Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris backtracking 07:20 - Jun 27 with 12146 viewssherpajacob

Is this what leavers voted for?

"EU citizens living in this country will have their rights fully protected, and the same goes for British citizens living in the EU.
"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down. As the German equivalent of the CBI - the BDI - has very sensibly reminded us, there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market.
"The only change - and it will not come in any great rush - is that the UK will extricate itself from the EU's extraordinary and opaque system of legislation: the vast and growing corpus of law enacted by a European Court of Justice from which there can be no appeal."

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Boris backtracking on 07:24 - Jun 27 with 3338 viewsDr_Winston

Fine by me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Boris backtracking on 07:27 - Jun 27 with 3327 viewspikeypaul

Osbourne also going back on all his scare mongering prior to the referendum.

The threatened immediate emergency budget post a leave vote has suddenly been abandoned.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Boris backtracking on 08:00 - Jun 27 with 3252 viewsItchySphincter

Boris backtracking on 07:24 - Jun 27 by Dr_Winston

Fine by me.

It sounds similar to what remainers/EU reformers were asking for, sovereignty, but what about all those that voted to take us out based on battening down the hatches and stopping all the dirty foreigners from stealing our benefits and killing our NHS? Not going to be happy.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Boris backtracking on 08:11 - Jun 27 with 3250 viewsLeonisGod

So we're going to be able to have our cake and eat it? Excellent. Not sure we'll be allowed that though, unless the whole EU has major reform.

That doesn't tell you much, the language is too vague. The 2 known scenarios where we could get all those things are (1) stay in and carry on as normal, and (2) exit and renegotiate a Norway type model, where we pay almost as much, have to comply with a lot of the regs and can't do anything about migration.
Boris backtracking on 08:32 - Jun 27 with 3216 viewsstevejg73

There is no backtracking, the rights of EU citizens to remain in the UK was made clear before the referendum.

And on future immigration:

"Yes, the Government will be able to take back democratic control of immigration policy, with a balanced and humane points-based system to suit the needs of business and industry".

So a points based system based on the needs of UK business and industry, which is the way it should be.
Boris backtracking on 08:36 - Jun 27 with 3207 viewsPegojack

Boris is talking out of his a*se, as he usually does. He might want all those things, but the EU is in no mood to give us 'em.

Yes indeed, folks, the turkeys have well and truly voted for Christmas.
Boris backtracking on 08:50 - Jun 27 with 3183 viewssherpajacob

Boris backtracking on 08:32 - Jun 27 by stevejg73

There is no backtracking, the rights of EU citizens to remain in the UK was made clear before the referendum.

And on future immigration:

"Yes, the Government will be able to take back democratic control of immigration policy, with a balanced and humane points-based system to suit the needs of business and industry".

So a points based system based on the needs of UK business and industry, which is the way it should be.

"And the same goes for British citizens living in the EU.
"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU;

We can't have this bit though can we?.

Looking forward to Boris next appearance on Newsnigbt or QT. Let's get. Paxman out of retirement

Paxman: so you want access to the single market, without paying £350m a week.
Boris: it was never £350m because of the rebate, and it costs our economy a lot more to be outside the single market.
paxman: what about free movement of people.
Boris: immigration wasn't a key issue for.people who voted leave. (He's already said this!)

Boris backtracking on 08:58 - Jun 27 with 3165 viewsmagicdaps10

Again, really!!!

Did people expect anything different to this. I voted out and i am extremely pleased with what he has said there, something i myself fully expected.

If anyone voted out solely down to this reason then they are extremely thick.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Boris backtracking on 08:59 - Jun 27 with 3161 viewsperchrockjack

He might be lying.

It's easily done.

We need a leader, we really do

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Boris backtracking on 09:20 - Jun 27 with 3120 viewsmagicdaps10

Boris backtracking on 08:59 - Jun 27 by perchrockjack

He might be lying.

It's easily done.

We need a leader, we really do

It could be but surely if he goes against what he says then it wont be good for him AND if it were to happen it would start all kinds on the streets of the UK and abroad.

Boris backtracking on 09:25 - Jun 27 with 3108 viewsPhaedrus

Lol. Access to single market going to cost us what we thought we were saving by leaving.

German MP Michael Fuchs, a senior ally of Chancellor Angela Merkel, spoke to the Today programme a short time ago.

With a chuckle, he made it clear things were going to have to change.

"Either you are in a club or you are out of a club. If you are in a club you have to follow the rules. If you are out of the club, there will be different rules," he said.

Asked if it would be possible for the UK to retain access to the single market, he replied: "It will be possible, of course, but not for free.

"You have to see with Norway, with Switzerland, you have to pay a certain fee. And the per capita fee of Norway is exactly the same as what Britain is now paying into the EU. So there won't be any savings."

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Boris backtracking on 09:32 - Jun 27 with 3092 viewsWarwickHunt

Boris backtracking on 09:25 - Jun 27 by Phaedrus

Lol. Access to single market going to cost us what we thought we were saving by leaving.

German MP Michael Fuchs, a senior ally of Chancellor Angela Merkel, spoke to the Today programme a short time ago.

"Either you are in a club or you are out of a club. If you are in a club you have to follow the rules. If you are out of the club, there will be different rules," he said.

Asked if it would be possible for the UK to retain access to the single market, he replied: "It will be possible, of course, but not for free.

"You have to see with Norway, with Switzerland, you have to pay a certain fee. And the per capita fee of Norway is exactly the same as what Britain is now paying into the EU. So there won't be any savings."

Well, who could have possibly seen that coming?

Still, we stuck one up Johnny Foreigner...
Boris backtracking on 09:33 - Jun 27 with 3089 viewsmagicdaps10

Boris backtracking on 09:25 - Jun 27 by Phaedrus

But again, there are more issues than just this.

People seem to have voted in or out on one basis alone and then continually harp on about that one reason.

We have been a divided country for many a year, even under EU law...................this referendum has just brought the issue to the surface.

Boris backtracking on 09:38 - Jun 27 with 3074 viewsPhaedrus

Boris backtracking on 09:33 - Jun 27 by magicdaps10

People seem to have voted in or out on one basis alone and then continually harp on about that one reason.

We have been a divided country for many a year, even under EU law...................this referendum has just brought the issue to the surface.

and now were even more divided, and in a tailspin, but at least we can reduce immigration now.....Errr....

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Boris backtracking on 09:47 - Jun 27 with 3060 viewssherpajacob

Boris backtracking on 09:33 - Jun 27 by magicdaps10

I disagree that people voted in or out for one reason only.

A lot of people voted out for one reason only - immigration-

Some people voted out for a number of reasons including sovereignty and democracy.

Most people who voted remain did so for a whole raft of reasons.

The people who voted out solely on immigration tipped the balance, without these I believe the result would have been similar to the previous referendum of about 2/3 remain, 1/3 leave.

However I realise there are people who will disagree.

Boris backtracking on 09:50 - Jun 27 with 3054 viewsPrivate_Partz

Boris backtracking on 08:58 - Jun 27 by magicdaps10

Again, really!!!

Did people expect anything different to this. I voted out and i am extremely pleased with what he has said there, something i myself fully expected.

If anyone voted out solely down to this reason then they are extremely thick.

And there you have it. The eloquent Leavers like you and the extremely thick. Unfortunately the latter have helped to cause this mess and there are millions of them. They arn't the most culpable however, that lies at the doors of Dodgy Dave and Boris.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Boris backtracking on 09:54 - Jun 27 with 3042 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Boris clearly didn't expect to win because he hasn't got a f*****g clue what to do now he's won.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Boris backtracking on 09:54 - Jun 27 with 3042 viewsmagicdaps10

Boris backtracking on 09:38 - Jun 27 by Phaedrus

and now were even more divided, and in a tailspin, but at least we can reduce immigration now.....Errr....

It was going to happen with or without this referendum, surely you can see that?

Boris backtracking on 09:59 - Jun 27 with 3026 viewsmonmouth

Boris backtracking on 08:11 - Jun 27 by LeonisGod

So we're going to be able to have our cake and eat it? Excellent. Not sure we'll be allowed that though, unless the whole EU has major reform.

That doesn't tell you much, the language is too vague. The 2 known scenarios where we could get all those things are (1) stay in and carry on as normal, and (2) exit and renegotiate a Norway type model, where we pay almost as much, have to comply with a lot of the regs and can't do anything about migration.

(2) and have no input or influence over the rules we have to abide by, so no benefits at all over (1)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boris backtracking on 10:00 - Jun 27 with 3023 viewsmagicdaps10

Boris backtracking on 09:47 - Jun 27 by sherpajacob

I disagree that people voted in or out for one reason only.

A lot of people voted out for one reason only - immigration-

Some people voted out for a number of reasons including sovereignty and democracy.

Most people who voted remain did so for a whole raft of reasons.

The people who voted out solely on immigration tipped the balance, without these I believe the result would have been similar to the previous referendum of about 2/3 remain, 1/3 leave.

However I realise there are people who will disagree.

Well all i can say, poiticions are in it for two reasons alone

1. To make a difference(no that many unfortunately)

2. To make money

Now that we have voted out then there is a opportunity for these MP's to make a difference or stand up and be counted............instead they are arguing like little bitchees and resigning like spoilt little kids.

Boris backtracking on 10:03 - Jun 27 with 3011 viewsmagicdaps10

Boris backtracking on 09:50 - Jun 27 by Private_Partz

And there you have it. The eloquent Leavers like you and the extremely thick. Unfortunately the latter have helped to cause this mess and there are millions of them. They arn't the most culpable however, that lies at the doors of Dodgy Dave and Boris.

IF

You missed a word out when reading. I wont be ignorant to say that people did because i dont know if that was the case.

Boris backtracking on 10:03 - Jun 27 with 3005 viewssherpajacob

Boris backtracking on 09:50 - Jun 27 by Private_Partz

There are millions of them, unfortunately.

We made it hard for them to understand with a remain or leave question.

The 1975 referendum asked should we stay.
Yes
No.

I sincerely believe we would have had a different result with a simple yes or no question.
The number of people I spoke to on Wednesday and Thursday who said to.me " I haven't got a clue what to vote"

Cameron has put himself firmly in the Neville Chamberlain category of PMs

Boris backtracking on 10:06 - Jun 27 with 2992 viewsmonmouth

Boris backtracking on 10:03 - Jun 27 by sherpajacob

Yes
No.

I sincerely believe we would have had a different result with a simple yes or no question.
The number of people I spoke to on Wednesday and Thursday who said to.me " I haven't got a clue what to vote"

He's being talked of as the biggest asshole since Lord North never mind old Nev.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boris backtracking on 10:09 - Jun 27 with 2979 viewsmagicdaps10

Boris backtracking on 10:03 - Jun 27 by sherpajacob

Yes
No.

People are so blinkered.

So everyone who did not know what to vote, they voted out?

Im not saying this is the case but please open your mind up, votes were gained by leave from the undecided AND votes were gained for remain from the undecided.

To say one had higher than the other could easily be decided by a flip of a coin. How i am reading this, because they are undecided then they must be dull so in turn voted out.

I am totally disgusted by how peoples attitudes have turned towards each other in this country in the last 20yrs or so.

Boris backtracking on 10:17 - Jun 27 with 2943 viewsLohengrin

Boris backtracking on 10:06 - Jun 27 by monmouth

He's being talked of as the biggest asshole since Lord North never mind old Nev.

Lord North! I wonder how many on here had to go scrambling for Wikipedia?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024