Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain With or Leave the EU 19:55 - Jun 2 with 130697 viewsunion_jack

Remain With or Leave the EU

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:28 - Jun 17 with 2652 viewsjojaca

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:05 - Jun 17 by Jack_Meoff

A little light relief for Friday night. Top rant from 4.30 in, absolutely nails it! NSFW I should add...

That cheered up my Friday evening.

Even when you know, you never know?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:35 - Jun 17 with 2647 viewsNeathJack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:05 - Jun 17 by Jack_Meoff

A little light relief for Friday night. Top rant from 4.30 in, absolutely nails it! NSFW I should add...

Superb
Remain With or Leave the EU on 01:06 - Jun 18 with 2580 viewspoptech

Remain With or Leave the EU on 08:09 - Jun 17 by nice_to_michu

Move on, bro.

Let us fester in our steaming pile of ignorance. Not interested in discussions with a website.

It is quite clear that you are not interested in correcting misinformation.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 06:20 - Jun 18 with 2540 viewsepaul

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:28 - Jun 17 by jojaca

That cheered up my Friday evening.

Love Jonathan Pie he's done a few"ranty" vids all quite funny

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Remain With or Leave the EU on 06:50 - Jun 18 with 2527 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 01:06 - Jun 18 by poptech

It is quite clear that you are not interested in correcting misinformation.

Yes mate, whatever you say.

Go find another website to focus your ramblings on.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 10:54 - Jun 18 with 2471 viewsHighjack

Play nice chaps it's only a referendum.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 11:51 - Jun 18 with 2449 viewsBarrySwan

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:40 - Jun 17 by johnlangy

Thank you llj.

Barry, at the moment we pay £9 billion in (allowing for the money we get back). If we stop paying that do you seriously believe they'll just say never mind, carry on as you were.

Well firstly I think that you'll find that it is nearer £12bn this year, and lets not forget nice little surcharges like the £1.7bn that the EU hit us with after recalculating our GDP or GVA or whatever they're calling it these days because they now take into account an extra made up figure calculating estimated turnover from drug dealing and prostitution.

You really couldn't make it up.

Don't forget also all the bailouts of EU countries, Greece, Ireland and Spain amongst them we've committed to through the EU plus the IMF

I'm sure you will however remember Cameron shouting and screaming in the media that Britain would pay the £1.7bn surcharge "over my dead body" of course it was handed over by the Conservative government without publicity in two instalments completed by last Summer.

Secondly who is they?

It certainly won't be the drivers of the German economy such as BMW, Volkswagen,Siemans, BASF, Bosch etc etc.

The thought that major German exporters would allow Merkel to effectively put a tariff on their goods to the EU's biggest export market by starting a tariff war with British through a fit of political pique is too laughable to even contemplate.

It's in no ones interests is it?

You're also highlighting the fact that £9bn to £12bn per year is a tariff in itself isn't it? Estimated at over 6% on everything we buy from EU countries right now

I'm sure that you don't hand over £300 a year membership to be allowed to buy goods in Marks and Spencer do you?

I dread to imagine what your reply would be if they did stop you at the door of Marks or any other shop you use for example and asked you for a cash payment just to be able to buy the wares inside their store.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 11:57]
Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:20 - Jun 18 with 2384 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 11:51 - Jun 18 by BarrySwan

Well firstly I think that you'll find that it is nearer £12bn this year, and lets not forget nice little surcharges like the £1.7bn that the EU hit us with after recalculating our GDP or GVA or whatever they're calling it these days because they now take into account an extra made up figure calculating estimated turnover from drug dealing and prostitution.

Don't forget also all the bailouts of EU countries, Greece, Ireland and Spain amongst them we've committed to through the EU plus the IMF

I'm sure you will however remember Cameron shouting and screaming in the media that Britain would pay the £1.7bn surcharge "over my dead body" of course it was handed over by the Conservative government without publicity in two instalments completed by last Summer.

Secondly who is they?

It certainly won't be the drivers of the German economy such as BMW, Volkswagen,Siemans, BASF, Bosch etc etc.

The thought that major German exporters would allow Merkel to effectively put a tariff on their goods to the EU's biggest export market by starting a tariff war with British through a fit of political pique is too laughable to even contemplate.

You're also highlighting the fact that £9bn to £12bn per year is a tariff in itself isn't it? Estimated at over 6% on everything we buy from EU countries right now

I'm sure that you don't hand over £300 a year membership to be allowed to buy goods in Marks and Spencer do you?

I dread to imagine what your reply would be if they did stop you at the door of Marks or any other shop you use for example and asked you for a cash payment just to be able to buy the wares inside their store.

Funny you should say that, because their were a few shops/wharehouses that did just that.
However it was a small one off or annual payment that allowed you access to "wholesale" priced goods as if you were in business.
One was next to the YMCA and one was on the side road between Mansel str and the Kingsway, one was on Oxford st and one down by St Davids.
I think when it first came to Swansea you also had to Register and pay a small fee to use Matalan and they privided you with a card with your photo on, I think I may still have the card.
Apart from Matalan the others have all disappeared.
Login to get fewer ads

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:35 - Jun 18 with 2275 viewspoptech

Remain With or Leave the EU on 06:50 - Jun 18 by nice_to_michu

Yes mate, whatever you say.

Go find another website to focus your ramblings on.

I focus on any place that states misinformation about our work.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:33 - Jun 18 with 2232 viewsDJack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:35 - Jun 18 by poptech

I focus on any place that states misinformation about our work.

And there you actually reveal yourself...

Anything that disagrees with your stance is "misinformation" - It's not "mistaken" or an "incorrect conclusion drawn from large amounts of data with many variables", it is a deliberate act. Yep, just as deliberate as your pasive trolling.

Please leave our board now you TROLL.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Remain With or Leave the EU on 04:38 - Jun 19 with 2192 viewspoptech

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:33 - Jun 18 by DJack

And there you actually reveal yourself...

Anything that disagrees with your stance is "misinformation" - It's not "mistaken" or an "incorrect conclusion drawn from large amounts of data with many variables", it is a deliberate act. Yep, just as deliberate as your pasive trolling.

Please leave our board now you TROLL.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I explicitly stated correcting misinformation about my work not my "stance" on anything. In this case people here have stated misinformation about multiple resources on my website and I have corrected those. Trying to libel me as a troll because you are incapable of following a conversation does not speak well for your analytical abilities.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 09:31 - Jun 19 with 2160 viewsjohnlangy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 11:51 - Jun 18 by BarrySwan

Secondly who is they?

It doesn't appear as if we're going to agree on this Barry. Which is perfectly okay, that's what the referendum's about. People will look at things differently.

But i'll use the Marks and Spencer example to explain the way I see it one more time. If to shop at M&S you had to pay a membership fee and someone else came along and was allowed to shop there at the same prices as you without paying that membership fee you'd be pretty annoyed. You'd say, why can't I shop there without paying a membership fee. Of course, if this person was told they had to pay more for their goods than the members then you'd be okay about it.

I don't find that stance laughable. But let's agree to disagree.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 09:44 - Jun 19 with 2153 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 04:38 - Jun 19 by poptech

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I explicitly stated correcting misinformation about my work not my "stance" on anything. In this case people here have stated misinformation about multiple resources on my website and I have corrected those. Trying to libel me as a troll because you are incapable of following a conversation does not speak well for your analytical abilities.

Yeh man we are all stupid, can't read and are incapable of following conversations. I'm also tired of your presence here, go and and find other lesser beings to discuss your facts with.

I was fairly disinterested in having a conversation with you anyway, but then you proceeded with asking another poster something like "which indisputable facts do you disagree with?", as if that is position which can be debated. It looks as though we are not the only ones with comprehension issues.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 10:57 - Jun 19 with 2115 viewspoptech

Remain With or Leave the EU on 09:44 - Jun 19 by nice_to_michu

Yeh man we are all stupid, can't read and are incapable of following conversations. I'm also tired of your presence here, go and and find other lesser beings to discuss your facts with.

I was fairly disinterested in having a conversation with you anyway, but then you proceeded with asking another poster something like "which indisputable facts do you disagree with?", as if that is position which can be debated. It looks as though we are not the only ones with comprehension issues.

Some things are irrefutable - specifically the actual purpose and methods of our list of papers. Stating misinformation will always warrant a correction. Anyone intellectually honest would admit when they are wrong and not deflect or inject themselves in a conversation they do not understand as you have here.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 11:55 - Jun 19 with 2093 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 10:57 - Jun 19 by poptech

Some things are irrefutable - specifically the actual purpose and methods of our list of papers. Stating misinformation will always warrant a correction. Anyone intellectually honest would admit when they are wrong and not deflect or inject themselves in a conversation they do not understand as you have here.

Actually, I haven't discussed climate science with you at all. I guess you could describe that as one of your "irrefutable" facts.

You talk a great game, use lots of impressive words and seem to enjoy telling others that they have issues with "comprehension", which is curious given that you tried to continue a discussion by asking what irrefutable facts does the poster disagree with. Given your answer it seems as though you still can't comprehend the issue with that.

Everything is black or white with you. You have the facts, nobody else does. We get it.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:14 - Jun 19 with 2037 viewssherpajacob

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1233136/michael-gove-vows-to-spend-100m-a-week-ext

Can someone explain this to me, Michael Gove pledges £100m a week to NHS if leave win.

Gove is not the prime minister, the chancellor or even the health Secretary, so is not in a position to make any such pledge?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:31 - Jun 19 with 2031 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:14 - Jun 19 by sherpajacob

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1233136/michael-gove-vows-to-spend-100m-a-week-ext

Can someone explain this to me, Michael Gove pledges £100m a week to NHS if leave win.

Gove is not the prime minister, the chancellor or even the health Secretary, so is not in a position to make any such pledge?

He can't.

This is what they call "fantasy politics".
Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:45 - Jun 19 with 1973 viewsjohnlangy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:14 - Jun 19 by sherpajacob

Michu is perfectly correct. Gove is making these pledges, as are Boris and the others, knowing full well he/they can't do it. They are saying these things as if this is a General Election. They know statements like this will win votes and that's all they're after.

If anyone votes leave based on this promise then they are gullible in the extreme.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:52 - Jun 19 with 1966 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:45 - Jun 19 by johnlangy

Michu is perfectly correct. Gove is making these pledges, as are Boris and the others, knowing full well he/they can't do it. They are saying these things as if this is a General Election. They know statements like this will win votes and that's all they're after.

If anyone votes leave based on this promise then they are gullible in the extreme.

Indeed

But most leave I have spoken to infact I'd say 99% of them

Are all in the kick them out and lock the door brigade .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:05 - Jun 19 with 1958 viewssherpajacob

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:52 - Jun 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

But most leave I have spoken to infact I'd say 99% of them

Are all in the kick them out and lock the door brigade .

In which case we will never get a Norway style trade deal, without freedom of movement.

Ukip, Gove and ids specialize in appealing to the gullible. Unfortunately there may be just enough of them to swing a leave vote.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:33 - Jun 19 with 1933 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:05 - Jun 19 by sherpajacob

In which case we will never get a Norway style trade deal, without freedom of movement.

Ukip, Gove and ids specialize in appealing to the gullible. Unfortunately there may be just enough of them to swing a leave vote.

Sadly racism is alive and well in this part of the world .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:11 - Jun 19 with 1910 viewsHighjack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:33 - Jun 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Sadly racism is alive and well in this part of the world .

Yes especially from those who think that only immigrants should work in sh1t jobs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:14 - Jun 19 with 1903 viewsmonmouth

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:11 - Jun 19 by Highjack

Yes especially from those who think that only immigrants should work in sh1t jobs.

Or indeed that immigrants should only work in shit jobs.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:09 - Jun 19 with 1861 viewsyescomeon

I'd strongly recommend this video of Professor Michael Dougan from Liverpool University giving his analysis of the referendum debate. His research interests are "...EU Law, particularly EU constitutional law, the Single Market and EU welfare law."

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/law/staff/michael-dougan/

Easily worth 20 minutes if you have it spare he talks about things I'd not even thought about. I am very much a layman on the topics discussed but people might find it useful to hear an actual experts opinion on the Referendum, I certainly did.

Upthecity!

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:44 - Jun 19 with 1836 viewssherpajacob

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:09 - Jun 19 by yescomeon

I'd strongly recommend this video of Professor Michael Dougan from Liverpool University giving his analysis of the referendum debate. His research interests are "...EU Law, particularly EU constitutional law, the Single Market and EU welfare law."

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/law/staff/michael-dougan/

Easily worth 20 minutes if you have it spare he talks about things I'd not even thought about. I am very much a layman on the topics discussed but people might find it useful to hear an actual experts opinion on the Referendum, I certainly did.

Very illuminating and informative.

Just don't expect the brexiters to have their opinion changed by facts, logic and the reality of the situation.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024