Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain With or Leave the EU 19:55 - Jun 2 with 130693 viewsunion_jack

Remain With or Leave the EU

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:01 - Jun 22 with 2634 viewsraynor94

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:34 - Jun 22 by max936

I've got a new job I'm in the pink now mun.

Really pleased for you Max

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:03 - Jun 22 with 2627 viewsFlashberryjack

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:10 - Jun 22 with 2601 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:57 - Jun 22 by exiledclaseboy

It's still decades away, even with the "accelerated" accession. And of course every single existing member state has a right to veto Turkey's membership.

Wow, said with such utter conviction. You have either developed time travel and haven't let on to the rest of us.
Or perhaps you have prescience?
You obviously couldn't possibly, under any circumstances, be wrong, could you?
Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:12 - Jun 22 with 2601 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:10 - Jun 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Wow, said with such utter conviction. You have either developed time travel and haven't let on to the rest of us.
Or perhaps you have prescience?
You obviously couldn't possibly, under any circumstances, be wrong, could you?

Only time will tell on that one old son. I was expressing an opinion, it's what we do on here. Feel free to bring it up if I turn out to be incorrect. You seem like you'd enjoy doing that.

Poll: Tory leader

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:18 - Jun 22 with 2581 viewsmax936

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:01 - Jun 22 by raynor94

Really pleased for you Max

Last day Monday in my present job, only been with them for 12 yrs though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:21 - Jun 22 with 2572 viewsLeonisGod

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:27 - Jun 22 by Apollo

Wainwright's alarm about the adverse impact of Brexit on fighting terrorism and international crime is shared by many leading experts. Here, for example, are the views of Dame Pauline Neville Jones, former chair of the Joint Intelligence Committee:

"Where I think those who want us to leave the EU get it seriously wrong is on border control and police cooperation. As regards borders, the central claim is that if we left the EU we would be better able to keep terrorists out of Britain ... This really is nonsense ....
The irony is that if we left the EU, our border control could well actually deteriorate. The control we conduct in Calais or Paris, in relation to the Channel tunnel and the Eurostar, would be at severe risk following Brexit, with the likely result that the Calais migrant camp would establish itself in Kent.

The aim of border control policy is to push the point of control as far from a country’s physical shores as possible : for instance to foreign airports, so that we can prevent undesirable individuals ever getting on a plane to the UK. EU cooperation underpins this, and it would be a serious security mistake to create a situation where many more people were able to cross into the UK in the first place."

(Source: Article in The Guardian 25 March 2016)

You're wasting your time. Didn't you know PS was more informed than Europe's and America's intelligence agencies, pretty much all financial institues and leading science bodies?
Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:27 - Jun 22 with 2558 viewsNookiejack

Bookies going 1/3 on Remain even though Leave have about a 1% lead in latest polls.

That is about 75% chance of Remaining.

Their hunch must be that the undecided are going to Vote to Remain.

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/politics/british-politics/eu-referendum/referendum-o
Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:33 - Jun 22 with 2545 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:25 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Did I?

Where?

I may have done, but can't recall doing so.

I am afraid that you did.
Global Warming... on 18:29 - Jun 15 with 276 views londonlisa2001
"Sorry - I can't see where I've described it as extreme?

I can see where you have said that but not me?

Global warming as an issue was not invented by Obama. I'm not certain why you hate him quite so much, but that's ok to believe he's the source of all evil if you want."
Login to get fewer ads

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:38 - Jun 22 with 2529 viewsepaul

Not my words but definitely my sentiments

friday's going to be amazing! i'm going to wake up in my Union Jack jim-jams to the sound of a squadron of Spitfires racing overhead and leaving a trail of hot buttered crumpets behind them

I'll run to the corner shop past all the british children who are laughing and squealing with excitement as they make a beautiful statue of the queen out of happy wriggling bulldog puppies - with two corgis for her eyebrows!

bunting flutters everywhere and the man from the betting shop steps into the street - "guess what! England just won the World Cup & The Ashes & The Grand National and here's the best bit - Boris put a bet on it for everyone! you're all MILLIONAIRES!!!"

the red arrows fly overhead dropping fish and chips as i walk into the corner shop, get my morning paper and go to the counter. "how much please?" i say to the asian lad there. "1 pence, everything in the whole shop now costs just 1p!" he laughs, "leave it on the counter, i'm off back to pakistan - we all are!"

and he's right! outside in the streets jolly old nigel farage is leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners - turks, poles, romanians, syrians - there's even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! nigel's playing Rule Britannia on a long pipe, rather like the pipe that takes the gas into your oven, and they're all following and smiling and talking foreign, bless them!

just then boris flies overhead in a concorde made of Bank of England gold - "don't worry!" he laughs "I've cut out all the bits the French made!" and with that he crashes into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing f*ckwits who fell for his bullshit.

grow up. wake up.

IN

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:40 - Jun 22 with 2525 viewsLeonisGod

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:20 - Jun 22 by max936

270,000 migrants came here last year apparently, we surely can't sustain that, that's without the supposed cost of staying in the EU, Turkey are poised to join the EU as well, god knows what'll happen then.

If migrants from the EU are net contributors to the public purse, how is it not sustainable?
Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:47 - Jun 22 with 2512 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:33 - Jun 22 by A_Fans_Dad

I am afraid that you did.
Global Warming... on 18:29 - Jun 15 with 276 views londonlisa2001
"Sorry - I can't see where I've described it as extreme?

I can see where you have said that but not me?

Global warming as an issue was not invented by Obama. I'm not certain why you hate him quite so much, but that's ok to believe he's the source of all evil if you want."

Fair enough - as I said, I might have done.

It would probably have been better if I'd used the words 'I'm not certain why you dislike him so much' - hate was probably too strong in which case I apologise.

I am not however certain why you dislike him so much!
Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:50 - Jun 22 with 2502 viewsFlashberryjack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:38 - Jun 22 by epaul

friday's going to be amazing! i'm going to wake up in my Union Jack jim-jams to the sound of a squadron of Spitfires racing overhead and leaving a trail of hot buttered crumpets behind them

I'll run to the corner shop past all the british children who are laughing and squealing with excitement as they make a beautiful statue of the queen out of happy wriggling bulldog puppies - with two corgis for her eyebrows!

bunting flutters everywhere and the man from the betting shop steps into the street - "guess what! England just won the World Cup & The Ashes & The Grand National and here's the best bit - Boris put a bet on it for everyone! you're all MILLIONAIRES!!!"

the red arrows fly overhead dropping fish and chips as i walk into the corner shop, get my morning paper and go to the counter. "how much please?" i say to the asian lad there. "1 pence, everything in the whole shop now costs just 1p!" he laughs, "leave it on the counter, i'm off back to pakistan - we all are!"

and he's right! outside in the streets jolly old nigel farage is leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners - turks, poles, romanians, syrians - there's even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! nigel's playing Rule Britannia on a long pipe, rather like the pipe that takes the gas into your oven, and they're all following and smiling and talking foreign, bless them!

just then boris flies overhead in a concorde made of Bank of England gold - "don't worry!" he laughs "I've cut out all the bits the French made!" and with that he crashes into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing f*ckwits who fell for his bullshit.

grow up. wake up.

IN

What a load of utter BULLSH*T, whoever wrote that did himself and the "Stay" campaigners a great injustice.

Hello

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:00 - Jun 22 with 2471 viewsJackfath

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:38 - Jun 22 by epaul

grow up. wake up.

IN

That's awfully embarrassing Paul.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:03 - Jun 22 with 2465 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:47 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Fair enough - as I said, I might have done.

It would probably have been better if I'd used the words 'I'm not certain why you dislike him so much' - hate was probably too strong in which case I apologise.

I am not however certain why you dislike him so much!

No apology necessary Lisa, I can understand your thinking.
Unfortunately you do not understand mine.
He has blatently lied to the public about "extreme weather", the actual NASA data say's so.
He also lied about Obamacare.
He has been involved in crony capitalism that has cost his public billions.
But it doesn't really matter how he has treated the people who voted for him, that is their problem.
What I cannot stand is how much money is being wasted by the world combatting a non problem that you also happen to believe in.
As we cannot agree on it we have to agree to disagree.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:06 - Jun 22 with 2461 viewsraynor94

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:50 - Jun 22 by Flashberryjack

What a load of utter BULLSH*T, whoever wrote that did himself and the "Stay" campaigners a great injustice.

Light hearted fun, you are taking this ever so serious, open a nice bottle of red feet up watch the football, up bright and early to vote, campaigning is over, whatever will be will be

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:10 - Jun 22 with 2458 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:03 - Jun 22 by A_Fans_Dad

No apology necessary Lisa, I can understand your thinking.
Unfortunately you do not understand mine.
He has blatently lied to the public about "extreme weather", the actual NASA data say's so.
He also lied about Obamacare.
He has been involved in crony capitalism that has cost his public billions.
But it doesn't really matter how he has treated the people who voted for him, that is their problem.
What I cannot stand is how much money is being wasted by the world combatting a non problem that you also happen to believe in.
As we cannot agree on it we have to agree to disagree.

Indeed, and I have no problem with that.

i guess that ultimately I think even if we are 'wasting money' on climate change, it is forcing us into a world which doesn't rely so much on wasting resources, and I'm more comfortable with that than I am with spending equivalent amounts on blowing people up.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:34 - Jun 22 with 2419 viewsFlashberryjack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:06 - Jun 22 by raynor94

Light hearted fun, you are taking this ever so serious, open a nice bottle of red feet up watch the football, up bright and early to vote, campaigning is over, whatever will be will be

All ready have mate, about half hour ago....... but you have to admit Rayns, that was an embarrassment of a post.

Hello

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:51 - Jun 22 with 2397 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:34 - Jun 22 by sherpajacob

"I don't understand how not trusting the Turks makes anyone xenophobic,"

Any nation that can murder a milion and a half people by forced marches , burning people alive and mass shootings isn't really THAT trustworthy is it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

Not forgeting over half a million Greeks either

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_genocide

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:59 - Jun 22 with 2380 viewsraynor94

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:34 - Jun 22 by Flashberryjack

All ready have mate, about half hour ago....... but you have to admit Rayns, that was an embarrassment of a post.

Of course, but whatever the result on Friday, we are playing NI for a place in the quarter finals on Saturday something to look forward to

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:00 - Jun 22 with 2378 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:10 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Indeed, and I have no problem with that.

i guess that ultimately I think even if we are 'wasting money' on climate change, it is forcing us into a world which doesn't rely so much on wasting resources, and I'm more comfortable with that than I am with spending equivalent amounts on blowing people up.

Unfortunately the amounts are not even close, we are talking of billions for bombs & bullets etc.
We are talking of many many Trillions for fighting Climate Change, by decarbonation of the whole world A la the Paris Agreement.
Would you like to read a short study by Greenpeace to put it in to perspective, bearing mind that this is just how they see it for Germany.
http://www.thegwpf.com/the-energy-absurdity-of-the-paris-climate-agreement/
Or this on the World costs
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/bloombergs-energy-outlo
Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:25 - Jun 22 with 2324 viewsLoyal

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:59 - Jun 22 by raynor94

Of course, but whatever the result on Friday, we are playing NI for a place in the quarter finals on Saturday something to look forward to

Ha !
We won't be in the next fckr 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:14 - Jun 22 with 2272 viewspoptech

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:48 - Jun 22 by yescomeon

Careful lads, you'll wake poptech.

Not at all, as how the British people vote on this issue is none of my or any other American's business.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:41 - Jun 22 with 2227 viewsBytholWyn

Why am I pussy footing around here? For us in Wales to vote for Brexit would be an act of abject folly. None of the main arguments for Brexit hold water in Wales - regardless of whether they have merit in the rest of the UK. Turkeys voting for Xmas comes to mind.

If anyone in Wales votes for Brexit because of immigration, where only 6% or so of Wales' population was born outside of the UK, then they are either twp, racist, or both.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 00:05 - Jun 23 with 2203 viewsLord_Bony

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:14 - Jun 22 by poptech

Not at all, as how the British people vote on this issue is none of my or any other American's business.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Remain With or Leave the EU on 02:53 - Jun 23 with 2144 viewspoptech

Remain With or Leave the EU on 00:05 - Jun 23 by Lord_Bony

This is the first I have heard of Brits wanting to take political advice from Americans regarding governing their own country. On what planet would the opinion of an American sway a Brit's vote on this anyway? Our opinions would do nothing but solidify those contrary to said opinion, only making it harder for either side to convince each other of anything. It is best we stay out of it.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024