer.

If we were so close on Tuesday, how is the deal still not confirmed ?

If he has a release clause of 30 million euros, why even bother accepting a bid for less than half that for what is their star player ?

The agent seems to be creaming it too.
Roque Mesa on 20:53 - Jun 29 with 4255 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 19:12 - Jun 29 by bluenile

Hmmmm??? "Porthcawlswan"?......... Never heard of you before, and NO PREVIOUS POSTS?? Welcome Scummer!

In fairness there are quite a few Porthcawl Jacks some tidy boys
Roque Mesa on 20:56 - Jun 29 with 4234 viewsspiderboy

Roque Mesa on 20:48 - Jun 29 by Swans_16

I'm starting to smell some bulls*it with this transfer.

If we were so close on Tuesday, how is the deal still not confirmed ?

If he has a release clause of 30 million euros, why even bother accepting a bid for less than half that for what is their star player ?

The agent seems to be creaming it too.

Rock a wont be joining us .Game over .
Athletico bound he is.!
Roque Mesa on 21:03 - Jun 29 with 4178 viewsspiderboy

Roque Mesa on 20:56 - Jun 29 by spiderboy

Rock a wont be joining us .Game over .
Athletico bound he is.!

HmmHmm
In january
Roque Mesa on 21:03 - Jun 29 with 4176 viewsnyc_swans

look on the bright side. this time next week we'll probably be obsessing over some other totally random player nobody had heard about until 3 days ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 21:07 - Jun 29 with 4142 viewsspiderboy

Roque Mesa on 21:03 - Jun 29 by nyc_swans

look on the bright side. this time next week we'll probably be obsessing over some other totally random player nobody had heard about until 3 days ago.

Yes
He was crap anyway,who needs another Leon anyway?
Roque Mesa on 21:11 - Jun 29 with 4099 viewsPorthcawlswan

Wathan reckons we are still the most lily destination
Roque Mesa on 21:15 - Jun 29 with 4066 viewsspiderboy

Roque Mesa on 21:11 - Jun 29 by Porthcawlswan

Wathan reckons we are still the most lily destination

The chase is over,and the large demonic egghead she devil is hugely salivating and clearing the quantum amounts of spittle from her throat
Roque Mesa on 21:15 - Jun 29 with 4066 viewsjojaca

Roque Mesa on 10:16 - Jun 29 by BytholWyn

I think that what jojaca was trying to say is that he's amazed that the club, given it's recent history, would sign a player for a substantial fee with limited sell-on value. He wasn't necessarily expressing his personal opinion.

Just agree with me jojaca...

100% spot on.

Even when you know, you never know?

Roque Mesa on 21:25 - Jun 29 with 3969 viewsWarwickHunt

Roque Mesa on 20:53 - Jun 29 by pencoedjack

In fairness there are quite a few Porthcawl Jacks some tidy boys

Any old Canoldre boys remember the bank holiday bus trips to Porthcawl?
Roque Mesa on 21:29 - Jun 29 with 3942 viewsspiderboy

Roque Mesa on 21:25 - Jun 29 by WarwickHunt

Any old Canoldre boys remember the bank holiday bus trips to Porthcawl?

Were they the trips where you would try to get off with the ugliest girl in the form?
And then snog her till you had her chewing gum and she had yours?
If so,no,never went!
Roque Mesa on 00:47 - Jun 30 with 3431 viewsJack123

Roque Mesa on 21:29 - Jun 29 by spiderboy

Were they the trips where you would try to get off with the ugliest girl in the form?
And then snog her till you had her chewing gum and she had yours?
If so,no,never went!

I don't believe a word of this mesa to Athletico, as trump would say #fakenews.. Have a few jars the weekend, relax, and keep an eye on swansoffical Monday for the tweet with him holding the shirt.. Hopefully ;)

libera nos a malo

Roque Mesa on 01:03 - Jun 30 with 3403 viewsEbo

Personally I think if Roque has the choice of regular 1st team football in the most lucrative league in the world vs being mothballed by Athletico for 6 months then it is a no-brainer, especially if he has aspirations of breaking into the Spanish squad. Not only that he would have to also break into a very strong Madrid midfield whereas he'd probably walk into our first 11.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Roque Mesa on 01:07 - Jun 30 with 3398 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Roque Mesa on 01:03 - Jun 30 by Ebo

Personally I think if Roque has the choice of regular 1st team football in the most lucrative league in the world vs being mothballed by Athletico for 6 months then it is a no-brainer, especially if he has aspirations of breaking into the Spanish squad. Not only that he would have to also break into a very strong Madrid midfield whereas he'd probably walk into our first 11.

Surely the deal with Atletico would mean staying where he is until January and then moving to Madrid so he plays the full season?

Risk of injury which might scupper the deal of course.

I suspect he'll be in Swansea very soon.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Roque Mesa on 03:53 - Jun 30 with 3314 viewsTom1912

Madrid shouldn't even be allowed to speak to him right now.

Absolute joke, transfer ban should mean no dealings whatsoever.
Roque Mesa on 06:47 - Jun 30 with 3200 viewsgrabsplatter

Roque Mesa on 18:36 - Jun 29 by magicdaps10

Yeah it seems like he could be off to athletico even though they have a transfer ban on them.

Would mean he joins them in January when the ban finishes. I am not sure what the full ins and out of the ban are but I wouldnt bet against things like this are mot allowed.

It shouldn't be allowed but it is.
Barcelona signed Arda Turan from Athletico Madrid in the summer of 2015 & they were under a similar transfer ban until January 2016
Turan then wasn't allowed to play for the first half of the season until the period of the ban ended - mad
Roque Mesa on 07:58 - Jun 30 with 2991 viewsYossarian

The likelihood is that our interest was leaked by the agent in order to start a bidding war. The player would have had to approve this tactic to get a better offer so he's probably not that determined to be with us. Is the same pattern seen when we have lost others we were supposedly keen on - Aspas, Besic, the midfielder from France who went to Spurs and became totally anonymous etc etc.
I follow my rule that if it's leaked out and the guy doesn't sign within 48 hours- its tactical and it ain't going to happen.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Roque Mesa on 08:04 - Jun 30 with 2970 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 07:58 - Jun 30 by Yossarian

The likelihood is that our interest was leaked by the agent in order to start a bidding war. The player would have had to approve this tactic to get a better offer so he's probably not that determined to be with us. Is the same pattern seen when we have lost others we were supposedly keen on - Aspas, Besic, the midfielder from France who went to Spurs and became totally anonymous etc etc.
I follow my rule that if it's leaked out and the guy doesn't sign within 48 hours- its tactical and it ain't going to happen.

I know what you're saying, I agree to some extent but there has been exceptions to your 48 hour rule. I'm sure Siggy dragged on a bit with Palace coming in etc?
Roque Mesa on 08:56 - Jun 30 with 2821 viewsymaohyd

Our transfer activity last summer for a club that had spent several seasons in the Premier league was appalling and very nearly cost us our premier league status.

HJ had admitted as much and I just hope that lessons have been learned. It would be unfair to be critical of the club regarding this transfer as we know little of the mechanics of it and who knows what his agent is playing at.

That said, looking from the outside in I get the feeling that we try and negotiate the 'swansea/HJ' way, generally it has worked out, however, surely now we need to be more dynamic and get signings over the line that will ensure that we are nowhere near the bottom 3.

With the players due to return on Monday we haven't signed anyone to improve the squad as yet and I'm sorry to say the warning signs are there that our way of negotiating will again not enable us to take that major step forward.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Roque Mesa on 09:08 - Jun 30 with 2761 viewsymaohyd

Roque Mesa on 08:56 - Jun 30 by ymaohyd

Our transfer activity last summer for a club that had spent several seasons in the Premier league was appalling and very nearly cost us our premier league status.

HJ had admitted as much and I just hope that lessons have been learned. It would be unfair to be critical of the club regarding this transfer as we know little of the mechanics of it and who knows what his agent is playing at.

That said, looking from the outside in I get the feeling that we try and negotiate the 'swansea/HJ' way, generally it has worked out, however, surely now we need to be more dynamic and get signings over the line that will ensure that we are nowhere near the bottom 3.

With the players due to return on Monday we haven't signed anyone to improve the squad as yet and I'm sorry to say the warning signs are there that our way of negotiating will again not enable us to take that major step forward.

Just reading Bournemouth are signing a Chelsea defender, a club record signing, this on top of Defoe who will be a brilliant 'bench' signing.

In all likelihood (hopefully), Bournemouth will be in our mini league of us, Stoke, West Brom, possibly Southampton and West Ham.

Far too early to judge transfer activity, however as with the dicking around with Joe Allen last year the warning signs are there.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Roque Mesa on 09:11 - Jun 30 with 2742 viewsmacthejack

Roque Mesa on 09:08 - Jun 30 by ymaohyd

Just reading Bournemouth are signing a Chelsea defender, a club record signing, this on top of Defoe who will be a brilliant 'bench' signing.

In all likelihood (hopefully), Bournemouth will be in our mini league of us, Stoke, West Brom, possibly Southampton and West Ham.

Far too early to judge transfer activity, however as with the dicking around with Joe Allen last year the warning signs are there.

When the Bournemouth bubble bursts it will go with an almighty bang.

Surely they've got to start expecting to flirt with the top 6/europe/winning a cup when spending that kind of money?
Roque Mesa on 09:25 - Jun 30 with 2680 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Surely financial FairPlay will be kicking in on them soon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024