Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's View! 18:50 - Dec 19 with 24777 viewsroccydaleian

https://audioboom.com/boos/3977161-i-hope-they-help-us-establish-rather-than-des
Hilly's View! on 20:08 - Dec 19 with 3239 viewsBartRowou

Hilly's View! on 20:04 - Dec 19 by wildie

Same themes but yeah. Alludes to the PV article in the programme, how it's hard for him to coach and nurture players when it's like this. It's the fans responsibility to re -connect. You can see where the GMR interview has come from. I think the interview had been brewing all week to be honest. Personally think the guy is a great manager the best I've seen in 30 years and what he's done for the club is magnificent. However would I have pint with him? No. when it comes to his media skills he's emotionally stunted and I'd prefer it if CB did them & this shroud waving of I could go does my nut in. Finally throw in the two T.V performances and the post match interview today, in footballing terms we've just scored an O.G in attracting fans for forthcoming games. On another note we won 3-1 today were not a bad team and I'll be damed if his time of the month post match comments are going to spoil my Sat night

Maybe he's just fed up cos United and Bolton are rubbish.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hilly's View! on 20:30 - Dec 19 with 3168 viewsroccydaleian

More...
[Post edited 19 Dec 2015 20:32]
Hilly's View! on 20:38 - Dec 19 with 3135 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hilly's View! on 19:43 - Dec 19 by D_Alien

Only you are capable of following someone's career when they're not at your club?

Condescending nonsense - and that's me "being honest", but don't worry, I'm not coming on to you.

Haha.

Nowt condescending about it. You said he wasn't always like this, because you've "known him longer than you". I suggested my opinion was still valid and actually, the fact I've experienced him as a winning and losing manager, makes my opinion more relative if anything.

In other words, I know him well enough to form and share an opinion.

Sorry if I've offended you, wasn't intentional.
Hilly's View! on 20:42 - Dec 19 with 3121 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 20:30 - Dec 19 by roccydaleian

More...
[Post edited 19 Dec 2015 20:32]

A question for the manager: what exactly are we supposed to be doing as supporters?

And one for the club: are these types of interview going to increase the #teamrochdale feeling?

We all know there are a few fans who go OTT with criticism, both at games and on here, but I'm failing to see why this is any different a) right now, and b) to what goes on at any other club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly's View! on 20:42 - Dec 19 with 3117 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly's View! on 19:26 - Dec 19 by 49thseason

I think the fan's frustration came out for 9 minutes between their goal and the penalty- mainly because there didn't seem to be any sense of urgency or passion in the side up to that point, Passing was poor, tackling and tracking back seemed lacklustre and the forwards hardly touched the ball. The distribution from the back had been awful and the midfield was being completely by-passed as McNulty insisted on slinging long, diagonal balls out to the right wing to no real effect and little real accuracy.
As soon as we got back on terms, the atmosphere changed and I could only see one team winning, but we are certainly not seeing the free-flowing football from earlier in the season.
If we had started with energy and pace, we would have had the game won easily by half time.

I thought we started well! Created 2 great chances ( Camps just failing to get his head to a wonderful Rose cross and Andrew's header ). They scored from a mix up from us ( these things happen ) but I honestly never felt we wouldn't get back in it and win today. I think for once Hill has a point about negative fans - I couldn't believe some of the boos and comments / groans coming from the Pearl St stand today.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly's View! on 20:57 - Dec 19 with 3073 viewsNinco

I sit within earshot of Hill and the only comments I could hear shouted out today were aimed at the linesman on Hill's side because he was not doing his job. Nothing bad was said either to Hill or to any of the players. The players were applauded on their way out, at half time, at the end and after each goal. I think Hill wants us to be permanently applauding and cheering as he clearly doesn't think our support at the moment is good enough. Like the players, the fans also need motivating and you do that by playing good flowing football on the pitch. If Hill expects us to cheer and applaud every time we pass the ball back to the keeper or boot a clearance out of the ground, he is going to have a long wait. He needs to accept that the fans get behind the team as much as they can. The only problem is that there aren't enough fans to make that noise, and that is down to the club to address. They need to do market research to find out why the people of Rochdale don't want to get behind their local team.
Hilly's View! on 20:59 - Dec 19 with 3060 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 20:42 - Dec 19 by dingdangblue

I thought we started well! Created 2 great chances ( Camps just failing to get his head to a wonderful Rose cross and Andrew's header ). They scored from a mix up from us ( these things happen ) but I honestly never felt we wouldn't get back in it and win today. I think for once Hill has a point about negative fans - I couldn't believe some of the boos and comments / groans coming from the Pearl St stand today.

I doubt anyone would argue that some fans expectations are too high and their criticism goes too far, but what does commenting on it achieve? Yet to hear any real answer to that question over the years.

It certainly wasn't that bad an atmosphere in the main stand, or really around the ground to warrant it being the main talking point. Why not focus on a good three points and leave it there?

Lack of support for the philosophy and it's been forgotten? Really?

Hilly's View! on 21:25 - Dec 19 with 2981 viewslurker

I normally could not give a flying football what Hill says but must say I am very disappointed in these comments. I also can't believe that the club media staff have not just erased the interview immediately after filming it. Putting it out on YouTube for all to see could do damage in my opinion.

I went to a game today and supported the team. I didn't boo at any point but I was forgiving of those around me that did in the Pearl Street as it was simply frustration on their part. It was all good in the end and the same fans were applauding the players later in the game when things improved.

I have supported Hill in the past but to echo another forumite above I feel like I've come back from a fairly enjoyable game, had a decent time, feeling good and just had a massive kick in the balls when I've come home and logged on to read about the victory.

Not to make a mountain out of a molehill but someone needs to get hold of Keith and tell him he can't speak to the press post game for the foreseeable future. Beech did an interview pregame in which he broached the same issue Keith is talking about now but the way he handled it and spoke was much more positive and appealing. He is infinitely better at handling this stuff and needs to be given the full time job.

In no way am I criticising the manager from a footballing perspective but he is helping nobody with this shite and the media (including our own club staff) need to take some responsibility and concentrate in the football which I agree is decent enough for a club of our standing.

Oh and I don't care much about bury for the record, although I find them entertaining too at times!
Login to get fewer ads

Hilly's View! on 22:04 - Dec 19 with 2900 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 20:38 - Dec 19 by WhiteyBFC

Haha.

Nowt condescending about it. You said he wasn't always like this, because you've "known him longer than you". I suggested my opinion was still valid and actually, the fact I've experienced him as a winning and losing manager, makes my opinion more relative if anything.

In other words, I know him well enough to form and share an opinion.

Sorry if I've offended you, wasn't intentional.

You've got it right this time; your opinion's valid, but not MORE valid. Dunno about your relatives.

Back to the relevant topic - there's really only one person with a problem here, and that's Keith Hill. Philosophy's for philosophers - he's a football manager and should start acting like one.

He's so far out of order in trying to tell supporters, many of us of four or five decades, how to support OUR football team I don't know where to start. But I know where it'll end, and that's with fewer turning up.

If that's what Chris Dunphy and the board want, they can let him keep on giving post-match interviews, but whether he's stopped or not, it's now firmly established how little regard he has for the genuine football fan. What an idiot.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly's View! on 22:09 - Dec 19 with 2873 viewsrobbowood

Hilly's View! on 21:25 - Dec 19 by lurker

I normally could not give a flying football what Hill says but must say I am very disappointed in these comments. I also can't believe that the club media staff have not just erased the interview immediately after filming it. Putting it out on YouTube for all to see could do damage in my opinion.

I went to a game today and supported the team. I didn't boo at any point but I was forgiving of those around me that did in the Pearl Street as it was simply frustration on their part. It was all good in the end and the same fans were applauding the players later in the game when things improved.

I have supported Hill in the past but to echo another forumite above I feel like I've come back from a fairly enjoyable game, had a decent time, feeling good and just had a massive kick in the balls when I've come home and logged on to read about the victory.

Not to make a mountain out of a molehill but someone needs to get hold of Keith and tell him he can't speak to the press post game for the foreseeable future. Beech did an interview pregame in which he broached the same issue Keith is talking about now but the way he handled it and spoke was much more positive and appealing. He is infinitely better at handling this stuff and needs to be given the full time job.

In no way am I criticising the manager from a footballing perspective but he is helping nobody with this shite and the media (including our own club staff) need to take some responsibility and concentrate in the football which I agree is decent enough for a club of our standing.

Oh and I don't care much about bury for the record, although I find them entertaining too at times!

100% well said!!

From where I was in the Sandy there was booing at most by a dozen people (very briefly) after our mistake led to their goal - hardly a massive amount to even remotely justify even a shread of Hilly's comments

Most of us accept we have not played as well as we did last season due to losing players, injuries to key midfield players, not having a consistent goalscorer and that our second season in this division was never going to be easy

Yet we have 30 points from 22 games which is a tremendous effort so far especially with all the young players in the team

Having come home in a great and positive frame of mind for Xmas and the coming games to then listen to Hilly's negative comments has certainly put me on a "downer" after a great effort to come back from a goal behind and win 3-1

I am Hilly's number 1 fan (and we will surely never get a better manager) but he really should stop having a go at the supporters with his negative comments and say more about the positives going on at Spotland for the rest of the season in all future media interviews
Hilly's View! on 22:15 - Dec 19 with 2849 viewsRotherhamDale

Keith Hills Rules:

1. Do not question Keith Hill
2. Do not discuss Keith Hills decisions
3. Do not question any players ability as they are so frail that they can't have a bad word said against them
4. Keep turning up to pay his wages
5. Put up with Joe effing Bunney

Possession with progression.

Hilly's View! on 22:28 - Dec 19 with 2811 viewsmholt44

Hilly's View! on 20:04 - Dec 19 by wildie

Same themes but yeah. Alludes to the PV article in the programme, how it's hard for him to coach and nurture players when it's like this. It's the fans responsibility to re -connect. You can see where the GMR interview has come from. I think the interview had been brewing all week to be honest. Personally think the guy is a great manager the best I've seen in 30 years and what he's done for the club is magnificent. However would I have pint with him? No. when it comes to his media skills he's emotionally stunted and I'd prefer it if CB did them & this shroud waving of I could go does my nut in. Finally throw in the two T.V performances and the post match interview today, in footballing terms we've just scored an O.G in attracting fans for forthcoming games. On another note we won 3-1 today were not a bad team and I'll be damed if his time of the month post match comments are going to spoil my Sat night

Wow , we really do have some uneducated fans and I'm with Keith all the way. How can you become disengaged from the philosophy and ethos that Keith has set out. Granted, he can be aloof, eccentric, bizarre and sometimes rude, but aren't the best managers in the world the same (Mourinho, Ferguson etxc|). I'm not comparing him to the latter but he has the same qualification as them (Pro Licence). He can rub shoulders with them and deserves our respect. We sit above Swindon, Blackpool Shrewsbury Doncaster Scunthorpe Oldham Fleetwood Barnsley Crewe and chesterfield and within 3 points of Bury Millwall and Sheff UTD. We are 4 points from the play off positions, its xmas, half way through the season. We get gates of 2500, we are solvent , money in the bank and in League 1. We have been in league 1 for 4 seasons out of the last 38. We have 5 players from the academy excelling in league 1. We are punching so far above our weight its frightening. Some people on this site need to get some perspective. All of the teams I have mentioned attract far bigger gates than us, have far bigger budgets than us, have been in league 1 and the championship for longer than we have been in league 1. We need to get some perspective. I had a pop at a fan who sits behind me today who is a big player in the supporters trust . He started to berate the players, McDermott in particular after 2 mins, he stated get it forward, stop pissing about....2 mins. He's done it for 2 years, he's so negative its unreal, he's not the only one in the main stand. I'm sure there are others in all parts of the grounds. Put them right, tell them. OMG. We have so many uneducated fans, its not their fault, football has evolved in the last 5 years, we have managers at this level with a pro licence, managers who promote youth, managers who play systems and use strategies and training methods that Mourinho and Ferguson have used. Banging it forward playing back to front football is so archaic. however that's what the uneducated and the older element want, its all they know. I coach at academy level, have a UEFA B Licence coaching badge and I can relate to and APPRECIATE What Keith is doing. We are trying to play cultured football, playing through the thirds, patient football where re cycling and moving from one side of the pitch to the other, drawing the opposition out and dictating play towards an overload are part of a strategy that exits in modern day football. We might not have the players to be 100% successful doing this, but we are trying to do things the right way and to date we have been bloody successful. The players are being educated to PLAY, we don't have the right to berate, we are fans, supporters, we have had one hell of a ride with Keith, the best 10 years in the clubs history. Fans can be very short sighted, to eager for the next 3 points. Don't forget this club has never, never, never been in league 1 for 3 consecutive seasons... never, just bear that in mind when you say we were crap today, Keith has lost the plot, we need a striker...etc. I hate the fact that some of our supporters are flying their premier league flag of sack him get someone else in....remember Coleman, Eyre, Jesus Christ have a day off. If you want to come to a game and slag everyone off for 90 mins, stay at home and do it to the missus. Support the team or stay away . Failing that get educated and change the record, we've never had it so good. !!!!
Hilly's View! on 22:35 - Dec 19 with 2789 viewsfitzochris

You've listed all of the things that make Keith Hill a great manager. That isn't up for debate. The vast majority of us are on board with that.

The quibble here is his publically-aired opinion of the fans. I struggle to understand how he has formed this opinion given that most posters on here, and all other Dale fans I know, are 100% behind him and what he is doing at the club.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hilly's View! on 22:35 - Dec 19 with 2787 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 22:28 - Dec 19 by mholt44

Wow , we really do have some uneducated fans and I'm with Keith all the way. How can you become disengaged from the philosophy and ethos that Keith has set out. Granted, he can be aloof, eccentric, bizarre and sometimes rude, but aren't the best managers in the world the same (Mourinho, Ferguson etxc|). I'm not comparing him to the latter but he has the same qualification as them (Pro Licence). He can rub shoulders with them and deserves our respect. We sit above Swindon, Blackpool Shrewsbury Doncaster Scunthorpe Oldham Fleetwood Barnsley Crewe and chesterfield and within 3 points of Bury Millwall and Sheff UTD. We are 4 points from the play off positions, its xmas, half way through the season. We get gates of 2500, we are solvent , money in the bank and in League 1. We have been in league 1 for 4 seasons out of the last 38. We have 5 players from the academy excelling in league 1. We are punching so far above our weight its frightening. Some people on this site need to get some perspective. All of the teams I have mentioned attract far bigger gates than us, have far bigger budgets than us, have been in league 1 and the championship for longer than we have been in league 1. We need to get some perspective. I had a pop at a fan who sits behind me today who is a big player in the supporters trust . He started to berate the players, McDermott in particular after 2 mins, he stated get it forward, stop pissing about....2 mins. He's done it for 2 years, he's so negative its unreal, he's not the only one in the main stand. I'm sure there are others in all parts of the grounds. Put them right, tell them. OMG. We have so many uneducated fans, its not their fault, football has evolved in the last 5 years, we have managers at this level with a pro licence, managers who promote youth, managers who play systems and use strategies and training methods that Mourinho and Ferguson have used. Banging it forward playing back to front football is so archaic. however that's what the uneducated and the older element want, its all they know. I coach at academy level, have a UEFA B Licence coaching badge and I can relate to and APPRECIATE What Keith is doing. We are trying to play cultured football, playing through the thirds, patient football where re cycling and moving from one side of the pitch to the other, drawing the opposition out and dictating play towards an overload are part of a strategy that exits in modern day football. We might not have the players to be 100% successful doing this, but we are trying to do things the right way and to date we have been bloody successful. The players are being educated to PLAY, we don't have the right to berate, we are fans, supporters, we have had one hell of a ride with Keith, the best 10 years in the clubs history. Fans can be very short sighted, to eager for the next 3 points. Don't forget this club has never, never, never been in league 1 for 3 consecutive seasons... never, just bear that in mind when you say we were crap today, Keith has lost the plot, we need a striker...etc. I hate the fact that some of our supporters are flying their premier league flag of sack him get someone else in....remember Coleman, Eyre, Jesus Christ have a day off. If you want to come to a game and slag everyone off for 90 mins, stay at home and do it to the missus. Support the team or stay away . Failing that get educated and change the record, we've never had it so good. !!!!

I respect Hill. I respect his philosophy and that it suits this club perfectly. I have no coaching badges but would back my knowledge of the game in a conversation with anybody.

I don't consider constructive criticism of his selections or tactics make any fan uneducated about the game or in need of getting perspective. We have a fantastic manager yet he's not beyond being questioned now and again.

Hilly's View! on 22:44 - Dec 19 with 2743 viewswildie

Frig me. You don't have to do post match interviews as well do you 😬
Hilly's View! on 22:45 - Dec 19 with 2593 viewsKenBoon

I don't think he was that bad about the fans. His point about Berry being in the same league and therefore fans compare their teams results to their rivals is fair. My problem is with an attitude from the club that crowd sizes aren't important. If i've said it once i've said it a million times, we're not "unsuccessful old Rochdale" for nearly 20 years we've been a competitive club. The old stereotype shouldn't exist any more and the fan base should fight it. However first and foremost the Club should be fighting it and this doesn't appear to be the case.
Hilly's View! on 22:46 - Dec 19 with 2592 viewsAussieDale

Best post I've seen on here in a while. I've been over twice in recent years and been lucky enough to have watched 3 or 4 games from the main stand. In my view and as a casual observer the level of negativity I witnessed is alarming. Just a bunch of generally unhappy moaning old gits. FFS our crowd, the general environment, wages paid etc. etc. all scream conference level and yet here we are an established div. 1 side.
Hilly's View! on 22:46 - Dec 19 with 2590 viewsmholt44

Hilly's View! on 22:35 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

I respect Hill. I respect his philosophy and that it suits this club perfectly. I have no coaching badges but would back my knowledge of the game in a conversation with anybody.

I don't consider constructive criticism of his selections or tactics make any fan uneducated about the game or in need of getting perspective. We have a fantastic manager yet he's not beyond being questioned now and again.

I AGREE and don't mind criticism of Keith, but some people on here do not have a clue what they are going on about and have no idea about what's going on behind the scenes. They are so short sited and reactive its scary, id rather we get 2000 a week and the 200 idiots stay away and i'm sure plenty would agree. Do we really think we are struggling. Where we are is amazing considering the resources we have and anything above our current position is a gift from Santa. Lets be real lets not think for one minute that our highest ever league position last year and another season in league one is anything short of outstanding. Just wanting another 3 points and spouting off when we lose is so short sighted, please think before you shout negative comments during a game, we have young players who need our support. Its only a minority, lets get rid of them and tell them, !!
Hilly's View! on 22:46 - Dec 19 with 2590 viewsrobbowood

Hilly's View! on 22:35 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

What baffles me is "It's the fans responsibility to re -connect"

I and the people I stand with in the Sandy are 100% 'connected' with Hilly. We always have been and always will be

Surely there is no need for 99.9% of Dale fans to 're-connect'

Can someone tell me when did we 'disconnect'????
Hilly's View! on 22:58 - Dec 19 with 2554 viewsfitzochris

Hilly's View! on 22:46 - Dec 19 by robbowood

What baffles me is "It's the fans responsibility to re -connect"

I and the people I stand with in the Sandy are 100% 'connected' with Hilly. We always have been and always will be

Surely there is no need for 99.9% of Dale fans to 're-connect'

Can someone tell me when did we 'disconnect'????

That's it right there.

And I don't know why he thinks enough of us have "disconnected" for it to warrant the response he gave.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hilly's View! on 23:09 - Dec 19 with 2513 viewsDannyG_RAFC

I for one think he is completely out of order when he slates the fans support when we've won 3-1, his problem is have the time he has a potty mouth in relation to criticism and a bad week on the training pitch he blames the fans, hopefully he will understand our frustration if we go 1-0 down next week. But, we won, 4pts of the playoffs and thinks will be looking up with a win next week, stop crying keef.
Hilly's View! on 23:26 - Dec 19 with 2469 viewsDaley_Lama

1% of the crowd booing would lead a journo to think there is discourse.

1 min of looking at this bourd and one would think there is discourse.

That's 2015 for you.

Poll: DF in or out

Hilly's View! on 23:37 - Dec 19 with 2438 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 23:26 - Dec 19 by Daley_Lama

1% of the crowd booing would lead a journo to think there is discourse.

1 min of looking at this bourd and one would think there is discourse.

That's 2015 for you.

A few posters who post overtly negatively and many, many more who see the bigger picture making their point?

That's what should be seen within 60 seconds.

Hilly's View! on 23:42 - Dec 19 with 2419 viewsDaley_Lama

Skim reading, a simple glance and wa la, there is discourse

Poll: DF in or out

Hilly's View! on 23:45 - Dec 19 with 2406 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 23:42 - Dec 19 by Daley_Lama

Skim reading, a simple glance and wa la, there is discourse

Then the person reading it isn't doing themselves any favours.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024