Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28230 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 09:20 - Jan 8 with 1990 viewsLoyal

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 09:18 - Jan 8 by raynor94

Well if that is the plan, the board have totally lost it as well as you

Huw has already intimates he is going to ponder everything and take his time this Janaury,

Ok, he couldn't get the manager sorted out, but fck me surely we can get in a half decent striker without being so fcking ponderous.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 09:55 - Jan 8 with 1935 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 07:30 - Jan 8 by Private_Partz

I think an average shelf life of 18 months has contributed to our lack of success in appointing anyone deemed suitable. This plus what is perceived to be a controlling chairman doing everything on the cheap whilst giving back room jobs to the boys. Note I say 'perceived' as there us no hard evidence on this but it has been suggested Huw is like this in his DOF job and it could have a knock on effect.
Our record of keeping managers is not good.

I would agree about the perceptions as I have considered this to be the case for a while.
That is why I believe the board did not have a back up plan, no one "poached" Garry this summer and they believed he would be a success again the contact extension some financial back up ala Martinez and Rodgers ...but it went pear shaped. As I have previously stated this board (Huw) saw Garry as our Wenger/Fergie in fir the long haul sadly it was not to be which is why we find ourselves where we are today.
That said manager selection in the past has been successful whilst retention another thing only twice now in this era have we sacked managers ( though you could argue Sousa was close ) Roberto and Brendan moved onto "better" things.I wouldn't say this has contributed to the lack of success to appointing a suitable candidate now I think that is more to do with the fact we do things differently to other clubs financially, and culture wise this worked ok in the lower leagues and when we were an attractive shop window in our earlier PL days more of a problem now as we are in a spot of difficulty with a reputation for not "splashing the cash" and a chairman who likes to get actively involved in the on field side of things.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 9:56]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 09:56 - Jan 8 with 1930 viewslovejuicejack

When we stay up I fully expect curt to be offered a three year contract, you just know that's going to happen.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 9:56]
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 11:37 - Jan 8 with 1879 viewsBloodyhills

We are not in an ideal situation but have oodles of respect for Alan Curtis and hope he does a great job for all of us.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 11:50 - Jan 8 with 1849 viewstomdickharry

Our squad is good enough to stay up just needs every member to play to their full potential to ensure that,plus a couple of loans as reinforcements.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 12:52 - Jan 8 with 1758 viewsFlashberryjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 07:34 - Jan 8 by Lord_Bony

I think the plan is to save money by appointing Curtis and spending it on a striker instead... At least I hope so.

Don't hold your breath on the "spending it on a striker" bit.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 13:50 - Jan 8 with 1690 viewsDevz00

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 12:52 - Jan 8 by Flashberryjack

Don't hold your breath on the "spending it on a striker" bit.

I'd be very surprised if we bought a decent striker.

However, why not get a really good loan option? Someone like Remy. Use the money on someone decent in terms of wages. Not another Ngog/Shechter/Vasquez.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 14:01 - Jan 8 with 1673 viewsYr_Arglwydd_Rhys

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I simply can't believe that we couldn't find a manager willing to take a job in the Premier League. Chances are we weren't offering enough money or a long enough contract.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:24]

Neither of which is necessarily a bad thing from a business point of view. Hiring a numpty on a three year deal and having to sack him within the year is not an option. Neither is hiring a supermarket-sweep type who'll hoover up even more dead wood on the exorbitant prices and salaries demanded by many in the January window.

The board have never claimed that they cannot find a manager willing to take a job in the Premiership; the implication is that there are no suitable candidates at the moment. I can completely understand why a manager would not want to take the Swans job now, but might perhaps do so in the summer, just as I can understand that a keen manager who wants want it is not the type in which the board have full confidence in their abilities.

Yes, there may have been mistakes, but there are also some wise decisions being taken here by potential managers and the board alike.
Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 14:06 - Jan 8 with 1654 viewsFlashberryjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 13:50 - Jan 8 by Devz00

I'd be very surprised if we bought a decent striker.

However, why not get a really good loan option? Someone like Remy. Use the money on someone decent in terms of wages. Not another Ngog/Shechter/Vasquez.

What money ?

Hello

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 14:19 - Jan 8 with 1629 viewsPinky

Alan Akbar!
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 14:23 - Jan 8 with 1618 viewsFlashberryjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 14:19 - Jan 8 by Pinky

Alan Akbar!

Eh!! ?

Hello

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 14:28 - Jan 8 with 1612 viewsSwaneeRiver

I'MO we should have employed an experienced manager or coach on a short term (6 month ? ) contract to support Curtis in his bid to keep us up.
Whilst I believe he will be able to keep us up, should the board 's gamble fail, then the fans will be blaming the very people responsible for getting us to where we are today.
In many ways Huw and co do not deserve the criticism they get now and will surely get if we are relegated in May. However the knives will be out if we do go down.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 14:57 - Jan 8 with 1585 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 by lovejuicejack

What by winning one in five, can't see it myself. We need a huge upturn in quality of play in final third. Don't kid yourself we'll be ok rog mate we are in the shit and if we don't win the next two games the writing is on the wall in afraid. Players know it, board know it.

Please see the statistics below ( summarised from BBC website) which indicate under Curt things in the final third ( and our defensive third have improved)
Possesion % Shots OT Goals For Goals against
AC 5 games 53.4 56 18 3 4

GM last 5 53.8 45 9 2 10
games

Incidentally3 of the last 5 games have been away from home to in form/ "top" clubs (Man U,Ctystal P, Man C ) Garrys last 5 games 3 at home 2 away

Yes just 1 win in 5 but an overall improvement in performances as has been seen on the pitch 24% increase in the number of shots attempted,50% increase on number of attempted shots on target 33% increase in number of goals scored and a 60% decrease in number of goals scored against with 5 points out of 5 games V 1 point from 5 games,1 win 2 draws ( which could easily have been 1 win 4 draws) V 1 draw 4 losses is a uplift in performance in my book
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 20:52]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 15:00 - Jan 8 with 1574 viewsDevz00

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 14:06 - Jan 8 by Flashberryjack

What money ?

The money we were going to use on Bielsa or A.N.Other and didn't spend in the end.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 15:04 - Jan 8 with 1554 viewsFlashberryjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 14:28 - Jan 8 by SwaneeRiver

I'MO we should have employed an experienced manager or coach on a short term (6 month ? ) contract to support Curtis in his bid to keep us up.
Whilst I believe he will be able to keep us up, should the board 's gamble fail, then the fans will be blaming the very people responsible for getting us to where we are today.
In many ways Huw and co do not deserve the criticism they get now and will surely get if we are relegated in May. However the knives will be out if we do go down.

To be fair....Huw and the board have had all the due praise and accolades their wonderful achievements have deserved, plus they've been handsomely rewarded financially.

Maybe, just maybe they've basked in the sunshine of that success a little to much, and we are now seeing the results of what can happen when someone believes their own hype.

How long or how many times must the fans say "thank you" ? If just a quarter of the rumours leaking out of the club are true, any criticism leveled at them is very well deserved IMO.

Hello

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 16:15 - Jan 8 with 1482 viewslondonlisa2001

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 15:04 - Jan 8 by Flashberryjack

To be fair....Huw and the board have had all the due praise and accolades their wonderful achievements have deserved, plus they've been handsomely rewarded financially.

Maybe, just maybe they've basked in the sunshine of that success a little to much, and we are now seeing the results of what can happen when someone believes their own hype.

How long or how many times must the fans say "thank you" ? If just a quarter of the rumours leaking out of the club are true, any criticism leveled at them is very well deserved IMO.

I think your point is well made.

The current board have done a largely fabulous job since taking over and we have enjoyed success beyond our wildest dreams. They have also enjoyed financial recompense beyond their wildest dreams.

But it's not some sort of messianic cult where no decision can ever be questioned for evermore because of the achievements to date. People that are worried about our predicament aren't suddenly 'against the club' or 'not grateful' for God's sake. Nor are they being 'negative' or 'unsupportive'.

There is not a single Swans supporter that isn't 100% behind Curt and the team, not one. But let's not all suddenly pretend that this is the 'right decision from the Board'. Not least because it's not actually a decision, it's what's been left after the decisions have not, for whatever reason. worked out. It's obviously not the only remaining choice, but it certainly was not the preferred choice, otherwise why all the 'flying to South America' nonsense.

The Trust is right in calling for everyone to now just get on with supporting the team - as I said yesterday, the summer will be the right time for mature reflection, but again, don't treat people as stupid. It's pointless saying that the Trust have been fully informed all the way along - why then did the supporters' director start making public references on twitter to an appointment that was transparently not sealed ?

I believe that this is a completely reasonable appointment in the circumstances - I certainly am far happier than I would have been if all sorts of people had been appointed -people like Pearson, or even Poyet, and I have a genuine confidence that the team and fans will rally around Curt to the extent needed to stay up. But let's not pretend this is something that it isn't.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 16:20 - Jan 8 with 1472 viewsLandore_Jack

Good start.....

Are Swansea City interested in Manolo Gabbiadini? 'I've never heard of him," says Alan Curtis

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-intereste
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 16:21]

#backtojack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 16:33 - Jan 8 with 1451 viewslondonlisa2001

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 16:20 - Jan 8 by Landore_Jack

Good start.....

Are Swansea City interested in Manolo Gabbiadini? 'I've never heard of him," says Alan Curtis

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-intereste
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 16:21]

There'll be loads of rumours about forwards for the next few weeks as we so obviously need one.

Some will be real, and some will be agents putting their clients in the shop window.

So how do we tell which is which?

Well in my experience, a good starting point will be that if the player we are 'interested in' is talked about with a price tag of £16m, then it's not true.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 17:18 - Jan 8 with 1408 viewsFlashberryjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 16:15 - Jan 8 by londonlisa2001

I think your point is well made.

The current board have done a largely fabulous job since taking over and we have enjoyed success beyond our wildest dreams. They have also enjoyed financial recompense beyond their wildest dreams.

But it's not some sort of messianic cult where no decision can ever be questioned for evermore because of the achievements to date. People that are worried about our predicament aren't suddenly 'against the club' or 'not grateful' for God's sake. Nor are they being 'negative' or 'unsupportive'.

There is not a single Swans supporter that isn't 100% behind Curt and the team, not one. But let's not all suddenly pretend that this is the 'right decision from the Board'. Not least because it's not actually a decision, it's what's been left after the decisions have not, for whatever reason. worked out. It's obviously not the only remaining choice, but it certainly was not the preferred choice, otherwise why all the 'flying to South America' nonsense.

The Trust is right in calling for everyone to now just get on with supporting the team - as I said yesterday, the summer will be the right time for mature reflection, but again, don't treat people as stupid. It's pointless saying that the Trust have been fully informed all the way along - why then did the supporters' director start making public references on twitter to an appointment that was transparently not sealed ?

I believe that this is a completely reasonable appointment in the circumstances - I certainly am far happier than I would have been if all sorts of people had been appointed -people like Pearson, or even Poyet, and I have a genuine confidence that the team and fans will rally around Curt to the extent needed to stay up. But let's not pretend this is something that it isn't.

The more I'm looking at things, the more I feel the appointment of Allan Curtis for the rest of the season, is not only the best decision, but the only one in the present circumstances.

And as for the trust coming out and urging Swans fans to support Allan as manager, makes me feel they're also loosing/lost touch with the fans..........what else did they expect us to do, for goodness sake.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024