Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is that time up for Garry? 17:10 - Dec 5 with 20605 viewsPhil_S

Is that tune up for Garry?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is that time up for Garry? on 23:48 - Dec 5 with 2790 viewsSwanseajill

Is that time up for Garry? on 23:38 - Dec 5 by lovejuicejack

Should monk be given more time?

I'm truly sad to say this, but if he can't get the squad playing with passion for us, then he, the board and the fans just can't continue until there is relegation staring us in the face.

The way we are playing just doesn't feel right. A couple of players today looked like passengers. Something's not right at the club and we don't have "time" to get it corrected.
Is that time up for Garry? on 23:48 - Dec 5 with 2790 viewsWarwickHunt

Is that time up for Garry? on 23:35 - Dec 5 by Swanseajill

Never in a month of Sunday's is the current squad the best we've had. Although some pundits and those with an adgenda have been repeating this fact over and over.

A recent thread asked along the lines of... '' What is the problem with us?"

The post above has answered the question.

If not, why not? We should be consolidating/improving year on year not regressing.

The "best squad ever" quote was Monk's. Did he have an "agenda"?
Is that time up for Garry? on 23:51 - Dec 5 with 2773 viewslovejuicejack

Is that time up for Garry? on 23:48 - Dec 5 by Swanseajill

I'm truly sad to say this, but if he can't get the squad playing with passion for us, then he, the board and the fans just can't continue until there is relegation staring us in the face.

The way we are playing just doesn't feel right. A couple of players today looked like passengers. Something's not right at the club and we don't have "time" to get it corrected.

There you go Jill that wasn't so hard was it.
Is that time up for Garry? on 23:52 - Dec 5 with 2769 viewsJackanapes

Is that time up for Garry? on 23:48 - Dec 5 by Swanseajill

Something happened at the first international break . Somethings been terribly wrong since Stoke.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Is that time up for Garry? on 23:53 - Dec 5 with 2758 viewsSwanseajill

Is that time up for Garry? on 23:48 - Dec 5 by WarwickHunt

If not, why not? We should be consolidating/improving year on year not regressing.

The "best squad ever" quote was Monk's. Did he have an "agenda"?

Of course he did, it's his squad. What other agenda would he have?

I'm the best tailoress in the world ....that's my agenda...

Silly question Warwick.
Is that time up for Garry? on 23:58 - Dec 5 with 2732 viewsDarran

Is that time up for Garry? on 23:53 - Dec 5 by Swanseajill

Of course he did, it's his squad. What other agenda would he have?

I'm the best tailoress in the world ....that's my agenda...

Silly question Warwick.

Warwicks been hanging around with is mate Spratty too much.

Seriously though grown men taking what football managers say as gospel.

F*cking hell like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is that time up for Garry? on 00:10 - Dec 6 with 2691 viewslonglostjack

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:58 - Dec 5 by Morfa_Same

I agree totally with this. The playing squad has gone backwards in a big way over the last two years. Naughton for Rangel. Bartley for Chico. Taylor for Davies. Ki for De Guzman. Sigurdsson for Michu (yes I know that Sigurdsson is still a very good player) and most importantly Gomis for Bony. I can't understand how anyone says this is the best squad we've ever had. It isn't. We need to be reviewing more than just the manager's position.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 20:00]

Sorry got to disagree - I don't think the quality has gone down - Cork, Naughton. Fernandez, Ayew Montero etc. - but just that Leon, Angel and Ben were relatively underestimated - Leon being consigned to 4th choice for example was much to hasty.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Is that time up for Garry? on 00:29 - Dec 6 with 2646 viewsSwanseajill

Is that time up for Garry? on 23:42 - Dec 5 by lovejuicejack

I'm asking Jill as she is a monk lover

I respect the man for the last 12 years he has acted throughout as a true proffesional. A great club captain, and from personal experience have seen his respect for the fans over the years.
Wanted desperately to continue playing until his mid 30s, which was ended early through an injury.

I hate the abuse he has taken from the first announcement of his position as manager from so called fans on social media.
Login to get fewer ads

Is that time up for Garry? on 00:50 - Dec 6 with 2615 viewsUplandsJack

Is that time up for Garry? on 00:29 - Dec 6 by Swanseajill

I respect the man for the last 12 years he has acted throughout as a true proffesional. A great club captain, and from personal experience have seen his respect for the fans over the years.
Wanted desperately to continue playing until his mid 30s, which was ended early through an injury.

I hate the abuse he has taken from the first announcement of his position as manager from so called fans on social media.

I sorry but you respect the man who, in all honesty only cares about himself...
He knifed Laudrup in the back... Actually told me himself he'd done it by going to HJ and complaining...
Fained injury to avoid loan to brizzle city as knew it would spell the end for him here...
Hoped Sousa failed at getting us to premier league, again own words in his book.
No sorry if he really believes what he sprouts about his love of this club he'd do the right thing and resign before it's too late for anyone to save us....
Is that time up for Garry? on 07:53 - Dec 6 with 2418 viewsAngelRangelQS

Is that time up for Garry? on 00:50 - Dec 6 by UplandsJack

I sorry but you respect the man who, in all honesty only cares about himself...
He knifed Laudrup in the back... Actually told me himself he'd done it by going to HJ and complaining...
Fained injury to avoid loan to brizzle city as knew it would spell the end for him here...
Hoped Sousa failed at getting us to premier league, again own words in his book.
No sorry if he really believes what he sprouts about his love of this club he'd do the right thing and resign before it's too late for anyone to save us....

Still deserved better than some of the crap he has been given
Is that time up for Garry? on 08:44 - Dec 6 with 2355 viewsJackanapes

Is that time up for Garry? on 00:29 - Dec 6 by Swanseajill

Its not the abuse from the people who have always wanted him out that is relevant but the genuine desire he leave from those that supported him, whether grudgingly or not, or even wanted him as manager. I supported him from the get go( even though I was horrified about how they shafted Laudrup) . Now its time he went. You cant use the abuse that others give him to divert from that.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Is that time up for Garry? on 09:08 - Dec 6 with 2321 viewsWarwickHunt

Is that time up for Garry? on 23:58 - Dec 5 by Darran

Warwicks been hanging around with is mate Spratty too much.

Seriously though grown men taking what football managers say as gospel.

F*cking hell like.

The point is, dull boy, that Monk made a rod for his own back by coming out with that statement and not whether it's "gospel".

Is that time up for Garry? on 09:42 - Dec 6 with 2246 viewsBloodyhills

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:28 - Dec 5 by Newhousemustscore

To anyone who voted "no", can I ask why? Please give Garry's wife what she's always wanted.. A move out of here.

I don't care about Gary's wife, I care about our club staying in the Prem.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Is that time up for Garry? on 10:18 - Dec 6 with 2167 viewsperchrockjack

Old scores are for Internet .

It passes the time.

For our club, it's insulting to have good people like Jill having the pisse taken out of them.

Abuse is part of the game. People in certain jobs get far more and for far less.

I've had some awful stuff .

Yma o hyd though.

Monk will be getting more than I was to get the abuse.

He won't be bothered by any abuse

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is that time up for Garry? on 11:15 - Dec 6 with 2091 viewsNewhousemustscore

Is that time up for Garry? on 09:42 - Dec 6 by Bloodyhills

I don't care about Gary's wife, I care about our club staying in the Prem.

I don't care about Garry's wife either. It was meant "tongue in cheek".
Is that time up for Garry? on 13:09 - Dec 6 with 1906 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Anyone on the list you guys would go for?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

May as well add to the speculation I suppose until it's official. If brave enough some may even lump on??

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Is that time up for Garry? on 13:18 - Dec 6 with 1887 viewsSwanseajill

Is that time up for Garry? on 08:44 - Dec 6 by Jackanapes

Its not the abuse from the people who have always wanted him out that is relevant but the genuine desire he leave from those that supported him, whether grudgingly or not, or even wanted him as manager. I supported him from the get go( even though I was horrified about how they shafted Laudrup) . Now its time he went. You cant use the abuse that others give him to divert from that.

It's not an excuse to divert from the fact that we are trouble. It's personal abuse that shows lack of respect to any individual....and he, GM. although has tried his best,does not deserve the abuse he's had in the past, or the present.

As far as Laudrup getting " shafted" It's difficult for many fans.to find favour in any manager who says that it's pointless competing with the top six in the table. And putting out a team at Anfield that gets embarrassingly defeated. And whoever he is, or was as a player. If your paid very highly, you need to spend every available moment of time on your team...which he didn't.
Is that time up for Garry? on 13:21 - Dec 6 with 1877 viewsJackanapes

either way 90% of the sampled set are in agreement about one thing.( i should add " at the time of writing" to that before the (going) postal vote arrives via alt land.)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 13:28]

Is that time up for Garry? on 13:38 - Dec 6 with 1828 viewsmonmouth

Is that time up for Garry? on 13:18 - Dec 6 by Swanseajill

It's not an excuse to divert from the fact that we are trouble. It's personal abuse that shows lack of respect to any individual....and he, GM. although has tried his best,does not deserve the abuse he's had in the past, or the present.

As far as Laudrup getting " shafted" It's difficult for many fans.to find favour in any manager who says that it's pointless competing with the top six in the table. And putting out a team at Anfield that gets embarrassingly defeated. And whoever he is, or was as a player. If your paid very highly, you need to spend every available moment of time on your team...which he didn't.

This team Laudrup put out that got embarrassingly defeated.......included Bartley and Routledge didn't it? Yet here they are yesterday, large as life and twice as crap. And it was a week before our first ever major cup final? laudrup was so disgusted with Bartley he played his 'bete-noir' Ki at centre back in the final. That's a poor stick to beat Laudrup with. Not controlling the excesses of Tutu and totally losing any real interest after his, and our, fabulous cup win might be better.

I don't agree with any abuse that GM is getting either as he is clearly trying to do his best and hasn't yet the experience of management (football or otherwise) to realise that 'working harder' is rarely the answer.

We'd lost in our heads yesterday before we took the field, and for that alone he should, if he had any real fibre, walk. He won't of course because of the money, and neither would I.

The adult approach now is to come to an amicable parting and get a fresh start. Some players need to be ditched too. Whether the Board will be willing to risk the finances required to do what's necessary, much of which will be unpalatable payouts, will be interesting.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 13:40]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is that time up for Garry? on 13:52 - Dec 6 with 1798 viewsSwanseajill

Is that time up for Garry? on 13:21 - Dec 6 by Jackanapes

either way 90% of the sampled set are in agreement about one thing.( i should add " at the time of writing" to that before the (going) postal vote arrives via alt land.)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 13:28]

It's sad to see after the 18 months of new manager, new hope..

But it's football, and I've secured my ST for next season hoping for the premiership to continue. I've been through demotion from to top flight before....I still got up the next morning.........
Is that time up for Garry? on 13:59 - Dec 6 with 1793 viewsmonmouth

Is that time up for Garry? on 13:52 - Dec 6 by Swanseajill

It's sad to see after the 18 months of new manager, new hope..

But it's football, and I've secured my ST for next season hoping for the premiership to continue. I've been through demotion from to top flight before....I still got up the next morning.........

I didn't. Drunk too much in the adelphi the night before. (Football) Life went on though for sure.....and got much worse!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is that time up for Garry? on 14:03 - Dec 6 with 1783 viewsSwanseajill

Is that time up for Garry? on 13:38 - Dec 6 by monmouth

This team Laudrup put out that got embarrassingly defeated.......included Bartley and Routledge didn't it? Yet here they are yesterday, large as life and twice as crap. And it was a week before our first ever major cup final? laudrup was so disgusted with Bartley he played his 'bete-noir' Ki at centre back in the final. That's a poor stick to beat Laudrup with. Not controlling the excesses of Tutu and totally losing any real interest after his, and our, fabulous cup win might be better.

I don't agree with any abuse that GM is getting either as he is clearly trying to do his best and hasn't yet the experience of management (football or otherwise) to realise that 'working harder' is rarely the answer.

We'd lost in our heads yesterday before we took the field, and for that alone he should, if he had any real fibre, walk. He won't of course because of the money, and neither would I.

The adult approach now is to come to an amicable parting and get a fresh start. Some players need to be ditched too. Whether the Board will be willing to risk the finances required to do what's necessary, much of which will be unpalatable payouts, will be interesting.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 13:40]

I can't disagree with any of that, and I must admit to a senior moment over his agent having such influence over him and affecting ...our club.

I've said before on here, that a few of the players must take some of the blame for the poor results we've had the last few months.,disregarding what tactics GM put out on the day.
Is that time up for Garry? on 14:24 - Dec 6 with 1737 viewsJackanapes

Many of us have been through demotion from the top flight before. Its not a pleasant experience.Hence the desire to do something whilst it is avoidable.

Is that time up for Garry? on 17:46 - Dec 6 with 1425 viewsJack_Kass

A huge concern is our run in, which coincidentally is similar to the same run of fixtures as were currenly struggling to find form in.

We cannot be going into the last 6 games anything apart from safe. This happened to Norwich two seasons ago, I think they lost the last 5 games on the bounce and went down, after being seemingly home and dry in their minds.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Is that time up for Garry? (n/t) on 17:53 - Dec 6 with 1403 viewsBuzz481

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024