Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. 20:14 - Feb 19 with 16588 viewsexiledclaseboy

F*ck me get on with it. Everyone knows you're going to come out with something fairly meaningless that you'll hail as a triumph before your Cabinet members start scratching each other's eyes out from now until all eternity.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 20:22]

Poll: Tory leader

Cameron's EU on 19:32 - Feb 21 with 1661 viewstrampie

Cameron's EU on 19:24 - Feb 21 by dgt73

Trampie where do you think the eu gets it money from ?

It gets it from Wales [amongst others] but gives Wales more back than Wales gave it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 19:46]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cameron's EU on 19:34 - Feb 21 with 1658 viewsdgt73

Cameron's EU on 19:32 - Feb 21 by trampie

It gets it from Wales [amongst others] but gives Wales more back than Wales gave it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 19:46]

So they have a magic wand then that turns £1 into £2

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Cameron's EU on 19:36 - Feb 21 with 1640 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU on 19:21 - Feb 21 by trampie

It is estimated that Wales gets more out of it than it puts into it, not the case for the UK as a whole.
So from a financial point of view Wales would be better in than out ?, could Wales trust the Westminster Government to make the short fall up if its an out vote ?
The Westminster Government don't have a track record of directing funds to areas that need it most in areas outside London like you would expect a Government of a sovereign country to do.

Wales is a net receiver but the UK as a whole is a net contributor so it depends on the distribution of any 'saved' funds from Westminster.

And many would argue that the Westminster government, although poor at distributing funds to areas that need it, is a damn sight better at doing so than the government in Cardiff.
Cameron's EU on 19:50 - Feb 21 with 1625 viewstrampie

Cameron's EU on 19:36 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

Wales is a net receiver but the UK as a whole is a net contributor so it depends on the distribution of any 'saved' funds from Westminster.

And many would argue that the Westminster government, although poor at distributing funds to areas that need it, is a damn sight better at doing so than the government in Cardiff.

There is little in the way of distribution from Westminster or the Bae because both places are run by Unionist Tories, Blue ones in Westminster and Red ones in the Bae.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cameron's EU on 19:52 - Feb 21 with 1620 viewsexiledclaseboy

Only five months of this to go.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 19:53]

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 19:59 - Feb 21 with 1603 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 19:13 - Feb 21 by tomdickharry

1999 to 2000, remember all the bull that came out that if one computer wasn't programmed correctly the whole world would come to an end,still waiting

I have absolutely no idea why this is relevant. It's completely hatstand.

Cameron's EU on 22:42 - Feb 21 with 1508 viewsjackrabbit

I want out and will be voting so in June. But let's get one thing absolutely clear: whether your preference is like mine to get out, or if your preference is to stay in a reformed EU, your vote in June should be to leave. Why? Well because only if the Leave vote wins will the EU sit up and take notice and really start to concede the reforms that Cameron promised before the last Election and which got him into government with an overall majority. His pitiful achievements of last week go nowhere near what the UK wants. If 'Leave' wins it, the EU will go apeshit and serious discussions will commence to keep us in. So again, 'stay' or 'leave' - vote 'leave', if you really want a reformed EU.
Cameron's EU on 22:53 - Feb 21 with 1494 viewstrampie

Cameron's EU on 22:42 - Feb 21 by jackrabbit

I want out and will be voting so in June. But let's get one thing absolutely clear: whether your preference is like mine to get out, or if your preference is to stay in a reformed EU, your vote in June should be to leave. Why? Well because only if the Leave vote wins will the EU sit up and take notice and really start to concede the reforms that Cameron promised before the last Election and which got him into government with an overall majority. His pitiful achievements of last week go nowhere near what the UK wants. If 'Leave' wins it, the EU will go apeshit and serious discussions will commence to keep us in. So again, 'stay' or 'leave' - vote 'leave', if you really want a reformed EU.

Some people are also saying vote 'Leave' so the UK will break up.

Login to get fewer ads

Cameron's EU on 23:06 - Feb 21 with 1475 viewsKilkennyjack

I think you will find an out vote will result in Britain leaving based on the will of the people. If you don't want the Exit, then vote to stay in.
Hard to understand any welsh person voting to leave.?

Beware of the Risen People

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 23:32 - Feb 21 with 1455 viewstrampie

Just seen some bumbling buffoon on the tv backing the 'Leave' vote, crikey is that the standard of political types in London ?, the bloke could hardly string two words together and he could do with a comb as well.

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 00:37 - Feb 22 with 1420 viewsJack_Meoff

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:35 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

Yes, because it's definitely easier to go through all this renegotiation nonsense, to organise a much earlier than required vote and then to rig it than it would have been to just not have a vote in the first place.

I think his point was that we're going through this pantomime to keep up the illusion of choice. I agree with him in that our vote means less than nothing, but because we're given the option to toddle off up the polling booth, we actually think we have a say in the matter.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 01:03 - Feb 22 with 1400 viewsskippyjack

The fact is.. people will vote where personal gain can be manufactured, it's a natural human instinct apparently.

People will vote in.. because the EU is in favour of their personal interests.. MONEY

People will vote out.. because it is in favour of their personal interest.. MONEY

That's all it comes down towards.. money, prosperity, greed.. humans are like rats infesting a sewerage system.

The World is a business.. this vote is no more than a money spinner.. it's like the national lottery.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Cameron's EU on 01:53 - Feb 22 with 1389 viewsDavillin

Cameron's EU on 23:06 - Feb 21 by Kilkennyjack

I think you will find an out vote will result in Britain leaving based on the will of the people. If you don't want the Exit, then vote to stay in.
Hard to understand any welsh person voting to leave.?

In regard to your last sentence, I have read many writings over many years that indicate that one main purpose of the E.U. [and other NWO-related political entities] is to gradually eliminate national groups in favour of large non-nationalistic entities.

Make of that what you will.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Cameron's EU on 08:13 - Feb 22 with 1341 viewsjackonicko

Cameron's EU on 01:53 - Feb 22 by Davillin

In regard to your last sentence, I have read many writings over many years that indicate that one main purpose of the E.U. [and other NWO-related political entities] is to gradually eliminate national groups in favour of large non-nationalistic entities.

Make of that what you will.

That's no big secret. It's called the Maastricht Treaty.

That was the point the organisation moved from the goals of economic freedoms (trade, people, services, capital) to political union. It then introduced the principle of subsidiarity and realigned the central bodies to deliver exactly what you said.
Cameron's EU on 08:43 - Feb 22 with 1332 viewsWarwickHunt

Utter bollox.
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 13:13 - Feb 22 with 1273 viewsNookiejack

BBC reporting 400 MPs are in the IN camp.

This is interesting as if there was an OUT vote - Parliament is very likely to ask for Referendum question to be reframed - saying that electorate didn't understand the initial one.

This also means that framing of referendum question could also be vague - as then gives In Camp a get out of jail free card.

Boris last night seem to indicate that he didn't really want to pull out of EU - just that he would be in a much stronger position to renegotiate UKs position with EU - in the eventualits of an OUT vote.

As some commentators have said reminds them of Hotel California lyrics - you can check out any time - but you can never leave.
Cameron's EU on 16:36 - Feb 22 with 1226 viewsDavillin

Please do read the article below. If you want to confirm it, the URL follows.

It is revealing about the E.U.'s concept of "democratic princIples," and it's coming your way.

Europe could move to “suspend” countries in which far-right governments rise to power

Zero Hedge - February 22, 2016 228 Comments

Last month, we documented the burgeoning spat between Brussels and Poland over the latter’s move to approve new laws that allow the conservative (and eurosceptic) Law and Justice (PiS) government to name the chiefs of public TV and radio, and select judges for Poland’s constitutional court.

In response to a bloc-wide backlash, Polish minister Zbigniew Ziobro sent a letter to EU commissioner Gunther Oettinger in which Ziobro dismissed criticism of the new laws as “silly.”

Oettinger earlier suggested that Poland be put under supervision for possible violations of democratic principles and after the Polish Wprost weekly ran a cover depicting Angela Merkel, Jean Claude-Juncker, and other eurocrats as Nazis who “want to supervise Poland again,” Brussels hit back by launching a review of the country’s new media laws. Under the “rule of law” mechanism, the EU Commission can compel member states to change measures that pose “a systematic threat” to democracy.

But that’s not all. According to comments from French President Francois Hollande on Friday, Europe could move to “suspend” countries in which far-right governments rise to power.

“French President Francois Hollande warned Friday that an EU member state could be sanctioned if the extreme-right came to power there – and could even be suspended from the bloc,” AFP reports.

“A country can be suspended from the European Union,” the President told France Inter radio.

“Human rights watchdog the Council of Europe last week expressed concern at legislative changes proposed by Poland’s new right-wing government that have been described both at home and abroad as unconstitutional and undemocratic,” AFP goes on to say, adding that “similar concerns have been expressed about Hungary’s right-wing Prime Minister Viktor Orban.”

“When the freedom of the media is in danger, when constitutions and human rights are under attack, Europe must not just be a safety net. It must put in place procedures to suspend (countries) – it can go that far,” Hollande said.

“Checks,” he said, are necessary on Poland.

There are a couple of things to note here. First, it’s not at all clear why it should be up to France how another country’s citizens vote. Indeed, there’s something terribly ironic about the idea of punishing a country for their voting preferences in the name of democracy. There’s certainly nothing democratic about telling entire countries who they’re allowed to elect.

Second, Hollande’s comments seem to reflect fears that the worsening refugee crisis has led to a revival of nationalism in Europe. Between the growing support for PEGIDA, which staged bloc-wide rallies earlier this month)…

…and the popularity of groups like the “Soldiers of Odin” in Finland…

…it’s clear that the far-right is indeed staging a comeback. One wonders how many nations Hollande and Brussels are prepared to “suspend.”

Or perhaps it’s the other way around. Given the shifting sentiment, perhaps the far-right will “suspend” the bloc’s Francois Hollandes for failing to keep Western Europe secure in the face of myriad threats to the bloc’s territorial inegrity and cultural heritage.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2016 16:38]

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 16:53 - Feb 22 with 1215 viewsDavillin

Or this:

Britain to Leave EU Because of Massive, Blond-haired Child
22-02-16

BRITAIN is to set to quit the European Union because the massive, blond-haired child says so.

The child came out against the EU last night in a newspaper article in which he tried very hard to sound like a grown-up.

But although his argument was largely incoherent, it has not stopped Britain from agreeing wholeheartedly with the chunky, vaguely amusing boy.

Emma Wilkinson, from Stevenage, said: “He’s just so wonderfully British. I don’t actually know what that means and I don’t care. Is he full of shit? How would I know? All I can see is that big, cheeky face.”

Martin Bishop, from Peterborough, added: “I have read the article, but I read it out loud in his voice. It was great fun.

“I don’t want to think about the EU because it’s actually very boring. So I’m really happy to delegate my decision to the massive blond-haired child.

“Is it just a cynical ploy so he can become prime minister? What a horrible thing to say about a little boy.”

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:07 - Feb 22 with 1201 viewsjackonicko

Dav - I'm not sure why you have such a fascination with the EU, but if your contributions are going to be articles from info wars or the daily mash then probably best not to bother.

At least the daily mash is based on some grains of truth.
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:39 - Feb 22 with 1179 viewsDavillin

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:07 - Feb 22 by jackonicko

Dav - I'm not sure why you have such a fascination with the EU, but if your contributions are going to be articles from info wars or the daily mash then probably best not to bother.

At least the daily mash is based on some grains of truth.

Jacko: Thanks for your observations.

I wouldn't call it "a fascination," as it's more of a recognition that what happens with the E.U. affects me [and the States] almost as much as it affects you, although in a different way.

I have learned, however, largely to stay away from making personal comments on that subject. I thought that if I simply inserted into a rational discussion an occasional non-personal item that might help discussion of the problem, it would be O.K.

Please do not be offended by this, but many of the posters on P.S. should try reading sites that present viewpoints not their own. Among my "bookmarks" are BBC, Guardian, The Independent, and The Telegraph, none of which are biased toward the U.S. [Ha!], but I read around in them almost every day.

If you avoid websites by their titles or reputation among people who agree with you, you lose out.

I present articles from The Daily Mash for the entertainment of those whose political views do not get in the way of their sense of humour.

Finally, it's an open forum. Anyone who does not want to read what I post is free to avoid them [and many do]. Besides, time has shown me that some [many?] posters do appreciate them. You might consider my offerings intended for others than yourself.

Freedom of Speech includes the freedom to not listen.

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:57 - Feb 22 with 1160 viewsjackonicko

That info wars article is terrible though. Poland has got some serious issues right now, which that article trivialises in such an extraordinary way to suggest it's all about the EU Suspending a member state because of its elected political leanings. None of that is even close to what is really happening in Warsaw right now so it's almost impossible to know where to start with it.

For someone who apparently reads so widely, I find it difficult to understand why you don't realise that?
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:58 - Feb 22 with 1159 viewstrampie

The mentioned outlets are not usually noted for giving the other side of the argument, try Al Jazeera, RT, Press tv.

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:11 - Feb 22 with 1142 viewssherpajacob

on bbc lunchtime news they spoke to a lady who said,
"I'm undecided because I don't know enough about it, but I will be voting to.leave"

Democracy is certainly not perfect

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 18:14 - Feb 22 with 1135 viewslondonlisa2001

Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 17:57 - Feb 22 by jackonicko

That info wars article is terrible though. Poland has got some serious issues right now, which that article trivialises in such an extraordinary way to suggest it's all about the EU Suspending a member state because of its elected political leanings. None of that is even close to what is really happening in Warsaw right now so it's almost impossible to know where to start with it.

For someone who apparently reads so widely, I find it difficult to understand why you don't realise that?

I once read a book on superstring theory. Didn't understand a single word of it although I could probably tell people about it in a way that may make it seem that I did.
Cameron's EU "deal" negotiations. on 15:18 - Feb 23 with 1026 viewsEbo

I had a "brexit" this very morning. Around 7:30 after my breakfast.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024