Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn 19:56 - Jul 12 with 16629 viewsexiledclaseboy

Will be included on the ballot paper for the Labour leadership election. Which probably f*cks up Angela Eagle's entire campaign strategy, not to mention that of anyone else who was planning on throwing their hat into the ring if the hairy trot had been excluded.

Labour is f*cked.

Poll: Tory leader

Corbyn on 10:54 - Jul 13 with 931 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn on 10:39 - Jul 13 by Pegojack

I thought I saw on the news this morning that new members who sign up between 16-18 July and pay a £25 registration fee will also be entitled? Why those random dates, I don't know!

Ah right.

So anyone that has signed up in the past few weeks can't vote but if people sign up next week they can?

Sounds tremendous.
Corbyn on 10:56 - Jul 13 with 926 viewsyescomeon

Corbyn on 10:31 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

Well given that they announced yesterday that only people who were members in January (I think it's January they have said) can vote she'd be better off saving her money.
Anyone that's signed up in the last few weeks can't vote.

OK, thanks for the heads up I'll tell her to pick me up some beer on the way home with that £25 instead.

Upthecity!

Corbyn on 10:56 - Jul 13 with 920 viewsDarran

Corbyn on 10:32 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

Sorry Brynnie but you have just summed up the whole shameful attitude amongst Corbynistas in one rather spiteful post.

I don't know why you bother Lisa I really don't.

Before Corbyn was elected as leader Tories were running campaigns on Twitter to get together and vote for him because they could see the turmoil it was going to cause.
Why anyone with more than one brain cell can't see what's wrong is beyond me.

There's far too many people 'pretending' to be left wing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corbyn on 10:58 - Jul 13 with 921 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn on 10:44 - Jul 13 by jackonicko

Owen Smith is a lefty?? That'll be news to people that have read his previous views on austerity, privatisation and PFI.

I'm hoping the first thing Theresa does is call a snap GE. I know it's hugely unlikely, but watching the Labour Party fight amongst themselves rather than a GE would be tremendously entertaining.

I suspect some people are confusing Owen Smith with Owen Jones...

I hope she doesn't by the way. As I said yesterday, it would be in her benefit to do so, but doe the sake of stability I hope she puts that to one side.

It's all a bit moot anyway - if she does a good job and Labour keep Corbyn in place she will win in 3 years' time and get another 5 years.

As the past few days have reminded us, the Tory party are like the BBC - you may not like them, but they're the only people to turn to in a crisis. Imagine what would be happening now if Labour were in power.
Corbyn on 10:59 - Jul 13 with 919 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn on 10:56 - Jul 13 by yescomeon

OK, thanks for the heads up I'll tell her to pick me up some beer on the way home with that £25 instead.

It seems that she may be able to - just not today !

Lol.
Corbyn on 11:02 - Jul 13 with 909 viewsmonmouth

Corbyn on 10:56 - Jul 13 by Darran

Before Corbyn was elected as leader Tories were running campaigns on Twitter to get together and vote for him because they could see the turmoil it was going to cause.

If Corbyn and McDonnell had a free hand to implement all their policies intact most of their loudest idealistic supporters would be whining like bitches.

Labour is double f*cked.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corbyn on 11:02 - Jul 13 with 905 viewsDarran

Corbyn on 10:56 - Jul 13 by yescomeon

When she's out getting you beer tell her to call in the library and borrow some history books.

Corbyn on 11:03 - Jul 13 with 909 viewslondonlisa2001

I mainly don't understand why his followers have got such a thing about his 'principled' politics.

He's been less principled in the past couple of months than any leader of a major party I can remember. And I include Blair in that.

He has clearly demonstrated that his only priority is himself and his mates. He doesn't give a toss about the party or the country. I always thought he was unelectable, and I always thought he was intellectually weak, but I am surprised by quite how self centred and egotistical he is.
Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn on 11:06 - Jul 13 with 896 viewsDarran

Corbyn on 11:03 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

I mainly don't understand why his followers have got such a thing about his 'principled' politics.

He's been less principled in the past couple of months than any leader of a major party I can remember. And I include Blair in that.

He has clearly demonstrated that his only priority is himself and his mates. He doesn't give a toss about the party or the country. I always thought he was unelectable, and I always thought he was intellectually weak, but I am surprised by quite how self centred and egotistical he is.

Absolutely,brilliant post.

Corbyn on 11:09 - Jul 13 with 896 viewsPegojack

Corbyn on 11:03 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

Right, that's it, your name is on the list. Come the revolution......
Corbyn on 11:10 - Jul 13 with 892 viewsyescomeon

Corbyn on 10:14 - Jul 13 by Lohengrin

I'll type a quick quote in here for you from Tim Rees's book In Sights. Rees was a former soldier who fought in The Falklands Conflict, he is also that rarest of birds, something of a left wing squaddie. That fact notwithstanding he had this to say...

" One lady I particularly remember is Connie, who was ninety two years young. My own personal thoughts on whether the war and the deaths of all those soldiers was justified ultimately came to rest on Connie. The Argentinians had commandeered her house and forced her out.... all the subsequent talk of Thatcher and mineral rights simply confuses a basic principle: Our job was to defend the lives and freedom of British citizens."

That basic principle is alien to Corbyn.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 10:25]

You wouldn't want him as a war time leader, you'll get no argument from me there. He lacks leadership in general perhaps. He's impressed me with the way he has come through this coup though.

Upthecity!

Corbyn on 11:12 - Jul 13 with 883 viewsyescomeon

Corbyn on 11:02 - Jul 13 by Darran

When she's out getting you beer tell her to call in the library and borrow some history books.

I don't waste my time with history. There's no point looking backwards, we're not going that way. (or at least we shouldn't be)

Upthecity!

Corbyn on 11:16 - Jul 13 with 873 viewsraynor94

Corbyn on 11:10 - Jul 13 by yescomeon

You wouldn't want him as a war time leader, you'll get no argument from me there. He lacks leadership in general perhaps. He's impressed me with the way he has come through this coup though.

Coup? the elected MP's have no faith in him, he is being backed up by the left wing union's, perhaps you are to young to remember the late seventies, but give it a Google because that's where he wants to take us

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Corbyn on 11:17 - Jul 13 with 869 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn on 11:09 - Jul 13 by Pegojack

Right, that's it, your name is on the list. Come the revolution......

Any revolution that's led by people like Diane Abbott, I quite fancy my chances to be honest !

She's a lot closer to Marie Antoinette than I am :-)
Corbyn on 11:28 - Jul 13 with 848 viewsyescomeon

Corbyn on 11:16 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Coup? the elected MP's have no faith in him, he is being backed up by the left wing union's, perhaps you are to young to remember the late seventies, but give it a Google because that's where he wants to take us

I'm using the terminology used in the press and on here. I think I am being mistaken for a Corbyn supporter. Like I said, I agree with some of his policy and he seems like a nice man. I couldn't give a flying f*ck if he is labour leader or not, or whether the labour party implodes. It and him will be replaced in time, and hopefully with something more effective, on both counts.

Upthecity!

Corbyn on 11:40 - Jul 13 with 825 viewsLohengrin

"There's far too many people 'pretending' to be left wing."

That's tickled me.

What form does this pretense take? Is there this tranche of cloak-and-dagger Monday Clubbers embracing a limited wardrobe and adopting atrocious table manners in the attempt to slip under the radar?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corbyn on 11:45 - Jul 13 with 811 viewsDarran

Corbyn on 11:40 - Jul 13 by Lohengrin

"There's far too many people 'pretending' to be left wing."

That's tickled me.

What form does this pretense take? Is there this tranche of cloak-and-dagger Monday Clubbers embracing a limited wardrobe and adopting atrocious table manners in the attempt to slip under the radar?

Well I could bump posts on here for instance from certain left wingers that real left wingers would never say.
It's quite hip to pretend you're left wing for today but none of them give a f*ck about the future.

Corbyn on 11:47 - Jul 13 with 815 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn on 10:58 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

I suspect some people are confusing Owen Smith with Owen Jones...

I hope she doesn't by the way. As I said yesterday, it would be in her benefit to do so, but doe the sake of stability I hope she puts that to one side.

It's all a bit moot anyway - if she does a good job and Labour keep Corbyn in place she will win in 3 years' time and get another 5 years.

As the past few days have reminded us, the Tory party are like the BBC - you may not like them, but they're the only people to turn to in a crisis. Imagine what would be happening now if Labour were in power.

"I suspect some people are confusing Owen Smith with Owen Jones... "

Ha! My eldest daughter did exactly that! "I'd vote for him, he's lovely." I was a bit confused for a moment, until the penny dropped.

Corbyn on 11:49 - Jul 13 with 807 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn on 11:45 - Jul 13 by Darran

Well I could bump posts on here for instance from certain left wingers that real left wingers would never say.
It's quite hip to pretend you're left wing for today but none of them give a f*ck about the future.

Virtue signalling. That's apparently the name for it.

Corbyn on 12:30 - Jul 13 with 778 viewsLord_Bony

Corbyn on 09:19 - Jul 13 by monmouth

That will undoubtedly happen Wayne. We will get the hard line because they have to as a deterrent and meanwhile they will also offer incentives to others to stop further break up.

Two ways to look at it really in terms of our timing on this
1) We've acted selflessly in falling on our sword to improve the lot of the many in the EU or
2) We've right royally f*cked it up.

For the rabid 'suck it uppers' please note, I'm not trying to judge whether in or out is best, merely the blindingly obvious consequences of the timing of us choosing to ask and answer the question the way we did.

President of the Eu Junker has come out today and said no hard-line will be taken against UK during Brexit.

May and Merkel (I like the sound of that) will get on well together.
The UK will still be the most important ally to Europe they went on to say.also the impact is pretty minimal.

Even I'm rather surprised at that.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Corbyn on 13:00 - Jul 13 with 748 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's no leader
He's to left wing
I remember the 70's
He's scruffy
Union puppet
Not strong enough
He's a snake
He's anti war
He's no good for us .

He's different & millions are fed up with the same old same old .And because of that he's becoming a bit popular like .

There's nothing wrong with his policies the 172 snakes say !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Corbyn on 13:05 - Jul 13 with 740 viewsperchrockjack

Corbyn is on a win win.if he wins he hS power and is vindicated.if he loses he s a martyr.

Principles ? Last one with principles was thatcher who was full of them.

Weren't they popular in places and much social division followed, which is what we re seeing now.

Get it? Nah, didn't think so

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Corbyn on 13:05 - Jul 13 with 742 viewsmonmouth

Corbyn on 12:30 - Jul 13 by Lord_Bony

President of the Eu Junker has come out today and said no hard-line will be taken against UK during Brexit.

May and Merkel (I like the sound of that) will get on well together.
The UK will still be the most important ally to Europe they went on to say.also the impact is pretty minimal.

Even I'm rather surprised at that.

Aye, lets see what happens. Words are cheap, and both sides need to reassure international markets.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corbyn on 13:09 - Jul 13 with 739 viewsraynor94

Cameron just said he reminded him of the Black Knight from Monty Python, fetched the house down

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Corbyn on 13:48 - Jul 13 with 699 viewsWarwickHunt

Corbyn on 13:09 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Cameron just said he reminded him of the Black Knight from Monty Python, fetched the house down

He's not the first to say that. Fair play to him for coming out with it though.
I never in a million years thought I'd say this but, given the dire alternatives, I think I'll miss him...

It would be easier for May and Corbyn to pass gallstones than deliver something mildly amusing.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 13:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024